“Good Hotel and V.Good service.”

Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Resort Hurghada
Ranked #61 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
“Good Hotel and V.Good service.”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

After a Four days trip from the 30th of July 2014 till the 2nd of August 2014.
In this time we enjoyed with the good meeting from all the employee in the hotel like MR\ Ossama the receptionist.
the restaurant was good, the food was delicious and we want to great the Chef\ Mohamed AbdEl Samad.
The rooms was good and clean and the staying in the room was very good.
special Great for Mrs\ Heba Foad -Sales representative.
And Great for all the employees in the hotel and we will make another reservation soon.

Hassan Abd ElMoniem Faris -lawyer

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mohamed H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I would really like to thank all the staff there, they are really helpful, especially Mr. Amr (the reservation manager) and Mr. Hossam, the front desk manager.

I stayed in suite 319. My reservation was a double room all inclusive, but when I arrived they upgraded our room to suite 319 and decorated like a honeymooner is staying :D Actually that was my anniversary which I told them about. The sea view is really amazing, the food is well done. Totally I enjoyed and it is highly recommended

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a short 4-day trip. The hotel's landscape is spacious, serene and amazing, and the animation team were awesome. However, the front desk service was way below par! During check-in, I asked for 2 quiet rooms garden view, the officer (unfortunately didn't pick the person's name) opted to give us one of the rooms with a security door view! I asked the same front desk officer if it was possible to extend for a couple of days. He stated that it was impossible, and even claimed the hotel was overbooked for the next couple of weeks. To verify, I intentionally asked someone else who confirmed that there are available rooms, with a better garden view than the ones we're staying at right now!

It's quite a pity how staff are not trained to provide the right service to customers! Service excellence should be part of a mission to promote the hotels industry; if it is not properly communicated to staff, they're bound to put you out of business.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Shirin A
badramani, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Resort Hurghada, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Shirin A,

Thank you for your review , we are happy you liked the entertainment and the landscape , as for the garden view rooms , some of them have view to security gate through the garden which is still garden view rooms and due to the hotel being overbooked at that time we could not accept any amendment . We hope that the misunderstanding of the occupancy issue is clear and please allow us a second visit , we promise you a better experience
Chester-le-Street, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Very few positives about our week long stay there. The only ones being the excellent size of the 1 bedroom apartments and the service at the Lobby bar and from the odd staff member.

The food in the main restaurant is virtually inedible, The Italian restaurant has given me food poisoning since I went in there - the service there was also shambolic unless you happened to have tipped handsomely on a previous visit.

The very worst aspect was the two guys who ran the pool bar. They made a succession of lewd comments to any female who happened to approach - an absolute disgrace.

I complained to the manager about the Italian and was promised a special dinner the following day but it never happened.

Simply don't go there!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank VincentWindle
badramani, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Sonesta Pharaoh Beach Resort Hurghada, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear VincentWindle

Thank you for your review , I am sorry if you did not enjoy your vacation , I contacted the manager regarding the Italian restaurant complaint and he mentioned he did not get any complaints and by checking on the system we did not find your booking either , so I appreciate if you can send us more details about your reservation in July so I can investigate the matter because every complaint or review really matters to us . Be sure that your comment is very important to us and will do our best to keep satisfied
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

My chalet no# 565 with sea view. Thanks for the friendly front office manager and his staff stating from warm welcome and for support in any request i need. The food and baverge are good and tasty also the staff are very friendly and always smile.Housekeeping are helpfull make my room fabulous . The club car man he called (aref) is very friendly and always smile.overall the pool and the hotel is perfect and i can said its an amazing vacation .sure Ill recomended to my friends.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mohamed H
Dear Mohamed,

Thank you for this lovely review we are happy you liked our hotel and that we contributed in making your vacation a memorable one , we are sending you warm wishes from all our team in Hurghada , hoping to welcome you back again soon
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

The first thing that springs to mind when mentioning sonesta is the animation team! The main reason the hotel has such amazing reviews is because of the animation team they are the best entertainers and dancers I have ever seen! Karim, essam, sheeko and Ismail!!!!!!!!! I can only say the best things about these guys so friendly, helpful, funny, kind and professional and they make your holiday a memorable one! I will definitely be returning because of them!

The animation make many activities during the day like aqua gym, stretching, shooting, volleyball and dancing plus many more! This is such a good thing it makes time pass so fast and there is always something to do! In the evenings the team prepare the most amazing dance shows every day a different one! It's so much fun to watch! They are very talented! After the show there is a disco, good music and dancing!

The rooms are very clean! The service is great, good food with new dishes daily!

Overall all I can say is the hotel is amazing beach is short walk away and those who don't like walking can be driven to the beach in little cart which is also fun!

This hotel is for all ages! There is something for everyone to do!
Looking forward to next visit!
And once again animation team is what makes this hotel special!

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Draga B,

Thank you for this lovely review , we are happy you enjoyed your stay and had fun with our entertainment team , I will make sure to pass on your lovely comments to the team , I am sure they will be delighted . We hope to have you as a regular guest and see you soon
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Ismail, karim , shicko , cola, Anna ,evgeniya, masha ,every body I didn't mention I forgot the names but are all special not only professional dancers but also wonderful entertainers, who didn't happen in any hotel I have ever seen
Friendly, careful ,hospitable , helpful with a continuous smile , know how to occupy any nationality with any language also kids and adults .
Simply each member of our family had his own trip and was very special to them
They really deserve an extra star

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Mageddddddddd
Dear Maged

Thank you for this lovely review , we are happy we are getting very positive reviews about our entertainment team , they really contribute in making the vacation a memorable one . We hope to see you soon again for more fun at our resort