“Fab Chilled Holiday”

Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in El Gouna
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Fab Chilled Holiday”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Have just returned from a very chilled hot week in Panarama. My only disappointment was I thought we had booked to stay in a bungalow, but had been given a room.

The staff at this resort also made my holiday. Every morning Sammy reserved my sun lounger for
me, and Mohammad who runs the pool bar, never let my glass get empty. All staff were extremely friendly.

The dining lounge is in need for a good lick of paint, and the food although extremely good does get competitive. They have just started to use the restaurant on the lagoon for lunch time, and the setting is fab.

Downtown is just a 5 minute walk where you will find bars and restaurants for a change. The lovely part about this town, is you do not get any hassle from the shop keepers like you do in Sharm and Hurgarda which for me was a big thing.

I cant wait to book this place again !!!

Room Tip: Best rooms are on the Lagoon
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Debbie C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Epsom, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I have just left a little part of my heart in Panorama. My son and I stayed there for 10 days and this was our first trip to Egypt. We arrived to find ourselves with our own little bungalow on the lagoon, a balcony over the water with steps down so you could swim over to the beach if you fancied. The rooms are homely, beds in the twin room were larger than I expected, and the facilities in the room equal to anywhere else I have been. The room size was much bigger than other places I have stayed for much more money.

The hotel grounds are beautiful, well tended garden areas, a lovely pool area, and small beach, with access to a further beach on the other side of the lagoon. Some areas are in the process of renovation, but that didn't disturb our stay at all.

The food is basic, and at times repetitive, but this is true of any all inclusive hotel at such great value. There is a fresh pasta station where the sauce is made to your choice, and an omlette/pancake station at breakfast. This is great for if you fancy something different. We went out each day to the local cable park, and the hotel had a lunch bag waiting for us every morning as soon as they realised we didn't come back at lunch time, something I really hadn't expected and a lovely touch. The restaurants in the marina area are great and after saving so much on booking the hotel we were happy to have a couple of nights exploring the local restaurants too.

The staff are what make this hotel, so attentive and so friendly. Other reviewers who have suggested otherwise perhaps should take the time to get to know the staff as there is no way anyone we met was absent or unhelpful. Every staff member we met went out of their way to make our holiday special. Just ask if you need something and they will always do their best to accommodate you. Simple things like a lake check out of our room free of charge was offered without us even asking. We felt safe the whole stay in El Gouna, which as a female single parent doesn't always happen in other places.

El Gouna is a fantastic town, sure there may be more luxurious hotels but if you want a hotel with a real soul, that far exceeds what you would expect for the pricing Panorama is the place to be.

Room Tip: Go for a bungalow, introduce yourself to each of the staff they will make your holiday magical.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
11 Thank 0Heather_UK
Southwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We returned to panorama bungalows in February 2014 after out last stay in November 2013. We were a little anxious about returning to relive what was the best holiday we ever had. We needed had worried. The welcome we got made us feel like royalty. The staff came running to see us and remembered us so well.
We were given the same beautiful beach bungalow that we had stayed in last time and in the room was a lovely welcome back letter from the manager and a gorgeous bouquet of fruit.
The staff could not do enough to help and are always ready with a smile.
The hotel has really looked at its negative comments that some travellers had given them and have done their best to rectify these and Improvements are still ongoing.
All in all another fabulous holiday and felt even sadder this time to leave what we feel is our extended family. Hope to return later in the year, finances permitting.

Room Tip: Pay the little extra for a beach bungalow.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Luckylocky2103
UK
Reviewed 16 February 2014

This is quite possibly one of the worst hotels I have stayed in. Yes, the pictures look idyllic, but the hotel is very poor. I was planning to stay at this hotel for one week, but after two nights I have quickly changed my plans. The staff are mainly polite, but they are slow with service and are sometimes absent. The hotel rooms are basic and the beds are uncomfortable - you may need a massage afterwards. The communal areas are in need of renovation and need cleaning more often. The food served in the restaurant is the same every meal. I only ate in the restaurant twice, but I wish I hadn't given it a second chance.
The only positive about this hotel is that the location is ideal for visits into Tamr Hassan/Downtown, but this is all. I am thoroughly disappointed.

• Stayed February 2014
5 Thank Chachapuma
panoramaelgouna, Manager at Panorama Bungalows Resort El Gouna, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear esteemed guests and visitors,

Best greetings from Panorama Bungalows Resort El Gouna

With a full respect we accept any kind of reviews even the negatives but we would like to inform you that this review is unfair and unaccepted from our side as it shows a kind of exaggeration and is a vindictive review as it is the second review for the same room of two nights stay only

It is the guest opinion to say (Do not enter) , sorry for not meeting your expectations and thank you for describing our employees with politeness but they are available for your service and are not absent

Regarding the room it was a newly renovated and refurbished bungalow by the lagoon(most recommended), regarding the food we offer a selection of food every day with different variety and an accepted level of quality

Actually we renovated a lot and still some renovation to do

It is not fair to evaluate a hotel in one day and if you need any help or assistance during your stay you can contact the management or the travel agent in order to help you, we will do the utmost to correct any negatives

The whole team is available to make your holiday enjoyable and for sure we offer the maximum to our valued guests to make them feel satisfied

We do a lot of improvements at this time to meet our guests expectations and we will be so pleased to see you all at our hotel

Best regards
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Looks very nice on the pictures,,, the camera does LIE!!!!!BUT if you want a dirty room rubbish food non helpful staff go right ahead and book ya worst holiday ever,,,,, we cancelled after two night my wife and I couldn't accept it any longer and the hotel charged me £250 to cancel plus and extra money to book into the Three Corners and let me tell you for the little extra money BOOK THE THREE CORNERS IN THE SAME RESORT IT WAS BRILLIANT. Thank you Three Corners for making our Xmas/ new year break GREAT after leaving the rubbish dump we stayed for two nights.

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank Lynda L
Dear esteemed guests and visitors,

Best greetings from Panorama Bungalows Resort El Gouna

With a full respect we accept any kind of reviews even the negatives but we would like to inform you that this review is unfair and unaccepted from our side as it shows a lot of exaggeration and is a vindictive review

It is the guest opinion to say (Do not do it) but it is a kind of expectations they did not find as they got a newly renovated and refurbished bungalow by the lagoon(most recommended), regarding the food we offer a selection of food every day with different variety and an accepted level of quality, regarding the cleanliness the hotel is clean, regarding the staff the reviews everywhere show that the friendly staff is one of the most recommended by the hotel guests

We do a lot of improvements at this time to meet our guests expectations

Best regards
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

The first holiday abroad for both of us in over 7 years and I have to say, it didn't disappoint!! As already mentioned numerous times in reviews the main building needs an overall but what it lacks in in decor, the staff made up for in service. It's literally like one big happy family (as cheesy as that may sound) They are hardworking, friendly and couldn't make any more of an effort to make your stay enjoyable and special particularly Mohammed, Bahaa, Ali and Ezzat. The food is good, repetitive but nothing at all wrong with it, the pool was freezing cold (it is winter in Dec and it wasn't heated) but a very pretty setting with a good jacuzzi and beach bar. Zeytona Beach was a great alternative with a fab boat service on the hour, every hour and the Lagoon Bungalows that we stayed in were just fab. Getting up every morning and sliding the door open onto a great view across the lagoon was just lovely. ElGouna is definitely a hidden gem in Egypt and one that we will be returning too and recommending to anyone thinking of visiting Egypt. We met some lovely people at Panorama who pretty much felt the same as us, (if not right away but after a few days of great service from the staff and looking beyond what needs repairing or replacing in the main building, which is gradually getting done) thought that they would return to this hotel.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Sashlou40
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Stayed December 2013. We had a great time at Panorama El Gouna, the location right on the water is super with a 5 minute walk or 5 Egytian pound Tut Tut ride. (Flat rate of 5 Egyptian anywhere in El Gouna) We stayed in a lagoon view bungalow, it was super waking up and drinking coffee on the veranda perched on stilts over the water. This is the main reason we booked this hotel. The boat to the beach goes punctually across the lagoon and back on the hour from 9am until 5pm/6pm. Great atmosphere; relaxing but not boring, people are friendly. You find yourself chatting with lots of different nationalities. The AI deal is available at the beach bar serving a light set lunch each day. There is a Kite surfing centre and massage, pedicure/manicure centre 2 mins walk along the beach. The town is a short walk across the bridge.
We spent every day at the beach and did not spend any time by the pool at the hotel so I cannot comment on what that is like during the day? We had breakfast each day which was plentiful and dinner a couple of times. The food was 'OK' but I am quite fussy and a real foodie, others may have a different opinion. However, the Gala Christmas banquet was Fantastic!! They pulled out all the stops and created a special atmosphere. All the staff were called in to work. meet & greet and make a fuss of everyone. 10/10!
The staff are the pride and joy of this hotel, they work hard are sociable, friendly and fun and certainly earn their tips.
I totally agree the reception and bar area really do need sprucing up. As some else said even a few exotic palms in the lobby would make a difference. Neither of us had a stomach bug and we didn't hear of anyone else having trouble either.
Take a taxi from the airport instead of a 'round the houses' resort hoppa type minibus transfer as we did upon arrival. It took 1.5 hours via Hurghada. A return taxi costs 30 Egyptian pounds per car and takes about 25/30 minutes.
I would recommend staying here as long as you do not expect UK 4* Standard accommodation. We have already booked to go back in March in the hope of having better windy weather for my husbands Kite Surfing. I can't wait!

Room Tip: My top tip is: If you feel something is not right, don't put up with it, tell the staff and they...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dawar El Omda
#10 of 18 in El Gouna
Movenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna
Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna

Been to Panorama Bungalows Resort El Gouna? Share your experiences!