Stayed here for a week from June 6-13th with another couple. We usually stay in much larger hotels so it made a change to stay in a smaller one.
The resort of Sahl Hasheesh is very quiet and at first we were a bit concerned that we might get bored. Also, a lot of it is still a building site and we wondered if we'd end up with construction noise - not ideal on holiday. Neither was a cause for concern. I don't think we ever heard any work going on in the hotels under construction and the peace and quiet of the resort was bliss (only really appreciated after we picked up others for a trip at several hotels in Hurghada). There is plenty to do if you want to go out and find it, or you can just spend your time relaxing on the beach being served by the excellent staff of the hotel or dipping into the beautifully clear Red Sea.
We were waited on hand and foot during the holiday. The staff are all incredibly friendly and helpful and work really hard to make sure you have a good holiday (particular thanks to our lovely beach waiter who regularly arrived with a smile, a cheery word and fresh drinks and our towel guy who made our beds up for us).
The food, particularly the Chinese and Italian restaurant, was great with lots of variety. Also, because of the size of the hotel, it didn't feel like you were back in a school canteen which has sometimes been our experience with larger hotels. It was great to be able to sit outside and order lunch too.
And I can't end this review without saying a word about the manager, Tahar. All of our party was incredibly impressed by the fact he was constantly visible and went out of his way to chat with guests to make sure everything was going well on their holiday. He seemed to be around at all hours - never in your face but always checking to make sure the hotel guests were enjoying themselves. I can only say that he clearly lives and breathes customer service and his staff do the same. OK so sometimes it might take a while to get a drink when you're on the beach (the bar is quite far) but you know that the staff are clearly working their hardest. If there were a couple of suggestions to make they would be:
1) establish a bar on the beach so the poor waiters didn't have to run backwards and forwards to the hotel to get cocktails
2) for reception to keep a good chunk of smaller bills on hand so that customers who had been given large bills in their foreign exchange could easily change it up and be able to tip regularly in recognition of good service
3) it would be nice if the swimming pool area stayed open a little later so you could relax in the jacuzzi after leaving the beach
4) perhaps take another look at the evening entertainment which while highly amusing for our party (without it actually meaning to be) could definitely have been better (i.e. a singer who can actually sing!)
And for anyone going to this hotel, I would highly recommend tipping the staff - it doesn't have to be much. They do work very hard and will do their very best for you. They won't give bad service if you don't tip them but they do so very much appreciate the recognition of their hard work.
A final word - for those of you interested in diving, I would recommend going to Pro Divers Corner (on the hotel grounds). You will probably see Julianne (English lady) on the beach. She is not pushy at all and will enjoy just having a chat with you. In fact we chatted to her several times about her time in Egypt and it was only the day before we flew home that 3 of our party decided to do a trial dive. Their experience was absolutely brilliant and all wished they'd done it earlier in the week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On entering this charming hotel in Sahl Hasheesh, you will immediately sense its special intimate atmosphere that makes you feel like being in your own florentine home. Each detail has been passionately chosen and each room deserves a visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Premier Romance Boutique Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Romance Boutique Hotel Hurghada