“Pirates Scuba Diving Center Hilton in Hurghada”

Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort
Ranked #85 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed 28 January 2011

I highly reccomend the Pirates Diving Center in the Hilton Long Beach Resort in Hurghada. I am not able to recall my diving instructors names but a big thank you to Walid and his team! I had an amzing diving experience. It was my first time diving and I was being instructed and quided very well. I am amazed by the underwater world and the fun I had with the other divers and the diving team. I would also like to mention the chef on the boat. The food was incredible. Keep up the good work guys and regards from Munich, Germany!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Rouv

Reviewed 27 January 2011

On 30th January, we will have a rest to your hotel,and we are are disturbed by a situation in the country.
Will you guarantee us safe rest in your hotel?
I read that there are bugs and mosquitoes in some rooms of your. whether so it actually?
We hope for comfortable stay in your hotel.
Yours faithfully, Vohmianina Svetlana.

1  Thank SvetaStupino
Reviewed 22 January 2011

Expensive prices in local stores on resort. (4 or 5 times the prices as in Downtown).
Lovely hotel with a beautyful beach (for children too).
Kindly and polite crew and staff on the resort.
Unfortunately my vacation was wrecked by rude, unpolite and drunk Russian guests.
They have no manners what so ever and they are taking half the buffet down to there own table at dinner and they are only eating half of it!!!!

THE PIZZA IS FANTASTIC :-) Don't miss it!

No ladder down from the bridge and down to the coralreef.

Review collected in partnership with Apollo
hilton_longbeach, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2011

Dear Guest, Firstly, I would like to thank you for your Trip Advisor review. I am happy indeed to note that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Many thanks for your kind words regarding the hotel, our beach and Team Members. However, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience encountered, appreciate your understanding that the attitude of some guests are sometimes out of our hands, but we always do our best in order to assist all our guest in enjoying their moments with us. Once again, thank you for your time and looking forward to welcoming you again soon at the Hilton Long Beach. Regards, Kamel.

Reviewed 22 January 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here during november 2005 and the food I will give 8/10, All of the staff including the security police were so nice and polite, The nswimming pools were spotlessly clean as were the toilets. Our apartment was in the garden area 4 mins walk from the main building and it was perfect and we slept in the most comfitable bed that we have ever slept in. The beach was perfect and the day trip to paradise island was one of the highlights of my life, We encountered a small number of Russians in this hotel and they were well behaved but I understand that they can be a problem with heavy drinking in the town which is some distance away and it did not affect us. The previous week we had done a river Nile cruise which was also perfect, Mr Peter Newman

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
hilton_longbeach, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2011

Dear Mr. Newman, Many thanks for your positive feedback through the Trip Advisor site. It is a pleasure indeed to note that you enjoyed your holidays with us. I will pass your kind comments regarding our staff onto them and I am sure they will appreciate them. Once again, thank you for your time and looking forward to welcoming you again at the Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort in the near future. Regards, Kamel

Reviewed 17 January 2011

Hilton Long beach- most of the time-relaxing!! Service-very polite- good in security, consierge and reception. Also managers!! Most of the staff was very nice, some of the sellers was flirting and could by anoing some times. Long way to the centrum, Hurghada.Taxi cost ap 40-50 Le, one way.20 min. But there was also a shuttle bus!! Few small shops inside and outside the hotel. The room was big.The cleaner made beautiful flowers when making our room. He was very polite, smiling and nice. We got a nice wiev in the main building. The first 2 days it was windy. But later we tried the wather, it was cold the first 20 mtrs,still not reach the knee, then suddenly it start getting warmer and warmer. It was lovely: swimming in the red sea!Ohh.
There was visitors from russia, they did not do anything to us, but we feelt sorry for the way they treath many of the staff. You are on holdiday- why cant we all do everything to the best? Smile and be happy. Be polite and behavior propery. Well- we had a good time.They had nightclub-but we never try it.We went to Hurghada only once alone with a invitation from the hotels Cloth Istanbul . Then back again after the show. To be safe was importen to us.
It is a all inclusive hotell, we dont drink any alcohol, so I miss my pepsi max, but lucky they had pepsi diet. Food -was mostly good, very nice dessert. Haha- but lucky- I did not put on weight!. I tried to learn some arabic words. Nice".Shokran"!! :-)means:" Thanks". In norwegian I spell: "have a nice day"-like this: "jom saiid."(how i pronace it in arabic). Well- we learn everyday. Think positive, be habby, remember only the good thing!!!
Then you have a nice lovely day, and a wonderful vacation!!

• Stayed: January 2011
Review collected in partnership with Apollo

Dear Guest, I am referring to your Trip Advisor review and would like to thank you for your time and kind comments regarding the staff and food. I was indeed happy while reading your feedback and felt the positive spirit you have, and also to note that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for your tips for those who decided to go on holidays and to always be happy. I hope you will have the chance to visit us again in the near future. Regards, Kamel

Reviewed 8 January 2011

Stayed here first week of January including new years eve. New years eve gala dinner was an additional £90 each and wasnt worth it. It was a very unimaginative cold buffet. The rooms were big and clean and the staff very polite. The vast majority of guests were Russian, and they are without doubt the rudist and most ignorant race of people i have ever met. But thats not the hotels fault. The food in the buffet restaurants was absolutely revolting. It was all luke warm, had no flavour and was quite honestly the poorist quality food i have ever come across. We ended up eating out !!!!! The pizza bar was great, the pizzas really nice but only all inclusive from 2pm to 4pm !!!! rip off. The main hotel bar is only all inclusive untill 6pm, after this you either have to pay for your drinks or get them from a wheelie bin in the hotel foyer. There was a sports bar but it was cold, tired and lacking in atmophere. The food in the Podium al acarte restaurant was awful as well. There are cheaper hotels in Egypt that offer much better value for money. We ate out a few times at the New Marina in Hurghada and there are lots of restaurants that serve great quality food at very reasonable prices, Heaven and The Lodge to name two. I would not stay at this hotel again purely because of the food, but i would return to Hurghada and stay in a cheaper one and eat out every night. This hotel is not worthy of the name Hilton.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
hilton_longbeach, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2011

Dear Guest, Many thanks for your Trip Advisor review & feedback. On a positive note, many thanks for your kind words regarding the cleanliness of rooms and staff being polite. However I was very much concerned to hear that your food & beverage experience at the hotel was not up to your satisfaction. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience encountered. Kindly note that our kitchen team is constantly changing and updating all our menus and we save no efforts in order to meet with all nationalities' expectations and satisfaction. Once again, thank you for your time. Regards, Kamel Ajami

Reviewed 6 January 2011

First of all - If you dont like russians and their rude and inpolite behavior dont go there. They are blokking sunbeds, stepping in in the lines at the restaurant, threating everyone around them like pessants.

Restaurants Aldente and Lotus the all-inclusives are like cafeterias. Okay food but so much noise and greedy russians. Very very nice waiters. They´ll do anything to make you feel good.

Restaurant Pagode - really lifted our stay. Ate there once for free, but came back 8 times. The manager was excellent and his staff so serviceminded++++++

Poolarea is super - poolbar okay and snackbar a little poor serving only hotdogs and burgers. icecream only in scoops 2 times a day for an hour.

Got so tired of egyptians trying to sell camelrides, diving, hair, massage by the pool. Was interrupted between 10-15 times every day!!

Dont use hoteltaxi. Costs double. Was surpriced that you could buy fake bags, watches etc. a the Hotel. Thats really bad taste for a hilton.

Room was very worn out. Had mainteneace 6 times for hot water.

Wifi costs an egyptian montly pay for 24 hours

We overall had a wonderfull vacation with pleased children age 6 and 8

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Lunau

Dear Guest, Many thanks for your feedback through Trip Advisor website and for your kind comments concerning the polite staff and our Podium restaurant. It is a pleasure also to hear that you and your family had a wonderful vacation with us. I have taken notes of your detailed feedback, and please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience encountered, kindly rest assured that necessary corrective measures will be taken immediately. I also appreciate your understanding that the behaviour of some guests is beyond our control, however we save no efforts in order to assist all our guests in enjoying their holidays with us. Once again, thank you for your time and hope you will be able to visit us again n the future. Regards, Kamel Ajami