“Is it an Ibera Hotel or a Jaz Hotel”
Review of Jaz Aquamarine

Jaz Aquamarine
Ranked #35 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Wigan
“Is it an Ibera Hotel or a Jaz Hotel”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Firstly both my good lady and I where confused on arrival in Egypt, we spoke to the holiday rep and ased which coach to get on and where told no 13 when we told him the Hotel Name, on getting on the coach with othrr holiday people, on departure from Airport we were told that it would take 20 t0 25 minutes to the Jaz Auamarine Hotel. When I asked about the Iberotel Aquamarine I was informed it was the same hotel as the Jaz.

On arrival at the hotel we where told to register at reception then put room number tickets on our lugage it would then be taken to the room. We had been alocated room 3279 this is at the far end of the middle left hand block, grest room view of pools and sea. Room a bit tired needs uplift, but comfortable and clean. 16 swimming pools on the complex two with water shoots for those who like them.

There are no lifts that I could find and on calculation the number of steps to climb every time you left or returned to your room, there was 40 steps to the top floor, then 18 steps to the buffet restaraunt. Making my total steps per day to climb upmor down over 300 per day. Not good if you are bad on your mobility.

Food was average for Egypt even as it is classed as a 5 star, the Italian Restaraunt "Nino's" was great. House wine included but you can purchase by the bottle a better wine than the house wine. Be aware thst if you want a priemium drink such as a scotch you have to pay one whiskey will cost you 125 Egyption pound =£12.25 in english pounds.

The hotel was running at only 30% while we where there, so it was loverly and pieceful, if you like to swim in the sea you may have a long walk on your hands as the depth is shallow we walked out for over 15 minutes and thecwater was still only up to our knees.

Hotel staff are great they will do anything to help if you ask, they are friendly and cheerful, cleaning staff are also very friendly and keep the room lovely and clean. There is a safe in the room but you have to use six didgets not the usual 4 caused me a problem but we got round it.

Room Tip: Try for a low floor if you have mobility issues as there are no lifts, nearly all rooms have a pool...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (753)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Just had 2 weeks relaxing at this hotel with my mother and it was fantastic, the Egyptian people are so welcoming and friendly and they are the stars at this hotel, nothing was to much trouble for any of the staff and there was always a smile for you.
The whole hotel and ground are clean and tidy and so are the rooms and communal areas.
The only thing that needs improvement is the food as it was very much the same every day and the snack bars also didn't have the biggest choice either (ok if you like burgers and hotdogs with chips).
I would like to mention our room cleaner Romany he did such a fantastic job of making us smile everyday with the amazing towel art left on the beds.
And finally we did a trip to Luxor it was a long day but well worth getting up at 4am for, i would recommend everyone to go.
Thank you everyone for a fabulous time and i'll be back at some point in the future.
P.S thanks Mohamed Hassan in the reception for the book about Luxor, and also to Ayman i enjoyed our little chats.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Denise H
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 8 December 2013

The Iberotel Aquamarine (now Jaz Aquamarine Resort) is a very pleasent and huge resort (with a lot of flowers,plants and palms, clean and very well maintained) in about 20min transfer distance from the international Airport of Hurghada.
The beach of this resort may not be among the nicest in the region (during low water you are recommend to wear swimming shoes) but the innomerous pools of the hotel complex make you forget very easily about this detail! Some of the pools are provided for families with children, some with very low water are special for little children, in some of the pools there are a lot of activities such as games, watergym and other offers of the animation program! Some of the buildings even are surrounded by pools, so that the rooms at the ground level (provided as familiy rooms) have a direct and private entrance to this pool. A waterpark with several slides (ready to enjoy as well children and adults) is located near the beach.
But there are as well pools provided only for adults who are looking out for a quiet and relaxing ambience!
I am sure after making a tour through the whole resort you will find your own perfect place to stay every day!
At this point I have to report about an experience I made when I arrived at the hotel: although it was early in the morning on many of the enough available sunbeds were placed towels! So, a lot of the places were reserved by people you couldnt see at this moment.
Anyway, if you have found your special place in this resort I recommend to do the same! Put your own towel or one of the beach towels available at some points allover the Resort (when checking in you will get a towel card) on your favorite sunbed and enjoy your day!
Rooms: all rooms are located in several multistoried buildings throughout the whole Resort!
The rooms are spacious, with nice, modern furniture and equipped with every contemporary comfort (controllable air condition, satelite flat TV, minibar, coffeemaker with complimentary refill every day, wireless internet). The beds are very comfortable, the linen have a high quality!
The bathroom is large and equiped with an easy walk in shower and a seperate toilette (not in designated single rooms). Every room has a terrace or a balcony!
There are two main restaurants and four smaller speciality restaurants (fish, asian, libanese and italian). To have dinner in these smaller à la carte restaurants you have to make a reservation. For this you can easily use the special reservation terminals located in the lobby area. The variety and quality of the food is excellent. In the both main restaurants there are special sections provided for adults only. Although this is a huge resort we always found a place to sit and enjoy our meals! Some parts of the restaurant are located outside the main building. People who dont like the air condition can take place outside, which is very nice for breakfast. Later on this section is very crowded especially in the evenigs!
The staff is very friendly! Most of them speak english. I could here as well some words in german or french! Give a little tip and you will enjoy a very (!) special service- regardless concerning the nice and only male roomservice or the waiters on the poolbars or in the restaurants or at the serveral desks at the lobby!
But please never forget to treat the staff poeple with respect and try to honor and understand their culture and as well their mentality! We are the visitors in a foreign Country and altough the high grade hospitality makes us feel being welcomed like at home we are coming from outside and our money does not have the right to do everything. So please respect the poeple!!!

Another tip: Should you need a pharmacy during your stay then leave the resort through the exit of the "Bluemarine" ( this Resort ist located on the rear part of the Aquamarine, both hotels are more or less related and guests of each resort can use the most public amenities of the other one) then turn to your right and you can see the entrance of a small pharmacy. Explain what you need in english, and the friendy staff there will give you advices as well and will help you! Very helpfull! Sometimes you can avoid a doctor! Anyway, I hope you will not need this service while staying! But its good to know

At NO time of our ENTIRE stay at this wonderful resort I felt uncomfortable or unsecure. I never had the feeling that unauthorized poeple from outside could enter the resort without beeing checked from the security staff of the Hotel.

Our decision is clear: we will come back at the end of April 2014 to relax here once more and enjoy everything what the Jaz Aquamarine has to offer!!!!!! Trank you so much for a wonderful time!!

Room Tip: Before booking decide for yourself if you want to stay in a part with high activities (which sometim...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I travelled to this hotel with my husband and sons aged 5 + 4mths in nov for 11nts..I was a bit concerned with taking a 4mth old to egypt due to sterilizing btls and the water etc...I had no need to be concerned! The hotel couldn't have done anymore for us..they gave us extra btls of water in the room to use for sterilising and his formula and the hotel manager even went to the nearest supermarket to get me more baby wipes as i had run out! Definitely going beyond in the customer care ratings in my eyes.. if you are thinking of travelling with a baby the brand of water they use is nestle which also has a low sodium content which is recommended if using for formula milk..we had unlimited use of the a la carte restaurants which was a bonus as the hotel wasn't even half full..couldn't fault the food or service in either...the restaurants state that they will also cater for you if you have food allergys etc.....The hotel pools were a mixture of heated and not heated so you had the choice. Tbh as the temp was in it's 30's we found the unheated pool more refreshing.
Between the 2 hotels there are 3 mini water parks with a good choice of slides but also 2 kids splash pools with slides for younger kids (this was a pleasant surprise as not stated online or in brochure) my 5yr old loved them.
The rooms are of a good size and were kept spotless..
We didn't feel pressured into tipping or that the service was inadequate if you didn't tip..tbh the waiters seemed surprised when we tipped them (we tipped daily for a la carte restaurants etc but each to their own)
There's a few shops outside hotel that you can walk to..the beach is ok, not great but water lovely and clear...
If you are looking for a 5star hotel that provides great service, a good choice of food, bit of entertainment, lovely pools etc..then you have found the right hotel in the Jaz Aquamarine..I have worked in travel for 20yrs and would not hesitate in recommending this hotel to my customers, friends or family. ..we will be returning!

• Stayed November 2013
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Last week it was the fifth time I a was a guest in this hotel and again the place felt like my second home. Be honest , you do not go back five times if it does not meet all your desired expectations on all important mattters .The resort is very large.You can do nice walks in the garden .Everything is clean and well-mentained also the swimming pools and staff is working almost 24 hours day and night to make your stay unforgettable. There is always a nice spot to sit down - pool - gras - beach possibilities enough - alone quiet or in company of the animation team. What I like the most is the typical oriental style of the resort with its nice decoration no kitsch and very spacious locations . From arrival to check-out reception staff was always there to help me with special requests - changing money etc. never was there a this is not possible story - always a positive approach and an anwer to all my questions.
Food was exellent - every day an other special theme - a wide choice and service again like always top and above all with a smile . This is one of the main reasons I keep going back to this hotel exellent service. For Jaz Aquamarine I would like to thank especially chef Samy and Essam and his team.For Jaz Blue Marine it was this time chef Youssef together with Beshoye, Haitham and equipe.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Hastings, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Just returned from a stay jaz aquamarine we stayed 7 nights and i did not want to leave.The whole resort was super clean and amazing bulidings from the main lobby to the rooms. the gardens were vey nice with lots of flowers and palm trees. from the moment we arrvied at the airport we was looked after the coach transfer was easy to do no hassle helped by our tour rep sayed who was very nice. when we arrived at the hotel we was checked in very fast and had a drink ready on arrival. our cases were taken to our room so no hassle there either! we had a twin superior room which was massive with two big beds and and shower,bath,etc. we had a lovley view from the balcony which was nice to see mountians to the left and a beach to the right and pools in front.

The food was brilliant so much choice to choose from and cause we booked our holiday with thomson we had unlimited visits to the a la carte resturants the choice was asian,itilan,lebernese and a fish one which i do not like so i did not try.

the italin was brilliant service and food was superb
the lebernese was brilliant and the service was good
the asian we was slighty dissapointed as the food was not hot enough and the food was not very good but once again could not fault the service.
The main buffet restuant was amazing with lots of choice even for the fussiest of eaters like my wife!! the only fault i would have some times the food was not hot enough.

i take my hat off to all the waiters and staff are brilliant they make sure you are well looked after all the time they check if you need drinks or have any problems and they just do not stop being happy the whole time. the staff are forever cleaning the pools and the floors be carefull as some times these can by slipery. !!

the swimming pools are amazing but have a walk around to check which ones are heated cause some are slighty cold compared to the heated ones we found the warmest one to be by the pool side bar wihich was like a warm bath and so big and has a shollow end for kids.

just watch out for people who try to sell you stuff like spa tratments and diving excursions from the beach if you just say no they will leave you alone so be firm and they will go away.

we had one problem with the room a shower holder was broken once we went to the main lobby to complain this was sorted within hours this impressed us very much.

the resort has its own beach and was ok with some sun beds and a beach bar which done some good lunch the steak roll was nice.

there is lots of entertaiment during the day sorted by the amantion team who are all very nice they will come round and ask you if you want to join in the fun etc !

i would also suggest getting some mozzie bands or something as my mum was bitten a few times on her legs so just watch out for that !

forget what any one who says your not safe in egypt cause they are totally wrong and its a lovley resort to go and visit. i would recommend this resort to friends to stay there .

Room Tip: ask for second floor so you get a good balcony view of the resort
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Geneva
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I went with some friends in Nov 2013. We booked a ''swim up'' family room (1 double and 2 single beds). On the face of it, the hotel looks fabulous. I reckon there was max 20% occupancy when we were there and so I dread to think what it is like in peak season. The amenities and decor were fantastic and all very clean with pristine gardens and pools (not all of them heated). We were approached at least 8 times per day when we were at the pool for spa, mani/pedi, snorkelling, diving, more spas, camel rides etc etc. We did take the 4 day egyptian spa treatment which provided you haggle is a nice experience but not sure it was great VFM. I was not aware but we were originally only allowed 4 a la carte meals (meaning the other 3 would be in the buffet restaurant) but during the short transfer from the airport our rep said we had 7 nights a la carte. The food in the buffet restaurant was good and varied and the layout was excellent for a mass scale restaurant with good quality furnishings inside and out. The fish restaurant was a disappointment. We complained that the sea bass was most certainly not sea bass - so why purport to have it? The same with the bouillabaisse (however you spell it :) ). The manager was excellent in handling our complaint and took it upon himself to book the next few days meals for us. Next was the lebanese - another disappointment…. starters were ok - not as good as a traditional lebanese. The Shish tawouk (chicken kebabs) were not like i had tasted before…. as though they had been casseroled but the meat was fatty and not like the bbq'd white meat I was ordinarily used to. The italian was surprisingly good despite all the negative comments I had seen on trip advisor - i had tomato and mozzarella which although was not real mozzarella was tasty with the basil pesto. The chicken breast and mushroom risotto was really good. However, by far the best was the asian restaurant - excellent service and the food was fantastic. Its worth paying £11 extra per head to have the tepanyaki as it is entertaining to watch and the quality of the meat is superb. The service in the rest of the hotel was mediocre - lots of staff but no-one in any rush to serve you. We only went to 1 evenings entertainment which was the dance acts from around the world - don't bother - it was not entertaining in the slightest. It seemed like everyone was there as there was nothing else to do. Around the hotel there are some really nice places to sit and drink coffee or cocktails - but I think the tranquility only exists in low season - it would be good to check a review from a high season holiday. In all - it was a great place to chill out and the weather was just right at that time of year. I have rated the hotel very good as it was above average but not fantastic.

Room Tip: ask for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends