See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 June 2011

I feel compelled to write a review of this place, which I never do, after reading some negative comments. We've just returned from a fab holiday and would genuinely recommend to anyone thinking of going. The service was first class, with staff eager to please. The pool is lovely and with the weather so perfect while we were there, we enjoyed everyday by the pool, in the sun. We're looking to return next year with the rest of our family.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank kellyehealy
Reviewed 16 June 2011

Just returned from my second trip of the year to this complex. I first came here in Jan of this year, and had a fantastic time. We have just returned, and as previous, had a fantastic time here. It is everything you need for the perfect relaxing break. If you need the night life, there is more than enough bars and restaurants, just a taxi drive away, at Hurghada Marina, and Sekalla. But it is always nice to return back to the relaxing atmosphere of Sunset Pearl. As previous, all the staff were very helpful, and very polite. The resort is imacculate, as you would expect it to be. Our apartment, had everything you could wish for, and was of the highest standard.
Thank you once again for a fantastic Holiday. We will be back again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jamesalle
Reviewed 14 June 2011

stayed here in a ground floor apartment, after reading some bad reviews on trip advisor i was sceptical about going but although the complex is only just finished and taking into account the problems in egypt lately was the reason it was quiet. but the place is gorgeous and the pool area is really nice. we got talking to a couple who had bought there and they explained all about saahl hasheesh and when the whole complex is finished it will be amazin! my husband loved the snorkelling and the sea is stunning. don't listen to the bad reviews as the place is lovely. cant wait to go again.

Room Tip: ground floor garden as nearer to the pools
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank josiemont
Reviewed 30 May 2011

I love Egypt and havenever been disappointed in holidays there. This hotel however is not yet finished and show not be taking payments from guests until it is. We arrived late one evening with 2 yound children and were taken to our room. We thought it wa a mistake because the kitchen still had plaster everywhere, the ground floor appartment has no curtains, kitchen was completely empty off cooking utencils, bathroom had plaster and toilet was dirty, Looks didn;t work and there was no safe and no additional bedding for children. We were shown to aother room to wait whilst they rectified all the things that were bot ready. No bar, restaurant, shops on site were open and it was only 7pm. We would come back some days & the door would be wide open by the cleaner, we were given a safe but it was not attached to anything, so I'm not sure what the purpose of it was. I've never been so glad to leave a hotel and head home as I have this one.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank max_lk
wellstives, Manager at Pyramisa Sunset Pearl Apartments Hurghada, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our apartments at Sunset Pearl and I am really sorry to hear of the problems you encountered on resort.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortcomings that you encountered as we work very hard to ensure all our guests are completely satisfied with their holiday and we obviously fell short of our normal standards on this occasion.

I notice that your stay was back in January 2011 and since then we have put new procedures in place to ensure that apartments allocated to guests are absolutely perfect in terms of decor and facilities and amenities which will mean what happened with yourself will not happen again.

Sunset Pearl is a new resort as is Sahl Hasheesh as a destination and there have been some teething problems during the initial opening phases. These problems have now been eliminated though as the resort is fully operational.

I can only apologise again for the standard of accommodation received and I can assure you that this will not reoccur should you wish to return to Sahl Hasheesh. Thanks again for your comments as its only with such comments that we can improve on the servcies we offer.

Reviewed 24 January 2011

Don't listen to the review saying about building work etc. The building work that is going on is not in the resort complex and there are some shops/restaurants within walking distance of the apartments (although not many at present). We wanted a quiet relaxing stay with our two young children and that's exactly what we got.

Sahl Hasheesh is taking shape as a resort and in years to come will be a truly magnificent location but if you want shops restaurants bars etc on your doorstep go to Hurghada. We had no problem getting a taxi which took 15 mins and cost a few punds into Hurghada for a change of scenery (which is beautiful across the bay of Sahl Hasheesh by the way) and went to a couple of restaurants there where we had very good and very reasonable meals.

All in all it was exactly what we were looking for and I will definatley be going back.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank supermurt
wellstives, Manager at Pyramisa Sunset Pearl Apartments Hurghada, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and I am delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us at Sunset Pearl Apartments.
We pride ourselves on offering a quality product in a stunning location on the Red Sea and its good to know that we met your expectations.
Recently a Chinese an Indian and an Italian restaurant have opened up just 10 minutes stroll from the apartments. You can also find a coffee shop and an ice cream shop here which gives you some variety if you don't want to self cater or use the restaurant at Sunset Pearl apartments.

Thanks again for your positive comments we appreciate it and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.