We have recently returned from our 3rd visit to PLR. Overall we had a very enjoyable stay and returned to the UK feeling relaxed and refreshed. There were many examples of the excellent service and facilities on offer at the hotel, the bedroom was well furnished, the air conditioning effective and the standard of room cleaning exceptional, however I would add that the shower and bath facilities were looking a little tired and the shower head had definitely seen better days.
The pool areas were well maintained and in general there were enough sunbeds and sun umbrellas to go round, (although it doesn't help when some people believe they should have their own umbrella as opposed to sharing between two!!).
Clearly efforts have been made to add more entertainment into the weekly programme, than in previous years, and in general this was to a good standard.
However we did notice that some aspects of service delivery were not as good as they have been in previous years. Key areas where standards appear to have slipped are in the pool drinks service (I am referring to the service from the waiters who service those holiday makers who are sunbathing, not to the service from those permanently stationed in the bar itself). Secondly the standard of service from the waiters in the main buffet restaurant has definitely declined. On more than one occasion I waited so long for a drink that I went and helped myself, this was particularly noticeable at breakfast and lunchtimes.
The food choice was still very good, but even over a fortnight it did feel repetitive at times. The speciality restaurants have made some changes to their menus, which was nice to see, but unfortunately some of the changes were not for the better, e.g. an over fascination with polenta in the Italian Restaurant and a brave, but disastrous, attempt at duck pancakes in the Chinese Restaurant.
I have saved the two major concerns that we had to the end. Firstly an appeal to the waiter in the poolside restaurant who serves the lunches......Stop putting the plates down, counting to three and then removing the cloches to reveal the lunch!!!! .....I know what a pizza looks like!!!
It was probably funny the first time he tried it but believe me it would be more appropriate at a 5 year olds birthday tea!!
Secondly the award for most irksome staff member must go to the gentlemen from the Spa who clearly did not understand the meaning of the words "no thank you". Every day for 14 days he tried to sell us some sort of spa treatment. Somebody really needs to address this as it seems to be a fairly regular comment raised in reviews about the PLR.
But let's not end on a negative, the PLR continues to offer a great holiday atmosphere, but I fear an element of complacency is creeping in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in extensive landscaped grounds, this luxury hotel leads you from pool to beach to sea in one beautiful vista. With Sensimar Premier's unique Ultra All Inclusive standards, you can dine in one of seven different restaurants, enjoy a relaxing drink in numerous bars or swim and play in a choice of pools or on the private beach. Each evening entertainment is offered or spend some quality time in the hotel's spa facilities. This is affordable luxury in a superb Red Sea setting ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Cancelon so you can book your Sensimar Premier Le Reve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Le Reve Hotel And Spa
- Premier Le Reve Hotel Hurghada