My wife and I came to PLR for our honeymoon, 2 weeks to "switch off" and be together...PLR is perfect in nearly every aspect!!
STAFF - cannot say thank you enough, the team "make" this hotel exceptional....the spirit of quality customer service starts from management and eminates through every staff member....we loved having a chat and a joke with everyone from our room cleaner to the waiters (we also tipped the key players who went the extra mile consistently for us during our stay, to say thank you)
FOOD - unbelievable, won't repeat what has been said already...just make sure you use all your A la carte opportunities (Chinese, Italian, and seafood....all amazing quality from the expert chefs)
POOLS - I used the main chlorine pool to swim lengths most mornings and it is a great clean facility, the saltwater is also great for chilling, the other 2 small pools are nice too.
GYM - I like to train on holiday, as does my wife, the gym is great at PLR (smith machine with decent plates, dumbells 2 - 25kg, cable column, 2 adjustable benches, and a range of fixed machines and cardio kit - we used the gym most days but the aircon is NOT great sadly....so gym seshs are that much tougher!)
SPA - right, negotiate hard on massages - we used UK prices to knock down the ludicrous stated prices....very good therapist who was skilled and gave a decent 45 mins sports massage.
ROOMS - don't upgrade!! No need! Basic rooms are huge, clean and great beds...mini fridge is restocked with water bottled and fizzy drinks plus Milk and orange juice cartons....you just call if you need more as well.....can't see any reason to want a bigger, 'better' room (unless a free upgrade?!)... Also free wifi is not bad in the room (available in all hotel, free).
TRIPS - used Dolphin House based on the hotel beach to take my first dive ever with "pro divers corner" who are based near the hotel.....again, haggle a little and we got a fantastic day trip.
DONT take the hotel trip to hurghada marina (50
Mins one way on a small minibus one evening). We thought it wasn't worth our time, but guess we had to find out ourselves!)
OVERALL - if you want to feel like a star in glorious sunshine, switch off and relax (stay active in a decent gym also), and enjoy great food and be treated so very well by hard-working staff....PLR is the ticket and worth every penny (even with school hols prices!)
ONLY NEGATIVES - aircon was a little inconsistent due to the hotel generator appearing to struggle with demands during August heat, and our first 2 nights we had 3 hour periods of NO aircon in the room (across the whole hotel)...I emailed thomson and to be fair the issue seemed to get better instantly, as the hotel wants to keep its amazing reputation)...so this was rectified promptly.
Sadly, certain clientele from Eastern Europe who have no manners or awareness of courtesy and respect (for fellow guests OR staff)....on several occasions I had to bite my lip at their blatant rudeness and ignorance!! Rant over and NOT the hotels fault of course, just felt for some of the staff :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in extensive landscaped grounds, this luxury hotel leads you from pool to beach to sea in one beautiful vista. With Premier's unique Ultra All Inclusive standards, you can dine in one of seven different restaurants, enjoy a relaxing drink in numerous bars or swim and play in a choice of pools or on the private beach. Each evening entertainment is offered or spend some quality time in the hotel's spa facilities. This is affordable luxury in a superb Red Sea setting ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Booking.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Premier Le Reve Hotel & Spa (Adults Only) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Le Reve Hotel And Spa
- Premier Le Reve Hotel Hurghada