“I do not recomend this hotel!”
Review of Roma Hotel

Roma Hotel
Ranked #205 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Novi Sad, Serbia
“I do not recomend this hotel!”
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Only good thing is that beach is near, across the street. They need to change the management of hotel. One person from the staff followed me, because I'm a girl and I did not have a male escort. Advice to women not to go anywhere without a male escort.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Ivana D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

My friend and I spent 10 days at this hotel; I had never been to Hurghada before, but my friend likes it there, so we went, for a rest, before the Christmas rush. We got there, was told we had no reservation; but we could stay, after we paid £100 as a guarantee; we were then showed to the room. We were given all the rights of all- inclusive, as was our deal. The next day we were told everything was alright, and we got her money back. ( I had booked and paid for the all- inclusive holiday 3-4 months earlier). The rooms were ok, but the restaurant was really terrible.... The food was non descript, hardly warm, let alone hot. Even if we were first to eat... The crockery was cracked, about 8 in 10 plates were cracked; cups were cracked: we had to ask for cutlery most if the time. We ended up having omelettes for every
breakfast, because they were cooked fresh. Chips from near the beach was our lunch. Then, the evening before we were going to leave, us, and an English couple, were told " we have no reservation for any of you"...( they had no problem signing in a week previously). We argued, and said we would NOT pay again, as we had receipts , and I was threatened with the Tourist Police.. The following morning, a Thomas Cook rep ( and we had not gone with Thomas Cook) sorted it out for us; but we had no apologies from the Reception Manager. I would go to Egypt again but never again to Hurghada, and certainly never to that hotel again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank 153nannyjill

Travellers are raving about these Hurghada hotels

Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Where to begin!!..I went from the 11th - 18th of nov 2013 On arrival (5pm) we were greeted nicely (they love us English) we waited half hour to be given our room as it hadn't been cleaned! When we got our room the beds were covered in Staines one mattress on the single bed was very thin and caused back problems! We complained and it was sorted 3 days into our stay!! We had no hot water for 4 days!! Rooms are rubbish not very nice at all! The pool area has broken sun beds the pool was making a dodgey sound! The lifts kept breaking! We got stuck once! Hassled by the shop owner!.. the food is disgusting nothing for us English the animation (show time) was horrendous absolute crap!.. The lobby was the only place that looked nice! We spent most of our time there lol! Now for the staff! Mustafa absolute gent worked as the night shift manager/ receptionist shame he has to work in that hotel he welcomed us always helped us with our problems. Such a funny person we had good time with him and he can speak English very well! Another young lad that worked in the bar was very nice we actually had a night out with him... The beach is across the road which was abit of a pain when u needed ur towel for the pool u had to walk over there to get a towel!! I would not recommend this hotel for the English this hotel is mainly for Russians there was 5 of us English when I stayed and we all stuck together lol!.. Worst hotel I've stayed in while being in hurghada! Other than a few people that worked there our stay was a bad experience! They need to cater for English and have clean bedding make rooms look a tad better sort the toilets out (didn't flush most the time) and make sure tv works and lights then maybe I will go back! But defo won't go back if not sorted.. lol!!

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank kirstymarie85
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Hotel food is basic however some days food was ok.
rooms always cleaned beds always made.
hotel decor is dated. The wifi only works in lobby bar.
hotel beach is across the road.
very close to the town so no need for cabs lots of shops and restaurants there hotel is a suitable for families and couples.
hotel otherwise is pretty boring find thing's to do.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank mackieandzara2
Maidstone ,UK
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We booked this hotel almost a year ago when there were lots of good/reasonable reviews. We were very disappointed to see the hotel scores go so low, therefore expectations weren’t high, but we were prepared to make the most of it, whatever we found. After two days we had a meeting with the management who had recently taken over this hotel. Many of the problems mentioned by fellow travellers were prominent in this hotel and needed sorting. We gave a list to management who said they were determined to turn the hotel around. Few Europeans, especially British came to this hotel as tour operators rarely recommend this it due to poor reviews.
We found our room was very nice, not 4* unless it got a refurb. The beds were very comfy. The TV had no English channels on. Management got us the BBC. Unfortunately it was in Arabic. Many things in the hotel reminded me of Fawlty Towers. However we laughed and got on with it. The lift was always being repaired. My girlfriend refused to go in it. I was in the lift with the repair man more times than I can remember. By the end of the week we were on first name terms and he had invited me for dinner to meet his family.
The lovely pool was dirty. After I spoke with management it was cleaned every day and was yet again what it should have been in the first place. The plastic cups were rarely given to us. We had proper glasses and were bought diet coke. The cracked cups started to disappear and the food which only had one meat dish at the start of the week often featured 3 meats. We enjoyed the meals and found them very tasty. However the food wasn’t always hot. The management are aware that British visitors will not accept plastic cups and sugary drinks; therefore prices might have to rise to pay for improvements.
The worst part of the holiday was the Russians. (some of them- several were nice, soberish, engaging and entertaining. Shouldn’t taint a whole nation by the antics of …. Well lots of them!) We were the only English people here. The Russians drank our allocation of booze as quickly as they could, often by 12pm, and then couldn’t stand up when eating lunch at 1pm. Although not all were like this the numbers who were was significant. Their culture seemed to suggest that they must drink a certain drink till it ran out, leaving people who wanted drinks later in the day disappointed. Eventually we learnt to put drinks aside in the fridge so there would always be something for us to drink.
The animation team didn’t realise there was anyone other than Russian there. However when they did the Russian dance music at the pool bar stopped, more English music was played and they often ‘pestered’ us to join in with events. This made us feel very welcome. The staff are the hotels best asset. They were marvellous. They understood where we came from, the fact we were polite in the face of adversity and went out of their way to accommodate their only English guests. We really did feel special.
The only real 4* bit of this hotel was the lobby area, which was a reminder of the hotels past glories. Much work is needed to turn this around. It can be done, but the type of guest who accepts a substandard hotel must change or the hotel will continue to decline. Overall we enjoyed our stay but wouldn’t rush back here until trip advisor marks have significantly improved. Hurgada is much cheaper than Sharm and you get much less hassle. We treated the hotel as a good 2 * and not a 4* and things were in perspective. There were lots of small faults but they didn’t spoil a great trip. Take it in your stride.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Danny100
Colchester, UK
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I paid for 2 weeks all inclusive. The bar in the hotel and beach was always running out of alcohol. When it was available it was served in plastic cups! The air con in the reception area was turned off, as was the lighting. Couldn't even see to put your key in your door as lights were off throughout the hotel. It seemed like the water pressure had been turned down and the shower 'dribbled' cold water only. No loo rolls in reception loos. Floor in room swept but not mopped. Food was disgusting and always cold. Lifts always out of order and we were on the top floor. Staff morale very low. This hotel is full of Russian guests - only 2 other English people. I have used this hotel 3 times before and each time it has got worse. I'll never stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank zzrlaura
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I would not recommend this hotel at all!!! I went all exclusive and the food was always cold I ask for a bottle of water and I had to pay, its like they make the food for the russians! The rooms were horrible me and my partner had to share a single bed there was no english channels on the t.v all russian channels, the lights were off dury the day and even thou it was light I couldnt see my room door key hole the lights were only on at night the air con in the hotel was always off theres no spa and gym! I had such a horrible time in the hotel and on the beach one day there was no spare loungers because they werw broke or taken up but the russian it was so bad me and my partner had to go next door they always run out of drinks on the beach and the small bar in the hotel had no drinks and never open beds sheets never changed toilet didnt flush and the shower was soooo slow coming out...part from the hotel being so a dissportment I met great people I.e bob on the beach and really enjoyed the boat trip to paradise island and sarfi trip. Would not reccomend this hotel to anyone!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple