“Surprises”

Ranked #78 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
St. Gallen, Switzerland
“Surprises”
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

If you expect a European Hilton standard then you will be dissapointed... But for a all inclusive hotel you get a really good value... The staff is really friendly and the beach with clear water and the great pool area makes it a great hotel... In the bungalows u can see that the hotel already had his best time... So normal standard and the bathroom lower then average... But overall a great value for a low price... For your stay there don't use the spa area (or just take a massage) but take dive trip (also great if just take a trip to the reef from the hotel)...

• Stayed October 2013
hilton_longbeach, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found our resort a good value for you.

I am also pleased to note that our overall services and accommodation provided were up to your satisfaction.

Once again thank you and I am very much looking forward to welcoming you back at the Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort.

Michail Michail

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

I spent 3 nights in the hotel, it's a lovely place to be in thr staff are friendly especially the house keeping guy, the hotel itself i very Hilton quality every thing is good but for the food selection it lacks the variation and isn't that good in taste acceptable but not good and as for the guy responsible for the reservation in podium restaurant he was always not in his place but overall i enjoyed my visit and looking forward for my comeback

Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest,

Firstly, I would like to personally thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to share your experience on your recent stay and for recommending our resort.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for praising on the staff and the quality of services.

I am sorry you did not like our culinary services, kindly rest assured our chefs are always reviewing and updating our menus. I am sure you will experience new items in our buffets during your next visit.

I have taken your comment about the Podium reservation personnel and will share it with our Food & Beverage Manger to take immediate action in this regards.

I truly hope to welcome you back in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

This is my second visit to hilton long Beach a very good stay. Staff were friendly, rooms are clean and in good condition, public areas clean and tidy.
Animation team is one of the worest team ever they don't integrate with egyptains at all.
food quality is good the staff at the resturants do all there effort to stasfy us , specially Mr. Wesam Adel from the food &Bavredge management.
I had a problem when I used the WC and when I get out I put my mobile and forgot it for 5 minutes and came back to find it stolen! !
No one care about the case and they said its out of our hand put ur stuff at the room locker.
I think the place need more care from management.
Am still staying for 2 more days but I already feel down from the behaviour of the management toward my problem.

• Stayed October 2013
hilton_longbeach, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear Mr. Ahmed M.,

I would like to personally thank you for choosing our hotel for the second time and for posting your review on TripAdvisor website.

Firstly, on a positive note, it is a great pleasure indeed to read that your overall stay at the hotel was up to your satisfaction. I was glad to learn that you found your room clean and in a good condition, and the food was of a good quality.

Many thanks also for your excellent feedback about our friendly and helpful staff. I will personally relay your appreciative words to the Hotel team members who will be glad to know that their efforts contributed to your enjoyable stay.

On a different note, I am really sorry to hear about the loss of your mobile phone. I would like to assure you that my team has conducted a thorough investigation as soon as your claim was reported, however there was no evidence of wrong doing neither from hotel staff nor from guests. We do appreciate your understanding in this matter, bearing in mind that the lobby restroom is a public area used by many people. Nevertheless, I am glad to hear that my Senior Team met with you while you were still in house to assist you in enjoying the rest of your holiday with us.

Regarding your comment about Animation team, I have shared your feedback a with our Recreation Manager to take immediate corrective measures.

Once again, thank you for your time. I do hope that this experience will not deter you from visiting the Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort once again in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me so that I can personally ensure you are well looked after.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I had experience a very good stay in Hilton long beach. Staff were friendly, rooms are clean and in good condition, public areas clean and tidy. Good service experience,and good food quality, special in Podium restaurant.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

hilton_longbeach, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your well written accolades of our resort. It is encouraging to read that the overall standards in place were up to your satisfaction.

I am pleased to read that you experienced a very good stay with us, especially to know you enjoyed the food in our Podium restaurant. Indeed the Podium team is doing a great job in providing a special service to every guest.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you and your family again for another enjoyable stay at our lovely resort.

Shaftesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The hotel itself is very nice for the money however, we found it a bit too big for our liking, all of the staff were lovely and very friendly but because of the size of the place and the amount of people, it lacks a certain attention to detail. The hotel is also looking a little old and tired and could benefit from some refurbishment but this is only a minor point and we were very happy and comfortable. The food choices were a little limited in the buffet restaurants with many of the same dishes served every day! The plus point for us here though was the Podium restaurant, Chef Ahmed produces a new and exciting menu every day, creating authentic looking and tasting dishes from India to France, China to Italy and presents them beautifully! Our host Hesham welcomed us every evening and treated us with an attentiveness that was second to none even on the days when the restaurant was so busy the staff seemed to struggle!

The week that we spent at the hotel we mostly spent around the pool, we expected this area to be fairly noisy with the sounds of people and children in and out of the pool and with the hotel piping music around here all day as well this added to it, the disappointment came though when the 'Animation' team arrived each day and blasted their own music out over the top, drowning everything else out, this was also played so loud that the heavy duty speakers they were using even struggled to cope!!

Overall this is a very nice hotel with great staff and is located in a great location being only 20 minutes from the airport, I give it a 4 out of 5!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KND14
hilton_longbeach, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort, responded to this review, 26 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to learn that overall you found the hotel very nice, its location close to the airport was up to your satisfaction, and you felt happy and comfortable during your stay.

Thank you very much for your appreciative words about our team members being lovely and friendly. Indeed, our staff is our asset and they are doing a great job in welcoming and offering personal attention to each guest.

Regarding your comment about refurbishment needs, I would like to assure you that the hotel follows an annual renovation plan, which will bring our facilities in line with Hilton’s latest brand standards and enhance the guest experience.

Food variety is indeed a challenge, and our Kitchen Team is doing their utmost to meet the needs of everyone.

It was particularly pleasing to read your wonderful review about our Podium restaurant with the wide array of international dishes prepared and beautifully presented by Chef Ahmed. Thank you for praising on the authenticity and taste of the dishes as well as the warm welcome and attention provided by Hesham.

I have relayed your remark regarding the music played by the animation team to our Recreation Manager for his attention and necessary actions. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you again for your time and review. I truly look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort in the near future.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Overall great hotel definitely a 4 star. Food is average about 3 out of 5. Need to have more fruits and etc.
However Palladium restaurant is wonderful must visit. Chief Halid is the best!!!!!
Staff is helpful for the most part, however guys at the pull bar area are rude and need to be replaced ASAP...
And the biggest drawback is the solicitation of guys offering everything from spa treatments to water actives and etc.. Huge drawback..... And they are very pushy and don't take no for an answer.
So if I was a hotel management I would work on that.
Housekeeping is great ++++++5
Overall I would recommend this hotel to friends and family.....
Sincerely
Yevgeniy........

Room Tip: Always ask for a room in the main building they have the best rooms if u compare to the rest of the...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor and for recommending our resort.

I was pleased to learn that generally you found the hotel great.

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our Podium restaurant. Indeed, this facility is an asset to our property. I have shared your kind, encouraging words with Chef Khaled and he was pleased to receive them.

I have also relayed your improvement suggestions regarding the food to our Executive Chef, who is constantly updating our menus to please all of our guests.

I was delighted to learn your positive feedback about the helpfulness of our staff and the excellent service provided by our Housekeeping team.

On another note, I read with concern your comments about the attitude of some of our pool bar staff. This should not have been the case, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have encountered. Our Food and Beverage Manager is taking the necessary measures to avoid the re-occurrence of such issues in the future.

Regarding the salesmen of the spa and the aqua center, I would like to inform you that these facilities are managed by third parties and our Security Manager took action with the concessionaires to prevent such cases from happening again. Kindly rest assured that the undisturbed relaxation of our guests is our top priority and we always strive to create the best possible environment for our guests whilst on vacation.

Thank you again for your time and review, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort in the near future.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

1.I have been there from (16/10 to 19/10) during Eid Vacation, it was a nice vacation.
2.The resort is very big has about 6 swimming pools which is an advatage.
3.The food quality is average need to be improved, the rate of changing the empty dishes is very slow which makes the guests annoyed.
4.The Beach is amazing, there are many activities that can be used.
5.There was an animation team show every night, they were very good.
6.you can use the club car to go anywhere in the resort, you can call for it any time from the reception.
7. the room furniture need to be improved.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
hilton_longbeach, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to spend your Eid vacation at Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort and for taking the time to write a review through this website.

I am delighted to learn that your stay at the hotel was nice, and you enjoyed the abundance of swimming pools as well as the wide range of recreational facilities on our 1100 m long private sandy beach. I am equally glad to hear that you found the animation shows very good.

I have relayed your feedback about the food and replenishment to our Executive Chef for his attention and necessary actions, where applicable. It is worth mentioning that quality and variety of food is our top priority and we are regularly updating our menus to please all of our guests. Nevertheless, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have encountered.

Regarding your comment about the furniture in the room, I would like to assure you that the hotel undergoes an annual renovation plan in order to enhance the guest experience and bring our facilities in line with Hilton’s latest brand standards.

Thank you again for your time, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort in the near future.