“Simply Stunning!!!!”

Ranked #1 of 221 Hotels in Hurghada
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
“Simply Stunning!!!!”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We have just returned from staying at this fabulous hotel, and I cannot recommend it highly enough!! From the moment we arrived, we were waited on hand and foot!! What makes this hotel stand out from all of the others I have stayed at is that they treat you like an individual every step of the way.

As most of you that are reading this will most probably do, we spent most of our time by the pool soaking up the beautiful Egyptian sun. Each day we were given complimentary sun cream, ice cold hand towels and every now and then... a complimentary drink. My favourite is the ice cold hibiscus juice!

The food all across the hotel is incredible, and if you eat by the pool they change their menu each day. They have a fantastic Indian restaurant as well, that serves the most incredible Nile Perch curry!!

I could keep going on for ages, so all I will say is that if you are considering staying here.... just book it.... you will NOT regret it!!! And if you REALLY fancy splashing out, try and book the Royal Suite which gives you a private pool, and a gorgeous dining area!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nick P
Oberoi_SahlHasheesh, General Manager at The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us at The Oberoi, Sahl Hasheesh on your recent visit. I take this opportunity to thank you for your encouraging comments and for the lovely pictures you have put on the trip advisor.

We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about the hotel, team and services, especially the quality of food at the Indian restaurant and service at the pool.

We are extremely delighted to have you as an “ambassador” for The Oberoi, Sahl Hasheesh and look forward to welcoming you and your friends and family back to our slice of paradise.

reuben.kataria@oberoihotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Where do i start......
Whisked away from the airport, refreshed with towels and water by the Oberoi friendly chauffeur and greeted by Mustafa at the reception, taken by a buggy where my suite awaited me with my luggage already there. And what a welcoming site the suite was perfect I knew I was in the lap of luxury and instantly felt at home.
As for the rest of the holiday indulged in everything from learning towel art (Tito is a creative genius), sun gazing, night time cinema, the amazing menu from head Chef Ashisha (and such a big thank you for making a cake for my Mum and helping me send a birthday video) and all the restaurant staff who made me feel at home. I even went as far to having a romantic candle lit dinner for one, spa from head to toe and even experienced threading (far less painful than waxing), to the best experience of all diving. I can honestly say I was probably the worst student but the entire staff at the Dive Pro Academy dive centre were both patient and so kind to help me re-find my inner Nemo. Thank you Mohammed Salah, Ahmed Airline, Ahmed Zayed, Mohammed and Ashraf especially for the day boat trip where I really did feel like a mermaid, eventually. The Coral reefs are stunning and they are pretty much on your doorstep, just a walk along the jeti and you are there amongst sting rays, turtles, sea horses and the most exquisite magical underwater world you can imagine.

I loved my time at the Oberoi so much so that I extended twice, quite literally I didn't want to leave and felt amongst friends - so thank you Reuben and all of your staff you made this a truly unforgettable experience and as a solo traveller I never once felt alone.

I will see you all soon in September and hope to bring many friends so that they can experience what I have first hand.

Jessica (A friend of The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh)

Room Tip: Suggest the Truly Unforgettable package, amazing breakfasts, poolside refreshments, water, cool towe...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank fruitdamare
Oberoi_SahlHasheesh, General Manager at The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us at The Oberoi, Sahl Hasheesh on your recent visit. I take this opportunity to thank you for your time in evaluating our product and services.

We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about the hotel, team and services, especially the contribution of Tito, Chef Ashish, Mohamed Salah, Ahmed Airline, Ahmed Zayed, Mohammed Ashraf. We are glad that we were able to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Definately the best hotel in Hurghada. The villas are excellent, The food is very good, as is the SPA (Salin gives the best Thai massage ever)! The staff is very friendly, especially Khalifa made our stay. Some if the staff in reception could work on their English skills where it comes to understanding the guests, and on their execution (some things just didn't work as smooth as you might be used to in comparison).
We especially liked that the hotel isn't as huge as many of the other in the region, feels less crowded therefore. Thank you very much, we will come back!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about the hotel, team and services, especially the contribution of the Chef, Salin and Khalifa. We are glad that we were able to exceed your expectations.

I have also taken note of your comment regarding the comprehension issues you faced at the reception. I apologize for the inconvenience. I have taken the matter with the team and we will work on improving the skills.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Switzerland
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We spent a very enjoyable week here over the Easter period and the hotel itself was exactly what you would expect from a property in this group. However I have been fortunate to visit a number of Oberoi hotels in different parts of the world and for regular visitors there are one or two areas which may need sharpening up to maintain the consistency that regular guests to this chain are used to.

The service in the bar in the evening was often painfully slow and caused frustration for us and a number of other guests. This seemed particularly true if you had decided to sit outside overlooking the pool. Out of sight was definitely out of mind, even when the bar wasn't busy
As many have commented, the Indian restaurant is really excellent with a superb selection of unusual dishes. However in the main restaurant the service was often a little too chaotic. There were certainly plenty of staff, almost entirely male, which may actually be the problem !!! ('too many 'Chiefs' ?) but the whole operation seemed very disorganized and fragmented. When mistakes were made there was no hesitation in apologizing but on many occasions the number of apologies required to keep us and people seated around us satisfied made for an uncomfortable dining experience.

Although there is a reasonable wine list with prices to match !!, there is very limited expertise at the hotel which reflected in the 'advice' provided and the ability to serve wine professionally. A number of the wines listed were unavailable all week !! but there was no system for alerting guests to that at the time of ordering but only after a lengthy search !! Very frustrating. Part of this I'm sure is cultural .. but is in stark contrast with the passion for wine that is evident in some other properties in the chain in the Muslim world .. Oberoi Mauritius for example.

Having said all of that the rooms, the general areas of the hotel were first class and the service and facilities available at the Dive Center were impressive. Some may find the location of the hotel not to there taste but for me it was a bonus to be well off the beaten track. The strength and quality of the WIFI connection even in the public areas of the hotel was poor ..so if you're planning to combine a little work with your stay you may be in for a frustrating time.

Having said all of this ...would I return ..yes I would ..but with my expectations suitably lowered in a number of areas. I think an injection of experienced staff may improve the situation but I appreciate the difficulties as Egypt grapples with its current challenges. I had a good conversation with a very efficient and professional lady from Customer Services before we departed and I genuinely felt that she understood the comments reflected here.

Room Tip: Suite 405 is an excellent room some distance from the main part of the hotel but right on the beach.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Hugh B
Dear Guest,

We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about the hotel and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.

I have taken careful note of your comments regarding the Wi-Fi and the service in the bar and on the issue of non availability of wines. I apologize for the inconvenience. I will like to assure you that you will find a marked difference the next time you visit us

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I chose Oberoi to be our destination on our anniversairy. We had an amazing time. We stayed in a suite with a private pool, all staff were so welcoming and helpful. It's the perfect place where you will feel completely pampered.
It's a romantic hotel, highly recommended for couples and the spa is a must trial .

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nermine M
Dear Guest,

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and felt pampered.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a wonderful week at the Oberoi. I rarely write reviews but with The Oberoi I felt the need to share my thoughts and I will try to be as concise as possible without repeating what other guests have already described. The Oberoi is providing a truly unique service and distinguishes itself from the mass market. The resorts 'all-suite' concept, facilities and layout is designed to give a true sense of tranquility and privacy. The service level is beyond vast majority of Hotels in Egypt and perhaps in the region. Staff are courteous and pertain the right balance between friendliness , sense of service but without being intrusive. The hotel has a clear vision and strategy in providing good to excellent quality of food. Even thought with difficulties in Egypt with the suppliers in the tourism industry the Hotel is able to maintain high standard. The chefs are true professionals that work hard to constantly deliver the desired quality with constantly changing menus and are willing to go beyond to fulfill the guests needs while also being open for suggestions and comments.
Finally the hotel's management and GM are at the hart of its success, showing true commitment and ensuring guests satisfaction. Overall with the high level of professionalism, and genuine sense of service the place provides the guest with a true and unpretentious sense of comfort and intimacy. To conclude this one of Egypt's best Hotels.

Some points for improvement :
1. While knowing that Internet is a common issue in Hurghada and Egypt in general, I hope one day this can improve.
2. Improve quality of coffee ie espresso, cappuccino. American coffee is fine
2. Improvement -in suite- coffee and tea facility
3. Movie night -more recent movies-

Thank you Mr. Kataria and team, I am certain we will meet again in the nearby future.

George K.

Stayed May 2014
Dear Guest,

We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about the hotel, team and services, especially the food at the hotel. We are glad that we were able to exceed your expectations.

I have also taken note of your comment regarding the Wi-Fi, latest movies and the quality of coffee. I assure you that you will find a marked improvement the next time you are here,

We are extremely delighted to have you as an “ambassador” for The Oberoi, Sahl Hasheesh and look forward to welcoming you and family back to our lovely hotel.

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I have never visited such an excellent hotel like Oberoi !! .. everything is a truly 5 stars , service, staff, food, location , rooms .. everything is just amazing !
i spent my honeymoon there for 4 nights which i do recommend for all honeymooners , they will treat you like you are their only and favourite guest in the hotel , they will pamper you with everything they can provide , they will simply amaze you in every single detail

Oberoi , You are the best ! .. Please keep it up to this level always

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Oberoi_SahlHasheesh, General Manager at The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Guest,

We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about the hotel, team and services. I am glad that you felt pampered

At The Oberoi, Sahl Hasheesh, we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.

We are extremely delighted to have you as an “ambassador” for The Oberoi, Sahl Hasheesh and look forward to welcoming you back for the fifth time.

Thank you for your continued patronage.