“Fantastic get away”
Review of Jungle Aqua Park

Jungle Aqua Park
Ranked #44 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This holiday was on par the best holiday to date and I have been on some good holidays, the hotel is so clean, fresh and fun. The accommodation is out of this world with its own pool between a few bungalows with also the outstanding water park.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank 31Natasha28
Write a ReviewReviews (2,929)

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Having stayed at 5* boutique hotels in the past i really didnt give this hotel much in terms of expectations.... i booked it soley with my daughter in mind as it offers so much for children...
" why did i never hear about this place before". There wasnt anything i could complain about,place kept imaculate,service and staff really make this place and the only thing i can say spoilt it was the way the guest's treated the staff,they cannot do enough for you.. food wasnt amazing but by no means bad,we eat alot of fish but they fo alot of bar-b-ques... enough to winge about..no way.hoping to visit next may... brilliant family holiday .xx

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Wissywo
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stayed here from 19th May 2014 for a week. The hotel and grounds were huge and so clean. We got a lower room which opened onto one of the many pools. The rooms were all you needed and were pleasant. They were cleaned everyday and the fridges were restocked. We gave the cleaner a few tips and he made sure we were given coke and made some animals out of towels on the beds which the little one loved.
The hotel grounds were beautiful, so so clean and you always see staff busy, repainting, cleaning, gardening etc. The aqua park was great, plenty of beds, waiter service, all inc bar. There was also a large restaurant which had different food everyday pizzas, burgers, hot dogs, pasta, salad etc. Again so clean, the minute u had a spillage someone is there to clean it up!
Great water slides for children and adults!
The food, oh the food! There were 6 or so restaurants which each had different food every night. So much to choose from and delicious, my fav was the Italian. I didn't touch any salad and rice all week just to be on the safe side. Breakfast was a bit same old everyday but they did make you fresh omelettes which were nice. The wine was quite pleasant for an all inclusive too. Didn't like the local spirits and the didn't have any named brands to buy so be sure to grab a bottle in duty free.
Entertainment was fab. They had a children's disco with characters and then a grown up show. The fire show was fantastic.
We didn't visit the local beach however we did book an excursion through Thomson. The tropical island of Mahyma, definitely a must see. Beautiful and an extra treat seeing the dolphins from the boat on the way there. We also booked dessert safari which was equally a great day out enjoyed also by my 3 year old.
Would definitely recommend to a friend.

Room Tip: We tipped the reception and asked for a lower room, whether we had a lower room in the first place w...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank EllouiseFeatherstone
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This was our 8th visit to Egypt, we have stayed at marsa alam and sharm before, but this was our first visit to hurghada. I can honestly say this is the best hotel,I have stayed in.

Check in was a bit chaotic. Your asked to sit down and fill in a booking in form. Back to reception, sit down and wait, then they come with your wrist band, sir down, then they come back with your passports and room key, sir down, then wait for someone to show you to your room. It took about an hour, but there is a coffee bar for you to use.

Room was nice and clean, no bugs, and cleaned to a high standard. We were allowed late check out till 7pm for a 40 euro charge but that can't be booked until the day you leave. Our room was 5058 which is on the out skirts of the complex away from the water park. We initially thought we were a bit far out but enjoyed it. There was a pool right outside our room, we never had to reserve sun beds, and it enjoyed just floating around on a LILO sometimes.

The rooms have a shower, with soap in dispensers in the shower and next to the sink. Four single beds, free use of the safe, and the air con seemed stuck on 22 but other than that, it was good.

The pools were fantastic, all of them. Clean, a bit cool at times, but we spend the first morning going from one pool to the next just exploring the complex. Sun loungers were not a problem. We could change pools during the day, or go to the watermark, and always find loungers.

The water park is very good, two 40 plus year olds with a 9 year old,mew all went on every slide, and every pool.

Food and drink was good. I loved the arrangement of food places, and how they have created little court yards for you to sit. They are happy for you to take food from one place in to another. Steak with jacket spuds, roast meats every night. We preferred to sit in the courtyard surrounded by the Italian, the med, the spaghetti place, la brioche, a milkshake bar, a cocktail bar, and the ice cream place, which was a perfect place for us.

I likes that there was freshly squeezed orange juice included, and that ice cream was available for 9 hours a day. The only downside is no kettle in room, but I should have checked, and taken one with me.

Overall,am great hotel, in a good spot,

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
11  Thank Partypip
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed end of may, beginning of June 2014; Two adults and a 11 year old.

On arrival at Hurgada airport we were required to pay for entry Visas (was about £25 (Sterling)), it was then a 15 minute bus ride to the resort. About 20 of us arrived together and it was BEDLUM. We have been to Egypt 6 times before and the welcome has always involved a welcome drink (juice) and an ordered book in. It gave a very poor first impression.

Once at the room we were impressed, It was spacious and very clean and the beds were very comfortable for 2 weeks.

The aqua park was great fun and the pool outside our door was perfect.

The breakfasts were great, the food choice was large. I was a little surprised initially that coffee wasn't brought to the table - but soon got used to it.

All meals were buffet style and we always found something to our taste.

We started every night in Jazz bar and the service from Mohamad was first class - choco milk for my son, piña colada and beers for the adults.

We didn't see lots of the evening entertainment but my son enjoyed 'the fire show with Samson'.

Our only travelling outside of the resort was to Senzo mall - which was a nice change and had McDonald's, KFC, coffee shops and a supermarket - spinneys (large asda style which was very cheap for toiletries / Pringles etc); and we went to Hard Rock Cafe (by resort organised taxi - about £4 return) which did the best steaks - a very enjoyable night, but felt quite expensive - UK type prices.

My wife bought a couple of bags in a nearby shop to Hard Rock cafe, I haggled (for the first time) - which involved little more than starting to walk away from the deal - which worked surprisingly well.

The coffee shop in the resort provides superb cappuchino and iced drinks.

The room was cleaned to a very high standard and we suffered no thefts from the room (but did use the free safe)

Free WIFI was great - we got reception everywhere (not fast - but good enough for emails etc)

We tipped when we felt like it and the waiters etc appeared genuinely pleased with the gesture.

I've come to realise that they would prefer Egyptian pounds other than the £1 or £2 coins we have previously provided - we were approached on several occasions asking (politely) if we could change English pounds to Egyptian pounds.

On our departure the bus drivers were very forthright in their demands for tips, almost to the point of refusing to release bags without one. firmness was enough , if you didn't want to give into the drivers blackmail.

Hurgada airport on our return was fine. We ate from the canteen type restaurant and enjoyed pizza and chicken. It passed surprising quickly.

We never suffered any tummy trouble but carried a little hand sanitizer and we used it ALWAYS before eating.

My impression is that the resort was favored by the Russians and Poles to a greater extent than Brits - but caused no great issues. We enjoyed watching the Russians which was an education in cultural difference ...and my son played happily with his Russian and Polish friends.

Overall, we had a fantastic family holiday. Don't expect gourmet meals (we didn't), but if you come intending to relax and enjoy the sun it's perfect !

Stayed: June 2014

rooms cleaned everyday
most staff are polite
lots of places to eat
good adult night entertainment
visit to Dana beach was lovely
chance for late check out (at a charge of approx £33)
beach/swimming towels provided
excellent drinks
Free wifi - worked at the reception but sometimes very slow
lots of pools
9am-5/6pm lifeguard presence
children can have borrow a lifejacket or armbands free of charge
swimming water was clean
staff new English as well as other languages
very close to airport
walking distance to a high street

Cons -
staff told us were our room us!! we had to tell him to take us!!
same food day in day out!
cleaner leaves door open so on return, flies and ants have made themselves comfortable in rooms that they have not paid for!
the waiters were over friendly with young girls which was very disturbing to watch
every time I asked for something, I was asked "were you from?"!! the hotel description did not state that I had to inform every member of staff were I was from!!
toilet door did not lock
they only accepted USD or Egyptian Pounds not GBP
Childrens club was very boring
sales staff harass you, specially to attend a carnival night at the sister hotel for £10, but reception stated that you had one free attendance during your stay!!
did not have an iron to use!!
no English tv channels to entertain children
suitcases are left at the entrance with no-one knowing who they belong to! felt very aware that anyone could have walked of with my suitcase!
the children's entertainment team ignored my son when he wanted to hold their hand but they were very forthcoming towards young girls!

during the stay we had some good times as well as some upset times, however, upon our return we felt that some points really disturbed us, specially the way the waiters behaved with young girls as well as being asked were I was from every time I asked for something! overall we did enjoy the holiday, we would return but not in a hurry!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank sal1980
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Only just made a trip advisor account and i came to this hotel last year (March 2013) but the hotel was so amazing that I have to compliment the hotel, even if it is a year late, sorry!
As I said, I came here last March with my partner, both of us were 20 at the time! As soon as we walked into the hotel entrance, our jaws dropped! It was absolutely beautiful! A hotel that i would of imagined in my dreams! Chandeliers and everything! The hotel got better and better as the guide took us to our room, pools were beautiful, hotel was clean and everything looked like it was carved by angels.
The food was out of this world! Lots of different restuarants and food options to choose from, so for the fussy eaters, like my partner, there would always be something he would like!
I loved the fact the rooms were bungalows, and you could open your back door and be right at the poolside.
The waterslides were fabulous! Everyone seemed to be having a greaat time! And the staff couldnt do enough for you! My only downsides about the hotel were there were alot of locusts in some of the pools and the entertainment wasnt great, but the great service made up for this!
We also went on a lot of trips, which were fair priced!
Would recomend this hotel to families definitely!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple