“Almost PERFECT”

Ranked #44 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Almost PERFECT”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I would write a lot about how great this hotel is. I was really impressed.
While i checked in late, I had a very warm welcome from receptionist Mohammed - very professional, helpfull and friendly young man. When he found out I came there to celebrate my birthday, he upgreated my room to top floor and great sea view,also arranged cake for my bday. All staff there is very professional and firnendly. My HK Mahmud - kept my room very clean, got always decaff coffee from him - nothing was a truble for him.
Also I was impresseed a lot by Emad waiter /busboy - always smiling, friendly, very professional young gentelmen.
Location is great,just 10-15min from the airport. 5 min by taxi from Hughada Centre.
Food was very nice, but it would be nice if hotel served more local food,

What would make this hotel perfect? - NON SMOKING HOTEL !!!
Smoking is allowed in this hotel almost everywhere, exept dinning room. Sitting at the lobby and using internet you can smell cigarrets smoke. At the corridors cigaretes smoke. Wanted to see evening show at the bar,but again smokers around didnt let me enjoy it at all - had to leave.
Maybe management should think about seperating smokers from the rest of the guests?
or make them smoke outside only. Why, we (non smokers) should suffer because of others bad habits?
I would love to go back there ONLY when this hotel will be more friendly for non smoking guests.
Beside smoking issue, hotel is PERRFCT

Room Tip: ask for 6th floor room - great views
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank DariusKN
LamiaSherif, Manager at Hurghada Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Dear Derek K,

It was a pleasure to have you here with us. We sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your kind positive review. We were delighted to read your wonderful comments on the hospitality you received and to know that we met and exceeded your expectations.

Thank you for choosing Marriott for your stay Hurghada and we look forward to seeing you and your family soon.

Best Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Berkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This was my first dive holiday, and first trip to Egypt. It was booked through Regal Dive, and received a free half board upgrade.

Airport transfer was relatively painless, and was greeted by our Regal dive Rep who put us in a taxi to our hotel. The transfer was only about 20 min, as they actually drive much slower than in the UK. The driver was very informative on the area.

We were greeted at the doors, our luggage was left for the porter to collect. We then had to go through a security point. Check in was slower than used to, but they were very friendly. You either need to leave cash or credit card if you want to charge anything to your room. If not just pay as you go. Don't bother getting currency changed before you go, as the rates in the machine are much better. You can either used your bank card or put in GBP notes.

The gift shop in the hotel is very expensive. I bought a bug keychain and cheap wooden beaded necklace for 220 Egyptian pounds (£20) where anywhere else I'm sure would have been much cheaper. The airport has loads of stalls, so recommend you buy there instead.

I read reviews after I booked, so sent an email to hotel before arriving requesting being on the 6th floor, and in the quietest area possible. I was pleased to be in room 649, overlooking the pool and beach.
The day was a little noisy but what you would expect, and it was the Egyptian school holidays. As I was diving most of the time, I was grateful for the peace in the evening. My friend was also on the 6th floor, but he was over looking the center of the hotel, and said it was very noisy with the entertainment every night.
The room was a decent size, nice balcony but the bathroom needed updating as very tired. However the cleanliness of the whole room was fantastic. I really liked the dressing gowns in the cupboard, a nice touch. The beds are incredibly uncomfortable, and I am used to a hard bed but these are beyond hard! Also take mosquito spray, I was only bitten while I was asleep and if I had the air conditioning on. I found out on my departure, that if you notify reception they would come and spray your room :-/, at least I know for next time.

The food was what I expected, everything tasted the same but all fresh. I preferred to have the food from the grill outside, as it was very tasty. We ate in the Italian restaurant twice, and was really nice and very cheap in comparison to the UK. Steak and half a lobster for about £20. Service in both restaurants was great.

The one day I had planned to relax I was in bed with a migraine, so can't advise what the pool/beach area were like. We did grab lunch by the pool the day we left, and the burger was nice.

I booked myself for two messages, the prices were on par with the UK, but were for longer. They were both worth it, and after lugging diving equipment all week they were well deserved.

All our diving was with Aquarius which was based on site, and they were great. Their boat was definitely the best kept out of all the others we saw out to sea. The dive team and crew were all fantastic. We did our advanced OW while we were out there. Highly recommend Aquarius even if you are not staying at the Marriott. Water temp was 24 and air was 28 most days. I didn't feel the need to wear a hood, or anything more than a 5mm full suit. But then again my last diving was November in Wraysbury Brrrrrrr. Water on board is only 35LE so much cheaper than getting it from the hotel.

The chemist is opposite the hotel and the Pharmacist was very nice. I didn't bring enough money with me , but he just said for me to bring the balance the next day. He was very trusting, and of course I did go back the next night. Please bring headache tablets etc with you, as a pack of paracetamol in the UK is about 60p, but there was £6!!! I'm sure they have tourist pricing!

I can honestly say that I felt very safe, and every single Egyptian I came across either staff or guest were fantastic. They are the friendliest nation I have come across.

I would definitely go back the the Marriott, as it is a great please for everyone.

Room Tip: 6th floor, overlooking the pool. Quiet on a night.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Claire C
LamiaSherif, Manager at Hurghada Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Claire C,
Thank you for choosing the Marriott and thank you for your candid review!
we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that your room, room cleanliness and our friendly staff was up to your satisfaction.

Looking forward to host you sometime very soon
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We can not say enough about the Marriott specifically, and Hurghada EGYPT as a whole. Just breathtakingly WOW!! Coming from the USA, this was our first visit and certainly won't be our last! We booked a 10day trip at an incredible rate in January-whether was 28C 9/10 days or our stay!!!!!! Our friends were burried in some of the worst snow the USA has seen ;-( sorry for them.

When you arrive at the hotel, the excellent impression lasts through out. Marriott is definitely 5* when it comes to service, upkeep, cleanliness, and most important guest-care. We were checked in by a fellow named Ahmed, whom I spoke to directly before arriving. He said he would be there to personally check us in; he delivered. Due to family orientation he advised us to go with the Suite-apartment layout. It consisted of a MBR, 2nd room, a sleeper sofa, HUGE balcony, LARGE kitchen, dining area, and good sized bathroom. It was perfect for our 10day stay!!

Next, I hopped in the shower with HOT HOT water, with spa herbs at our dispense. What a perfect start. Later, we caught up with the breakfast buffet, which in all honesty had EVERY type of breakfast item you could ask for. My sunny side up mushroom omelette was perfectly prepared by Chef Mabrouk. Needless to say the food kept everybody full, even past even lunch. Breakfast area was CLEAN, waterfront, with plenty of waiters to serve our needs and the kids.

The hotel had lots of amenities as seen in pics. Kids had a blast. It is VERY family friendly with plenty to keep busy at the kids center while Mom & Dad relax or dine..etc. Denise at the Kids center was AWESOME! We felt safe leaving our kids tended to by Denise. She truly adores kids; and it shows. She even offered to come play with them at the beach. Another helper at the kids club was Olga. She was great!! She set up a kids mini disco everynight, blasting the kids favorite tunes, while we had a relaxing candlelight dinner. Matto kept all in shape with pool aerobics class everyday at noon. He covers all skill levels ;-).

The beach area is CLEAN, plenty of drinks, and adult friendly. No dog barking, nor unsupervised children (thanks Denise!)....just the delicate sound of the waves against the fine sand. Sitting at the island was also very relaxing, again with the gentle sound of the palm trees and Red sea. Speaking of which is ABSOLUTELY the cleanest seawater Ive seen anywhere in the world. You literally have small fish swimming at your feet right at the beach. CLEAN air, CLEAN water, and SUN everyday....what more could we ask for.

Tip: Breakfast>Lunch>Dinner. The dinner variety isn't as invigorating as breakfast. Lunch has excellent portions and made by a 5* Chef, however you are probably still full from breakfast ;-).
That being said, you HAVE to check out the fish restaurants in Hurghada. INCREDIBLY fresh fish. Try ElMina, Starfish, and ElHalaka restaurants (in that order).
Don't forget to take a stroll down Sheraton Rd.- reminds me of Myrtle beach.

We will be back!! I hope this helps.

Room Tip: book the apartment suites if 1-you have kids, 2-large party 3-want to save $$
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ace_Xz
Dear Ace_Xz,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your kind positive comments following your recent stay with us.
We were delighted to know that we met with your expectations and we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back again soon.
We thank you for choosing Marriott for your stay in Hurghada and we very much look forward to seeing you again soon.

Ladysmith, Canada
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Memphis Tours arranged our stay here for 3 nights at the end of our tour of Egypt, and we are so glad they did. Great hotel, comfortable rooms, awesome view, good food, great staff. On my next trip to Hurghada I will definitely stay here.

Room Tip: The hotel is in 2 parts and all Oceanside rooms have a view of the ocean
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank travellynne_53
LamiaSherif, Manager at Hurghada Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear travellynne_53,
Greetings from Sunny Hurghada!
We were delighted to read your kind positive comments following your recent stay here with us.
It was great to know that you enjoyed your holiday and we very much look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back sometime soon.
Thank you for choosing Marriott for your stay in Hurghada and we trust this finds you well.

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed with my family for 6 nights, check in early as i requested, high floor (6), both sea and pool view.
My kids enjoyed so much with the great efforts of the Animation team specially "Olya" and "Erika".
Reception team, check in in 5 min., great effort during the whole stay to do any request.
breakfast, great big variety , fresh juice, big team surfing around to help all guests.
Dinner, i tried the open buffet, good but need more variety.
Daily mini Disco for kids at 8:30 PM, variety of shows daily at 10:30 PM.
Thanks for all Marriott team for making my vacation great.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ahmed M
LamiaSherif, Manager at Hurghada Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Ahmed M,
We are thrilled to know that you, and your family especially the little ones enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for your candid review your time is really appreciated

Looking forward to hosting you back sometime very soon

caerphilly
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This was our 3rd visit to this hotel. We have always enjoyed our stay but this time was better than ever. The hotel seems to have had a silght make over and staff training has been improved. Our room was clean and very comfortable. Breakfast buffet was lavish and, even here, the service was friendly and attentive. The Surf and Turf restaurant is as good as any in Europe and not as expensive as you might think. The food here was much better than the evening hotel buffet which had a wide variety of options. The animation team did a good job with children and teenagers. The beach and public areas were as immaculate as ever. Watching the BlueOTwo boats at the jetty being readied for departure was most interesting.

Room Tip: Choose a Neptune suite. At some times of the year they are not as expensive as you might think.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank annieCaerphilly
LamiaSherif, Manager at Hurghada Marriott Beach Resort, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear annieCaerphilly,
Greetings from sunny Hurghada!
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with is and that our service leveled up to your satisfaction

Thank you!
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Stayed at Marriott with my family for 4 nights.. we really enjoyed our stay, everything just went fine.
Staff are very professional, helpful and friendly, we checked in and out smoothly.
it is an elegant, relaxing and well maintained hotel, Our room was spacious clean with nice balcony and views over the red sea and the pool.
Food quality and varieties was great,
I strongly recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank HossamBashir
Dear Hossamaze,
Thank you for choosing the Hurghada Marriott Beach Resort!
we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us!thank you for recommending our hotel!
looking forward to hosting you back sometime very soon