“Was expecting luxury based on previous trips to Egypt”
Review of Titanic Palace

Titanic Palace
Ranked #90 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I love Egypt, having been to Sharm, Nuweiba and Hurghada before. Previously I've stayed at the Titanic Aqua Park hotel 5 minutes up the road and thought it was great. So having paid the extra, and seen the size increase with the Palace (and adjoined Beach Spa) I was expecting great things......

But firsts first, I must mention the Airport fiasco. PLEASE PLEASE READ THIS PART IF YOU ARE PLANNING A TRIP TO HURGHADA! VERY IMPORTANT IN RELATION TO YOUR VISA!

There is mixed information on the web as to whether you need a visa from Hurghada. Well you do need one. Our airline (Monarh) told us on the flight that the visa was £15 each.The airport will take Sterling, Dollar, Euro, in fact I wonder if they'll take monopoly money as they are just trying to get ANYTHING. When you enter the arrivals lounge you are bombarded with men with placards with your name on. PLEASE DO NOT GO WITH THEM. These guys have arranged a deal with your transfer company, where they will take you to a desk and tell you the visa is £23 each and make you feel forced to pay it. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY THIS AMOUNT TO THEY.
Immediately on entrance to the arrivals lounge, take a sharp left and head to the desk labelled BANK. This is the place where you can get your official visa with out being ripped off. You can then make your way through passport control, then another checkpoint to show your visa. After that you can get your cases and find your official transfer rep (who are very nice and helpful!)
This was a most stressful start to our holiday (with 4 young kids) and we really didn't appreciate being hounded and bullied into paying over the odds.

The hotel is large, lovely and clean but could do with a sprucing up now. The rooms are large (we stayed in a 2 bedroomed family room) and are cleaned daily. We had a fun and relaxing 2 weeks in blistering heat.

My few disappointments were around the food (not a patch on the Titanic Aqua Park - very bizarre breakfasts ie mashed pumpkin, mung beans etc), not much choice, but a good effort with the BBQ each night and lovely outdoor made bread every night. There isn't much space at food points so there are many over lapping queues, and you can't get to the soup because of the pasta queue etc! I love going to all inclusive hotels and think that I'm very open minded with food options at far off destinations, but this one just wasn't as good. Don't get me wrong, I had a lovely selection each night and really enjoyed lots of it, it just wasn't as good as I've had before.
Also, the a la carte restaurants were rather 'wheel em in and out again' and we felt so rushed and not special at all. The Tapanyaki was great though, excellent Chef.

Secondly the staff were not most friendly or happy. Again I will try to be non-judgemental and maybe think this could be because it was Ramadan (not much fun being starving in the heat, especially working in the restaurant!) or even the political situation in Egypt. So facts are, there weren't many friendly staff and we didn't feel very welcomed.

On one day me and 2 friends had the Cleopatra experience in the spa. The spa is nicely set up with a lovely pool in the middle. The disappointment in the spa was again feeling like the next on the conveyabelt. I can't believe what a rushed and unrelaxing massage we all had. We were in and out within an hour. My girls both had their hair braided in the salon too, and that wasn't very good either!

The sea was lovely (when it eventually came close enough) but to actually swim in it you need to walk 1km down the jetty first to get to it. It can get choppy in the breeze (not so good for snorkelling), but the breeze is definitely welcomed in 40oC!

The kids enjoyed the slides and wave pool, although it was rather crowed round there. The alternative is the many pools by the rooms, which can get very noisy from the entertainment!

Expect the norm for Egypt, with lots of sales people trying to get you to go on trips, scuba diving, spa treatments, tattoos etc. Also many Good Price guys in the shops. But they're harmless really (as long as you know how to handle them).

On the whole it was a nice holiday, but I probably won't go back (I'm always open to trying new places anyway)

Room Tip: Most rooms have very enclosed balconies or ground floor ones have direct access to the pool. 2 bedde...
7  Thank rozzymoo

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Recently stayed in the Titanic Palace and first thing we noticed was how large the complex was. The staff and service were exceptional and extremely friendly. Food was a little samey all week but adequate for a weeks stay, might be a little too repetative any longer though. The rep was beyond amazing, nothing too much trouble. The rooms were more than adequate cannot complain at all. Clean tidy and very comfortable. The pools were clean and very appealing. The only real draw back is the beach is 2 mins away (great) but the sea remains only knee deep for about a mile out. Hell of a walk just to swim in the sea. Would definately use again if we went back to Hurghada

Room Tip: The bungalows look amazing and really should be considered, but if not choose a ground floor room as...
3  Thank Kevin D
Reviewed 2 August 2014

we stayed 14-28th July in room 5314. There were many good aspects to the titanic palace and its sister hotel titanic beach. the hotel is huge, very clean and the interior is amazing. the staff were really nice, paid a lot of attention to our 3yr old boy and i didnt feel like anyone expected a tip (other than the man who moved our cases all of 5metres from coach into reception when we were more than capable of doing it ourselves) however a few tips do help, we took $30 in $1 notes as its hard to get small change there. the cleaner stocks the fridge with two bottled waters and one litre of coke or 7up per day, we tipped him and started getting both coke and 7up. the room was ok, but be sure to get two key cards so you can leave you air con and fridge on when youre out!! the air con is noisy, i wouldnt have been able to sleep without my ear plugs. our room was in the quiet section of the hotel complex, but parallel to us was the party section, if i had a room over there I wouldnt have been happy as it was noisy til quite late.
you are given a speciality restraunt ticked per week, we used ours on the italian which was lovely and the best food we ate during our stay. there are some nice shops within titanic palace, but we did feel ripped off. the biggest rip off however is the ''free massage'' ticket...they try to sell you 6 massages and its not worth the hassle just to get a free 20min. we did book 3 massages each however, very good but meant to be 50min and as a woman mine was 35min, my husbands 45-50. we never got our free 20min and the inferiority of woman in the culture/religion of north africa and the middle east was quite apparent to me, staff would speak to my husband before or instead of me at all times.
the entertainment we cant comment on as we didnt bother with it, the wifi we paid for twice ($9 or 6E per hour) it was shockingly slow and unreliable in all parts of the hotels. the beach was nice and the pools extremely clean and well looked after, only downside is theyre open 10-5 only. the hotels i didnt think were very well equiped for disabled people or children and i wouldnt reccommend it for pregnant women, children under 3, or older couples. the escalator didnt work during our whole stay and most the rooms are up stairs.

now to the worst part, the food, same every day and not much that we wanted to risk eating. my husband tried a lot more than i did and got a stomach upset. my little boy and I lived on bread, donuts, and chips, he was absolutely fine, i was really ill despite using constant hand gel and risking nothing, but we dont know if this was partly down to me being pregnant. we paid for an extra luggage allowance and took tinned fruit, tuna, a kettle and some ''just add water'' meals, chocolate, crisps, etc....without these id have been gutted as we basically lived on chips and a bit of tinned tuna was a god send.

we did the trip to mahmya island, it was amazing, i cannot fault it at all, beautiful island, nice dinner, good drinks (dont forget a bit of cash as drinks are not inc but food is) staff lovely, they even cooked my son chicken nuggets and chips and gave him an ice cream instead of making him eat the adult buffet, we really appreciated this, especially as the hotel food was so miserable. one good all inclusive food place was the beach bar, served hot dogs and burgers through the day although a large queue. the donjuts at breakfast were amazing, as were the jams and the chocolate sugar, but other than that a lot of chips and watery pasta.
we also did the submarine trip, which was basically a lot of messing about for a half hour under sea. we paid our company rep for the trip but still got charged $6 when we got there, then we got sold some photos at the end which was going to cost us £6 if we paid in dollars but only £4 if we paid in egyptian...everywhere we went people asked for dollars but we saved quite a bit by paying for most things in Egyptian. the trip itself, coach to the marina, half hour wait for a boat, 45min boat trip to a floating waiting point, another half hour plus for two subs to pull up and offload, 10min to load everyone on, then 30min underwater before repeating the whole process to get back. i wasnt feeling well, this did not help!
our airport transfer back was at 715pm and check out is at 12, we asked on arrival to extend this and got fobbed off for another week, we asked a week later and got fobbed off til 8pm day of departure, we asked on day of departure and got told oh it might cost 50, 100 or 150 english pounds ! to extend it...then we got told come back at 10. husband went back at 10 as was told they couldnt do it as they were fully booked, he refused to accept this as id had a miscarriage the day before...as soon as he told staff about the miscarriage, our room became magically available til 6pm for only £35 (paid in egyptian, would have been £20 more in dollars or euro) we were annoyed at the attempted rip off but really grateful they understood the need for a room, i didnt fancy lying around in reception in pain.
we booked private transfers, much easier, they ran smoothly. the airport is a hassle and on the way into the country you get shuffled into a visa queue and overcharged. dont do it!!! turn left as soon as you get inside and you can buy a visa at the bank for about £10 less than the queue they make you believe you have to be in. we did get roped into the queue despite the warnings, but saved a few quid by refusing to pay in euros or dollars. airport is hot and unorganized, security going back was terrible!! we accidentally left a lighter and an aerosol and some liquids in the bag and it went un noticed.
all in all, the holiday was really nice, we did enjoy it (minus my illness/pregnancy and miscarriage) but the food is a major let down, we would have rated it 4 star were it not for the food, and we wouldnt go again based purely on that. however we would go to egypt again, and mahmya island, but id be a bit more savvy on money.

Room Tip: in the 5000s for quiet, 2000s for near beach but not near restaurants, 3000s for the party area
4  Thank Gemma B
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I have stayed at each of these hotels, the Palace having a more extravagant facade and reception. The rooms are similar. I experienced excellent service at both. All the buffet restaurants are served from the same kitchen. Food was reasonable for all inclusive. I don't like having to queue though. However there, I think, six speciality restaurants between the two hotels which one can use once or twice a week. Shush don' t tell too many people but a friendly word with the Manager worked well for me. Some way from resort centre, a taxi made a return trip more than I wanted to pay. Ask a member of staff where to get the local mini bus service that they use. Both good fun and very economical. It's a couple of years ago & places change

Room Tip: Ground floor Palace Hotel with direct access to pool from your own terrace
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank rustyroundabout
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Starting with the
GOOD,:-
The hotel is lovely, perfect beach front location with lots of snorkelling. Hotel rooms are spacious and very well maintained. Whole hotel and grounds are kept to a brilliant standard.
Facilities within a day time are excellent the only problem is the pools can only be used from 10am – 6pm which is poor as the children wanted to be in each day before 9am. There is a full repetitive day time program games aerobics etc same thing every day so doe get quite boring.
Beach bar and pool bar have fast food served daily so no need to use the restaurant every day good selection of drinks
The waterpark is quiet good nothing spectacular but worth an hour per day.
BAD:-
Airport and transfer systems are shockingly poor,
This hotel is not geared towards to English guests,
Food in the hotel is appalling, horrible, poor, uneatable at times although there is lots of restaurants not one day did we feel that was worth eating we literally ate to survive chips, pasta and bread was our staple diet for 2 weeks .
Deli belly in this hotel is rife, be warned ...
Entertainment team, was made up of 9 or 10 people with the exception of 3 (jess, Nikki, & Anna) all are rude, ingornant, unfriendly, there is no real entertainment on an evening the team just walk around chatting to guests for 3 hours but only Russian or polish guests the entertainment team are of a poor standard and are not like any other i have come across in 20 years. The amphitheatre has a show for 20 minutes per night but these are exceptionally poor and only translated in Russian or Polish not English speaking and not very good.
** Don’t be fouled by the star rating

Room Tip: Dont believe every report you read the entertainment staff complete reports pretending to be staff.
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I really don't know what some people want from a holiday at these prices in an Egyptian 5 star hotel....some of the reviews on here are ridiculous!!.no it is not going to be the ritz or similar to a hotel in costa del "very much like England"..food will be very different,you are not going to like it all,there is no pork!!.people need to go with an open mind,might enjoy it a bit more.Egypt was everything we were hoping for and more.weather 35 to 40 degrees every day...gaurenteed!.airport very caotic...had read up about visa but still got swept up in one of their queues!!.be warned visa is now $25 dollars per person.you will get moved from one person to the next but should eventually get to the hotel.
titanic palace and beach is a big complex.you can use amenities in both hotels.very hard to get small change and you need this as if you tip a little for good service it will go a long way.we had large family room,3 kids 11,5,3.very good,air conditioned,fresh towels,restocked bar each day.room cleaner very observant!
now or the big subject the food!!! yes a bit samey,probaly will get a bit dodgy tummy at some stage but you will find things you like.breakfast stuck to croissants toast(toasters very slow) omelette,beef sausages,pancakes.lunch we always got from the beach bar.always burger or hotdog and chips(occasionally liver burger).but that all we needed for lunch,queues can be large and disorganised.always good to send your 11 year old to queue!.dinner eventually we ended up using jack restaurant in titanic beach.alot calmer and easier to get table of 5. I managed to put on 8lb,so food not all that bad.what we expected.
the grounds ,pools slides,swimming off the pier all fantastic.couldnt get our 2 youngest out of pirate ship pool,they loved it.
entertainment was same every night,and not in English but kids loved it.songs very catchy!!
Trip to matmaya island fantastic,submarine trip not that great.
while round the pool they try to sell you trips and treatments in salon.a firm no and eventually leave you alone.girls had hair fully braided,took ages but lovely and saved doing hair every day.
yes alot of Russians and germans,very rude,after a coupe of days you will forget about them a bit.there were more English 2nd week of our stay.
you will find a bit of politeness and a few tips go a long way.the staff were fantastic with our kids,going out of their way every day to make their hols special.A special thank you to omah down by the pools and slides.he was fantastic.a special mention to the fruit man on the titanic palace side....he was fantastic,kids wanted to take him home.yeah we bought some melon a couple of nights, but every day kids would run up to him and he would give them fruit,even worried when he saw Freya hurt herself one day..and wouldn't take a tip at end of hols,

overall a fantastic holiday,dont listen to some of these comments,go with an open mind.we loved the weather ,the friendly staff ,would love to go back to Egypt,would go back to palace,kids have lovely memories.

Room Tip: you will have to pay if you want wifi,i decided to cut myself off for 2 weeks
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
16  Thank Jonburt
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We just arrived from this hotel. We spent 12 days here and our opinion is unanimous,sure that even we go back.
I was with my wife and my 14 old year daughter. It was an unforgettable trip for my family.
The only notable thing is the same food, because I'm a very choosy person and they have no pork, only chicken and beef meat. The staff is very helpful particularly the hungarian and the russian animators. The arabian staff also friendly and 1 dollar or 2 make wonders. You will never must wait for your drink, or anything, you will serve at your desk, or your sunbed.
My wife birthday was 2 days ago, it was an unforgettable experienc for her. At the beach restaurant we got a special service, with birthday cake, champagne, and a very familiary mood.
Overall we only can recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We have a ground floor room(5153), overlooking to the swimming pool. At the morning it's just 1...
3  Thank Robert H