“A few "but"s, but still a good hotel”
Review of Titanic Palace

Titanic Palace
Ranked #91 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed 8 December 2012

We stayed here for a week in november. There are a few things that bugged us in the hotel, but in the end it still was a good hotel.
So, let's start with the buggers:
- mosquitoes: we've been to Egypt before and were never sooo annoyed by them (7 bites on one single hand, you can imagine the rest of the body ;( ..). But we stayed in a swim-up bungalow, so maybe it was the hay roof or being surrounded by water that caused this huge amount of mosquitoes. Anyway, we bought spray and so on and it lessened their attacks. The hotel used fumigenes but not often enough and never in the room, maybe they should think about doing it as we were not the only ones with so many bites.
- glasses in the beach bar: They were not always clean. Sometimes there were crusts on the glass. I know that it's harder to clean plastic glasses, but then they should double check them before giving them out, because it can be a turn-off. I know it was to my man. It is kind of "yewww" when you drink and see a crust in your glass, not knowing what it might be.
- shows/ animation: there are a lot of shows and animation in the evening, but unfortunately they're not well indicated. We had to ask the personel every evening where was what to know for sure. The hotel is big so maybe they don't know how to put it.
- alcohol: the all inclusive alcohol does not include cocktails and so on (they told us that on the first night). But it includes vodka, rhum,... so you can get a cocktail. You just have to ask for a cocktail with rhum or vodka.

Now, for the rest:
- food: I never get the people who say that everything was disgusting and so on. They have to restaurants with buffets, so how can you not be able to pick something you like. Ok, the french fries weren't great (but you're in Egypt:not exactly their specialty, remember?), but you still can find a lot of other dishes you might like. They also cook a special plate every evening outside on the barbecue (fish, hamburgers, pigeon,...). You can go to one of the 5 à la carte restaurants (remember to leave a tip, they'll really appreciate it). The only thing: I found they didn't have much choice for fruits. I expected to find melons, mangoes, watermelon, ... they only had apples and maybe one or two other fruits.
- Room: our room was really good. The bed was perfect, so I slept like a baby (when the mosquitoes left me). The bathroom was big, functionnal (I loved the shower) and clean.
- aqua park: the aquapark is really cool. Even as adults. We went everyday on at least two different games.
- beach and sea: this hotel has a kite surf and wind surf station and it it perfect for this purpose. But if you'd only like to sleep on the beach and have a swim in the sea, not quite so. You'd better bring or buy shoes to go in the sea as there are a lot of stones and you have to walk quite a while before being able to swim or you just walk down the pier and use the ladder to go into the sea.
- all in: the room service is good, you have new bottles of Coke, Fanta, Sprite,.. every day. You can eat nearly the whole day through if you want to, but they mainly have warm dishes (hamburgers, pizzas, ...) for snacks.
- SPA: we had a great time at the spa and had one massage a day. As we went in november the sun came down at 5pm, so after sunset we went to the spa and got ourselves a treat ;) The massages were really good and not expensive. The pool area in the spa was also really beautiful!
- service: the "room" service is really good and fast. We couldn't use our tv the first night (we arrived after 1am so we wanted to put the tv on before falling asleep), called the reception and it was done in the 10min after our call. The swim-up pools were cleaned every day, we asked the cleaning staff if they would spray our room after cleaning it which they did every day too. All in all, the service was good!

It was a good hotel (not my favorite one, but still). No food poisoning (as I read in other reviews), no rude staff (on the contrary), beautiful grounds, really beautiful reception, really nice swimming pools (and swim-up pools) ... nice water games in the aqua park,... so you can have yourself some great holidays :)

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kwenaz

Reviewed 5 December 2012

I have been to Egypt twice before, but this was a shock. My only explanation is this - 99% of the customers staying at this hotel are Russian. The rest has just adapted to the clientele... Very very very bad food. Very bad service. Rude and ignorant staff. The hotel itself was quite beautifully done with some interesting architecture. But unfortunately it was somehow overshadowed by the above. If you want friendly helpful staff, fresh fruit, vegetables and quality drinks, don't stay here. Even the silly orange juice for breakfast is made from a powder.. And if you have been to Egypt before, you'll be familiar with the omelettes for breakfast - well here, the chef doesn't bother if the omelette will actually resembles one, or it will be a messy pile of fried egg. And do not dare to complain - here, the customer really doesn't come first.... There is quite a list I could write here, but to spare you, just take my advice.

Room Tip: Rooms are very noisy, with people rudely shouting outside your door either at midnight or at 7am. As...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank JitkaW
Reviewed 23 November 2012

Stayed at the Titanic Palace after a week nile cruise on board the m/s serenade with my husband, 11 year old son and my husbands mother. The resort is 5* and the hotel and grounds are beautiful, rooms were very nice and kept clean, food was good but sometimes repetative (we never had any tummy trouble for the week we stayed) we had a family swim up room which was 2 rooms, one bathoom, 2 flatscreen tv's, mini fridge with soft drinks and bottled water and step out into the pool (if booking one of these rooms ask at recetion for one that gets the sun otherwise you run the risk of being in the shade all day thats ok if thats what you want) most staff were helpful and curtious but you did get the odd rude one but we did'nt let that spoil our holiday.
You do get some rude russians and did feel a little isolated with the langauge barrier as not many english speaking people in the palace, we found that the sister hotel the titanic beach which the palace is joined too and shares the water park with had more english and the reception staff there spoke better english, but the palace was alot nicer and newer.
The beach was lovely but very shallow and went out a long was but got deeper at the end of the peir where you could go snorkling. The water park is great my son loved it! The only thing that let it down was I found myself going to bed early every night as not much entertainment. The hotel was a lot better than I expected after reading other reviews and I was not dissapointed.
The only thing I would say is take loads of mossy spray we had loads of bites !

Room Tip: Take loads of mossy spray!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank kevange
Reviewed 22 November 2012

My wife and I have returned from a week’s holiday spent in the Hurghada Titanic Palace Hotel and Aqua Park feeling let down and deflated due to the poor service provided by poorly trained staff. I believe this is a five star rated hotel due to the facilities it has to offer,but a 3 star rating for the poor service. This is the first hotel I have stayed in where I’ve had to show the cleaner how to make the bed. I will try to make this as short as possible.
Arrived Monday evening 12/11/2012 - Our room booked and paid for was not available. We were given a free upgrade to a family room beside a loud techno nightclub with nothing to offer but an extra room with two single beds which we had no use for. Not good :-(
Tuesday morning - Met with the rep and paid for the city tour and mega safari. Absolutely exhausted after no sleep from loud thumping music all night, we paid an extra 15 Euros a night to be moved to a quiet bungalow near the beach. The bungalow had things missing which we had to contact reception for. Not good :-(
Tuesday afternoon – My wife and I had lots of fun at the hotels aqua park near the beach. Good aqua park :-)
Tuesday evening - We enjoyed the evening with ok house wine and good food. Nice :-)
Wednesday morning - Jogged along the beach to the end of the jetty and back to prevent being harassed by fitness staff for massage and beauty therapy when going to the gym. We did this every morning and really enjoyed snorkelling off the beach jetty at no extra cost :-)
Wednesday afternoon - Got ready for the city tour. Door locked from inside. Cleaner tries to enter due to the missing do not disturb sign. Cleaner knocks on the door. As I open the door to advise cleaner why the door was locked from the inside, cleaner accidentally pushes the door in my face hitting me in the eye with a metal knob fixed to the door at eye level. Very upset on that day and told the cleaner to go away. Went on the city tour in a bad mood, met nice people from Romania and returned feeling a lot happier. Good city tour :-)
Thursday morning - Had a good breakfast as food was good as usual. Happy :-)
Thursday afternoon - My wife (PADI open water diver) and I (PADI rescue diver) went scuba diving with the Titanic Dive Centre. The dive guide miss read the dive leaving my wife short of air providing her with his auxiliary regulator (octopus) to share his air while holding her arm to complete the dive back to the exit point boasting about how much air he had left in his tank (Bad Practice for PADI standards) We then had snacks and beer at the beach bar only to find mucus at the bottom of our plastic glasses. Got back to the bungalow to find no towels, yet the cleaner had been. Not a very good afternoon :-(
Thursday evening - Enjoyed the AI food and drink, but I did have to return a cracked tumbler of wine served to me as there were no wine glasses. Poor service :-(
Friday Afternoon - Getting a little fed up now of the very poor service. Had to teach the male cleaner how to make the bed with the smooth bed sheet on the inside of the scratchy quilt cover, not the outside to make it look pretty and left him to it. Not good :-(
Friday evening - Had to approach the reception asking for the fridge in our bungalow to be filled with water and soda as the cleaner forgot. Once again poor service :-(
Saturday morning - We became ill with a stomach upset which we took medication for. My wife could not eat for the next three days, but good for her still managed to make the mega safari, ridding quads, driving spider cars and visiting the Bedouin village in the desert. My wife enjoyed the trip :-)
Saturday evening - Went to bed due to bad tummies :-(
Sunday morning - My wife and I went diving with the Titanic Dive Centre again with the same dive guide and his friend an open water diver who dived above us at approximately 1 metre from the surface to save air. This ended in a heated discussion with me, the dive guide and his friend as they tried the same poor practice as before with sharing air to complete the dive. Why? I will never know. But it does leave me wondering if the guide would have tried the same poor practice if I had been another bloke instead of a woman? Once again poor PADI dive practices :-(
Sunday afternoon - My wife and I are now fed up with the poor service and have to deal with the mistake made by reception, as the transfer pickup time was the same time as the airport departure time. OMG what next? My wife chose to deal with this situation. She was asked twice to come back in half an hour and then for two hours for one reason or another. After two hours I had enough. I went to the reception and asked very politely for them to sort out the transfer pickup time. I was then asked by the reception to come back in half an hour. I then became a little more assertive and had the problem sorted out in five minutes. The list had been printed in portrait instead of landscape hence the missing pick up time column :-(
We are home now with bad tummies putting this unforgetable experience behind us as if it was just an expensive bad dream. I have managed to fit most of the hiccups we encountered in this little note but don’t have time for the rest, but sincerely do hope this helps.
I will say that the resort itself is beautiful but due to the constant poor service, it’s just not good enough for us to return. P.S Tipping genorously did not improve the service.

Room Tip: “Bungalows near the beach are very nice if you can handle being eaten alive by mosquito’s :-( Purcha...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We booked 3 nights here to break up our annual trip to visit family in Luxor. We stayed at the Primasol Titanic last year which was fantastic but unfortunately it was full with the booking agent we normally use so we decided to try the Titanic Palce instead.
The hotel is extemely grand, the public areas are magnificent, all done out in a roman/ancient greek style with lots of statues, chandeliers, pillars, fountains etc. We were allocated a superior room which was massive with a seperate living area and a jacuzi bath which the kids loved! there was a mini bar in the room that was kept constantly stocked with water and fizzy drinks and also a free safe to store valuables.
There were too many swimming pools to mention and a fantastic aquapark located towards the beach at the neighbouring Titanic Beach which you could also use all the facilities of. The aquapark was our main reason for choosing this hotel as we were traveling with our 2 children and they had enjoyed the almost identical one at the Primasol Titanic the year before. The beach adjoined the aquapark area and for the first approx 100m the sea only came up to your waist at the deepest point so is ideal for young children. After this there was a coral reef plunging down into the deep. There was a pier/jetty you could walk down or even catch a mini bus down if you were feeling lazy to access this reef. I went snorkeling here and it was a totally magical experience. The amount and variety of marine life you can see there is amazing.
A lot of people on here have complained about the food at this hotel and although I would say it is perhaps not five star it was fine and there was always something tasty to eat. At lunch you could choose from eating at one of the bars, including the beach bar. These served basic food like burgers, hotdogs, fries, pizza, salad etc or you could of course eat in one of the main restaurants. Once a week you could dine for free in one of the many al a carte restaurants. We, or rather the kids chose to try the Chinese which proved to be extremely good.
I have never had cause to complain about any one nationality whilst on holiday and hate to do so but feel I have to mention the utter greed of many of the Russian guests at this hotel. They would take vast amounts of food from the restaurants and then not eat it so it had to be thrown away. One guy took 8 slices of toast and only ate 2, we witnessed people taking apples, having 1 bite and then throwing them away. Not only does this mean there is not always enough food left for others but is an utter disgrace and sickening, especially in a country were many, more so at the current time are struggleing to feed themselves. I understand this is not the hotels fault but maybe they could put up signs to try and deter people from doing this. It is an all inclusive so if you are still hungry after eating you can always fetch a bit more.
The staff at this hotel are all lovely and polite despite working extremely long hours.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank pinkmagic1
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I just came back home from Egypt where I spent the most relaxing week ever. The hotel was amazing, new, all in marmor and in baroque style with beautiful pools outside and a beautiful beach.The staff was very kind also. Beside the Titanic Palace there is the other hotel named Titanic Beach, with an amazing acquapark. So you basically can use both areas of the hotels and it is really a big resort in which there are different places to play plenty of sports an make different activities. The food was really good, no problems with the food from any point of view. I didn't like very much the breakfast, because their salami and the cheese are very different from the ones we are used to in Europe, but on the other hand you have plenty of choise for other things to eat. The rooms are also nice, our room was perfect, always clean, but you have to leave a small tip for the cleaner every day. Only problem: we've been in the bungalows, with the entrance to the pool from the balcony....that means A LOT OF MOSQUITOS every night! The hotel is situated about 15 minutes by car from the center, but there are a lot of bazaars near the hotel, so you don't really need to go to the dirty center to buy good priced stuff. The taxi to the center is about 5 eur in one side, this is a normal price, don't pay more even if the taxist insist.

Room Tip: Choose a room with entrance to the pool, but beware of mosquitos.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank AnastasijaA2
Reviewed 21 October 2012

We have just had two weeks at this hotel when we first walked through the door first impressions were very good. We were treated with respect by all the staff. The cleaning staff were very good with all the needs and wishes you want to make your holiday enjoyable. We mainly went to the adult only food area as it was just an adult only holiday which we throughly reccommend if you are travelling without children. The mexican al-carte was very enjoyable but we did not enjoy the Italian. All the food was to cater all needs. However if you are a wine drinker we would not recommend drinking there wine unless you want to taste cardboard. The swimming pools were well maintained and were always out by 7.00 a.m to clean the pools. We would throughly recommend this holiday and we would defently go back. Dont belive any bad re-views.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends