We stayed here for a week in november. There are a few things that bugged us in the hotel, but in the end it still was a good hotel.
So, let's start with the buggers:
- mosquitoes: we've been to Egypt before and were never sooo annoyed by them (7 bites on one single hand, you can imagine the rest of the body ;( ..). But we stayed in a swim-up bungalow, so maybe it was the hay roof or being surrounded by water that caused this huge amount of mosquitoes. Anyway, we bought spray and so on and it lessened their attacks. The hotel used fumigenes but not often enough and never in the room, maybe they should think about doing it as we were not the only ones with so many bites.
- glasses in the beach bar: They were not always clean. Sometimes there were crusts on the glass. I know that it's harder to clean plastic glasses, but then they should double check them before giving them out, because it can be a turn-off. I know it was to my man. It is kind of "yewww" when you drink and see a crust in your glass, not knowing what it might be.
- shows/ animation: there are a lot of shows and animation in the evening, but unfortunately they're not well indicated. We had to ask the personel every evening where was what to know for sure. The hotel is big so maybe they don't know how to put it.
- alcohol: the all inclusive alcohol does not include cocktails and so on (they told us that on the first night). But it includes vodka, rhum,... so you can get a cocktail. You just have to ask for a cocktail with rhum or vodka.
Now, for the rest:
- food: I never get the people who say that everything was disgusting and so on. They have to restaurants with buffets, so how can you not be able to pick something you like. Ok, the french fries weren't great (but you're in Egypt:not exactly their specialty, remember?), but you still can find a lot of other dishes you might like. They also cook a special plate every evening outside on the barbecue (fish, hamburgers, pigeon,...). You can go to one of the 5 à la carte restaurants (remember to leave a tip, they'll really appreciate it). The only thing: I found they didn't have much choice for fruits. I expected to find melons, mangoes, watermelon, ... they only had apples and maybe one or two other fruits.
- Room: our room was really good. The bed was perfect, so I slept like a baby (when the mosquitoes left me). The bathroom was big, functionnal (I loved the shower) and clean.
- aqua park: the aquapark is really cool. Even as adults. We went everyday on at least two different games.
- beach and sea: this hotel has a kite surf and wind surf station and it it perfect for this purpose. But if you'd only like to sleep on the beach and have a swim in the sea, not quite so. You'd better bring or buy shoes to go in the sea as there are a lot of stones and you have to walk quite a while before being able to swim or you just walk down the pier and use the ladder to go into the sea.
- all in: the room service is good, you have new bottles of Coke, Fanta, Sprite,.. every day. You can eat nearly the whole day through if you want to, but they mainly have warm dishes (hamburgers, pizzas, ...) for snacks.
- SPA: we had a great time at the spa and had one massage a day. As we went in november the sun came down at 5pm, so after sunset we went to the spa and got ourselves a treat ;) The massages were really good and not expensive. The pool area in the spa was also really beautiful!
- service: the "room" service is really good and fast. We couldn't use our tv the first night (we arrived after 1am so we wanted to put the tv on before falling asleep), called the reception and it was done in the 10min after our call. The swim-up pools were cleaned every day, we asked the cleaning staff if they would spray our room after cleaning it which they did every day too. All in all, the service was good!
It was a good hotel (not my favorite one, but still). No food poisoning (as I read in other reviews), no rude staff (on the contrary), beautiful grounds, really beautiful reception, really nice swimming pools (and swim-up pools) ... nice water games in the aqua park,... so you can have yourself some great holidays :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location and surroundings: 17 km from the centre of Hurghada, 10 km from airport, Cairo 450 km, Luxor 290 km. Category: 5 Stars (NN) Type of catering: Luxury, Royal all inclusive. Hotel Details: total land is 102.000 m²o, 3 floors, 116 standard rooms, 114 superior, 90 family rooms, 47 bungalows, 48 connected standard rooms & 174 swim up rooms + 4 handicapped. 8000 m swimming pool, 1 heated pool, 2 children pools, 1 Jacuzzi, private beach 365 meter, internet cafe & wireless, private parking, private jetty marine 500 meter. Guest Room Information: All rooms are comfortably furnished and have balcony or terrace, mini bar, LCD TV (satellite channels, music), shower amenities, hair dryer, bathroom, shower cabin, extra bed, baby cot, split air-conditioning system (cold/ warm), safe box, daily room cleaning, towels, bed sheet change. Standard Rooms: Surface area of 48m², decorated in soft natural tones. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Titanic Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Titanic Palace Hotel Hurghada