My husband and I booked this hotel because of the good reviews It was our first time in Egypt and we were advised to go all inclusive and we were glad we did. When we arrived on the night the restaurant was open, it was very hot and it was obvious the aircon wasnt working, the room we were given wasnt much better.We were told the next day at the welcome meeting that there was a problem in Hurgada with the electricity and the hotel was running on 20 percent so they said the rooms were priority over everything. This doesnt help when your sat dressed up on a night sweating in the restaurants eating as fast as you can to get out of there, not a relaxing time it made you think whats the point.We tried different ones in the hotel but they where all as hot.We dont know if because of the situation was why they had a problem with ice, it was like gold dust they hardly had any and the drinks were warm most of the time. The food was nice and there was plenty of choice,a different theme each night but after a few days I fell ill and my husband did a few days later in fact he had to cancel his diving one day because of this. There is a diving place on site.The hotel is in a good area with its own lagoon and this is lovely and you have the choice of the pool as well.There is plenty going on during the day and the animation team are great but sometimes a bit to over the top.We kept having power cuts mostly on a night when you where trying to get ready which wasnt for long but sometimes awkward glad I had my flash light on my phone. The entertainment wasnt bad better than some places Ive been, something different each night. There was also a problem of running out of certain drinks but this improved the second week when some friends we met complained.We went out a few times but eating out is not a good idea unless you get a taxi to the marina, we couldnt find any where decent to eat on the main drag. The main drag is busy with maniac taxi drivers and pushy sellers, but if you say no thanks and walk on its fine.When shopping always half what they say and more we got a few bargains.If you do go out the drinks are cheap, there is a good bar near the hotel called the Retro bar which we used to go after 12 when all inclusive drinks stop. There is a night club in the hotel which smells funny but we had a laugh a few nights in there.I think its a shame for the hotel with the situation going on because the reviews where good before all the trouble but not a nice experience for the guests who fall ill, Im at home now and still not well yet. It hasnt put me off coming back to Egypt but unless the situation improves I think peolpe will stay away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to SUNRISE Holidays Resort. This resort is located only 500 meters from downtown. It gives you the relaxing retreat with our private island and will guarantee you an unforgettable atmosphere and the active night life of Hurghada's downtown. The resort is located at the Corniche Road in the center of Hurghada. The distance to the Hurghada international airport is approx. 5 km. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Odigeo, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your SUNRISE Holidays Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Holidays Hotel Hurghada
- Sunrise Holidays Hurghada