“A fun splashing time......and the sun did shine!”

Dessole Titanic Aqua Park Resort
Ranked #124 of 221 Hotels in Hurghada
hampshire
“A fun splashing time......and the sun did shine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

Wow! Thank you to all the staff at the hotel for making our first trip to Egypt so welcoming and friendly... We stayed at the hotel from Easter weekend and for the first week in April.... The weather was glorious, the staff friendly, and the hotel and rooms the cleanest we have seen..... We had fun in the pools and the animation team (whether your cup if tea or not!) worked ever so hard.... I was worried that our 17 year old son might of been bored with just us , however within hours had made friends with 2 english, 2 polish and 8 germans, and they met up daily and built on relationships and teaching each other their home languages..... we relaxed when we wanted to, had fantastic fun on the Aqua park when we wanted to... ( great fun whether 13 or 63) and no queues at all..... The garden areas around the hotel are well kept and the sun loungers etc are well staffed.....
As for the food............. I AM a fussy eater and because i know that an happy eating the same foods each day, but for those who are complaining about the food.... You are NOT on holiday in England, so your not going to eat English food..... If you want the sun and the holiday prices, then be prepared to eat some foods that you are not used to..... It was all fresh and well prepared and well stocked, more choice than I expected and fresh egg chef, pancake chef, doughnut chef and spaghetti chef every day, aswell as the buffet choices and the BBQ chef cooking outside....... and the pool bar too......

I would like to say a special Thanks to Fadi and Hossam who where mainly running the indoor bar, who made us all feel welcomed on our first night and from then on remembered us and had a laugh and served us drinks with a smile every single evening.......

I have rated this 5 stars, as I am rating our experience of the Hotel..... However if I could suggest that the management pop across and take a look at the SPA, as i can only imagine that this is not run by the hotel, it really lets you down... The Gold Spa.... its not soo gold, its dirty, cold and neglected, I would suggest that nobody goes there, it is not like the brochures they bring around when selling them, and the sauna is falling apart, the showers are rusty and dirty and the pool could possibly have many germs...... Its a real let down, when the hotel is so nice.......... (Sorry to moan, but it has put me off trying a massage again).... But we will be back

Room Tip: choose pool view rooms, as the sea view ones will also include deralict land, refuse bins etc...
3 Thank Shazzaroony

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

I have just arrived back from this hotel and we had a fab time. I have two children aged 2 and 4 and they had an absolute ball in the under 10 pool area, we couldn't get them away from there. The pools were very clean with cleaners there almost all the time. I was particularly impressed with the lifeguards keeping adults off the slides and older children in check, I felt safe that my young children could enjoy without other children being too rough, this is something that rarely happens in the UK. We always had the sunbed we wanted. The fajitas or chicken mix sandwiches at the pool bar at lunch times were a delight and everything was cooked really well. My kids really enjoyed the pancakes for their breakfast and then having a cake by the pool at half 10 as a rest from the pool. Two nights stood out for food, Chinese night and Mexican night, I would love the recipe from the beef stir fry, It was really nice and the red wine was a good quality too, I would happily seek that out in a supermarket back home. We didn't venture far as it ha everything we needed on site. We had to buy extra sun cream and we paid the same price as back in UK which I was happy with and I bought my kids some t shirts and again I had a good price for good quality clothes. The room was amazing, my daughter had her own twin bedroom to herself which she was chuffed with, I thought we would all be in together but we weren't, we had a queen bed and 3 single beds plus bathroom, which was cleaned every day to a high standard. All staff were friendly and talked to the children without being pushy. I am currently looking to go back next April. I can see is returning to this hotel every year as it has everything for everyone at all ages.

• Stayed April 2013
Belgrade
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

We had much thought when choosing a hotel in Hurghada since we heard that hotel stars meant almost nothing when it comes to real rating. That is why we chose Primasol and we made no mistake! The hotel was clean and All Inclusive was a real one. The pool area is comfortable and spacious, the hotel beach (which is 2 minutes by hotel bus away) is very nice. You can have lunch and snacks on the beach bar and there's no need to come back to hotel before evening. I would definitely go there again!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank BWMarija
Costa Rica
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

I had a lovely week at the Prima Sol with my husband and family. Our first impressions were somewhat negative as our room allocation was in one of the blocks away from the main hotel. It was small and although it overlooked the children's pool the entrance to the room overlooked the rubbish area! On a positive side, for a small extra cost we were able to up-grade our room to the main hotel block. This was a much nicer and larger room overlooking the main pool. The room was kept very clean but the aircom was not the most efficient. The room fridge was stocked up daily with water, which was very useful.

The food could be described as somewhat bland but edible. It would have been lovely to have some more traditional middle eastern food. However, there was never a day when we could not find anything suitable to eat. It was easy to access soft and hot drinks. Occasionally, you had to queue at the bar especially during the evening.

The entertainment programme during the day was OK (my eight year old daughter joined in every activity!) but quite frankly the evening programme was third rate rubbish (but it did make us laugh......from chicken impressions whilst holding an egg between your legs to the rather dense Jade dancing).

The swimming pool area was well maintained and there was always sunbeds available. We choose the hotel for the Aqua park and although the children used the slides during the first few days after this they were not really fussed. Our learning from this holiday was that we would not pick a hotel again with an Aqua park .

I strongly recommend that you take a local bus to the town (approximately 20 minutes ride from the hotel) as it provides a flavour of Egypt. I found that the Egyptician's were not as prepared to barter as they do in other parts of the middle East.

1 Thank MadeleineCostaRica
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

I travelled to titanic resort on 29th march for 10 nights with my husband, 7 year old daughter and 4 year old son. On arrival we were given our room and the porter brought our luggages up, room was very spacious and had 2 double bed and a sofa bed aswell as a sliding door wardrobe, dressing table, and a mini fridge with water bottles. The bathroom was clean and had a massive shower, had a balcony that faced the front of the hotel with a beautiful view, we were very pleased with our standard room.
The resort is very big, very clean and all the staff incuding waiters were very friendly and always smiling. The water park was the highlight of my kids holiday, they had hours of fun on the water slides. stafff at the water park are always there to help get a sunbed and they are also very friendly and make conversations. Waterpark was great fun for us all, there are slides for 12 and over which were good fun. The animation team were very good, they work very hard with a big smile on their face, they made our evenings very entertaining. The breakfast buffet was good, had many choices from fresh pancakes, doughnuts, omletes, they had a huge spread of fresh bakery selection which was nice. The lunch and dinner was nice, but need some improvement as it was all abit bland. We done the cairo excurtion by coach which was a 24hr trip, but was worth it as we got to see the pyramids, and also visited a fantastic museaum. Other excurtions that we done was the sahara park that was an adventure, it included jeep ride, quaad bike, camel ride, mountain climb, visit farm and dinner and show at night. Also done the sumberine, city tour and went to the dolphine show, all of the excurtions were great and the people were very helpful and friendly. This was the first time we went to Egypt and it was a fantastic holiday, will return in a few years.

Room Tip: try and get a room on the second and third floor, as you get to see the lobby and can see whats goin...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank lola u
GM_TitanicResortHRG, General Manager at Dessole Titanic Aqua Park Resort, responded to this review, 20 April 2013
Dear Mrs. Lola U,

First of all I would like to thank you very much for having spent for your latest family holiday in April this year in our PrimaSol Titanic Resort & Aqua Park.
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your positive and recommending review about your stay here on the Trip Advisor website. It is highly appreciated, that you took the time to share your experiences in our PrimaSol Titanic Resort & Aqua Park with holidaymakers.

My team and I feel very pleased and honoured that you and your family enjoyed your stay in our hotel a lot.

It is our standard policy and, of course, self-evident for our employees to always serve all our esteemed guests in a friendly and attentive way, so that they feel comfortable at any time and enjoy their holiday.
Furthermore is the management of our hotel always committed to provide the highest possible service standards to our esteemed guests, and we are continually seeking ways to improve and enhance the delivery of these services in order not to only fulfill the expectations of our esteemed guests, but to even exceed them.

All your nice words have been forwarded to our employees already, because each of them gives their very best each day to let all our respected guests enjoy a pleasant and relaxing holiday and your encouraging words really will be a big motivation for them.

Thanks again very much for your recommendation and our best wishes to you and your family.
We are looking forward to hopefully welcoming you back in our hotel on another trip to Egypt.
The entire hotel team then will make sure again to let you enjoy another pleasant, relaxing and memorable stay in our PrimaSol Titanic Resort & Aqua Park.

Best regards from Hurghada,

Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

I recently went on my first all-inclusive holiday at Titanic Aquapark for two weeks (March 31 - 14 April) and I am sure to do the same type of holiday again.

Cleanliness:
There was definitely no fault with the cleanliness of this hotel. Staff can always be seen mopping floors, wiping tables and surfaces, clearing glasses etc. The room was especially well cleaned and the staff often left flowers or towel swans on the beds.

Room:
Our rooms were not as described. We went as 3 couples and so were expecting 3 double bedrooms but instead we got two rooms with two 3/4 double beds and one room (my room) with three single beds. We asked if it would be possible to move to a different room and they said a room with one double bed would cost an extra 100 euros for the stay. The staff were happy to rearrange the beds so we had two singles together but it wasn't ideal for my boyfriend and I to share this for two weeks.
The room facilities were good. There was plenty of wardrobe and storage; the safe was easy to use; the fridge was restocked with free bottled water everyday; the shower was large; the blackout curtains were very effctive (I could easily nap during the day); the air con worked well (despite being noisy); the TV had plenty of English channels.

Bar and Restaurant:
Having been my first all-inclusive holiday I wasn't sure what to expect with the food. I don't consider myself a very fussy eater but I wasn't impressed with it. There was always a spaghetti option and so, for over half my holiday, I had spaghetti for dinner apart from a couple of nights when we went to Mac Donalds! At lunchtime barbeque food was served in the pool bar which was good: hot dogs, burgers, chicken burgers and chips.
The bar was easy to use and quick service. The soft drinks were self service which made it more accessible and so quicker to be served. However the inclusive drinks were limited and I found myself drinking the same drink (rum and coke) for two weeks. There was one beer, a red white and rose wine, vodka, rum, whiskey, brandy and ouzo. Branded drinks and cocktails had to be paid for.

Activities:
There was a wide variety of day time activities available around the pool. A typical day had stretching, belly dancing, water polo, aqua gym, aerobics, latina dancing and football. The animation team were very insisting and cheeky to get you to join in. I tried belly dancing because the skirt was tied onto me whilst I was walking around! It actually turned out to be quite fun though. My boyfriend's mother and I tried aqua gym twice but had to leave towards the end the sencond time as we were put off by hugging and rubbing strangers at the end of the session! The boys in our party enjoyed playing water polo and football most days.

Staff:
The staff are the highlight of this resort! They all spoke good English and made you feel like you were the only people in the resort. They're always happy, helpful and up for a laugh/a bit of cheeky banter. The recreation team around the pool were very helpful, a man called Mustafa always found us our 6 sunbeds in our favourite spot. The bar and restaurant staff were also fun and entertaining. One waiter took a particular liking to one of our men and gave him special cut up fruit daily. The man who looked after the 'Shisha' proved to be a particular favourite. Most of the animation team were very friendly and approachable. We didn't like the man who presented the shows (he turned out to be quite arrogant and tried to make jokes at others expense).

Evening Entertainment:
Generally I found this quite poor. Shows with audience participation were generally better than the dancing ones they put on themselves. I entered 'Miss Hotel' which was great fun (despite being greatly embarassing!) and my boyfriend's father entered 'Mr Hotel' which was equally entertaining.

1 Thank Izzzzzy93
Dear Izzzzzy93,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your review here on the Trip Advisor website.
It is highly appreciated, that you took the time to share your experiences in our PrimaSol Titanic Resort & Aqua Park with holidaymakers so detailed.
But most of all I thank you for having chosen our hotel for your latest family holiday in April 2013.

The opinions and comments of our esteemed guests are very important for my team and me because only then we can improve our offers and our services continuously to respond even better to the wishes and desires of our guests in order to offer them a nice and relaxing holiday.

It is a real pity that some of your expectations, especially culinary wise, were not fulfilled.
However, I would like to inform you that you could have contacted our F&B Manager and our Executive Chef any time about your unhappiness in regards of the food.
Our kitchen team then gladly would have liked to respond to your criticism and wishes and they would have done everything for yours and your family’s culinary satisfaction.
You can surely imagine that it is not very easy to satisfy all the different tastes of our international clientele, therefore the direct feedback from our valued guests on the spot is very important for us to act accordingly immediately.
However, the topic of food is also always a very subjective matter and there are a lot of our valued guests who are very satisfied with the taste and selection of our food.

Also I do not want to forget to mention that my office is always open for all concerns of our very respected guests to discuss and to solve any inconveniences together and I think it is sad, that you didn’t contact me personally with your discontentment. Experience shows us again and again that most of the misunderstandings and dissatisfaction can be solved very quickly and easily in just one personal meeting.

But thank you for all your nice words about our staff, they are highly appreciated. It is dedicated people like each one of them who make our hotel so special for our valued guests. All your encouraging words have already been passed on to our employees and the management team as each one of them gives everything each day to let our guests enjoy a pleasant and relaxing holiday and your encouraging words are really another great motivation for them. Thank you once again very much for this.

Furthermore is the management of our hotel always committed to provide the highest possible service standards to our esteemed guests, and we are always searching ways to improve and enhance the delivery of these services since we do not only want to fulfill the expectations of our esteemed guests, but to even exceed them.

Thanks again for your review and our best wishes to you and your family. We are looking forward to hopefully welcoming you all back one day in our hotel.
The entire hotel team then will make sure again to let you enjoy another pleasant and memorable stay in our PrimaSol Titanic Resort & Aqua Park.
Best regards,

Banstead, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

The hotel itself is very clean and the surrounding pool areas are very well maintained. You can always find a sunbed and the staff are very helpful and friendly. The waterpark is great fun, the kids are never bored as they take themselves off to the numerous rides. There are the lovely pools there as well as the rafting river and wave machine. The shuttle bus took you to the beach which was lovely, clean with plenty of sunbeds. What let the hotel down for us was the food, whilst the breakfast was suitable, with cereals, pastries, eggs, pancakes, cold meats, fresh breads etc, the lunches and dinners were very bland. You got a selection of meats, or fish, but the accompanying dishes,such as rice, or chips, or pasta, become tedious after a couple of days, so we took ourselves out to Hard rock café one night, then to the new marina on another night, which had a lovely selection of restaurants in lovely surroundings. There is no kettle in the room so we took our own, godsend , as its hot and dry, and its nice to wake up to a cup of tea :) The evening entertainment was hit and miss, there is an outside disco at the end of the grounds, which the staff put on a couple of shows for you. The rooms are large and cleaned daily. You can smoke in the hotel...even though we smoke we still went outside to have ours, most don't, so you do sit with the waft of cigarettes in the main bar area. All in all for the money we paid for the actual hotel it was good value, the kids had a great time, the sun shone and we had a laugh. Just bear in mind if you like your food and are going for two weeks, take some extra spending money so you can eat out a few times to break it up. We only went for a week and ate out twice! NB. You are charged 150 Egyptian pounds as you enter the airport, per person.

2 Thank Julie1706_12
Dear Mrs. Julie,

First of all I want to thank you that you wrote down the experiences you made in our PrimaSol Titanic Resort & Aqua Park and shared them with other holidaymakers here on the Trip Advisor website. It is highly appreciated, that you took the time to share your experiences from our PrimaSol Titanic Resort & Aqua Park so detailed with other holidaymakers.

But I would like to inform you that you could have contacted our F&B Manager and our Executive Chef any time about your unhappiness in regards of the food.
Our kitchen team then gladly would have liked to respond to your criticism and wishes and they would have done everything for your culinary satisfaction.
Although our entire kitchen team works very hard each day to always offer varied buffets for our international guests this is, as you certainly can imagine, not always easy.

Thanks again for your recommendation and the very best wishes to you and your family; we are looking forward to hopefully welcoming you back for another holiday in our hotel one day.
The entire hotel team then will make sure again to let you enjoy another pleasant and unforgettable stay in our PrimaSol Titanic Resort & Aqua Park.

Best regards,