“Good location but not good for the 4 stars”

Hurghada SeaGull Beach Resort
Ranked #135 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed 21 October 2012

We ahd accomodation here in May 2008, and we arrived in the hotel very late in the evening from our tour trip on Egypt. The bad part was that they give us a room not good at all. Very old furniture, a bad smell inside, and hot water almost did not exist in that night when we arrived. In the morning I went to reception and ask there to change our room, and I do not know if was luck, but they changed our room with one much better. The new room was tottaly diferent and had sea side view, so we could enjoy tottaly the 4 days spent there in hotel. The food was very good. Maybe in this year 2012 the things changed, I do not know, but the I do not understand the management of that hotel to have rooms with big difference between them and the hotel are 4 stars. We enjoyed the beach and swam in the Red Sea and go with the Sindbad Submarine in a wonderful trip underwater of the Red Sea.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SafirAlbastru

Reviewed 8 October 2012

I have been to Egypt about 7 times, but this is the worst hotel. Location is maybe the only partly OK. I have experienced all possible bad service there:

1. Very unfriendly staff at reception. It is not only that you have to wait long to get any attention, they do not keep their promises, but they are simply rude all the time.

2. Ventilation did not work in my estimate in 80% of rooms, because I heard people complaining all the time around it. It also did not work in my room and imagine that in summer in Egypt. Good I am young and relaxed, for people with children or high blood pleasure that would be a killer. I have complained every day during 8 days stay to reception. They have promised to help, change room but nothing ever happened. So it was never repaired. Situation was ridiculous - somebody came to look at air conditioner about 3-4 times. They walked around, shaken their heads, opened and closed them, but could not repair. In turn they have started to flirt and I had to almost push them out from my room and complain again to reception. It repeated 3-4 times.

3. Food. Food was not tasty, just simply eatable. But it was almost always dirty and you could you would need to circle half and hour in restaurant to find a place to eat and then waiting another 15 minutes until table was clean. And there was sometimes a fight for plates between tourists. Seriously! Imagine 2 persons pulling one plate. There was never enough plates, glasses, waiters and so on.

4. Quality of rooms. This cannot be even called a quality. Very very old, dirty, many people had dangerous moisture in the walls. Not much to tell - just bad.

5. Cleanness. Same as before. No such word know. I have tried to get new towels. I have left them on floor as good behaving tourist. The cleaner picked them up and folded again. I complained. I thought - maybe the problem is because I did not leave him tip. So I changed small money and left as tip. He has taken it. And made me a swan next day - from dirty towels and he did not clean the room. Hmmm.. That was not excepted result.

6. Something else? Well - it felt like it was bad in all the aspects. No need to continue the list. I just strongly do not recommend.

And I am not a picky person. I think that somebody at my place would be simply furious. But since there are so many tourists from Russia, who do not speak English (I am Russian though myself) - most probably they just cannot write here a furious review.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Julia_Europe_82
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Sea gull is located in the center of Hurghadain the real city, not just hotel area. So in the evening you do not need to take taxi and all the hassle to go for a walk.

Hotel is good, service superb (Egyptian standards). All inclusive is a must. However when you try local drinks (included in all inclusive) not mixed, you discover that thay have around 5-10% of alcohol. So do not worry about getting drunk by having few Cola rums.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank RomanAlbrecht
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I was there this year in august.The problem started with the room.i saw four rooms and all looked the same with old furniture,disgusting bathrooms and a horrible smell of mildew.After one night we managed to change it, with another one at 4 floor, this one was a little bit better.The rooms were cleaned every day but didn t count. The food was poor, you had nothing to choose, a lot off lamb,some chicken and some beef.Fruits were only two kinds one day slice bananas, the other one oranges and some apples.The waiters weren t polite at all.You have to stay in line to get something after that they look at you,they shrugg and say you, that you can not take two small glasses of beer (for example )because you are only one persons.This is not an all inclusive concept. At the seaside the snacks were also poor boiled potatoes.
At the swimming pool area aren t enough lounges.
The only good thing in this hotel is the sea,it is very clean.
I recommend you not to go there.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank sea742
Reviewed 26 July 2012

i've just got bck from this ugly hotel, i checked in, with my little family, on friday, 20th july, the air condition wasnt functioning at all, neither in the lobby, nor in the rooms. we complained to the reception and they changed the rooms but we faced the same air condition problem. when we complained again to the reception they escaped from solving the problem and they claimed that it was a problem in the main electrical power supply in whole Hurghada, when i insisted that it was a problem with the air conditioning system (as i am a mechanical engineer specialized in the air conditioning systems), they finally called the maintenance team who confirmed that it wasnt an electrical supply problem as they claimed and lied. and they also didnt solve the problem. We checked out from the hotel on wednesday 25th july without solving this problem.
The room was cleaned every day but there were still some insects and little cockroaches in the toilet. the bathtub drain was blocked.
The food was very very bad. some chicken wasnt cooked well, sometimes the food was served cold

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Mizo M
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My review is regarding Sea Gull - the lower category hotel. The location is excellent, right in the city center, you can walk around whenever you want. At the beginning we had some problems, because we got a really-really bad room but we have complained at the reception and we had to spend only one night in that room. The next room was really nice and clean also. The food was excellent: planty of chooice every time.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Ildiko T
Reviewed 19 May 2012

I decided to come in this hotel based on visitors' recommendation from local web site www.putovanjainfo.com and I didn't regret.
This is very new hotel which belong to the Sea Gull Hotel, as visitor of the one you can use facilities provided in another two areas (place is quite big). Hotel has very nice garden behind and two swimming pull very close to room can provide refreshing in evening hours. Fitness center is has very good equipment and I am sorry that did't decide go there earlier.
I got a room equipped with new furniture and everything was worked properly, every day cleaning guys do their best, along cleaning they made crocodiles and birds for me and decorated my bed and room with flowers. It was such a nice surprise. I had no words to describe how stuff were careful and polite from the top to the lowest level, so even alone I feel very comfortable and very welcome (what was not the case in some other places).
Seems, food was mostly traditionally oriented with local Egyptian meals, biscuits and fruits and I like it because wanted to try more of local dishes.
There are three beaches which covers all different requests of visitors. The closest is smaller, more private with has relatively sharper entrance in the sea, second more suitable for people with kids which was also connected with the third which is the biggest and after few meters can swim normal in two three meter deep water, what was really important for me, considering my previous experience with beaches in these area.
Hotel is located in the main street of Hurghada, everything is very close, as well the most beautiful part of the town for night walk with nice cafes close to to sea is on 15 minutes by foot, Costa Cafe is across the street.
It was nice to see that people from this place honestly care about my pleasant stay as I am hosted in their home, it's gave me some positive feeling, nice memories and wish to come back here again.

Room Tip: Ask for east side view rooms, than every morning will be able to see amazing morning sunrise from th...