“Brilliant holiday”

Premier Romance Boutique Hotel and Spa
Ranked #11 of 221 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed here for a week from June 6-13th with another couple. We usually stay in much larger hotels so it made a change to stay in a smaller one.
The resort of Sahl Hasheesh is very quiet and at first we were a bit concerned that we might get bored. Also, a lot of it is still a building site and we wondered if we'd end up with construction noise - not ideal on holiday. Neither was a cause for concern. I don't think we ever heard any work going on in the hotels under construction and the peace and quiet of the resort was bliss (only really appreciated after we picked up others for a trip at several hotels in Hurghada). There is plenty to do if you want to go out and find it, or you can just spend your time relaxing on the beach being served by the excellent staff of the hotel or dipping into the beautifully clear Red Sea.
We were waited on hand and foot during the holiday. The staff are all incredibly friendly and helpful and work really hard to make sure you have a good holiday (particular thanks to our lovely beach waiter who regularly arrived with a smile, a cheery word and fresh drinks and our towel guy who made our beds up for us).
The food, particularly the Chinese and Italian restaurant, was great with lots of variety. Also, because of the size of the hotel, it didn't feel like you were back in a school canteen which has sometimes been our experience with larger hotels. It was great to be able to sit outside and order lunch too.
And I can't end this review without saying a word about the manager, Tahar. All of our party was incredibly impressed by the fact he was constantly visible and went out of his way to chat with guests to make sure everything was going well on their holiday. He seemed to be around at all hours - never in your face but always checking to make sure the hotel guests were enjoying themselves. I can only say that he clearly lives and breathes customer service and his staff do the same. OK so sometimes it might take a while to get a drink when you're on the beach (the bar is quite far) but you know that the staff are clearly working their hardest. If there were a couple of suggestions to make they would be:
1) establish a bar on the beach so the poor waiters didn't have to run backwards and forwards to the hotel to get cocktails
2) for reception to keep a good chunk of smaller bills on hand so that customers who had been given large bills in their foreign exchange could easily change it up and be able to tip regularly in recognition of good service
3) it would be nice if the swimming pool area stayed open a little later so you could relax in the jacuzzi after leaving the beach
4) perhaps take another look at the evening entertainment which while highly amusing for our party (without it actually meaning to be) could definitely have been better (i.e. a singer who can actually sing!)
And for anyone going to this hotel, I would highly recommend tipping the staff - it doesn't have to be much. They do work very hard and will do their very best for you. They won't give bad service if you don't tip them but they do so very much appreciate the recognition of their hard work.
A final word - for those of you interested in diving, I would recommend going to Pro Divers Corner (on the hotel grounds). You will probably see Julianne (English lady) on the beach. She is not pushy at all and will enjoy just having a chat with you. In fact we chatted to her several times about her time in Egypt and it was only the day before we flew home that 3 of our party decided to do a trial dive. Their experience was absolutely brilliant and all wished they'd done it earlier in the week.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MelBBishopsStortford
Mohamed S, General Manager at Premier Romance Boutique Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Greetings from The Premier Romance Boutique Hotel & Spa Sahl Hasheesh!
Thank you for taking the time to review and for having chosen Premier Romance as your home for your recent vacation. As part of our continued ambition to improve guest services at the hotel, your feedback is invaluable to us. I was naturally delighted to learn that you enjoyed your experience at the resort and I have shared your kind comments with the team.
Thank you once again for your continuous support and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Premier Romance Sahl Hasheesh in the not too distant future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,571)

Reviewed 21 June 2014

A lot of what I want to say has already been said, but I wanted to reiterate it myself. I work in a service based industry myself, not hospitality or anything hotel related, but in an industry which people will readily point out faults. I mention this because it leaves me well equipped to find fault in service I receive. At the Premier Romance I could find nothing wrong. Taher, the customer service manager spoke to us daily and made sure everything was to our liking. He has impeccable standards and a great eye for detail, and ensures that his staff follow in the same vain. He also genuinely cares about his role there, and it shows in the service you receive. Because it is a smaller hotel it has a very personal feel, and everybody knows your name and greets you with a smile, all the staff make it feel special and welcoming, and they too really seem to care and want you to enjoy your stay. Ahmed, our drinks waiter on the private beach, which is excellent by the way, always greeted us with drinks already made and he again couldn't do enough for us, and was always laughing and joking with us, I cannot thank him enough for making our stay excellent, as well as Haytham who danced and sang with us whenever possible, as well as serving us dinner and looking after us with a level of service I haven't experienced in any 5 star hotels in the uk. This place was paradise to us, the rooms are excellent, the hotel is very well appointed and maintained, and all the staff there ensure you get a holiday you cannot fail to enjoy. I would recommend it to my own mother and all my family and friends, truly excellent hotel, and my thanks again to Taher and his colleagues, they make this hotel somewhere I want to go back to.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel. Thank you for mentioning the names of team members who provided you with moments of delight. We are pleased that you have carried back fond memories of your stay with us. We look forward to many more visits.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here from 13th to 20th September. We arrived at 10.00pm to be told to sit in the lounge and we were given a welcome drink which tasted like vinegar. After 20 minutes my husband had to go to reception to sort out our check in. We were shown to our room on the 3rd floor and it was well appointed and spotlessly clean. We had only been in the room for a short time when the air conditioning broke and eventually it was sorted for it to breakdown again the following morning and another 3 subsequent times but it was fixed and no other problems.

The beach area is lovely and like previous reviews the guys on the beach work hard, are very friendly and attentive.

On the whole the staff were very good and polite but our major gripe is in connection with the food. We felt that the main restaurant was too dark, the food was certainly not 5 star standard. I do not want to see frozen chips being thrown in a vat of hot oil on the cooking station in front of guests. The food was not seasoned and although we are not fussy eaters just felt it was a major let down. One lunch time 4 tables had been vacated but they had not been cleared and reset. The wine is served by the glass and we were sick of seeing plastic water bottles been carried about by the waiters and then asking if you want a refill.

Also when offered water whether it be by the pool or on the beach I do not expect to drink out of a bottle what is wrong in being offered a glass or even a plastic glass come to think of it.

We dined at the Chinese restaurant and it was good and was lovely to have waiter service.

When ordering a drink whether it be by the pool or in one of the lounges the waiters had to go to the main bar to get these for you when each lounge/pool had a bar within its location.

My husband went to the farewell meeting and was told that as a thank you our room could be kept on until 5.00pm on the Friday which is a very nice touch and not all hotels offer this.

When we did vacate our room and I asked for a coffee I was given a cup and saucer, a jug of hot water and milk and 2 sachets of Nescafe instant coffee..come on this is supposed to be a 5 star hotel surely guests should not have to make their own drinks.

The Hotel Manager was away on vacation so therefore Mr Tahar took over who was very nice and constantly walking round the hotel chatting to guests.

On the whole this hotel does have a lot of potential they just need to step up a gear. Last November we had already booked to stay here for 2 weeks in September of this year I am so glad that we have tried it out for a week as we will not be returning so much so this afternoon our booking has been transferred to another destination.

Room Tip: 3rd Floor room
3  Thank BLTN477
Mohamed S, General Manager at Premier Romance Boutique Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.
We are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; we do not claim to be perfect, it is our guests who judge us and we always strive to upgrade our services level and keep an excellent value.
We would like to welcome you back to experience our true hospitality.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Just returned from a 2 week holiday & couldn't have been more pleased with the hotel. Previously stayed in sharm approx 6 times & this far out ways it. Luxury from start to finish, the management and staff couldn't do enough for you & hats off especially to the beach boys catering to your every whim in 100o heat. This hotel is definitely Egyptian 5 star luxury! Hoping to return later this year.

2  Thank Sharon J
Mohamed S, General Manager at Premier Romance Boutique Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. The team and I are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and are pleased to hear that you will return again in the future.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Just returned from holiday at this fantastic hotel and spa. Yes it is as good everyone says it is.
The manager Mr Mohamed,makes everyone feel important and goes out of his way to make sure everything runs smooth but after being there a week Mr Mohamed went on vacation himself did that cause problems no Mr Taher took over and made sure that the second week was as good as the first. The staff here cannot do enough for you room cieaner, waiters,pool and beach staff well i
could go on and on the best way to see it is go yourself . Would i go again try to stop me special thanks to sas, reeve,adham,alla Will see you all again soon.. Mr Jimmy+Val

Room Tip: All rooms at the front have sea views
7  Thank duke-jimmy
Mohamed S, General Manager at Premier Romance Boutique Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear guest,

I would like to express my sincere gratitude for your motivating feedback and encouraging Tripadvisor readers to book for their holidays at Premier Romance. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and its facilities on account of the hard working of our team members and given attention to detail which continued throughout your stay. We look forward to many visits.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We spent two very enjoyable weeks at this hotel from 9th to 23rd May. So much has already been said about what an excellent hotel this is, so we do not intend to repeat much of this.

However, we do have the following comments to make that we hope will give prospective guests some insight. The staff are great, very hard-working and so friendly they soon become friends. It does seem though that the hotel could do with some more of these guys as the waiting time for service in some areas was not acceptable for a five star hotel.

The rooms were large, kept very clean and totally acceptable. Sheets and towels were changed daily.

The food was generally adequate without being very exciting. The meat was not top quality often containing gristle and fat. But we have found the standard of food in several five star hotels in Egypt is not the same as in European hotels. But all the staff try so hard to please one can forgive some small problems.

Because the hotel only has 79 rooms the entertainment budget is very small, but if you have done your research you will appreciate this is a calm, relaxing holiday that has you talking to people and making friends with them. We made friends with several English and German couples. There seemed to be three countries well represented while we were there, the English, the Germans and the Russians.

The pool we never used as it was small and cold, but with the capability of walking into the very calm sea, swimming, snorkelling, and seeing a variety of fish, the beach was the place for us!

This resort is still being developed so there are many part-finished buildings, and very little entertainment outside the hotel, but if you like walking there is a four kilometre walk to the Premier Le Reve hotel one way or a 600 metre walk to the Russian holiday resort the opposite way, enjoying a walk along the pier on the way.

Would we return? Most definitely - the beach, the sea, the weather, the brilliant staff and the so approachable general manager, Mohamed Saeed, will ensure you have a holiday to remember!

Now for two gripes, neither to do with the hotel, both to do with Thomson: our plane, a 757-200 series, had the seats with so little pitch that I, a 5'10, 14 stone male, had my knees jammed against the seat in front, and could only just get my hips into the seat. I was not impressed, having previously travelled with them on their 737-800 planes which have more leg and hip room! My second complaint is when arriving at Hurghada airport, one has to purchase a visa (why when one does not for Sharm?), and Thomson/First Choice have signs directing one to there stalls, where each individual is charged £19 for a visa stamped at $15 in ones passport. Come on Thomson, treat your customers properly. As a couple who have supported Thomson for more than a decade, without any acknowledgement or thanks from them, we are fed up with their couldn't care less, complacent attitude to their customers and will be looking to other organisations to provide our regular holidays abroad.

Finally, Hurghada Airport is a nightmare. It needs enlarging and bringing up to date to cater for the number of passengers it now deals with. The queues to check in are horrendous; the toilets are disgusting and there are lots of traders selling tat and hassling you to buy!!

Room Tip: The all have sea views but the ones with the lower numbers have a more direct view e.g. 1208 is look...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank BFL1946

Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Premier Romance Boutique Hotel & Spa Sahl Hasheesh.
I would also like to thank you for your kind and encouraging words pertaining to the excellent performances of the team members, which I will gladly share with them.

I am delighted to know that you did enjoy the direct access to of the best beaches in Egypt crystal blue water of the Red Sea with its astonishing underwater world.
We do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to showcase our true hospitality.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Every thing is excellent in this hotel . Location, view, food, staff, cleanliness, relaxation. I advice any one need to regain his health quality , his energy , and regain his love to the maximum with his partner to go there.

5  Thank Eslam A
Mohamed S, General Manager at Premier Romance Boutique Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you amongst us in paradise. On behalf of the entire team at the hotel, we are extremely pleased that you spent a memorable vacation in our home away from home. We sincerely look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future to experience The Premier Romance hospitality.