“"Shocking"”

Ranked #27 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Beverley, United Kingdom
“"Shocking"”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

We spent one week 17-24 July for what was suppose to be a relaxing Holiday but turned out to be horrendous. The first night booking in took 1 1/2 hours to get our room, only to find there was no bed for my Son even though we had clearly booked for 3 persons. We were just given our room key with no explanation of where it was or the hotel set up.

At 02:30hrs someone knocked on our door several times then used a key card to open the door, so I got up and went to the door only to be met by a cleaner/waiter with a plate of rolls saying do I want one they are FREE!! My Wife didn't feel safe in the room after that.

The hotel was 3/4 full of rude obnoxious Egyptians who were a rule to themselves and had all the staff bowing down to their every needs, because of this we felt like second class citizens.

During the week 2 big fights erupted within the Buffett restaurant between two Egyptian family's 30-40 people fighting men & women, during the first a toddler was dropped to the floor, again my wife now didn't feel safe in the restaurant. We also witnessed An Egyptian man repeatedly hit his Wife. The kids were riding around the restaurant on scooters and nothing was said.

When you complain to the Thomas Cook Rep (who is Egyptian), he just says it's all ok they just had a fight they just do this and all will be ok!!!

The hotel it self is lovely as you would expect as it's only 6 months old, but we clearly booked at the wrong time. To top it all off my wife & I both had D&V. I've been to Egypt 3 times prior to this but this has put me off never to return!

Stayed June 2014
8 Thank Jim C
Dieter G, General Manager at Steigenberger Aqua Magic, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing the time to post your personal holiday impressions on Tripadvisor. We would like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. We are extremely committed to delivering the perfect holiday experience for each and every guest in our hotel and we regret that we have not been able to succeed in fulfilling your expectations.

Further to this we wish to seize the opportunity to sincerely apologize for the delay which you faced upon check-in our property. We will certainly take corrective measures in all your below mentioned points in order to offer the best possible service in the future.

Kindly note that we welcome guests from various countries and we are thankful for each guest who chooses our property for his or her vacation in Egypt. We are unfortunately unable to guarantee a proper and respectful behavior of all of our guests. We are sorry that you witnessed a rather rude behavior from certain guests. The vast majority of guests that come to spend the holiday with us behave very decent and are extremely friendly towards other guests and team members. However, there are unfortunately some exceptions who can create a very wrong impression of certain nationalities by misbehaving according to your below observations.

On behalf of the hotel management we wish to apologize once again for the inconvenience which you encountered during your precious holiday time.

It was a delight to read that you mentioned that apart from this we have a lovely hotel.
We sincerely hope that you and your family will give us a second chance in the not too distant future in order to make up for your experience.

Until then we remain with kind regards from Hurghada

Dieter Geiger
Steigenberger Aqua Magic

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed from 10th June for 2 weeks - what a fabulous holiday.
Arrived at hotel approx. 23.00 not expecting to have food due to late hour but the staff had laid food on for us which was a pleasant & unexpected surprise.
When we checked in we were told we had been upgraded to a junior suite (room 6115) - all I can say is WOW!!! The room was superb & overlooked one of the pools & lazy river. The safe in our room was really good too as you set your own combination so for those of you who are security conscious this is a great advantage. We had clean towels every day & our housekeeper was great. The minibar was topped up daily as required.
The beach is a short leisurely 5 min stroll but there is a free buggy service for those not wishing to walk. The staff at the beach are very helpful & polite & the lunchtime burgers & pizzas are delicious.
The adult only roof top pool is worth a visit - it's so peaceful & the staff at the bar are happy to assist.
Anyone with children cannot avoid the water slides. The pirate ship looked amazing & great fun - we wished we had kids with us cos we wanted to go on pirate ship - I even thought about offering to "babysit kids" to have a go!!!
There is plenty for kids to do with the kids & teens clubs.
We spent most of our holiday by the lazy river & the breeze bar & have to say a massive thank you to Adam & Khalid - they looked after us & kept our drinks flowing. Nothing was too much trouble for these guys.
There was always a good variety of food which is good - my husband is a very fussy eater but he found something to eat every day. Our waiter in the restaurant was Sayed Fahty & again he couldn't do enough for us.
Our Thomas Cook rep Mohammed was always at the hotel at his stated times & very helpful.
I could go on forever saying how great this hotel & staff are but recommend you go & experience it for yourselves & if you do look out for Adam, Khalid & Sayed - thank you guys for a great holiday

Room Tip: Recommend room 6115
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank OxfordBlue2014
Powys
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Arrived home early this morning after having the most amazing week at Aqua Magic!
As others, we arrived late evening and were given bands and told to have a drink while the room was prepared! Ok didn't mind but can see where couples with children might have a problem with this. Escorted to our room, which had a king size bed and two singles in a separate room(we traveled as a couple) and an amazing bathroom. Rooms were cleaned and mini fridge was stocked daily. Not just bottled water, coke and other soft drinks. Also tea, coffee and sugar and a kettle. Bathroom had soap, shampoo and a vanity set containing ear buds and an emery board! Hair dryer too! Towels were changed daily and we were given cards for beach towels, which is always a bonus as you can save on weight in your luggage.
Food was brilliant and do use the roof top restaurant. It has the wow factor!
Staff were friendly and when I had checked out but forgotten to charge my ipad, reception were only too glad to do it for me.
Lazy river was the best and my only regret was that I didn't have children with me so I could go on the pirate ship! We were in room 6001 and used room 8226 as a courtesy room which wasn't as nice due to the bathroom being small. But perfectly acceptable. They were still building in parts, finishing off really and did not interrupt our holiday whatsoever.
The walk to the beach is through a small golf course and the beach bar serve beef burgers, hot dogs and pizza fresh hall day and is well worth a trip.
Beautiful hotel and the staff should be very proud of it. I would highly recommend the Aqua Magic

Room Tip: We had room 6001 which was quiet and near to every amenity
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank helenomo
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed here for a week jun 10th till 18th.....lovely weather,lovely friendly staff and lovely food :-)
Weather is great,and really hot hot hot!!! so if you love the sun,you'll love it here :-)
Lots to keep the kids busy if you have them with you......but you have to try the lazy river.....its ace!!! a must to keep cool anyway....i loved it,and had a laugh....

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Jeannine1473
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I took my children to this hotel amazing time with loads to do. Food was gorgeous with lots of choice, aqua park brilliant. Everywhere was kept very clean and maintenance of the hotel and grounds were constantly happening . garden areas are well maintained. The staff are brilliant spicialy Mr. Ramy reda night manager becouse of this gently man I will come with 6 rooms of my friends to stay in this hotel next week. Our pool lifeguard was amazing and so was our room guy. We stayed in room 2303and it was beautiful. definitely going back

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank elamirhanymobinil
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Its a very nice hotel and I spend four days.
The hotel is very clean and every single person gives his best to make this holiday the best you ever had especially thanks to Mr. Ramy night manager he is very helpful . The waiters are friendly and caring. The food is delicious and everybody can find something.
To sum up I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel and I´m sure that I will come back again.
See you soon !

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Mina S
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

First...Thanks to Mr Ramy Reda for his cooperation during check in as the reception stuff was not welcoming and rude and can not deal properly with customer...without him I might had left the hotel. ..

The good thing was the food even hotel was full but there were always many items for all taste during all times. ..

The hotel is perfect for kids as of aqua and pool games

The night show is also very good...

The bad thing is housekeeping not good at all. It s like 2 star hotel service.

The hotel has no green areas and landscapes. ..you feel that they build many buildings without proper design.

The hotel is not prepared when it's full where they have shortage and many times no cups for drink and no hot water for tea which was very disappointed.

One more bad thing is electricity goes down everyday during worldcup game and seems the engineering staff not able to connect generator properly to avoid such problems.

The hotel is not obliged to dress codes specially in swimming pool which was awful to find guests inside pool with cotton clothes and naked kids on beach.

The rooms seem new but not 5 stars where I got family room but had only one bathroom and no mirrors in both rooms and no locker for the toilet.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family