Titanic Palace
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$124
US$107
US$103
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Titanic Resort & Aqua Park(Hurghada)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$50
TripAdvisor
1,102 results
All reviewsswim up roomaqua parkgames roomfishsister hotelanimation teamwater bungalowbeach barair hockeylong pierwave poolhour bara la carte restaurantscleaned dailygreat holidaywater and soft drinksper week
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Just got back from the titanic palace the hotel was brilliant. Carnt falt it they were fixing up the beach bar at the start o my holiday but it was sorted in a day.
The swimming pools were great even the water park next to the beach was good but your not aload to wear tshirts in the pool even the kids which We had to drag away from the pirate ship every day.
The day time entertainment was good there was allways someone from the team trying to get you involved. Its ashame that it lacked in the evening by 10 there was nothing on apart from in the disco room which was empty most of the time.
The food well depends what u like but I couldnt eat Most of it but im fussy tryed all the restraunts but ended up eating mostly in the cleopatra. If you go you wil no y.
All staff were brilliant even if they do try to sell you little extras but thats how they get extra money but if you say no thanks they wont ask again, there is no free wifi here either its $4 for half hour $6 a hour or $15 for 24 hours
If they improve the food and night entertainment I would definitely be back at this hotel.
If you plan just to stay in the hotel and not go out just take dollers or euros everything is in these currencys even the candy floss, icecream, popcorn.
If you just go out the gate theres a few shops which is the third of the price of inside the hotel were I got my ciggies from (l&b) or if you want to go supermarket (spinneys) it will cost you 50le return and theres a maccis there two.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank michael f
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Like most people, I read the reviews on here and am sometimes left confused as to what people want or expect from an Egyptian hotel.
My wife and I stayed at the Titanic Palace (Room 625) from 6/5/13 until 15/5/13 before moving on to the MS Serenade for a 7 day Nile cruise.
We arrived at about 5pm and were in our air conditioned room 15 minutes later enjoying a cold drink from the mini fridge, which was re-stocked daily. You never have to walk more than 50 yards to find a swimming pool which are all adorned with plenty of sun beds. The room was a one bedroom/one bathroom affair which was spacious, comfortable and suited us perfectly.
As we were in the first block on the left as you walk through reception, we were perfectly placed for the restaurants (more about them later) and reception but had to walk about 200 yards to get to the beach. As most people have indicated, the tide is almost always out and you should expect to walk about 300 yards before you are deep enough to swim and make sure you take water shoes as there are numerous sharp stones etc. Alternatively you can take a free shuttle bus from the beach, along the jetty where you can snorkel in the deeper water.
The beach bar was a welcome respite from the hot sun and served burgers and hot dogs, chips and full bar facilities including tea, coffee and hot chocolate while there was always chicken or fish available from the barbecue just outside the bar area.
The aqua park, situated on the beach at the Titanic Beach hotel (open to Beach and Palace residents) was perfectly acceptable. Although not on the scale of Florida aqua parks there was enough to spend a day here with a mixture of sunbathing and enjoying the rides.
The evening entertainment in the lobby bars was (at best) average with a poor sound system and acoustics. There were also visiting entertainers and the in house team performing in the disco bar. The acoustics and sound quality were much better but the shows themselves were a bit "samey". Fine if you like dancing shows but not really my cup of tea.
Wi-fi is available at a cost of 6 Euros for one hour, but unless you sit in or around the games room the signal was a bit patchy.
Now to the food. I admit I'm a bit of a fussy eater and don't like spices or herbs, BUT if t wasn't for the excellent chips I would have starved. The food was poorly presented and if we had beef for lunch it was recycled as beef stew or goulash for dinner. Some food, like potatoes for example were either cold or overlooked or swimming in oil. Breakfast was ok with cereal, toast and plenty of croissants readily available and if you were prepared to wait either fried eggs or omelette were pretty good although the sausages that accompany a full English were not up to scratch.
We ate in all the restaurants but decided that Cal (Titanic Beach) was the one for us as its adults only and a bit more secluded. Every member of staff that we came across were more than helpful and if they couldn't understand what we wanted, they brought somebody else over who had better English to help us.
As with most areas of Hurghada, 90% of the holidaymakers are from the Russian speaking countries and they have no concept of what constitutes a queue, so be prepared for a few arguments over that!!
The two hotels are joined by a central shopping area. You can be slightly nervous about the shopkeepers constantly standing outside their shops inviting you in, but a firm "no thank you" is usually sufficient to deter them.
There is a (kind of) supermarket on site which sells sun cream, after sun and snorkelling equipment etc but be advised that there is no pharmacy on site. In stead if you need a pharmacy there is one just outside the complex to the left.
The welcome meeting highlights the trips that are on offer and we found them to be excellent value for money. We went on three separate trips and enjoyed every one of them.
There s a shuttle bus from the hotel in to Hurghada in the morning and one in the evening which cost £2 return or there is a free one at 8.00pm coming back at 11.00pm. It is too far to walk to town and this is the best ya to get there. We were told that taxis can be rip offs and to avoid gem if at all possible, although we met people who used them with no problem. Driving in Egypt is........eventful to say the least with traffic weaving about and the constant honking of horns to warn drivers of an intended overtaking manoeuvre.
An evening trip to the new marina is recommended as there are bountiful bars and cafes with their wares at reasonable prices in a very nice environment.
Overall, would I go back to the Titanic Palace? Even allowing for the poor food, yes I would. Both my wife and I are in our 50s and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Palace and would recommend it to anybody who is thinking about going.

Room Tip: Rooms are available with a balcony that leads directly into the pool. They look fine but I would be wary if you have small children as there are no gates stopping kids getting straight into the water. Also there are no lifts in the housing blocks so unless you are a fitness freak, I would recommend that you ask for ground floor accommodation.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Danny C
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Titanic is a nice enough place, although I had the constant feeling I was living in a shopping mall. The property is enormous - two gigantic hotels joined together literally by a shopping arcade. Even though my room was in the Palace, I could easily go to the Beach part to eat or use their pool. My main problem, aside from the size, is that the whole place is just ridiculously kitschy. Bad fresques on the ceilings, bad imitations of what I assume are Greek and Roman sculptures. Gigantic chandeliers and "romantic" staircases that I couldn't help but imagine running down in a ball gown. If that's your thing, Titanic is a perfect place for you.
The Christmas decorations just made it seem more like a tiny, fake city.

The food offered in the all inclusive is average at best and there are very few good options for vegetarians. My sister ended up eating pasta with tomato sauce almost every day.

Still, the staff is kind and very helpful. Nothing bad can be said about the standard of the rooms and the location is great, as is the aquapark.

Room Tip: If you're going in the really hot summer, I would pick a room that has stairs directly into the pool.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank AleKuro
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Spent 9 days here. Overall a good holiday/experience. Clean and quite well maintained. Most of the staff very helpful and friendly. Confusing info given at the welcome meeting regarding tipping. They advised guests to put money into boxes on bars etc and said that the money would be distributed equally to ALL of the staff. However, the 50 euros that the guy on the main desk conned out of us for an 'upgrade' to a bungalow was in his back pocket at the speed of light. The next people along in our group were upgraded without any charge!!! The food was ok and there are 5 places in total to eat. The smallest is Cal (an adult only) restaurant. The Palace and Beach are next to each other, but it can be confusing finding your way around!! No tea & coffee making facilities in the rooms, but your housekeeper will probably get one if needed. Our's did! This was the first part of the holiday. We went on to a 7 day Nile cruise on the MS Serenade. If you are doin the same thing TAKE DUTY FREE WITH YOU !!! All drinks on the cruise have to be paid for and Egypt is not the easiest place to buy alcohol!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank suencolWirral
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We stayed 15/4/2013 -24/4/2013. We were upgraded to a swim-up room which was great as it had 2 bedrooms. It was very clean and comfortable and our fridge was topped up every day with 2 small waters, Lge Sprite and Lge coke. We didn't like the lge dining room for the Palace so we ate in the sister hotel the Titanic Beach. This was easy as it was just a stroll through the gardens as the hotels are joined together. Our favourite restaurant was Jack, although we did eat in Cal which is an adult only restaurant.
We used the Lebanese as our speciality restaurant, the food was great and as it was my birthday they really spoilt me. I even had a lovely note delivered from the management wishing me happy birthday etc, which was a really nice touch. It's also possible to have a late buffett breakfast from 10am-12 noon in the Lebanese.
Like most all inclusive the food wasn't fantastic, but we certainly never went hungary and there was choice and quantity. Definitely eat the tomatoes, they really are something else. If you are looking for English food there isn't much of that, but it's a shame to go on holiday and not try the local cuisine. We never ate at the beach bars but I did see people with what looked like burgers and chips, so perhaps that's worth a try.
We have visited several different areas in Egypt and we both felt that this was the best so far.
If you're interested in Egypt's history then do take the flight to Cairo and visited the museum and the pyramids. It's a tiring day, but one we really enjoyed and were glad we did.
The beach is sandy, but you do need beach shoes when you go into the water as in places there are sharp stones. The tide seemed to be out most of the time we were there so we had to walk quite a long way to get into water deep enough to swim in.

We really enjoyed our time here, the staff were fantastic and we even spoke to the general manager every day. We teased him about the painting in the far left hand corner of Jack restaurant. It is of a dying horse in the desert, the unfortunate thing is that its bum faces you so we said it was a bit off putting at breakfast, he agreed and was talking to the artist to see if it could be changed. We'd really love to know if it has been.

All in all a great holiday and a place we would happily return to.

Room Tip: Definitely go for the swim up room, its bigger and being on the outside of the hotel is quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family