“Highlight of our holiday”

Horse Riding Hurghada
Ranked #55 of 237 Outdoor Activities in Hurghada
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Charlotte has been working with horses in Hurghada for the last 12 years and has now teamed up with Jo, also from the UK to work on an exciting new project. Combining the rehabilitation of neglected horses and sharing the pleasures of the Eastern Desert with riders of all abilities and ages. Riding our beautiful Arabian cross horses in the spectacular scenery of the Eastern Desert is a life enhancing experience. We have horses for all levels, from complete beginners to professional riders, and everything in between! We have several child-friendly ponies so children are welcome. Normally, trips last from one to two hours, but we can arrange tailor-made full, half-day or overnight safaris to the mountains 20 kms away. We can also provide riding lessons if required. Safety is a priority with us so our equipment is of European standard including riding hats. Animal welfare is also a top priority. All our horses are well treated, well fed and happy!
Wiesbaden, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Highlight of our holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Parents and kids (8 & 6) had a lovely morning riding to the beach and back. The kids were raving about it for a long time afterwards. It was very reassuring to have Charlotte come to pick us up and drive us to the stables. Our guides were very helpful and gave the kids tips on how to improve their technique. We had so much fun with the horses in the sea as my horse loved splashing us all!

2 Thank AmyA693

• Polish first
Dar es Salaam
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Absolute delight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

After the dive trip one needs to wait before the flight and this is the place to go in Hurghada! Personnel is great and British ladies just fabulous. There is something for everyone. Animals are well kept, obviously happy, well fed, well groomed and well mannered. All equipment ( saddles bridles etc) in good condition and fitting to animal. (For instance no marks on backs from ill fitting saddles indicating bad horseman ship).
Our group had several people, and all were well entertained. We had few first time in their life on horseback and they really enjoyed. They even galloped!! And were SOOOOO HAPPYY!!!
Also others, who did not dare to try riding, were enjoying the walk in forest and the life at stable. Adventures of the cats, dogs, and especially the gang of the donkey, sheep and the goat. And of course the foal galloping around the mommy. It was great to follow the training of the bigger foal too.
Horse given for more experienced was exactly what asked for, speedy, but easily manageable. Did what was asked, stayed calm, when needed, reacted, when allowed to go with full speed. Most importantly: Slowed down when requested with ease ( already with “putting more weight on saddle”) from gallop to canter. No pulling of mouth needed. On touristic places like Hurghada you normally get either lazy ones or those crazy ones, who do not listen at all.
Absolute delight trip for all and highlight of the Hurgahda for the ones dreaming of full gallop in desert!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank PeacockDSM
carinaegypt, Owner at Horse Riding Hurghada, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Many thanks for your stellar review. We are really glad you all had such a great time. I enjoyed flying about the desert with you and hope we can do it again one day!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Must do when in Hurghada”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

This is a must. Charlotte picked us up took us to the fab stables. Kitted us out and showed us round whilst the horses were tacked up. We went across the desert then for a paddle in the sea. Horses are all very well looked after and they cater for all. Good value and Jo and Charlotte are great. Cant wait to go back. All the best ladies and keep up the fab work..Trace and Chris..x

1 Thank Tfitzpell
carinaegypt, Owner at Horse Riding Hurghada, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thanks so much. Glad you enjoyed it.. you are so quick off the mark I haven't yet posted any pix of you in the sea. Will get them up soon. Chris ( first time on a horse ) was a trooper!
Cairo, Egypt
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Riding in the desert at sunset”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

I found this activity in Things to do in Hurghada on Tripadvisor and I am so glad I did! I really missed riding since I moved to the city and riding in the desert at sunset was amazing. We rode for 2 hours and scheduled it around sunset. My friend had no experience in riding, but Charlotte's horses were well trained and also, there was an experienced rider, Angelica, helping her out so she was in good hands. Charlotte took pictures of us riding and showed us a newborn horse. She has such a big heart for horses and her stories blew my mind. I admire her passion and all that she does to keep the farm for the animals. After our excursion, we were dropped off at our hotel. I wish we could have gone riding again during our stay in Hurghada. When I go back I will definitely organize my itinerary so that I can go riding every day during my stay. I would recommend this for all ages!

3 Thank ankim928
Hungerford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Completely made our trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

We had booked a 4 hour excursion through the desert for our first day in Hurghada. Jo picked us up early in the morning and took my girlfriend (an experienced rider) and I to the stable. Jo was lovely! We then met Charlotte and our guide Hurmada (sorry about the spelling) who made us feel at home and introduced us to their donkey, sheep, goat, horses, dogs, cats and small puppy called Luna. Already this was great fun!

On our ride Charlotte went slightly ahead with my girlfriend, leaving Hurmada to try to teach me how to ride. Amazingly, within 2 hours or so I was galloping into the distance having the time of my life. Many thanks to Hurmada for being such a fantastic help!

We then had a lovely lunch back with the animals.

When Jo drove us home, we also stopped for a quick tour of the older part of Hurghada as it was our first day in town! This was very welcoming and we were offered strawberries, many thanks Jo!

After speaking with my girlfriend about how much fun we had, we decided to ring Charlotte and book a beach ride for our last day of the holiday. We were offered a discounted rate and again had a fantastic day out. Having never ridden before, I cannot recommend this enough. My girlfriend who rides everyday, also highly recommends Horseriding Hurghada and wants to book another holiday asap!

Very well organised and completely made our holiday, thanks Charlotte and co for the experience. We hope to see you soon. Oh and Tito our guide for the 2nd trip was equally helpful, and the best amateur photographer I have met.

The 4 hour trip was my girlfriend and I, Charlotte and Hurmada, and the beach trip was Charlotte, Tito, my girlfriend and I, along with 2 other lovely English ladies.

Cannot fault our time with Horseriding Hurghada!

Visited February 2014
carinaegypt, Owner at Horse Riding Hurghada, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Really glad you enjoyed it. We had so much fun with you too. Lester was a great sport and Amy a great rider! Hope to see you again one day. Charlotte and Jo.