“Relax”

Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in El Gouna
Staffordshire
“Relax”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here 4-18 July. We had a lovely time. We had a bungelow with steps into the lagoon and well worth booking.

As previously stated the staff are wonderful, the lovely pool man, the bar staff, the smiling waiters, the cleaners and the ever helpful reception staff, the staff couldn't be better.

The jewellery shop has some lovely items and such a lovely man there too.

I would say some areas are tired but renovation work is taking place,but everywhere is clean.

The food was fine, we felt is was the usual all inclusive and we always made a nice meal.

The position to Downtown is ideal only a 5 min walk to restaurants and bars. Then just a short tuk tuk ride ( a must) to the marina should you wish to venture out. The hotel has a bus to the marina every Friday night when there is street entertainment and worth a visit.

If you want a relaxing holiday this is the place. I'm sure we will return.

Room Tip: Bungalow are well worth it
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Dusty1Staffordshire

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Birmingham
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I recently stayed here with my daughter and had a pretty perfect holiday. We stayed in one of the bungalows and I'm so glad we did. To be able to swim as the sun rises was amazing.
The food was good for the most part but it's the lovely grounds, the location and the staff that make this a great place to stay. It's not too big which gives it it's sense of peace.
If you want some nightlife then you will need to visit Downtown which is a lovely 10 minute stroll. I recommend the Irish bar for cocktails. There's a couple of clubs for those that want it.
We had international night during our stay which the staff worked so hard to make special and it was. We met some lovely people and I would love to go back.

• Stayed July 2014
6 Thank Kaysea4
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed at Panorama 3rd/13th June 2014

Hotel:

On arrival entered the hotel foyer and was disappointed as this was clearly not a 5 star hotel, was taken to our room bungalow 503 and could not see much as it was dark, the room was large and clean although could do with a little updating. Woke in the morning to look out onto such a beautiful lagoon, steps down and you could swim in it.

The hotel's grounds are so beautiful and well kept. Met a couple, who showed us their 2 bed room in the new block and it was extremely big and very well decorated. Bahaa (pool bar) kept our drinks topped up and worked hard around the pool. The pool was well maintained and the pool staff were friendly. The rooms were cleaned every day and new towels.
You could get the boat (supplied by the hotel) over to the beach, people had told us it wasn't nice so at first we were not going to go but decided to pop over, so glad i did, it was lovely got a great colour there. The food on the bar was not opened but they supplied rolls and cheese and obviously drinks, but this was being rectified, but did not falter the experience.
Just don't listen to some of the English i don't know what they expect, you are in another country with a different culture, if you want pizza and chips there are many places in England to visit, and how people moaned about the most stupid of things its beyond me. I am extremely well travelled and only stay in 5 stars, although this was not a 5 star, it was beyond doubt a lovely place to stay, the staff i must say made it for us, we had the most amazing holiday and relaxed something we do not get to do. The weather is always hot, the people are amazing and the grounds superb, oh must add the beds are so comfortable and the air conditioning worked well, we left it on all night and there was no charge for this.

The shops on site are a little expensive but there is a leather shop and the guy who worked there sam, was very obliging and went out of his way to get me what i wanted and a very reduced price.

Location:

Downtown is a 5 minute walk if that and has many bars and restaurants and there is a restaurant just at the beginning of the town from Panarama called Puddleduck which is really worth a visit, it is owned by an english lady who could not be more accommodating.

The Marina is a must visit, it is gorgeous, there are amazing restaurants, bars, if you stand outside the hotel or start to walk to the right as you come out of the hotel a tuk tuk will pick you up for 10 pounds (£1 english) and take you to the marina which is not far, i lit a cigarette when i got into the tuk tuk and had not finished it by the time we arrived at the marina, there are always available to take you back to the hotel, no taxi needed. The shops at the marina are lovely albeit expensive, but it is an expensive area some of the boats being worth 20 million i was told.

Food:

I am a vegetarian and extremely fussy and i had no problem at all with the food. The soups are lovely. There was a good choice, cooked omelettes in the morning, lunch was salads, rice, chicken, and other turkish food, but it was very nice, some complained about the food but i could not understand why especially as said i am so very fussy (verging on Vegan), my friend whom i travelled with was a meat eater and she loved the food.

Staff:

The staff, i cannot say how wonderful they were, they catered to our every need, would like to thank Mohammed, Bahaa, Ash, Alam (upstairs bar) and sam who was always smiling. Mohammed always had my juice waiting for me for breakfast and he was such a lovely man. The staff make this holiday, also Jimmy who was the entertainment and joined in with the water polo. There were a family of russians who i must say from previous experiences found the russians to be very rude, this family joined in with us and were extremely polite and nice.

Spa

The spa was being built as we were there and had a look around, it was very beautiful and no expense has been spared in building this. The massage staff were amazing and had 5 lovely massages, and would like to thank Ibraham and the others, who were fantastic masseurs but also a great laugh. The Egyptian people are such amazing people who cannot do enough for you, we had a real laugh around the pool with some and when we left the children came around the pool with sweets and arm friendship bands for all around the pool, was so lovely.

My advice is just take a look for yourself, if we had listened to the moaning brits who complained about the most stupid of things (I'm British) but i must say most could not fault the grounds. There were a few niggles, but honestly nothing worth mentioning and if you did mention anything the staff immediately attended to it.

Its a lovely resort, lovely location, food nice, people fantastic, staff even more. I would highly recommend this resort if you want a relaxing time with classy nightlife, there were no nightclubs that we saw but then did not go away for this, enough bars, and restaurant bars that were around.

I would say this is more for adults than for children, i am going away with my daughter (13) and would have liked to have come back but she would have been bored.

Note to Panorama: if you want this to be a family hotel also, more is needed to do for the children, i.e. water slides and games, although there was a pool table upstairs bar.

The jewellers on site is very reasonable and the gentleman who runs it is also very nice and accommodating.

I could not fault this holiday thank you Panorama will definitely be back in the future and i do not like to visit the same place twice but will make this a exception.

I hope this review helps and i do not normally leave reviews but felt i really had to on this occasion.

Room Tip: The bungalows are great stayed in 503.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
19 Thank susan s
Egypt
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I have stayed recently at Panorama Bungalows El Gouna in one of the lake Bungalows and enjoyed it very much. Staff attitude was a big star in the hotel specially in the restaurant and the Houseman who served our room.

being four stars all inclusive hotel, I was realy worry about FOOD specially having two kids, however my worries gone with my first day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) Food variety and taste.

Regardless the hotel and the bungalows needs lots of necessary maintantance, but we did not face any major problem during our two nights stay.

Room Tip: Beach Bungalows
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Abdel Wahab S
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We spend 10 days at this hotel and we really loved our stay, the service is really good and all the people works to the hotel are very friendly. The rooms are big and clear, many swimming pools. The only thing we dislike it is the food quality as we expected it to be better. however we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank mrpaul a
Manchester
Reviewed 11 July 2014

What A lovely place with beautiful bungalows most of them anyway. Staff were great 110% from them nothing too much Sam,Mohammed work so hard as do most of them.
You really need to sort your food out alot of people were ill while there Inc my partner. No variety same for dinner as left over from lunch same food nearly every day . All inclusive means day time snacks but nothing but a little cake that the birds peck at.
Entertainment consist of water polo and one show per week nothing for children even though many there also gym was mentioned in write up but not one there unless food changed I won't be back as I'm sure neither will many more
Lorraine & ged Manchester

• Stayed July 2014
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 11 days arrived late at night and we was offered an open buffet food which was nice,staff were very pleasant and friendly some could speak better english then others.

Bad points.
I paid for a double room with sea/lagoon view we got two single beds with no view, this was soon rectified and was put in the kingsize bedroom lounge with a lagoon view.
Food was pretty much as you would expect. Wasnt so much ill but had a funny belly and my toilet visits where more frequent but didnt have the runs.

Shops and Spa staff hassled you too much we had 3 massages which we was told where different programs they was the same massage everytime last massage was the best with a fresh coconut scrub with sauna and jacuzzi also a face mask!.

Shop prices are sky high go to downtown so much cheaper.

We was offered Orange Juice in the morning which we took to then later find out it wasnt included in the all inclusive and had to pay extra

Rooms where cleaned everyday with plenty of loo roll and fresh towels and funky animals made on the bed :)

Pool staff were really nice and friendly reserving the same sunbed everyday for us.

The main staircase down to the pool I found very dangerous and slippy due to this been marble only due to 5 days into the holiday I fell down them and really hurt my back, plenty of staff walked past as I was crying and in pain but didnt ask or help. After this happend the pool staff asked everyday how i was which i appreciated I didnt complain but made my feeling known to the manager but nothing was done to make my stay more pleasant!- came home on Wednesday to find I have broken my tail bone and off work for 6 weeks!

All in all I would say it is a couples or friends holiday nothing much for children pool games and music during the day and few times they had belly dancers on an evening- free bus to the marina on a friday and loads of stuff to do on a night in downtown. Restaurants in downtown are lovely last 4 days we ate out at JoBos which was ace we spent our last afternoon there staff are lovely :)

We didnt fly untill 9.30pm and we had to check out for 12 noon and wasn't getting picked up till 5pm you can pay etc to keep the room but we met some people who didnt leave till a few days after so we kept our stuff and showered in there room. You also received a 50 euro voucher for your next trip if you returned within 2 years.

I had a pleasant holiday the weather and company made the last few days worth while.

Improvement on safety and tiding the small areas you shouldnt see but you do need to be made and more lightning on an evening!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dawar El Omda
#11 of 18 in El Gouna
Movenpick Resort & Spa El Gouna
Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna

Been to Panorama Bungalows Resort El Gouna? Share your experiences!