“Complete disaster”

Zahabia Hotel and Beach Resort
Ranked #116 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed 30 May 2011

The hotel is dirty and looks as if it hasn't been maintained for years. The bedsheets had brown stains on them and the equipment in the children's play area was broken. If you have young children - stay away from this hotel!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank lucindajane10

Reviewed 26 May 2011

very bad food , the restaurant staff looks dirty , and restaurant manager very rude ! , the beach fine also staff bad except beach guards they nicer ,I can say that this hotel was the worse hotel I have ever been in my entire life! The whole hotel was in a really bad shape. It seemed to me as if it has been abandoned twenty years ago and reopened again yesterday. Lift was broken, so we had to carry our suitcases two floors high, the whole hotel was very dirty, they had no clean towels...and I literary mean no towels!!!, there was dust everywhere in the dining room, which also looked extremely abandoned and dirty, the staf looked as if they would rather go to sleep than work. It was a complete disaster. Defenitely NOT worth the money we payed!!!

the one he called himself big boss very rude and want to sleep with me just like that! he sent some fruit and tart we asked the reception who send it , they said it's not on any list , later he called and say do i like it !! funny make affairs through oranges !!! stupid him ,
anyway very very bad hotel

Room Tip: all bad
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
8  Thank katty87
Reviewed 9 February 2011

stuffs are helpful and warm, nice snorkeling spot at its beach. room are average for 3 star hotel, housekeeping everyday with towels changing. there is another new and nice swimming pool new built. irritating souvenior sellers inside the hotel. hate it the most.
there is different nice animation every night in zahabia tent. breakfast repetitive and less choice. but dinner is average. location not far from town with silent night.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank happyman2011
Reviewed 26 January 2011

I booked this hotel because of the air ticket; it was cheaper to buy a last minute package tour than a ticket itself. I only made a check-in there in order to use the beach, but I didn't stay overnight.
I went to the restaurant right after check-in, but the food looked so unattractive that I could not eat anything except some bread despite of being very hungry.
When I came to my room to use the toilet/shower after the beach, I found two cleaners sitting at the bed and watching TV.
Well, the beach is really nice having two zones - sandy for families with kids and stairs for snorkelers. The coral reef is really amazing, I was lucky to see moray, octopus, eagle ray and many fish.
There was a lack of beach towels and beach boys were drying the used towels under the sun and offering them to the guests. Luckily I had my own.

Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank ZhuchOK
Reviewed 19 December 2010

resort , beautiful design ,nice garden ,clean healthy swimming pool,health club ,clean rooms,private sandy beach with lovely snorkling area and the staffs are freindly.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2010

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 3 days, thank God we spent the rest of our holiday elsewhere. When we arrived to our apartment it was a shock to see the dust all around the tables, shelves etc, not to mention the bathroom that was filthy, with stained mirror and dried urine stains all over toilet. That made me sick.
The receptionist said he is giving us a room with a king size bed for the two of us, but when we walked into the room, we saw two separate small beds. He also told us that the room had a safety box and although we had a manual for its use in the room, there was no safety box at all.
The part of the resort where we stayed in was being renovated at the time, so it was like a real construction site, filled with workers and dust all around.
The restaurant was awful. The food was always the same, tasting badly.
The hotel staff is a totally different story - they were quite rude. On our last day we had to check out from the hotel by 12 a.m. The day before we asked if we could pay extra for the daily use of the room because our flight was at 11 p.m. that evening, first the staff told us it could be done for the price of 125 egyptian pounds (approx 25 US dollars). When we came to set an arrangement the other day (our last day) they told us it could not be done. But then we reminded the receptionist that we already asked for that the day before and then he agreed to give us the room for 175 egyptian pounds (approx 35 US dollars). Then we told that his colleague asked for lower price, he agreed to give us the room for 130 egyptian pounds, but we were supposed to move to another smaller room
We checked out from our room at 12 a.m. when they told us to leave our luggage in front of it and that it would be carried to the another room three floors up. And so we did. But when we got back from the beach at 5 p.m. so we could get ready for the trip, our luggage was missing. Of course, the receptionist told us he would try to find our luggage, but half an hour later it was still missing. Finally, we found it standing in front of our old room, three floors down.
All in all I am happy to be at home and promised never ever to go there again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
9  Thank jovanajovana
Reviewed 19 September 2010

zahabia resort one of the best resorts i have visit , i advise every one to visit it and enjoy its fantasic beach, it is soo quite & clean ,also the staff is soo coopertive with all guests , rooms is soo beautiful with nice Furniture , by the way it is good resort deserves to visit it

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends