“A family vacation”

The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh
Ranked #1 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My wife, my two daughters and me spent 5 days in the Oberoi hotel and it was our first time in Hurghada and we never regret it. The service was one of the best we ever had despite we travel a lot. Housekeeping is the best I ever had indeed concerning cleanliness, tidiness and very meticulous . Rooms are verywell organized and conditioned. All people there including their manager Mr Kataria work as one team all the time, very friendly and smiling, the food is great, and the beach is awesome. Camel and horse riding at sunset on the beach was spectacular.
We were pampered really.

Room Tip: Our room was not on the beach and we needed a club car to move around but we did not have any proble...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gihanAlexandria
Oberoi_SahlHasheesh, General Manager at The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking time out to write a very nice trip advisor review. I am glad that you and your family felt pampered and we were able to exceed your expectations.

Your compliments for our food, beach service and housekeeping in the rooms will encourage us to do better.

We are extremely delighted to have you as an “ambassador” for The Oberoi, Sahl Hasheesh and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally for assistance with reservations or for anything else I can do for you in Sahl Hasheesh.

reuben.kataria@oberoihotels.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,453)

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Spent 4 days/ 3 nights with my hubby and his family and we all absolutely loved it! Service is impeccable and staff are extremely friendly and helpful! Starting from the drivers who picked us up at the airport to the manager who was always around keeping an eye on everything and even sending my father in law a cake for his birthday! The suites are luxurious and spacious and we really enjoyed the pool in my in-laws suite. I would highly recommend it to couples and families who want to spend some quality time together.

Stayed: August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words. Your appreciation and acknowledgement of our work will definitely encourage us to do better.

We are extremely delighted to have you as an “ambassador” for The Oberoi, Sahl Hasheesh and look forward to welcoming you back.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay, the hotel is catered for honeymoon everything was more than I expected. I strongly recommended for couples seeking calmness and romance. The staff are welcoming very friendly .

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yamen S
Oberoi_SahlHasheesh, General Manager at The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us at The Oberoi, Sahl Hasheesh on your recent visit. I take this opportunity to thank you for your time in evaluating our product and services.

We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about the hotel, team and services.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

A real rare gem, set in the most beautiful surroundings. The Hotel and Staff cannot be compared with another in Egypt.
After having spent nearly 5 weeks here this year, we still can't wait to return. The service and standard of care is faultless. The grounds are pristine and the Suites, large, airy and very clean.Nothing is to much trouble for the Oberoi. Please may I personally thank all the various levels of Management and Staff for the most cherished memories. A truly wonderful experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Horspool

Dear Guest,

At The Oberoi, Sahl Hasheesh, we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.

We look forward to welcoming you and the family back to our slice of paradise. Thank you for your continued patronage.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

The suites are beyond amazing, beautifully decorated and easy on the eyes. Breakfast isnt a hige variety but whats there is all delicious and done perfectly. Service is stunbing, people are so friendly, helpful and take care of your every need. Would recommend this place to people on their honeymoon. My only main complaint is that hotel should put a certain age limit for children staying at the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful things you have said about the hotel, team and services especially for the team.

I have also taken note of your comments regarding the kids and would like to convey that we only get the children during Easter or feast time.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

kind regards

Reviewed 6 August 2014

If you're looking for top end hotel in Hurghada you're at the right place. The hotel setup is beautiful, the rooms great and the housereef very interesting. It's a very relaxed place. The food was one of the best we had until now in Egypt.
The service is less good than you would expect for that level of hotel. The staff is very friendly and helpfull but it's clear they lack training. The poolside cleaning could have been more pro active.
But all in all we had a great week at the Oberoi.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bernard P
Oberoi_SahlHasheesh, General Manager at The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Guest,

We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about the hotel, team and services, especially the room, the food at the restaurants and the house reef. We are glad that we were able to exceed your expectations.

I have also taken careful note of your comments regarding the pool cleaning and the training needs. I will personally look into it.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My family and I spent one glorious week at the Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh in Hurghada.
A truly stunning hotel located in a perfectly, yet secluded, area of the Red Sea. The premises is bestowed with breathtaking views over the rainbow coloured ocean and the coral reef below as far as the eye can see.
The hotel is a piece of architectural perfection, luxurious and elegant, both inside and out, and provides an impeccable personalised assistance to all its clientele.
It boasts perfectly manicured gardens, a wonderful swimming pool and an impeccably spotless and exotic private beach where the warm and soothing ocean breeze is a sheer delight. One can also walk along the hotel's promenade to discover the deeper part of the mysterious ocean.
Particularly unforgettable were the spectacular evening sunsets from this breathtaking location. Nevertheless, the most memorable moments spent at the Oberoi were the awakenings with the sunrise, basking in the silence of this wonderful oasis.
The suites are elegant and decorated to the highest of standards and the ensuite bathrooms designed using soothing natural marbles with a built in jacuzzi overlooking a private and confined terrace embraced with Bougainville trees and other beautiful plants which give the impression of being surrounded by nature.
A refined cuisine which never ceases to amaze as one savours the chefs' culinary talents..... a truly amazing experience, not to mention the personalised services provided by the chefs who strive to continuously cater for every clients desire.
Whilst reminiscing over the tranquility and beauty of this resort we truly did enjoy the daily workshops discretely and perfectly organised by the hotel such as the culinary workshop, the massage seminar, the star gazing demonstration in the evening and many more. Most memorable were the various trips arranged by the commendable staff at the front desk who accompanied us to meet the organisers and ensure all was in order prior to embarking on our outing and returned to collect us.
The diving school (in situ) and trips it provides are fabulous, not to mention the team of qualified and caring divers who accompanied our three children into the deep sea to see the marine life and coral and guided our, son step by step, towards obtaining his first PADI diving certificate.
Comparable to the royal philharmonic orchestra this hotel is directed to perfection. In a nutshell, a perfect hotel in a perfect location with impeccable services which can only exceed expections. We look forward to returning to the Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh for yet another fine and luxurious stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Helen L N

Dear Guest,

Do let me know if I can be of any assistance in future

Yours Sincerely