“Fabulous”

Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh
Ranked #29 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We went with our friend Jean who recommend hotel .. We was not disappointed all staff couldn't do enough for you , animation team fab especially Alex and Sala. , tamer ( Tom cruise ) was the best pool barman ever . Jacko in lobby bar was the best . We could go on and on about all staff . Will defiantly be returning miss the place already thank you everyone for making it an amazing holiday especially Mr Hoisenny and Micheal :))))) cya soon Darren Lorraine and Jean from Leyland UK

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank disneyleyland

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We arrived 8th July for 10 nights to be greeted by great staff who couldn't do enough for us. Our room (5059) overlooked the pool and out towards the beach, sea and endless sunshine. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and the days all merged together to make a fantastic holiday. Great weather. Great food (and plenty of it). Endless drinks. Highly recommended. Special mention should go to Mr Jiggy Jiggy and all his restaurant staff and Jacob and the Lobby Bar staff who looked after us so well :)

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Themids14
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel from July 15th until July 25th this year and I am surprised of how good it is!
Let me start:

Rooms:
Rooms are very spacious and very clean and nice done all the time. Only little problem was that my room didn't look on pool but it looked in other direction towards the desert.

Cuisine:
Food... oh my God where to start. Food was amazing! There is everything and anything in 300 ways! Breakfast: Normal breakfast yeah, there's pancakes, sausages, different types of bread, butter, cheese.
Lunch: So good! Since every day is different cuisine day there's always something different and I loved it!
Dinner: There's some dishes that are simmilar like lunch but there's also some new.
Deserts are amazing (or so I heard from my family because I don't eat those.)

If you have paid all inclusive you have the right on two dinner- Mexican and Italian restaurant. You have right on one soup or salad, one main dish and one desert.
I liked more Italian restaurant because I'm bigger fan of Italian cuisine but since it's first time ever I ate some of Mexican it was very good!

Pool and beach:
Oh my God. Beach is amazing! It is so clean and nicely done and there is a beach bar just accross beach and they are SO SO nice and they always walk around beach asking you if you want a drink. If you can tip them because they completely deserve it!!
Pool is very very big and clean and there's many sunbeds enough for everyone!

Hotel overwiev: Hotel is very big,it has a lot of rooms and inside of hotel (lobby,restaurant,blaah..) is very big and very nicely done! I loved every single moment of being there!

BIGGEST SHOUTOUT AND GREETINGS FOR THE ANIMATION TEAM (ALEX,DYANA,NASTYA,CHRISTINA,HANNAH AND SAM) THEY ARE THE BEST OF ALL! They are so nice to everyone and they are always smiling and you just have to love them!!

Tips: Wifi in lobby is free but it's slow. I had wifi in my room but you have to pay 40 Egyptian pounds so you get it and it lasts for 7 days.

Greetings from Serbia!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Ана М
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This was our fourth trip to Egypt and second time in Hurghada
We were at this hotel in August 2012
When we got the first problem we was not good room, we got a room in which were two single beds, at the level of the pool, means you can not leave the terrace door open because somebady can enter.
Thay don t want to give us new room that night.
Tnext day we movein room on the second floor who had a view of the wall.
After a few days in the bathroom leaked water from the ceiling above the bathroom
I called the front desk several times no one came three hours to fix a water all over the bathroom and smelled awful.
The food was good.
Beach not clean every day, service very bad, you have to go get a drink and food because there was no one to serve you.
entry into the water was over the coral, did not were pontoon brige than.
Big price for bad quality
I will certainly NOT return to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Milica S
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Trust me, you will be thrilled! Everything is great ... if you've paid all inclusive, you have the right (in 7 days) on two dinner-Mexican and Italian restaurant, the drinks were you involved juices-cola, fanta etc, coffee, cappuccino, tea, beer, wine in a glass, water and 14 kinds of alcoholic cocktails and two soft! Capirosku sure to try it! : D. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are excellent! Really there are dishes for every taste (even has a special section for people who need to be on a diet). One day we had shrimp, grilled tuna and lots of other fish-like meditheran theme made ​​dinner. The beach is phenomenal .. much nicer than live! It leaves you breathless! Activities for children at morning program that runs from 10-12.30 (pizza, pirate day, games, collecting coral on the beach, Olympic Day, Indian Day, a carnival day., And afternoon program that runs from 14:30 to 16:30 (games, making origami, drawing, cartoons, making macaroni necklace, active play on the playground), so do not worry. At the beginning of the beach is shallow water, so that there are children with buckets, cacth a fish! And I of course, lying in the shallows . My husband prefers deep, so go to the cup in a coral reef (over a pontoon bridge). Rooms were very nice and tidy, we have the room cleaned every day, towels are changed every day ... so, as far as hygiene are excellent. not to worry-everything will be ok, this is really all clear ... we are very satisfied. Also wish to thank Mr. Ahmed for help .. All staff in the hotel are more than friendly! Thank you for everything! Greetings from Croatian!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mirela1986
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We went to the Tropitel for 2 weeks in June 2014. We had an amazing time, the hotel is beautiful, The rooms very spacious and clean & the beds were so big and comfortable. All of the staff were so friendly and helpful they couldn't do enough for you. We had a birthday and an anniversary celebration while we were there & were given a cake at dinner on both occasions & on our anniversary the restaurant manager even left another one in our fridge. The beach was lovely so nice to walk along and the beds and huts were very well thought out. The jetty is amazing with a lovely lagoon at the end to swim/snorkel in. The food was excellent plenty of choice and always fresh and superbly cooked. A special mention to all of the staff, but a few that stood out to us. Najib the resident manager such a lovely friendly man very efficient & couldn't do enough for us he always took the time to talk to his guests and make sure all their needs we're catered for (sorry I nearly knocked you flying) The food and beverage manager that I'm afraid to say I don't have his name but so nice always spending time to stop for a chat even though he was so busy running such an excellent restaurant & staff especially Fekry who was so pleasant & efficient, to name but a few. Jacob in the lobby bar very friendly and always ready to serve you. Of course how could we forget Abrahim & Tamir (habibi) at the pool bar so much fun but so professional. The pool was wonderful too but we did spend most of our days at the beach as it was less crowded & had a lovely breeze, so we had a lot of lunches at the beach bar where the chef Achmed always looked after us so well along with Saeed and all the beach bar guys. plus we can't leave out all the towel guys especially Mamoud and of course AL haseen with his cheeky smile. One of the great aspects of this hotel is it has two Al a carte restaurants which you are able to go to each one in a week, One was Italian and one was Mexican both were equally as nice as the other the food was excellent in both and was so nice to eat down close to the beach. Ali Baba one of the chefs in the Mexican was a great character even showed us how to make fried Ice cream (john terry with the silver chain). All in all we would highly recommend this hotel for its location, excellent facilities in the hotel, excellent staff that were attentive, friendly and funny. High quality and choice of food and drink, great value for money overall a wonderful holiday, we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Always ask for a pool or sea view or you could be facing the desert.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Terry B
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My main reason for writing this review is to agree with many reviews I read before we booked our hotel in Egypt.

The Hotel is situated in a very quiet area away from any other night life and shops.The hotel is at the end of a strip of hotels many of them unfinished and is right on the beach.

We chose a club room which was fantastic with sea and pool view I did notice some of the rooms looked out onto a building site and desert so the choice we made was well worth the extra money.

The hotel has a lovely pool area but many of the beds were already take at 6am but having said that we never had a problem finding a bed and the essential sun shade.The pool bar service and beach bar service was excellent nothing was too much too much for Tom Cruise and his friends whose names escape me at the minute.

Reception Bar service was outstanding again nothing was too much trouble we were treated like royalty Jacob has to be one of the hotels biggest assets he was very professional remembered our names and on many occasions had the drinks on the table minutes after we sat down.
I hope you look after your staff Hotel Tropitel they are your biggest asset.

Mexican and Italian restaurants you are allowed to book once each per week with the Italian open at lunch time although you need to be there before it opens at 1pm as the seating area is very limited. Both restaurants are excellent we preferred the Mexican but that was just personal choice.Again the staff are excellent and work very hard.

The Palm restaurant where the main buffet food is served again staff are excellent but we did find the food a bit hit and miss and found sometimes the food was excellent other times we struggled to find something to eat.
I'm not sure what the problem is but think it might be the combination and variety of food needs attention.There always seemed to be chicken wings and beef stew and although I like both I don't want to eat them everyday.
The quality and quantity of meet needs attention one night I had 1/4 of duck and couldn't find a single piece of meat to eat it was just bone and skin a second night the chef was carving beef and I was given two tiny slithers of beef which I topped up with chicken wings. This was the only down side to the holiday for us I'm afraid we have been spoilt on quality variety on previous holidays.

Beach was lovely, sun beds with wind screens and bar service were excellent we had burger and chips a few days for lunch but were never lucky enough to have chicken strips they had always sold out.This is where they have the entertainment is at night but we never got to see any shows the area is just a stage with a load of chairs seated round and I'm afraid does look a bit on the tatty side.We did use the golf buggy to go further up the strip to buy a few pressies for our grandchildren this cost 20 dollars for and hour but we did find out later you can get a better deal if you haggle two separate trips for £20.

Summing up would we go again Yes we would if the price was right and we wanted a quiet holiday in the sun with quality rooms and excellent staff

Say hello to Jacob Dennis and Angela