Possibly the worst 5 Star Hotel in Egypt ... You decide
Selected this hotel for Holiday on mixed reviews from trip adviser for 1 x week relaxing holiday in June. The bits missing from the brochure:
1. Food never hot, warm at best.
2. Rooms in poor décor we were located on 5th floor that is a wind tunnel for any ocean facing views.
3. Air conditioning smelt of burning.
4. Regular stomach upsets (food in many case was inedible).
5. Resort resembled a war zone at the hotel entrance; other resort areas we found also had continuous building works with the majority of hotels remaining incomplete.
6. Random power cuts, with room access cards often require resets, this happened to us twice. This affects lifts (safer to use the stairs)
7. Hotel lobby and bar areas smelt of sick, the incense sticks tried to mask this in the lobby.
8. Hotel requires refurbishment (probably cheaper to knock down)
9. Hotel boasts 3 x dining areas. Only 2 open and you have to queue as only limited seating.
10. Not quite all Inclusive, basic items like fresh juices you need to pay for and we arrived late and you have to pay for drinks after 23:59. (Ice Cream must melt, as was never offered or saw any. Drinks are local and not that nice.
11. In my opinion hotel does not offer sufficient seating for the size of the hotel, difficult to find any area to relax in if staying in at night.
12. For the adventurous, you need to take a “bear Grills" survival course to negotiate the paths, potholes, beggars and local store holders for that genuine antique. Perhaps a first aid course negotiating the beds and worn out bed linen.
13. Plastic glasses are poorly washed (resembles sheep dipping), dining tables never complete and missing items.
14. Indigenous visitors ensure you have company.
15. Safes not offered for valuables.
16. Beach bar has limited selection of food and rarely changes its menu; Barbecue area must have been broken as never lit.
17. Beach offers a red flag that suggest if hung you won’t get hassled by the many ticket sellers (Touts); ours did the opposite it was like "bees" to honey.
There is some positives, the sun shines, and the manmade beech provides a good illusion you are ion the golden sands of Egypt unfortunately it doesn't take long for the reality to hit home 24 hours if you’re lucky. One thing that is perfect is there is a good chemist across the road for the yellow bombs.
Good Luck for those choosing this one, I won't be going again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to SUNRISE Holidays Resort. This resort is located only 500 meters from downtown. It gives you the relaxing retreat with our private island and will guarantee you an unforgettable atmosphere and the active night life of Hurghada's downtown. The resort is located at the Corniche Road in the center of Hurghada. The distance to the Hurghada international airport is approx. 5 km. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your SUNRISE Holidays Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Holidays Hotel Hurghada
- Sunrise Holidays Hurghada