“Fabulous family hotel”

Ranked #46 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Surrey
“Fabulous family hotel”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Arrived here 29th march for a 10 night stay. Hotel was a 15 min transfer & first impressions of reception & entrance good. I travelled with my friend & both of us has 2 children each age 7-12. We booked 2 bungalows and were given 2225 &2224 these were 1st floor rooms which we asked to be change as the balcony was not suitable for our younger boys who would have climbed over. We were shown 3003 & 3006 which we loved. mine was a 5 beded room with bunkbeds & my friend a 4 beded room. We had a pool outside our doors and rooms were lovely. I did walk around the site & although it is spread out you would struggle to find a bad room we were close to restaurants, main pool and 10 min walk to aqua park. The pools were great, there was the smaller slide pool for toddlers, the main pool which was heated in some areas. The waterpark which was great for all ages. If you are unable to find a sunbed politely ask a lifeguard they will bring you one. The brits seem to be put around the 1000 & 2000 area, as we booked independantly of the big agents I suspect that was why we were in the 3000 rooms we were happy though! The main pool has music & gorgeous beds & double sunbeds. We did not use the kids club but our kids did go along to the film shown in the amphitheatre each night at 6.30 where they made friends. They also joined in the dance routines by the main pools during the day the staff of the kids clubs were great fun. There was also an olympic games one evening & football matches on Friday nights which our boys loved. We enjoyed the food choice, there was a great range of restaurants, a bakery, bars, ice cream palour in the main strip. The italian served freshly made pizza which our kids loved. There was a spagetti restaurant which they also enjoyed, my friend & I loved the asian plant which was a chinese & indian, the mediterranean was great for fresh food & there was a bbq outside each evening. The trick for us was to find a table then get our food, a tip to the waiter ensured glasses were always full. It does take a day or two to work out what is in each restaurant but the lay out meant we all got to eat something we liked. The aqua park restaurant was a lot more civilized for lunch then during the evening this was a mexican where the food was delicious it was not busy either as I am not sure many people realized it opened in the evening or simply did not want to walk away from the main restaurnts but it is worth a visit as I thought it served the best food & had the nicest, relaxing atmosphere. Above this restaurant is a roof top terrace which has delicious cocktails & a singer & music each night- if I didnt have small kids who wanted to be in the main area I would have spent evening here. There was a stage built outside the main restaurants during our visit and then music & entertainment were here each evening, singers & fireworks also shows in the amplhitheatre some good some not so. We were advised that Hurghada Marina had great nightlife- we didnt go as we had small children but if you are looking for clubs, bars & restaurants it may be worth a trip. We found all staff lovely & tipped some. We were asked if we wanted to use the spa and go on excursions but a poloite no thank you was enough. Take English money & change in the machine in the foyer the exchange rate was better than here. The hotel booked us a cab back to the airport which was £7 something to bear in mind if you are thinking of booking transfers. We visited the beach for 2 hours which was plenty it was not great, this is not somewhere to come if you want a beach holiday. There are enough pools that you could sit in a different place each day & not get bored. We loved this hotel & wanted to go back but have found out its only bookable through a big holiday company now which does increase the price. If you have any questions please ask. I always go 4/5 star holidays and thought this hotel was fantastic, rooms great, pools lovely, aqua park brilliant - if you have kids that can go off alone expect them to disapear all day, the slides are great fun, no big queues and we never had more than a few mins wait for a ring. Our kids would run off as soon as we got to the aqua park and we would see them at 5 when it shut. There was a lazy river & a beach area with a wave machine too. Plenty of choice of food & drinks and do not think I have been to a resort so clean. Weather fabulous & staff friendly. We walked to the Senzo mall & used free wi fi it was a 10 min walk. Did use the wifi in reception but it was soooo slow. The staff love the english & when you hear the germans & french speak to them you will know why! Us english have manners & do not bark orders! Lots of Germans, russians and were also lots of english when we were there. If you are going here relax it will be a brilliant holiday, if you are looking to book do!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank J0J0

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Exeter, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2013

standard very good good choice of food for kids and adults waterpark really good the larger pools nice and cold soon got used to the temperture as it was nice and hot cold pool great way of cooling down staff really freindly work really hard for crap money pool guys work 13 hours aday for £95 a month but still work with a smile booking for next year for 10 of us

3 Thank Gerry W
Brabant
Reviewed 19 April 2013

2nd time we visit this hotel. For families with children is this the best location (aquapark). Food and drinks: good for one week (choice, quality ...). Negative is that there is no light version of soft drinks (cola light, ...). Very cleai park with good services.
The internetconnection is extremely expensive (4 EURO for 1/2 hour!!). Also the kids park with plays (lunapark) is very expensive (2 EUR for one play).
They should make the luggage room more secure (everybody can take anathing - no labeling or identification).
But like I said, we go back!

Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I've been in Egypt 9 times. I have driven there during these trips about 8000 kilometers and I have been in very very different hotels from 2* to 5* in different Egyptian cities and even in a tent:) So, I definitely have a good base to think something about this hotel quality.

General opinion is "weak". The point is that if I go to 2* hotel then I know what to expect including, bugs, cockroaches and "Egyptian stomach flu":) So, when I read very good reviews about this hotel then of course my expectations were very high. Unfortunately I had to disappoint.

Why? It was dirty. Dishes were dirty and fitness club was dirty as well. Fitness club conditioner did not work (it worked only on the last day) and windows were open. So, we had to fight there with heart attack:))) because of the heat in the club. There were no exercises mat and ball and the floor was really dirty. To be honest, I have to say that one guy at least tried (not very successfully) clean mirrors all the time:)

Restaurants: There were 6 restaurants. 5 of these were "on the same line" and 1 (Mexican) was behind the aqua park. Except the Mexican one they were quite aphotic. I was thinking that maybe is it because of dirty dishes? You can't see the dirt if you have no light? But that's that. Anyway, the most annoying was that if I wanted to get good things on my plate I had to walk through 2-4 restaurants. This was the only way to get even a little bit various taste on my plate but I truly did not enjoy this. Menus were joke because I did not see these things in the restaurants. The best experience was 4th day evening when I accidentally found Mexican restaurant. It looked white (meaning of light and design also), clean and spacious because there were no people...and of course what is the most important, I got there my best food in this hotel. It was a grilled lamb with a warm mint sauce:)

Pools: Pools were freezing, extremely freezing. I understand that this is not hotel fault that the weather was cold but c'mon...we had to walk through all pools and touch water to know that is it okay or not? Is it so hard to put a reference or tag that says "Dear guests, here is our only heated pool"? Even one of the kids pools was quite cold. What else? The heated pool locates right front of Jazz bar and Tangine restaurant, this one where you can play volleyball. The bar what was the next of aqua park water slides were poor. It closed 17:00 but 15:00 there were no any juice:( And there was no menu like it was in "Jazz" bar example. Jazz bar left a positive feeling but DO NOT assume that you can hear there jazz:) You can't. Also, the Jazz bar was the only place you can get good coffee, since 10:00. The best cocktails were also in there.

Oh, I almost forgot. Despite of the fact that there are tags that it is NOT ALLOWED to reserve sunbath chairs/beds what were next of the pools they still were reserved and people were so naughty and even crazy about this. I saw guys who reserved their seats before 06:00...absurd. Totally absurd. And please do not think that it means that they came there right after breakfast 07:30 or something, no way. I saw people who came after 14:00 and during all this time these seats were empty because they were reserved...despite of that there were many people who were looking for seats. Totally absurd situation.

Rooms: The room was clean but refrigerator was so loud like a tractor:) We turned it off in the evenings.

Want to go to town to shopping or just looking around? If you care about your money do not take a taxi but walk about 300 or 400 meters and take mini bus. It drives 24/7. If you still want to take a taxi then do not pay more than 6USD or about 35-40EGP. However, the bus costs only 2EGP per person.

Last morning some guy was incredible annoying. He came about 04:00 and knocked after every 15 minutes and asked when we are going to leave? Despite of the fact that we explained already 1st time that we'll leave 06:00. If they had some issues about our leaving they should have been to contact with us last evening not "pushed" us 4am (6 times in total). I do not have to say that we were totally p..... off.

To sum it up with positive notes..then the good things were:
1) They gave a "food package" because we did not get breakfast.
2) Mexican restaurant Lamb with a warm mint sauce.
3) Good coffee in Jazz bar (despite of that I personally do not drink it)
4) The guy who cleaned our room. He was polite and helpful and not too pushy.

Uuhh, have a nice day and if possible, do not choose this hotel because there are water slides inside of other hotels also...or of course you can buy a day ticket to this hotel water park also...

Generally it was more or less okay but still 4* hotel must not afford dirty dishes...

1 Thank GianfrancoFerre
england
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Can understand though why others have not found this great. We never went hungry, food and variety spot on, just spread out a bit, when we have done AI before the themed restaurants were sit down waiter service, we expected this to be also, but this is not a complaint.

Water park! superb! for both little ones, teenagers and adults.

Beach - did not do this as not recommended by others and enough pools etc on site.

Trips did the buggy/quad in deserts highly recommended. And the snorkel all day trip which included 2hrs to Paradise Island, the rep sold it to us as a family day, but the 3 yr old only enjoyed the beach bit, the sea was to rough and cold for her. No other English people on our trip also, but the staff on the boat spoke English.

Entertainment was poor at night! day was good when we got sun beds around the kids entertainers, they tried there best. They need reps to do the entertainment at night, couples and teenagers were bored.

Hotel - all you could ask for, beach towels provided, sunbeds comfortable and plentiful, though you do have to do the towel early morning dash to get the best beds. Very clean, the staff work all day long to keep the whole site spotless! it is run like clockwork.

If you like to stay at your hotel and have children and just chill in the evening then this is the holiday for you! Weather amazing missing the place already!

Marina was a 20min taxi ride, this was a pleasant change and would recommend if you enjoy getting out the hotel for the afternoon. £9 return in taxi booked at reception.

1 Thank julie01-TA
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I really have mixed feelings on this hotel. We stayed for 10 nights in April 13 with our 10 and 7 year old. There are lots of positives. I found the hotel to be very clean, friendly and lots of fun. the kids club organisers are very enthusiastic and helpful and my kids loved hanging around with them and chasing them round the pool. The staff are all very helpful too. yes there are sales people but if you tell them you've already booked they walk off, they also leave you alone the deeper your tan becomes as they realise you're not a newcomer. There is only 1 heated pool and it is hard to get a sunbed in a prime position. We tipped a pool cleaner £20 over the 10 days and he reserved us 4 beds every day. This shouldn't be done I know but I'm on holiday and don't want ot get up at 7am to reserve a bed! Our rooms were clean but a bit tired. I felt comfortable sleeping in the sheets and taking a shower but if you look closely it could all do with a lick of paint. The pool water was spotless and I had no problem jumping in and putting my head under. The dining areas were clean and again I had no problems eating here. The food however is a different story. It became monotonous and it felt like a rushed, self service dining experience. Not like the pleasant boozy meals I enjoy on holiday usually. Also the whole place was dead by 11pm and up and noisy by 730 - 8am. Not for us I'm afraid. The dining was just too big for my liking. The restaurants had different menus which you had to scan through every evening. Breakfast was OK though with fresh pastries and fresh cooked eggs. Lots of Russians but we didn't find this a problem, our kids still made English friends. The water slides are fab, def a good idea if you have slightly older kids that moan they're bored no matter where they are! If I'm honest we enjoyed this holiday and didn't have any bad experiences but I don't think I'd return but only due to the food and whole restaurant experience. A trip to Hughada Marina is a must, book a return taxi from your hotel and pop to the marina for a Thai or an italian for £30 for a family of 4. You have to be strong in Egypt, the problems with haggling, sales, Russians, etc. is a country wide problem, not exclusive to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to a 2 bed suite when there at 100 Euros. Insist on being close to amenities, so...
1 Thank MaxineByrne
Stourbridge
Reviewed 16 April 2013

We travelled to Jungle Aqua Park in March 2013 as a group of 13, ages ranging from 3 - 72. Everybody without exception had an absolutely superb time!
The service was wonderful, yes an occassional tip is expected but not forced upon you. If you do tip, the service steps up with things like guarenteed table reservations and extra drinks in the room, etc.
The pools are great, the water park fantastic and over 2 weeks we had no need to leave the complex - it was full of things to keep us entertained. Yes, sales men wonder round the park all day but if you make clear you're not interested a sales pitch will turn into a friendly daily "hello"
The night entertainment isn't great, in that the shows are held in a theatre (we didn't actually go to see any of the shows). But, we were more than happy with going to the bars, or going to the central area where there was a disco/musical entertainment.
About half of our party had a mild stomach bug whilst there but there is a pharmacy on site and we were all easily treated and fully recovered within a couple of days.
We didn't venture outside the complex on any trips so I can't comment on those, but if you're looking for a relaxed, family fun holiday this is a fantastic hotel for you to consider.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family