“An Amazing Hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 229 Hotels in Hurghada
Tiverton, United Kingdom
“An Amazing Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

If you really want to be pampered, this is the Hotel & Spa for you, we have just returned from a very enjoyable stay. The food was first class, and the service from all staff second to none, always smiling and so willing to help in all ways possible. the whole area of the hotel inside and out was spotlessly clean at all times.
We have stayed in hotels all over the world including Las Vegas and found Premier Le Reve on a par with the best. We are now looking forward to our next years holiday and will certainly return to PLR.
We will next year fly direct to Hurghada, and not as this year fly into Luxor for a 2 centre holiday, having a week on the Legacy for a Nile cruise, which again was excellent, good food and first class service by the attentive staff on board highly recommended, and very good value for money.

But the journey from Luxor to Hurghada ( 5 hours each way ) was most uncomfortable and torturous, that was the blight on what otherwise was a perfect holiday.

2 Thank William A John H
GMLER, General Manager at Sensimar Premier Le Reve, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear William A John H ,
Thank you for choosing Premier Le Reve for your recent holiday and for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to relax after the Nile Cruise. We sincerely appreciate your comments regarding our food, staff and the cleanliness. It was our pleasure to welcome you and we look forward to welcoming you back next year to Premier Le Reve.

Email:gm_ler@premieregypthotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,308)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

We spent our first coupla days of our honeymoon thr and i was extremely hard for any other
hotel in our trip to cope or even b close to wt we had in PLR, food was amazing, people r extremely nice and helpful, everything is very clean n food was perfect....its simply wt we hoped for I absolutely recommend for a quite peaceful honeymoon ;)

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Emad B
Dear Emad B,
Thank you for choosing Premier Le Reve to celebrate such a special occasion and for taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted that you had a wonderful Honeymoon. It was our pleasure to welcome you and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Le Reve.
We wish you all the best and happiness in your new marriage.

Essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Where to start.........This was an 11 day stay.
I have never visited Egypt before and had no real inclination to go, but after a recommendation from my local travel agent decided to give it a go.
I am so glad I did. Like most people now we looked at trip advisor and in the main the reviews were good, so we were expecting quite a lot.
I went with my wife and we are both in our 40's. I will try to split this up to make it easy to read, so here we go......
Airport
My god what an experience, lots of shouting moving about and waiting to get through the airport, but we survived it. The return journey was worse, but it is what it is....
Transfer
Nice and simple, good journey, excellent rep from thomson (Mohammed)
Hotel
Mr fouquet, the operations manager was one of the most honest and caring men I think I have ever met. Nothing was too much trouble and he walked around regular each day to speak with guest and deal with any problems. The standard room was out of this world size wise and had all mod cons, large bathroom king size bed and good standard of decoration.
Staff
The staff there were fantastic , Hani, who use to top us up with drinks all day. Mohammed, Abd Rahman, Amr, Carlos at the pool bar and abdo on the beach. You couldn't have met a nicer bunch of young guys.
Holly the new deputy manager was also excellent and took time out of her day to stop and chat. She even came round the guests to see if there was anyway they hotel could improve the buffet.
The restaurants were amazing, the buffet, the Italian, and the Asian. We never ate in the fish restaurant or sushi, so I cannot comment on those.
Even the pool side restaurant( lunchtime) was excellent and the staff were all very helpful, Ahmed especially.
Drinks
I do like my drink and can honestly say the beer (Stella ) was very drinkable, the vodka and orange weren't bad, but I would normally drink brandy or gin. The spirits are a bit rough and if I had one observation it would be to provide international branded drinks in the all inclusive at no extra charge. This would put the hotel on a par with some that I have paid double the price for.
Entertainment
The entertainment was mostly provided by Pete and biddy, who worked really hard to provide quizzes, music and general activities during the day and evenings. Both of them worked really hard and made our evenings thank you both.
A comment was made that the British put their faith in the hotel and the staff when the media were portraying Egypt as a no go zone.
Let me assure you that the staff were some of the nicest people I have ever met and should you be lucky enough to visit, enjoy Egypt and the wonderful staff at Premier Le Reve, thank you Mr Fouquet

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank EssexPinch
GMLER, General Manager at Sensimar Premier Le Reve, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear EssexPinch,
Thank you for choosing Premier Le Reve for your recent holiday and for taking the time to write an excellent review about our hotel. We are entirely committed to delivering the perfect holiday experience through providing an excellent service so we are so pleased to read the staff achieved this for you. We would like to thank you for all of your fantastic comments and we are delighted to read such a wonderful and detailed review. All of your feedback has been passed to the entire team and your praise has been greatly appreciated. It was our pleasure to welcome you and we look forward to your next visit to Premier Le Reve.

bucks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Two fantastic weeks at the PLR.this being my third visit. Still exceptional in every aspect and it shows in the number of returning guests.Gala night, buffet restaurant and A La Carte Restaurants are superb, all credit to the chefs. Mr Fouquet and all his staff are amazing they work so hard and such lovely people. Rooms are big and spacious with separate shower. A BIG thank you to everyone at the PLR for making my holiday so enjoyable. Look forward to seeing you all in OCTOBER 2014. xx

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank orchard8
GMLER, General Manager at Sensimar Premier Le Reve, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Orchard8,
Thank you for returning to Premier Le Reve, we are pleased to read you had another fantastic holiday with us. We sincerely appreciate your excellent review and all of your lovely comments and feedback has been passed to the team. It was our please to welcome you back again and we look forward to welcoming you back in October for another great holiday with us.

Cardiff
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

This review is written on the back of a recent two week stay.In booking the holiday I was heavily influenced by the consistently high scores and reviews on TA.I would have to say that whilst I agree with most of them I do feel that far too much "hype"has been written and perhaps not enough constructive criticism and feedback.
The PLR delivers a high Spec AI package and which is excellent value for money.It ranks amongst the top hotels on the Red Sea.It has a large Fan Club and much repeat business and which is understandable.It is possible to get a higher AI Spec eg 24 hour AI in Mexico or the Carribean.This however would be a different holiday product altogether and would cost considerably more-so excellent VFM at the PLR.
The hotel operates a highly visible "hands on" management style to maintain its standards.The grounds and amenity areas are all meticulously maintained..The staff are attentive courteous and very obliging.The concierge service and room cleaning are conducted to very good standards.The cleanliness in particular is to be commended in terms of both general and food hygene standards.To be honest I found them a great deal higher than many establishments I have frequented in the UK!
Therefore in all I would rate the hotel highly and it has a lot going for it.I would have to say however that there were also a few downsides:
1) Service standards in general are very good,however I did find the service standards in the main Buffet Restaurant to be very "Hit and Miss".In my experience and from what I observed more miss than hit.A great deal depended upon what time you sat down and within whose"zone" you were seated.In a Buffet set up the diners do most of the work themselves,however I found myself and observed others chasing after waiters for various things that should have already been provided at the table.
2) The food quality in the main is very good.However in a two week stay the food choice can be a bit repetitive (second week same as the first).In fairness to the PLR that I find is common to most AI packages.To counter this the hotel does offer other bookable dining options.These however are at a surcharge apart from the Chinese and the Italian.I tried both these on two occaissons just in case I was unlucky first time around,sadly it was not the case.The Chinese offers a very limited choice with poor service and quality.The Italian offers a better choice but the steaks were tough and scraggy beyond belief.I sent mine back on both meals and observed the table next to me doing so as well.
3) I am no Wine Buff by any means but would have to say that the wine on offer was particularly ropey even by Egyptian standards.The Red was pretty much undrinkable and the White barely so.Again this is not uncommon in AI packages,because it can be a significant cost mark up for the hotel in the overall price of the package.Accordingly many hotels now offer a separate Wine List from which you can purchase a bottle.If not totally used at your meal it is kept for you on your room Number and brought out for your next meal.Perhaps the PLR should consider this?
4) I agree with previous comments that the Hotel Policy of towels on sunbeds and then not being used is totally ignored by many guests.The hotel does not enforce its policy eventhough there are signs clearly displayed.Many comments are made about the Manager continually walking about observing things,but he does nothing about it!The basic reason is that the hotel does not wish to offend any guest and therefore the practice will continue and in reality there is no policy!
5) Between April to October the Pool Bar is in operation and is where the main entertainment takes place of an evening.At these times the Long Bar is somewhat deserted and it is a bit like having a drink in a Museum.Perhaps some additional entertainment here as well might not be a bad idea?
To be honest non of the above were "holiday breakers" by any means but in my view just took a little off the edge of the five stars.No matter what I have said about service standards the folks here work tirelessly and long hours to do their best for you.So if you do decide to go just take some single US Dollar Bills and hand them out now and again as they truly deserve it!
So would I recommend and would I go again? Yes I would recommend without hesitation and I am sure that you will have a lovely time and enjoy yourseleves thoroughly.Would I return ? No as I like other holiday experiences but if any place could tempt me back it would be the PLR but possibly just for one week.
I do wish the PLR the best of luck for the future as with all the effort they put in they deserve to succeed.However a time will come when all those empty hotel spaces around them will get filled up by competitors and they will have to fight much harder to protect their market share and holiday product.At present the hotel is working well within its comfort zone.To help them for the future what they need is good constructive criticism and feedback not all the hype and "lovey dovey" stuff which seems to get printed!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
12 Thank gardenmanCardiff
Zoetermeer
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

My wife and I just returned from a two week stay at the Premier le Reve hotel in Sahl Hasheesh and we loved it.
It is by far the best hotel we have stayed in, in Egypt……..and we will be back!

- Service, the service is outstanding. One big compliment to all the staff, in the bars, the restaurants, the pool area, the beach, cleaning, lobby, reception, all are friendly and walk around with a smile.

- Room, we stayed in a deluxe room (2403) which is comfortable, spacious, clean, great views of the pool and sea…..very good bed and a large bathroom with separate bath and shower. One note, please put new shower gel and shampoo in the room every day. We didn’t bring our own, unfortunately had to call the reception every other day to refill.

- Food, WOW!!!….we have been to Egypt 7 times and this was exceptional food. The main restaurant and all a la carte serve excellent food, great variety, everything you can wish for (see my pictures)

- Pool area, very nice, two very nice pools, bit to crowded for us, so we stayed at the beach most of the time

- Beach, very nice, lot’s of space to move your chair around, whether you want to stay in the sun all day or in the shade

- Drinks, great choice of drinks and talk about service, drinks are served at the beach and pool, every 30min or so you have somebody come over and ask if you want something to drink.

- Reef, the reef in front of the hotel is protected, so no direct access, you need to go in through the jetty but it is worth it…..the reef between the two jetties is approx. 700 meters long and one of the best I have seen in Egypt. Fish in all size and colours, turtles, rays, eels, it is beautiful. Don’t snorkel just near the jetty, go from jetty to jetty and you will see some amazing things.

- Entertainment, we have been to hotels where the recreation team tries to entertain you all day, not really our thing….how different was this trip, live music and quiz by Pete (backup Biddy) and we loved it……www.petebutlermusic.com

I want to mention some minor stuff, which didn’t affect our stay!!!

- If you take a closer look at the room, you see it needs some ‘refreshing’, some touch-up, not sure if that has been done since the opening, plus the sealing in the shower area is clumsy, not 5* hotel

- I don’t understand the executive lounge? why not combine this with the lobby bar, create one big bar and one big outside terras

- this hotel is 24x7 ultra all inclusive, yet the drinks menu has 3 of 4 pages of drinks that are not included. we paid significantly more for this hotel than any other hotel we have been to in Egypt, so I expected all in to be all in.

I could go on and on and on but just go and experience this hotel yourself and you will love it.

1 Thank Peter H
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

My wife and I have just returned from a very relaxing holiday with 6 friends we met at the PLR.we had a great time at a great hotel.This was our 4th time at the PLR and it gets better and better. Special thanks to Mr Foquet to Mr Ibraham and Mr AMR BoGHDady and his reception staff for all there help and assistance. Every where in the hotel is spotlessly clean fully carpeted (so no room noise at all) like high heel shoes above you,!!!!! . All the staff from top management down can't do enough for you ,the food in all restaurants is of excellent quality ,and the service is brilliant .special mention to Hami the pool waiter who never leaves you with out a drink (witch you need in 40c heat) and his Side kick Carlos who every body seems to know. Also thanks to Al drinks waiter in reception , a very pleasant young man , our cleaners in room 1516 were very good the first went on vacation and his replacement was just as good. The mini bar was restocked every day and the bedding was change every day. And a big thank you to Emad our waiter in the main restaurant who seemed to know what we wanted before we did. On arrival at the hotel every body is welcomed by Mr Foquet the Manager (what a gentle , gentleman he is)we were checked in with in minutes in our room with our luggage one minute behind us. Every thing in this hotel is first class and defanatly is 5 star .This was our 4th stay at the PLR we can't wait for our 5th in December . I would say there are 60%of guests who return time after time to the PLR it's that good. I celebrated my birthday whilst I was there I could not have been treated better if I'd been royalty . Just one problem please be aware that on entering Hurghada airport you have to pay for entry visa ,even if you are not travelling out of resort .Last October the entry fee was 13£ on May 16th 2014it varied between 13£ to 20£ . Could someone out there please explain to all travellers what is going on at this airport. This will put people off coming to Hurghada when it is free to fly to Sharm El Sheikh We notified Management at the PLR and they we will look into the problem.

Room Tip: High floor if possible for the view