“great staff,amazing mr ahmad from reservation”

Mercure Hurghada Hotel
Ranked #21 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed 27 November 2013

i stay a week in mercure hurghada first i found difficulty to reserve my room but mr ahmad from reservtion help me , food amazing ,night show is very good ,beach woow , staff is friendly , the room furniture very modern , , most rooms have a see view, i hope to stay may be a month more

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hala A, Executive Assistant Manager at Mercure Hurghada Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your sincere comment. All Mercure Team is pleased to know that you had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed professional service at the hotel. I will personally thanks Ahmed for his outstanding performance which came to your satisfaction.
Hope to be your host at Mercure Hurghada once again in the nearest future.

There are newer reviews for Mercure Hurghada Hotel

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I spent great days and I enjoyed with the professional and polite hotel crew, from the entrance to the beach, you will find smiles around you everywhere. All crew, all staff is dealing with you as a vip
I advise all who want to visit Hurghada to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank wamascout

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your wonderful experience online and for recommending Mercure Hurghada to Tripadvisor readers. I am so glad to know that you have admired the welcome as well as the team’s hospitality and warmness.

I shall transmit your appreciation to the team with a special mention to Marly, Zag and Irina who surely will be much more motivated with your gentle feedback.

Mercure family is waiting for you soon for another relaxing holiday

Reviewed 26 November 2013

They know what hospitality is, hotel management and staff exceed all expectations.
We were there in a business trip, more than 120 persons and all of us were treated as a VIP.
Staff always smiling, they are working as they are one big family, they professionally prepared the set up of 13 training rooms to be used by our group.
One of the positive points is that they have nothing impossible, anything you need it you got it in a professional way.
We spent 10 nights, we did our work successfully, we enjoyed very much the place and also we relaxed, it is really an awesome place.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank OsamaMansour
Hala A, Executive Assistant Manager at Mercure Hurghada Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Dear Mr. Osama,

Your professional observation regarding how successfully your business trip was at Mercure Hurghada is highly appreciated.

All Mercure Hurghada team members were here brainstorming, planning, running and acting in order to facilitate your meeting needs with all these training rooms required (in which hotel is not designed for).

We are waiting for your future visits on business or leisure with a promise to meet your expectations always.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

We've just returned from 11 nights in the Mercure Hotel in Hurghada. First & foremost, we were asked by the hotel staff to impress upon everyone that Hurghada is safe! There is and never has been any trouble what so ever in Hurghada. We visited the Marina and Hurghada town, both were fine and safe. The only place we were advised not to go to was Cairo!
We were met by the lovely Chloe from guest relations who gave us the low down on the hotel and escorted us to our room which was great and overlooked the sea. Chloe was a joy to meet. She made very effort to come and find us and chat throughout the holiday and even leant me her phone to use the internet because the hotel wi fi was so painfully slow.
We found the hotel to be exceptionally clean and well maintained at all times of the day and night. Our room was kept beautifully clean by our house keeper Amhed. He went to lots of trouble to make towel displays and sprinkle flowers over the bed.
The hotel staff were always attentive without being over the top. We enjoyed the banter and chats with all staff and felt welcome at all times. We were often told that they loved the English because we were polite and friendly. Special mention to Marley and the animation team who kept my husband busy and happy playing volley ball and football. They were brilliant and visibly had the patience of saints with the hundreds of kids who constantly appeared to be either jumping on them, punching them or just wanting to hang out with them.
I chose this hotel because of the beach and the house reef and boy were we impressed! Having visited Egypt twice before and having to access the coral reef via a jetty, it was wonderful to be able to walk into the sea and gradually swim over the reef. For those of us who are not mega confident at snorkelling, this beach is brilliant. You get the best of both worlds of being able to relax and sunbathe in the sea but then to be able to snorkel amongst living coral (rarer than you think). We saw the most amazing fish including lion fish, squid, blue spotted sting ray, puffer fish, angel fish and many more. In many ways, the hotel reef was much better than the reefs we saw on the boat trips as much of the coral there was dead due to over swimming, touching and picking it! But the main benefit was because it was so much quieter and calmer.
The pool was spotlessly clean and warm. A pleasure to swim in!
We really did enjoy this hotel and having read the reviews on trip advisor regarding the food, we expected the best. We were however, very disappointed with the food. When we first arrived the hotel was apparently 45% full and the food was at this point was poor. Unfortunately though, as the hotel filled up with predominantly Russians, the food only deteriorated and the queue's for certain foods increased. It appeared that the hotel could not cope with the increase in people. What should have been an enjoyable evening meal with my husband, became a time when we ate separately as one of us had to stay and keep the table whilst the other went to queue for food. Unfortunately, by the time we had returned to the table, the food was cold and unpalatable.
In general, we found the food to be either very over cooked or under cooked, very bland, repetitive and we both suffered with the trots on and off throughout the holiday.
Because of the reported so called trouble, Egypt has suffered terribly and lost a huge amount of tourist trade and because of this, the Mercure and many hotels have had to lay off large amounts of staff. I think we probably visited during the transient period as the economy was beginning to pick up and the staff quota was not at full capacity. This was noticeable in the evening entertainment where the animation crew did their best to put on a good show but it was so amateur. During the last show however, it was noticeable that a choreographer and manager had been brought in so maybe they will improve again as the trip advisor reviews said that the shows were great. It would also have been nice to have some music playing in the evenings to provide a little atmosphere as it was lacking at times.
During the holiday I had a couple of treatments. One in the spa and one in the shop. Both were good and reasonable in price. I have to say though that the manicure was not up to English standards.
We did two boat trips, one with the holiday rep which was ok and one with the Fun Fly team based on the beach which was great. They both visited the same places really but the Fun fly team were lovely and the food was ok.
When I booked this holiday, I researched it to find somewhere with English visitors, however, apart from us, there were only two other English groups. The hotel has predominantly Russian guests who really do need lessons in good manners. Not only are they hell bent on taking every bit of food to pile up in the middle of their table, only to leave it scattered everywhere as if there's been a mega food fight, but they treat the staff (& fellow guests) like dirt. I was appalled at the rudeness and total lack of respect they had for the staff. Please, thank you and a smile is not too much to ask!!
Ive only rated this hotel 3 stars which is a shame and solely due to the poor standard of food and drink. When you pay for all inclusive, you expect it to be all inclusive! I couldn't understand why the cocktails were extra as the spirits used were the same local spirits that were all inclusive. It was also bizarre that they didn't serve wine in the bars or beer down at the beach bar.
All in all, we had a good relaxing time, met some lovely folks. As I said before, the hotel and staff were great. Its just such a shame that the food doesn't match!!

3  Thank Joby15

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your remarkable review with the time and efforts exerted in writing down expressing your extremely valuable observation on Mercure Hurghada the “Lovely hotel” as you mentioned.

All the disappointment factors you mentioned has been considered and addressed to the concerned Mercure Hurghada team members to work on being avoided immediately.

Your threading about all the hotel facilities and team was amazing specially while highlighting the lovely Chloe, the Special mention to Marly, the spotlessly warm pool, snorkeling experience, Fun-Fly team,…. Etc. thanks a lot.

Mercure Hurghada team are waiting for your next visit the soonest with a promise for a relaxing time.

Thanks Again

Reviewed 21 November 2013

This was my first all inclusive holiday, so I was unsure what to expect, but I needn't have worried. We were greeted in reception by Chloe, whose focus was guest relations, she was very welcoming and happy, she guided us across the resort to room 1115 - which was perfect. As we wondered the hotel complex we were most pleased, for it is a beautiful place with landscaped gardens, intricate decor and not a speck of litter in sight. The buildings housing the hotel rooms are lovely, as the architects have steered well away from the classic beach design; fit as many rooms in as possible in a simple one faced building, on the contrary, they are individual, white washed, arabic looking bulidings staggered neatly across the resort. The pool is located at the centre and is very large, as well as amazingly clean with a variety of depths and separate children's pool. At 6"3 still wasn't close to touching the bottom in most of it, so it's lovely and deep. The pool bar supplies ample beer and icecream as requested, pizzas and burgers are also available for a modest surcharge.

The beach was probably my favorite aspect of the resort, the sun loungers are substantial and well padded, with thatched umbrellas for shade and rustic wooden wind-shields. The Sea is turquoise-blue and crystal clear. About 20 m to the side there is a couple of coral reefs, which you can explore unhindered and at your leisure, the variety of fish and coral are nothing short of stunning! I had a camel ride on the beach which is way more fun than I had expected. One tiny niggle is the attention you get on the beach by the scuba, massage, waterspouts etc vendors, they obviously recognize new faces and it can be a little OTT but after the first hour we were no left to ourselves.

The food, the first night we arrived a little late at the end of dinner and we weren't overly impressed with the food. However, and this is a major however, the next day and those that followed the food exquisite. A range of chefs cook in view of the clientele, fresh fish a charcoal BBQ outside with racks of chicken and other meats, amazing desserts. We were impressed by the range of food and the differences in the menu each evening. They also dress the restaurant in accordance to the theme. There is plenty of food available and you are free to get a second plate if needed. I am back in England now and very much missing the food.

The animation team, these guys are great very relaxed friendly and up for laugh. They make up numbers in the sports so you can get a game of volley ball or football going and when tourists show interest they happily give up their spot. A special thanks to Marly, who fixed up my knee, when I made a ridiculous dive in a competitive game of volleyball against some Russians. They also provide most of the evening entertainment, and they go to a real effort, many of them are professional dancers. I ended up on stage twice, which despite being a little terrified, it worked out really well. I wish I could remember all of there names to thank them.

The room, ok the bed massive and clean and comfy sooooooo comfy. The shower was walk-in with a raindrop style version and the conventional type. The water pressure could be a little low at peak times but other than that the shower was great. We had two balconies with great views of the sea and gardens, great for watching the stars with a glass of wine. The TV optionally transmits sound to the bathroom, so you can listen to the news or music whilst having a shower. A self pin coded safe is supplied free of charge, which puts your mind at ease. A small fridge for water etc is also present. The room was cleaned daily and properly and we only tipped once.

All staff on site were helpful at all times and the deputy manager was very welcoming and ensured we had a great time.

On site security, made us feel safe and we never felt at risk. The resort was so lovely we only spent one day away from it in Hurghada, This place is in need of tourist money and investment, but the people are friendly, but do not be afraid to be firm if they become too pressuring. The Marina is worth seeing and very secure, which lots of bars.

Overall - The resort is perfect for a relaxing holiday, with great food, where you don't have to lift a finger, but if you are active like me, the beach volley football and swimming are all on offer, as well as squash and tennis. I don't know what else to say, except if you decide to go, please take me along with you.

Also I can recommend the fun fly snorkeling trip, you get to see massive coral reefs and the diverse variety of life that comes with them.

Room Tip: 1115 seemed to be one of the best rooms.
3  Thank Jamestravels4th
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I was in this wonderful hotel from 21 to 31 October. I come here not for the first time . And we'll have lots and lots of time to come here again . I love the atmosphere of comfort , respect, joy, which is present in Mercure . I am very glad to meet with the new General Manager of the hotel, Mr. Atta . I'm sure , thanks to him , the hotel will be even better.
I would like also to reiterate at this time, politically turbulent for Egypt, you will not get a drop of discomfort for your stay. In Hurghada, all is quiet and safe.
I want to say special thanks to Mr. Tayar . He very kind, caring , willing to help in everything. I want to thank Mr. Harby , who daily learned that everything was in order with us in a room, it can also be had contact with any request . Many thanks to Hassan for his amazing cocktails and for the show on the disco)) . Say thanks to the animation : Irina , Ziggy, Marley, Chloe and the new band - Alex, Mino and Flex . They a cool breakdancers ! Ziggy thanks for his positive. From the side of a pleasure to watch as his love little kids !
Hotel Mercure – it is the second home . There were all things created , that you get comfort from the rest. food, themed dinners. A variety of evening programs . A wonderful beach and a beautiful sea. I hope that very soon I 'll be back to the hotel!

Room Tip: we live in room 1320. Lovely view of the sea
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Olya_che
Reviewed 16 November 2013

What an amazing place.

Being English, what we worry about is: is the place clean? Is the food edible? Is the pool clean and hassle free? Well this hotel certainly ticks all these boxes 10/10. Extremely clean, large spacious pool, amazing food that exceeded all expectations. That staff couldn't be any more helpful especially Hela and the general manager(can't remember his name).

Nothing to fault and would definitely go back. Nothing is too much trouble for any of the staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple