“great price for what you get”
Review of Arena Inn

Arena Inn
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in El Gouna
Alexandria, Egypt
“great price for what you get”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

a nice and very quiet hotel, super clean, friendly staff, nice prices, i would totally recommend it for anyone.
breakfast was delicious with a mixture of Egyptian and German cuisine.
each hotel i reviewed in the last years i had to write the negative points but for this one i can't really find a single negative point, maybe they must install better AC units because the ones they have didn't lower the temperature enough for me.

Room Tip: if you are 3 go for an apartment better than a triple room. if a properly working ac is a must for...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
vlusci, General Manager at Arena Inn, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Mr. Nour,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your experience online. It is very nice to read that you felt happy with us and we are looking forward to your next visit. Should you have any question or wish for your next stay, please feel free to contact us at any time.

Wishing you a good day, I thank you once again and remain,

Maged Maher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Luxor
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The Arena hotel was my choice of a mid range and price place to stay on a first trip to E Gouna.
The hotel although looking quite small from the front is in fact quite large with something in the region of 400 rooms.
For a few days holiday I only require a clean room, a bar and a decent breakfast. Arena has all of these. The room was pleasant if somewhat small, a very good shower, again small but very efficient with plenty of hot water. The bed sheets were very soft and comfortable, and the mattress soft.
Cleaning was done during the morning if one requires it, with a do not disturb thing to hang on the door if it isnt required.
Breakfast was standard buffet style with a chef cooking omelets or frying eggs to order. Various cooked meats available to replace bacon. There was also a range of cereals, bread and a European breakfast. As I said a standard buffet breakfast served in most hotels in Egypt.
There is also a quite extensive room service menu.
The staff were friendly and efficient, but do a degree that the job requires and nothing more.
The only slight complaint I would have is the outside bar, which is fine, but I also like an inside air conditioned bar, particularly when it is windy, as it was for two days of my time there.
I wouldn't say don't stay there, but neither would I stay do stay there. There is nothing remarkable about the Arena, but it serves its purpose and as my title says. Its adequate

Room Tip: Ask for a room with balcony not all of the rooms has one.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tonyq226
vlusci, General Manager at Arena Inn, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Dear Mr. Tony,

It was nice to hear from you and I would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at our hotel online. All our guests' comments are taken very seriously and used as a tool to keep or improve our customer service when needed. It seems we were able to meet your expectations, which is positive and we stay at your entire disposal should you have any other question, recommendation, etc.

Looking forward to your next visit, I thank you once again and remain,

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

This was one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in....I will only focus about the worst 3 aspects....

1- receptionist: just to give u a flavor, the guy made us pay for the full stay beforehand...when we told him why dont u just put a hold on the credit card and then take the full pay once we checkout (like any hotel in the world) , his reply was that they owe booking 3000 usd and they need to pay asap so they need to quickly collect funds from the guests!!!

2- breakfast: the poorest breakfast buffet I have ever seen....it includes minimal salty food, the pastries are terrible and have been there for ages (definitely not fresh) ...the omelette guy was the only pleasant thing...I am impressed of that given all manager replies to all ppl who said menu was terrible was that ppl are generally satisified (which is practically impossible as we were all ppl with the same problem)

3- a/c: horrible noise across all our 6 rooms (althu before going I read in a manager reply that they fixed the issue in most rooms, I dont get how by coincidence all 6 rooms were not part of the fix)

In summay....Dont think of booking there...gouna has 15 other hotels many of which r at same price range and offer significantly better value for money

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank ramyebeid
vlusci, General Manager at Arena Inn, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Mr. Ramy,

I first of all would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at our hotel online. All your comments are of a high value to us, as we consider them a very important tool to maintain or improve our customer service whenever it is needed. We obviously were not able to meet your expectations and I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused from our side. After having investigated the issue with my team, I am glad to provide you hereafter with my feedback:

As per our policy, we have to request full payment in advance for any new guest checking in. Considering you did choose the “booking.com” online option, allowing to book with a simple credit card print as a guarantee, the receptionist only followed the procedure by requesting the settlement of your stay. I am really sorry for having hurt your sensitivity in this regard.

Concerning the breakfast buffet, I am sorry that you did not like it. Most of our regular guests are happy with it. We offer cold cuts, variety of cheeses, eggs, jam, butter, different kind of breads, danish, sausages, potatoes, salads, beans, yogurt and muesli, French toasts, cereals, milk, juices, pancakes and crepes, etc. as per international standards.

70% of the A/C has been replaced, as we mentioned before; the rest will be done this year.

Once again I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us and truly hope you will give us the chance to welcome you again in our hotel.

Kind regards

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We've booked for that trip 10 days before, paid full amount, BB.

And though we stated in our booking e-mail that this trip is for our anniversary, in return, we found NOTHING different in the hospitality, I believe they didn't even notice that phrase in the e-mail.

The check-in was smooth, the room was okay..except for the air conditioner that was hilariously drumming an exceptional noise rhyme!

Leaving a cat with her kittens to live just amoung the guests is okay for those kind-hearted, but to see it drinking from the pool and take it just easy was not okay for us!

The breakfast was average, i mean all items that maybe served in any hotel are available. Milk was horrible (WATER with some milk). The chef making the omelettes was nice.

We went to zeytouna island, (A beach Arena inn is having a deal with to welcome guests with no charge), it was very nice, people where helpful, sea is clear.

The hotel is located in the downtown where u r next to everything and u can have a very nice walk and enjoy el Gouna fabulous nightlife.

We once had dinner at the hotel, it was the worst experience we've ever had!!! We paid A LOT for NOTHING. They only served 1 kind of each (Chicken, meat and fish) and that's not only the point..the problem is that it tasted horrible!! Even the salad was not fresh! We barely ate that night..

We had dinner at "Tamr henna" once and at "White elephant" as well..both were just WOW! Highly recommended!

Savage mosquitoes are every where, Off (Johnson's and Johnson's) will be very useful.

Proved to be a real 3 stars hotel..and certainly they can be better with some few tips!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Mrs. Rita,

I first of all would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at our hotel on Trip Advisor. All your comments are of a high value to us, as we consider them a very useful tool to constantly analyze our customer service. Immediate and corrective action is usually taken when it is necessary.

It seems we were not 100% able to meet your expectations and I apologize for any inconvenience caused from our side. After having investigating your concerns, please find hereafter our feedback:

Concerning the A/C, I am pleased to inform you that we already renewed 70% of it and the rest will be done this year. In this regard, it would have been highly appreciated if you could have informed us on the spot so we could have fixed it at your convenience.

Our regular guests are usually very happy with our breakfast buffet, which is offering a huge variety of items to satisfy any taste and need. We do not mix water with milk, as this is not at all our standard, especially that milk is put in a specific stainless steel container to comply with the hygiene regulations.

I am sorry to read that you disliked our menu, at the same time, note that we are offering a 2 weeks menu cycle for more variety. The buffet formula allows our guests to have a complete menu going from the starters, salads, soups, main dishes to fruits and desserts, without quantity limitation. However note that we are going to do our best to review the items and study their cost to ensure our guests' satisfaction at the best price.

Should you have any other question, please feel free to contact us at any time. I do hope to be able welcoming you soon again in our hotel and remain in the meantime,

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

My family stayed for 3 nights, during easter holidays,

Room: Old furniture and paint, leaking mosquitos from the door and window

Food: Below average and overpriced beverages on the Piscine Bar

Customer Service: Average, despite they would like to help when challenged.

No go especially for a family with Kids

Stayed April 2014
Dear Mr. Mohamed,

I first of all would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at our hotel online. All your comments are of a high value to us, as we consider them a very useful tool to constantly analyze our customer service. Immediate and corrective action is usually taken when it is necessary.

It seems we were not 100% able to meet your expectations and I apologize for any inconvenience caused from our side. After having investigated your concerns, please find hereafter our feedback:

Concerning the mosquitos, please be informed that our pest control company is spraying the properties all over El Gouna 2 times per day, as discussed during our personal meeting in the hotel.

Our regular guests are usually very happy with our food offer but I am sorry to read that you disliked our menu. At the same time, note that we are offering a 2 weeks menu cycle for more variety. The buffet formula allows our guests to have a complete menu going from the starters, salads, soups, main dishes to fruits and desserts, without quantity limitation. However note that we are going to do our best to review the items and study their cost to ensure our guests' satisfaction at the best price.

As for our customer service, I would like to inform you that our Guests' Satisfaction Analysis indicates a very high score in term of quality of service.

denmark
Reviewed 22 April 2014

It s a great place to stay. Quiet and relaxing place and friendly staff. The rooms was nice and clean.It s not the last visit for me and my family..we will come back again.The hotel is in downtown and near to all.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice comment. All your remarks are of a high value to us, as we consider them a very useful tool to keep or improve or customer service whenever it is necessary. It is good to read that you have enjoyed your holiday with us and it seems we were able to meet your expectations. Should you have any other question, please feel free to contact us at any time and we do hope to see you soon again in our hotel.

All the best to you
Best regards

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 20 April 2014

The hot was clean, having helpful staff , nice place, warm hospitality , clean nice big pool,
v delicious food and excellent experienced chefs
I was there full board in last Feb. and this hotel is really WOOOW

Room Tip: Choose a pool View
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at our hotel online. Your opinion is very important and each comment is taken very seriously. It seems we were able to meet your expectations, which is very nice to read. We stay at your entire disposal for any other question you may have and look forward to welcoming you soon again in Arena Inn.

We thank you for your trust and wish you all the best.

Warm regards from sunny El Gouna