“"Still the best"”

Premier Le Reve Hotel & Spa (Adults Only)
Ranked #2 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Leeds, United Kingdom
“"Still the best"”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I have just finished my second visit to Premier LE Reve and I know the saying goes not to go to the same place twice as it is never the same as when you went for the first time, but the LE Reve bucks that trend. This place truly is the closest thing to paradise on earth. Has you will have read from other reviews, everything about this place oozes class and quality so I won't repeat what others and I previously have said about the hotel, the food, the location, the spa, the weather, and also the guests are all top notch, you will be hard pressed to better what you find at the LE Reve.
What I will mention though is "The Staff" the word that springs to mind is Relentless! The management teams attention to detail is amazing, from the ops manager Fouquet who truly is a class apart, a true gent who seems to care about all that stay at his hotel with his daily walks around the ground talking everyone and i mean everyone. Holly the English assistant manager that will go to any length to find any opportunity to improve your LE Reve experience. Ibrahim the F&B manager, he never seems to go to sleep, and is probably the only person I know that seems to be in two places at once.
But the people that truly make the LE Reve experience so special are all the troops that work in the bars, restaurants, house keeping, and pool areas. You know who you all are but here's a mention to just a few of the true stars that will make your stay unforgettable:-
Melad- It still takes my breath away how much graft you get through, I never had empty glass
Carlos- Same as Melad, but with a corny cockney accent.
Abdo- Amazing waiter a true gent.
Mr Sahal- Another who never seems to sleep.
Mohammad - seemed to know the drink of ever guest.
Abdel - Never sits down always on the go constantly picking up after everyone.
Eslam - The new kid on the block, been there only a month but what a genuine guy, again there was never an empty glass in the lobby bar.
Biddi & Pete - The entertainment team, fantastically entertaining who go to great lengths to make sure the right level of ambience is maintained through singing and playing songs from all genres.

They say what stops a good company becoming great is that they try so hard to be just being good and going through the motions. This is definitely not the case at LE Reve as you always leave there planning how quick you can return, a perfect bench mark of what a great hotel should feel and look like and what others should aspire to. So if what I and others have written hasn't convinced you to book, then nothing ever will? If it has? get the credit card out and get it booked, I will guarantee it will be money well spent.

See you all AGAIN very soon.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Mark B
GMLER, General Manager at Premier Le Reve Hotel & Spa (Adults Only), responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Mark B,
Thank you for choosing Premier Le Reve for your recent holiday and for taking the time to write an excellent review of our hotel. We are entirely committed to delivering the perfect holiday experience through providing an excellent service, and it is fantastic for us to read you thought that we achieved this again. We sincerely appreciate your wonderful comments and feedback about our hotel, it is our greatest reward when we receive comments like these. All of your praise has been passed onto the staff which will continue to motivate the entire team.
It was our pleasure to welcome you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Le Reve.

Email:gm_ler@premieregypthotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,386)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Quality levels remain high at PLR.....if you are planning your first visit rest assured you will have a great time.
Mr Fouquet, Holly and the team (special mentions to Carlos and Hanni for their excellent service) ensure your every need is catered for.
Food quality is superb in both the main and a la carte restaurants......never queue for food even on gala night.
Sun beds readily available until 10am.
Entertainment during the day / night could do with a refresh.

excellent break....... Take note entry visa is now £19 upon arrival.

Room Tip: Pools facing outside the hotel benefit from early evening sunsets
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank MrW18
Dear MrW18 ,
Thank you for choosing Premier Le Reve to return to for your third holiday and for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so pleased to read you had another great holiday with us and we thank you for your wonderful comments about our food and staff. We would love to know how to get a 5 out of 5 score from you, so if you have something in mind or any ideas or suggestions for us, please email us on the email address below.

Tiverton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

If you really want to be pampered, this is the Hotel & Spa for you, we have just returned from a very enjoyable stay. The food was first class, and the service from all staff second to none, always smiling and so willing to help in all ways possible. the whole area of the hotel inside and out was spotlessly clean at all times.
We have stayed in hotels all over the world including Las Vegas and found Premier Le Reve on a par with the best. We are now looking forward to our next years holiday and will certainly return to PLR.
We will next year fly direct to Hurghada, and not as this year fly into Luxor for a 2 centre holiday, having a week on the Legacy for a Nile cruise, which again was excellent, good food and first class service by the attentive staff on board highly recommended, and very good value for money.

But the journey from Luxor to Hurghada ( 5 hours each way ) was most uncomfortable and torturous, that was the blight on what otherwise was a perfect holiday.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank William A John H
GMLER, General Manager at Premier Le Reve Hotel & Spa (Adults Only), responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear William A John H ,
Thank you for choosing Premier Le Reve for your recent holiday and for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to relax after the Nile Cruise. We sincerely appreciate your comments regarding our food, staff and the cleanliness. It was our pleasure to welcome you and we look forward to welcoming you back next year to Premier Le Reve.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

We spent our first coupla days of our honeymoon thr and i was extremely hard for any other
hotel in our trip to cope or even b close to wt we had in PLR, food was amazing, people r extremely nice and helpful, everything is very clean n food was perfect....its simply wt we hoped for I absolutely recommend for a quite peaceful honeymoon ;)

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Emad B
Dear Emad B,
Thank you for choosing Premier Le Reve to celebrate such a special occasion and for taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted that you had a wonderful Honeymoon. It was our pleasure to welcome you and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Le Reve.
We wish you all the best and happiness in your new marriage.

Essex
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Where to start.........This was an 11 day stay.
I have never visited Egypt before and had no real inclination to go, but after a recommendation from my local travel agent decided to give it a go.
I am so glad I did. Like most people now we looked at trip advisor and in the main the reviews were good, so we were expecting quite a lot.
I went with my wife and we are both in our 40's. I will try to split this up to make it easy to read, so here we go......
Airport
My god what an experience, lots of shouting moving about and waiting to get through the airport, but we survived it. The return journey was worse, but it is what it is....
Transfer
Nice and simple, good journey, excellent rep from thomson (Mohammed)
Hotel
Mr fouquet, the operations manager was one of the most honest and caring men I think I have ever met. Nothing was too much trouble and he walked around regular each day to speak with guest and deal with any problems. The standard room was out of this world size wise and had all mod cons, large bathroom king size bed and good standard of decoration.
Staff
The staff there were fantastic , Hani, who use to top us up with drinks all day. Mohammed, Abd Rahman, Amr, Carlos at the pool bar and abdo on the beach. You couldn't have met a nicer bunch of young guys.
Holly the new deputy manager was also excellent and took time out of her day to stop and chat. She even came round the guests to see if there was anyway they hotel could improve the buffet.
The restaurants were amazing, the buffet, the Italian, and the Asian. We never ate in the fish restaurant or sushi, so I cannot comment on those.
Even the pool side restaurant( lunchtime) was excellent and the staff were all very helpful, Ahmed especially.
Drinks
I do like my drink and can honestly say the beer (Stella ) was very drinkable, the vodka and orange weren't bad, but I would normally drink brandy or gin. The spirits are a bit rough and if I had one observation it would be to provide international branded drinks in the all inclusive at no extra charge. This would put the hotel on a par with some that I have paid double the price for.
Entertainment
The entertainment was mostly provided by Pete and biddy, who worked really hard to provide quizzes, music and general activities during the day and evenings. Both of them worked really hard and made our evenings thank you both.
A comment was made that the British put their faith in the hotel and the staff when the media were portraying Egypt as a no go zone.
Let me assure you that the staff were some of the nicest people I have ever met and should you be lucky enough to visit, enjoy Egypt and the wonderful staff at Premier Le Reve, thank you Mr Fouquet

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank EssexPinch
Dear EssexPinch,
Thank you for choosing Premier Le Reve for your recent holiday and for taking the time to write an excellent review about our hotel. We are entirely committed to delivering the perfect holiday experience through providing an excellent service so we are so pleased to read the staff achieved this for you. We would like to thank you for all of your fantastic comments and we are delighted to read such a wonderful and detailed review. All of your feedback has been passed to the entire team and your praise has been greatly appreciated. It was our pleasure to welcome you and we look forward to your next visit to Premier Le Reve.

bucks
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Two fantastic weeks at the PLR.this being my third visit. Still exceptional in every aspect and it shows in the number of returning guests.Gala night, buffet restaurant and A La Carte Restaurants are superb, all credit to the chefs. Mr Fouquet and all his staff are amazing they work so hard and such lovely people. Rooms are big and spacious with separate shower. A BIG thank you to everyone at the PLR for making my holiday so enjoyable. Look forward to seeing you all in OCTOBER 2014. xx

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank orchard8
GMLER, General Manager at Premier Le Reve Hotel & Spa (Adults Only), responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Orchard8,
Thank you for returning to Premier Le Reve, we are pleased to read you had another fantastic holiday with us. We sincerely appreciate your excellent review and all of your lovely comments and feedback has been passed to the team. It was our please to welcome you back again and we look forward to welcoming you back in October for another great holiday with us.

Cardiff
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This review is written on the back of a recent two week stay.In booking the holiday I was heavily influenced by the consistently high scores and reviews on TA.I would have to say that whilst I agree with most of them I do feel that far too much "hype"has been written and perhaps not enough constructive criticism and feedback.
The PLR delivers a high Spec AI package and which is excellent value for money.It ranks amongst the top hotels on the Red Sea.It has a large Fan Club and much repeat business and which is understandable.It is possible to get a higher AI Spec eg 24 hour AI in Mexico or the Carribean.This however would be a different holiday product altogether and would cost considerably more-so excellent VFM at the PLR.
The hotel operates a highly visible "hands on" management style to maintain its standards.The grounds and amenity areas are all meticulously maintained..The staff are attentive courteous and very obliging.The concierge service and room cleaning are conducted to very good standards.The cleanliness in particular is to be commended in terms of both general and food hygene standards.To be honest I found them a great deal higher than many establishments I have frequented in the UK!
Therefore in all I would rate the hotel highly and it has a lot going for it.I would have to say however that there were also a few downsides:
1) Service standards in general are very good,however I did find the service standards in the main Buffet Restaurant to be very "Hit and Miss".In my experience and from what I observed more miss than hit.A great deal depended upon what time you sat down and within whose"zone" you were seated.In a Buffet set up the diners do most of the work themselves,however I found myself and observed others chasing after waiters for various things that should have already been provided at the table.
2) The food quality in the main is very good.However in a two week stay the food choice can be a bit repetitive (second week same as the first).In fairness to the PLR that I find is common to most AI packages.To counter this the hotel does offer other bookable dining options.These however are at a surcharge apart from the Chinese and the Italian.I tried both these on two occaissons just in case I was unlucky first time around,sadly it was not the case.The Chinese offers a very limited choice with poor service and quality.The Italian offers a better choice but the steaks were tough and scraggy beyond belief.I sent mine back on both meals and observed the table next to me doing so as well.
3) I am no Wine Buff by any means but would have to say that the wine on offer was particularly ropey even by Egyptian standards.The Red was pretty much undrinkable and the White barely so.Again this is not uncommon in AI packages,because it can be a significant cost mark up for the hotel in the overall price of the package.Accordingly many hotels now offer a separate Wine List from which you can purchase a bottle.If not totally used at your meal it is kept for you on your room Number and brought out for your next meal.Perhaps the PLR should consider this?
4) I agree with previous comments that the Hotel Policy of towels on sunbeds and then not being used is totally ignored by many guests.The hotel does not enforce its policy eventhough there are signs clearly displayed.Many comments are made about the Manager continually walking about observing things,but he does nothing about it!The basic reason is that the hotel does not wish to offend any guest and therefore the practice will continue and in reality there is no policy!
5) Between April to October the Pool Bar is in operation and is where the main entertainment takes place of an evening.At these times the Long Bar is somewhat deserted and it is a bit like having a drink in a Museum.Perhaps some additional entertainment here as well might not be a bad idea?
To be honest non of the above were "holiday breakers" by any means but in my view just took a little off the edge of the five stars.No matter what I have said about service standards the folks here work tirelessly and long hours to do their best for you.So if you do decide to go just take some single US Dollar Bills and hand them out now and again as they truly deserve it!
So would I recommend and would I go again? Yes I would recommend without hesitation and I am sure that you will have a lovely time and enjoy yourseleves thoroughly.Would I return ? No as I like other holiday experiences but if any place could tempt me back it would be the PLR but possibly just for one week.
I do wish the PLR the best of luck for the future as with all the effort they put in they deserve to succeed.However a time will come when all those empty hotel spaces around them will get filled up by competitors and they will have to fight much harder to protect their market share and holiday product.At present the hotel is working well within its comfort zone.To help them for the future what they need is good constructive criticism and feedback not all the hype and "lovey dovey" stuff which seems to get printed!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo