“Informative and FUN?”

Egypt Tours Portal Day Trips
Ranked #10 of 273 Outdoor Activities in Hurghada
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: "Egypt Tours Portal" has concentrated its efforts for offering travel services of the highest quality, combining our energy and enthusiasm with our years of experience. We are specialists in arranging: Day trips from all Egypt cities, Shore excursions from all the Egyptian ports, travel packages and Nile cruises. Our consultants have many years of experience in designing unique Egypt travel programs according to your taste and budget. All you have to do is tell us what would you like to do and we will arrange everything for you.
Reviewed 2 October 2017

We were picked up on time from our hotel in Hurghada (Sunrise Crystal Bay Resort). Made it to the airport for transfers to Cairo. When we arrived in Cairo our tour guide Muhammid greeted us and escorted us to our vehicle. To our surprise, we were taking a tour on a religious holiday, so the traffic was smooth. We visited Mosque on the way to the museum, we were able to take pictures and video. On our arrival to the museum, it was crowded, but we didn't have to wait long to enter. Inside was magical with so much history, statues, and stories of the egyptians. We took many pictures and videos and took in a lot of information. We were able to visit both floors in time and had extra time to spare. With the extra time we took a boat tour on the Nile River, where we listened to the waves and soft music and took a deserving nap..lol. After the Nile River boat tour (40 min) we went to a jewlery shop to pick out souvenirs (cartouche pendents) then to eat lunch. Then we finally made it to the Pyramids (so exciting) At the site of the pyramids our tour guide advised us on picture taking of the camels and people (They will charge you) and of the not so real antiques they were selling. We took many pictures and video. We were guided to the Great Pyramid, Sphinx Pyramid and some tombs (A very steep climb down, but fun). When we were done, we returned to Jewelry shop to pick up pendents and proceeded to a shop where they made portraits from Papyrus paper. From here we went to a Perfume shop (by this time we were exhausted so we didn't purchase anything) and then made it back to the airport on time. The entire trip was very accommodating considering that my mom has a disability with walking. The tour guide walked every step arm in arm with my mom. And the driver made sure to drive us a close as possible to the sites. Overall our experience was informative and FUN!

All reviews
"abu simbel"
in 22 reviews
"kom ombo"
in 7 reviews
"private air conditioned car"
in 6 reviews
"high dam"
in 11 reviews
"horse and carriage ride"
"cairo airport"
"nubian village"
"hour journey"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 28 September 2017

An early start to an unforgettable day. 5:30 pick up from our hotel, who provided breakfast bags for our journey, with a private car and driver. This made the 3 hour journey enjoyable and relaxing. We arrived in Luxor to meet our Egyptologist guide for the day, Ashraf Sayed. He greeted us with cold bottles of water and refreshments, which in the heat was amazing. He spoke fluent English and throughout the entire trip he was pointing out historical sights and his knowledge about them, as he is a qualified Egyptologist. He was incredibly patient as the heat made the day rather tricky, but he did this at our pace, not his own. We began in Valley of the Kings, going to four tombs. We then went to Hatshepsut Temple, the Colossi of Memnom and then had lunch overlooking the Nile. After that we had a private boat trip down the Nile, ending the day with Karnak Temple. Everything was indescribable, and made better by Ashraf explaining each destination in great detail. Our driver then drove to the other side of the Nile, whilst we had lunch, ready to meet us and saving us sitting in the car as it was a lengthy drive. I would highly recommend this tour and don’t get put off by the ‘unsafe’ rumours as you are missing out on the delights or Egypt.

2  Thank amandacollins3
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

We booked last minute to visit Cairo only giving two days notice. The travel company were very accommodating and arranged for us to get on to the next available flight.
Our trip went smoothly and the guide Mohammad and driver Hathim were very professional and knowledgable of the sites we visited.
Overall great trip and very enjoyable!

1  Thank Umhi1
Reviewed 27 September 2017

First, I want to say "Thank you very much" to my guide, Mr. Abdelrhman Ali(Egypt Tours Portal).
(When you trip in Luxor, you SHOULD choose Egypt Tours Portal and him as tour guide!)

He told me many things about Luxor like not only its history, but also how people live there. I could really understand about Luxor deeply. Also, he always cared for me in order that I don't get into trouble. (At Cairo, I felt dangerous because people try to get money from me by many ways.... I couldn't feel safe there...)
I really appreciate him!!

Second, this company's operator was so kind. Before I make a reservation, I asked more than 20 times by e-mail, but he send back me e-mail so quickly.

Third, I could make a good memory, but the tour was really cheap!

If I go there again, I'll DEFINITELY choose this tour company and this tour guide again!!

Thank you so much!!!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Tour of Luxor, valley of the kings, Hatshepsut temple, Collossi of Menon, and Karnak temples, lunch by the Nile, and boat trip across the Nile.

We were picked up from our hotel promptly at 5.30am by a very polite and friendly driver named Ashraf, throughout the day we felt very safe with him, he was happy to answer questions when asked and it was a pleasure to travel with him.
Once at Luxor we met with our tour guide Abdelrhman Ali (Ahmed), he immediately came across as being very friendly, polite , good humoured and knowledgeable. Nothing was too much trouble for him and he was more than happy to help, throughout the day we shared many many laughs with him, he nicknamed me mr bean for all the faces i pulled on photographs, we had a nice chat about british comedy whilst cruising across the beautiful Nile, i think he enjoyed our company just as much as we enjoyed his, which was fantastic. Overall the tour was very well organised and the day ran very smoothly indeed, massive thanks to Ahmed back at HQ, Ashraf our driver and to my new brother Abdelrhman Ali (Ahmed) for a memorable day in Luxor, for taking so many wonderful photographs for us and for a very refreshing drink of sugar cane juice.

The Trips we booked formed a major part of a most memorable holiday in this wonderful country and im very happy to recommend this company, and indeed to recommend Abdelrhman Ali as your tour guide.
I`m very happy to recommend them to anyone travelling to Egypt.
Visited April / May 2017