Festival Shedwan Golden Beach Resort
US$218
US$205
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Room was clean and good , very nice beach and lagoon .
The stuff is friendly , special thanks to Samy and Yulia .
Food quality is low , what u pay is what u get , can't complain !
There was Belly dancer and Tannoura show

Room Tip: Stay away from building 1,2&3
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank dr_Elbieh
Festival-shedwan, Manager at Festival Shedwan Golden Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Dr. Elbich,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your stay in Festival Shedwan Golden Beach, your kind words will be a great source of motivation for us all, and definitely help our reputation. We will definitely pass your comments to the staff you mentioned.

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you again in nearest future.

Hotel Management

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Hi everybody,

we are a young couple from Hungary, we was theree at 11-21 of august 2013.
To start, in the tripadvisor map this hotel is marked in a wrong place, if you want to be sure, check google maps! The right place is next to shedwan garden!
This hotel has two parts, one is four stars hotel, this is renewd this year, very good rooms, minimal style, nice. And there is the other part, it has three stars, this part is old hotel, don't belive the pictures from the hotel stuff, it's a lie. This hotel part is old, some of the rooms are ugly, but you can get nice ones also. AC is working and of course more money for the reception better room you get! :)
The new part and old part has the same food, which is not so bad, but it's always the same, nothing special. It will be good for a week, but for more it will be boring. The diner place is not the same for the two part, the new one is very good, the old one is dirty and dirty. :(
The stuff is great, they are nice, frendly, if you are good with the, they will talk with you and very frendly.
In the three star part there are 90% of the guests are russian, they are not so nice peoples, but it' ok.
The important thing, that the two hotels have the same beach, whic is very big, has three different lagune. This is the biggest and best beach in Hurghada, very good, you can swim in it, snorcel next to the pier. We saw murena also in the near. Very very good beach, absolutely! The beach deck chairs are also very old and the pads are dirty and torn, but you will get towels and with that, it can be enjoyable.
The worst thing, that in the beach you can not get cold beer, wrong point, you have to walk 200 meter for it. :( The alcohol drinks are very bad, don't try it, egypt made, not import.
So all together, if you go, go in the four star part, there will be great, the beach is super, for cold beer you has to walk. The three star part, is old and smelling bad, don't chose that part!

We was in the old part, so in my rating I will rate the three star part!

Room Tip: 407, beds are fine, AC working, baths was ok, smelling bad!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Gergo P
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

I'm here now, two rooms were stolen, money, cell phones and cameras were taken.
This is terrible.
Concerning food, it's the worst ever. For two days now, the salad was too bad.
Concerning rooms, some are ok and others are too bad. For example, my friend was in room 904 and after He entered the room He figured out that the door can not be closed ! I was supposed to be in room 5109 then they apologized because AC is not working !
Will never come again

• Stayed: August 2013
9  Thank Eagletony
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Older but still enjoyable hotel with very kind stuff.
There were 2 beaches both with laguna. Beaches were like hard trampled sand, with some small rocks. Very beautifull coral with color fishes was located at the farther beach.
Quality of food was very good, but weaker variety. For lunch and dinner was almost always (every other day) the same food. Fish, chicken, beef, vegetables, many salads, 2 kind of soup, very good cakes. Breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Talmer
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I've read the reviews about the hotel ranging from very bad to very good, and decided to share my ideas about it. I believe my review is impersonal and helpful. I stayed there with my last year from late July till early August, so I'm not actually aware with the current state of things, but I believe the approach of the hotel's management did't change for worse.
The main point is, if you opt for a 3-star hotel you shouldn't expect a 5-star-type of ccomodation. However, the rooms are good enough except toilet equipment which should be actually replaced, alongside some air conditioners, by modern ones. But, in my opinion, it's just an inconvenience, and in no way a major problem. Now I'm gonna list all good things about the hotel and its staff.
First of all I'd like to mention a good managemnet policy. Every day a group of managers, including either the hotel manager or his deputies, walk around all three beaches asking tourists whether they are satisfied with staying in the hotel, and what they are not satisfied with. During our first highly friendly conversation I mentioned that the room service had forgotten to bring big towels to my room. When I came back to my room I saw that my problem had been fixed. You can solve all your problems at the reception. Just ask Sami, their chief at the reception, he is highly skilled and able to handle any issue, keeping polite even with aggressive customers.
Other pros:
- three beaches with a snack bar on each, unlike most 5-star hotels
- sun-protected swimming pool
- friendly staff (NB! be friendly to them and they'll be friendly to you)
- large and lovely territory
- good meals for a 3-star hotel, and delicious bakery (although it's a bit hot in the dining hall)
The biggest knock against is that this year their price almost doubled from last year. Iin my opinion,it was not well grounded and reasonable, and was the main reason why I opted for another (5-star) hotel this year.
In conclusion, the hotel is quite good for having a nice rest on the beach for fair price.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family