23 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$239
Trip.comUS$326
Orbitz.comUS$239
1,991 results
All reviews tagine german restaurant fish pool bar pool view animation team hotel shops beautiful holiday plenty of sunbeds scuba diving coral reef mini disco kids club amazing hotel senzo mall cleaned daily cleaned every day
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Hotel is extraordinarly clean, relentless mopping, wiping & sweeping which apeears to never end. Low level employees are polite & helpful. Food stations are immaculate & immediately food is spilt, it is rapidly cleaned away. Hotel is large & fairly impressive, HOWEVER, there is organised illegal activity in operation at this hotel. When we checked in, our safe would not close. We removed our high value items (Egyptian currency & jewellery) & went to reception to get a coffee & report the broken safe. We were told to return to our room & someone would call on us. Within 10 minutes we were visited by a staff member who started to work on the safe. In this short time, my partner & I quietly discussed the appropriate gratuity. When the "safe repair man" left, we placed our items back in the safe. When I next opened the safe to remove my sunglasses, they were gone. I then noticed my small jewellery box (costume) was also missing along with a small amount of sterling & a low value watch. We immediately went to front desk where the horror story unfolded. To cut this long story as short as possible, we demanded the electronic door entry print ( as we wanted to see who had been in our room in our absence) and after a good hour (& kept in the lobby) we were produced with a print, which did not correspond with our entries. Our entry to the room to let the "safe repair man" in had been deleted. This rang significant alarm bells & we started to interrogate the manager and the IT guy further. They could not explain the deleted entry. Much more developed and we requested the attendance of the Police. In an attempt to mollify us, the Manager agreed to come to the room & search it. All he did when we entered the room was ask us to open the safe, which we did. He then made a report of the contents (obviously minus the stolen items) We were then asked to attend the lobby again where we were kept waiting while many phone calls were made (in Arabic) & much rushing around seemed to be going on. We were then approached by 2 staff members asking for us to attend the room so they could search. We returned to the room, with the Manager, the safe was opened & my glasses & jewellery box was produced. The Manager looked astonished, I was furious & the assistant manager who "found" the items wore a smug expression. An argument followed as we had clearly been set up. We asked the Manager to produce his report of the safe contents, but he looked blankly at us as if to deny its existence. We again asked for the Police. The rep was called & no answers were provided as to who had replaced the glasses & jewellery box ( still no sign of the sterling or watch). We asked AGAIN for the Police, but we were told they would not be called. Wonder why. We were then told by the rep ( sorry rep...you were helpful but we owe you no loyalty) that the safe guy had probably stolen the items while we were deliberating a tip. He then divulged that no further action would be taken as he was connected to the hotel at a high level. We were informed that an investigation would take place, but the outcome would be covered up. Having seen the deleted prints of our entry into the room, we realised what we were up against & recorded the conversation on my phone although we are not sure what use it will be, given that we are back in the UK. The rep advised we would be moved from the room as the safe may be faulty and I expect he didn't want us to have to call them again. THERE WAS NO CHANCE OF THAT!! However, we were not moved.
Aside of the horrific racket going on here with theft, the hotel ran out of red wine on 4 occasions in 10 days, which is utterly unnacceptable for a 5 star establishment, the Internet card purchased for £55 for a week failed to work on many occasions and the hotel is over run with Russians who were ill mannered, rude, greedy people who were snatching 6 oranges at a time, bunches of bananas, arm full of apples and asking for 4 pizzas at once, all while the queue was building with a few civilised guests only wanting one, but having to wait while these greedy gannets cleared out the food.
There is a very small area for non smokers, ridiculously disproportionate to the size of the hotel, but as it is adjacent to the open area of smoking, it makes no difference as the smokes wafts in.

Laying round the pool is not a relaxing affair as we we're woken up more than once a day, every day, with staff trying to sell massages. Don't bother to pretend to be asleep, they only just stop short of shaking you awake & one staff member went so far as to lean into my partners ear & bawl "sir, sir".

There are set tables in the seating area for coffee, which are reserved for 10 men who resemble the Mafia, however, the table isn't marked reserved. Woe betide any paying guest who attempts to sit there, the waiters all start signalling to each other for one of them to hoof the guests out of the seats. The horror on the staff's face when guests sit there is an entertainment in itself. I personally think it's a damn disgrace that the best seats in the house is reserved for these people, however, instead of employing people to rush over & turf people out, surely it would be simpler to place a reserved card on the table?!

Drinks at the meal table is a very hit & miss affair, sometimes you are offered a drink but most times you go thirsty.

Like I said earlier, the hotel is faultless for cleanliness, but thieves are operating here and despite the jury being out where the Hotel Manager's involvement is concerned, my partner & I now believe he is involved. I will be interested to see if he responds to this review, but whatever his response is, I doubt it will resemble the facts, but I will leave it for the reader to decide.

Low level employees are hardworking, honourable & sincere people, but the middle & high management are corrupt & on this occasion they were caught out.

Room tip: Don't take a room near the sea as the entertainment from the sister hotel goes on quite late, every night.
Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
23  Thank LM3110
Reviewed 16 December 2012

We stayed in the Albatros Palace in November 2011. It is a beautiful hotel with lovely gardens and pool area, a lot of facilities and comfortable rooms.
However, the "software" of the hotel is a typical Egyptian (so called) 5 stars... How often did the staff forget our drinks, or bring them after ages (or bring the wrong ones ;-) Also no service by the pool ; sometimes at the beach, but certainly not regularly.
Instead of this, we often had to queu half an hour just to get a drink (in plastic cups) at the beach or pool...

Yes there is plenty of choice of food in the evening with several restaurants, as people mention here, but the quality of the food is really poor. It is plain 'cantine' food, lots of fries, pasta, pizza,... Nothing refined or really good (and believe me, I am not fussy and eat everything - as long as it is of good quality). Lunch was even worse (and never a la carte, always buffet).

There were not enough sunbeds: by the time we had breakfast and got at the pool around 09:30-10:00, all sunbeds were already taken. Luckily, we found some at the beach. So, after a couple of days, we did what everybody else apparently did: we woke up at 07:30 to 'reserve' a sunbed by the pool... ;-)

Animation was loud and very present, not very professional, although not ennoying.

All in all, this is a beautiful hotel with great facilities and infrastructure. If you are looking for a nice setting, plenty of entertainment and a lively atmosphere, and you don't expect 5 star food and service, the hotel still has a lot to offer.

However, having stayed in other hotels in Hurghada (paying only a bit more than for Albatros Palace actually), we would definitely not go back.
We have been to the Steigenberger Al Dau last month, which I could higly recommend. Yes their rates are a bit higher than the other "5 star" accomodations in the area, but it is absolutely worth every single penny! No comparison at all with the Albatros Palace...

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank 66Helene
Reviewed 11 November 2012

This is not the first time in Hurghada for me and my family and I have to say we had the best time ever. The hotel impressed us from very first step in to reception area. Very warm and welcomed atmosphere. I should warn every one who is booking this hotel with hotels4u.com! We paid for family room, but received double room. When we called directly to the hotel before making booking , we were told that family room has two rooms. In our booking was saying "family room -one room pool view". This was the catch! Hotels4u sold us double room with pool view for the price of family room! This has happened many times with British tourists, who booked through the same company. It was the only unpleasant experience in this hotel.
Surrounding area is grate. You can go shopping and get most of the things cheaper than in down town. Sheraton rd is a ripping off.
The beach is suitable as for kids, as for an adults. Grate place to explore exotic fishes from the hotel beach. Be careful, as many of them better not to tuch.
Room was cleaning every day.
Food was grate. Don't believe to those comments , who think that food is Russian oriented. We had mashed potato and minced pie, pasta bolognes, paella rice, grilled stakes, grilled baby chicken, grilled vegetables, some Egyptian cousin. We had a different selection of food in Mediterranean, Italian ,German restaurants. Barista coffee and freshly squizzed orange juice, pancakes all day long has been serving for free. I would like to mention waiter Gorge from Mediterranean restaurant. He is very hard working person. A grate example to the rest of the team.
Entertaining is very good during the day. Animation team done excellent job. We had a choices to do morning aerobic, water aerobic, zumbo dance, water polo, beach volleyball, table tennis, ets. My son loved kids disco. We couldn't miss it.
We didn't come across with any drunk Russians or Germans. It was truly qiert and relaxing atmosphere in the hotel. We met only few British couples. Most of the tourists are Russians and Germans.
The yang members of staff at reception needs more training, as they struggled to deal with our query. To smile is not enough to solve the problem.
We left hotel very happy.

Date of stay: November 2012
3  Thank 2208Milla
Reviewed 20 September 2012

This hotel was fantastic. The rooms were clean and a very good size. The hotel had great entertainment which was good for the little one. Food was good, buffet style and they tried to change it daily. The children's pool was very good with slides. Overall I would say this i a 5* and I would love to visit again. Would recommend.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
11  Thank Manisha P
Reviewed 7 September 2012

We spent a week in this wonderful hotel. The food was varied, as there are 6 restaurants. The pool is lovely, although a bit cold, but the sea was very pleasant. The hotel was very clean. The staff is helpful and nice. I recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: August 2012