“Happy traveling”

Festival Shedwan Golden Beach Resort
Ranked #118 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed 26 December 2013

In December of this year my husband and I decided to visit Egypt as a honeymoon. Was planned budget ,we so long peering into hotels, chose Shedvan Festival . And do not regret a single minute ! I had already contacted with the hotel management with request to provide a good number, so a special thanks to the concierges of the work with tourists Yulia and Irina .
The hotel has a large green territory , very clean . 3 large beaches - is enough space for all visitors of the hotel. Beaches probably one of the best on the coast ! The rooms are spacious and bright . We lived in the Building number 7 , we were more than satisfied. Every day we met a beautiful view of the sea. Room cleaning daily . Underwear for 12 days changed 5 times , more than enough ! In the room everything is working properly , no claims can not be.
Every day at the restaurant we met smiling restaurant administrator Mohamed . Special thanks to him , he's a real pro! To met such a stream of tourists who behave in a boorish, and he remain so attentive , it's a big job! The best impressions to bartender Said , no reaction to the audacity of tourists , professional work and responsiveness!
The breakfasts and lunches , and dinners were very tasty. There was always plenty to choose from . Meat, vegetables, fruit, sweets and pastries - all abound ! Thanks to the chefs for their work and attention !
The whole day was an opportunity to have a rest as well as spend time actively - thanks animator team! Every evening was interestinga program,it was not boring ! Thanks guys , you are very good !
Who lacked the evening program , could always go on the beach in Atlantic pearl restaurant . There every evening disco, shisha and pleasant service . Special thanks to Ali , he evoked warm feelings all visitors !
Hotel have some minus, need a small hotel renovation , but thanks for the service and attitude of the staff, we did not pay any attention on this ! The hotel management with respect and encouragement to tourists who continue stay their choice at this hotel! We are honored to be invited to such a dinner as newlyweds .
What can I say - just thank you for a lovely stay! We will come back to you and to all of my tourists , I will recommend this hotel! Such a warm atmosphere should be cherished !

Room Tip: Building #7
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ianamoroz
Festival-shedwan, Manager at Festival Shedwan Golden Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Festival Shedwan Golden Beach for your vocation. We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed your honeymoon stay with us. It is our endeavor to ensure that all our guests who pass through our doors have a comfortable stay and carry back fond memories. We are thrilled that we achieved the same with your stay. We look forward to your next stay.
Best regards, management Festival Shedwan Golden Beach.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We were vacationing with the family. All of us were enthusiastic about the rest. This is a very nice hotel. The room was always clean. The food is good , but not enough variety . There are a tasty snack, especially the pizza . Thank you to all the kitchen staff , special thanks to the waiter Mohamed .
The hotel grounds are large and beautiful . We wanted to be everywhere at once. On the beach there is always sun beds and mattresses. Give towels. There is a small water park, great fun for the kids.
A word about the animation team . Every day they organized for us morning gym, volleyball, water aerobics , dance, shows. You are very funny guys : Fabio , Buto , Alex, Shengi .
The hotel has a very friendly atmosphere . Always greeted you with a smile. All the people are hardworking .
Thank you for a pleasant time , we miss you . We wish you good luck and wish you funny and good guests. Hello from Russia . Julia, Lily , Julia , Alexandra

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Alexandra M
Festival-shedwan, Manager at Festival Shedwan Golden Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Dear Yulianna, We would like to express our appreciation for the positive feedback describing your stay in Festival Shedwan Golden Beach, and we are waiting you to welcome in July.
Hotel Management

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Room was clean and good , very nice beach and lagoon .
The stuff is friendly , special thanks to Samy and Yulia .
Food quality is low , what u pay is what u get , can't complain !
There was Belly dancer and Tannoura show

Room Tip: Stay away from building 1,2&3
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank dr_Elbieh
Festival-shedwan, Manager at Festival Shedwan Golden Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Dr. Elbich,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your stay in Festival Shedwan Golden Beach, your kind words will be a great source of motivation for us all, and definitely help our reputation. We will definitely pass your comments to the staff you mentioned.

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you again in nearest future.

Hotel Management

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Hi everybody,

we are a young couple from Hungary, we was theree at 11-21 of august 2013.
To start, in the tripadvisor map this hotel is marked in a wrong place, if you want to be sure, check google maps! The right place is next to shedwan garden!
This hotel has two parts, one is four stars hotel, this is renewd this year, very good rooms, minimal style, nice. And there is the other part, it has three stars, this part is old hotel, don't belive the pictures from the hotel stuff, it's a lie. This hotel part is old, some of the rooms are ugly, but you can get nice ones also. AC is working and of course more money for the reception better room you get! :)
The new part and old part has the same food, which is not so bad, but it's always the same, nothing special. It will be good for a week, but for more it will be boring. The diner place is not the same for the two part, the new one is very good, the old one is dirty and dirty. :(
The stuff is great, they are nice, frendly, if you are good with the, they will talk with you and very frendly.
In the three star part there are 90% of the guests are russian, they are not so nice peoples, but it' ok.
The important thing, that the two hotels have the same beach, whic is very big, has three different lagune. This is the biggest and best beach in Hurghada, very good, you can swim in it, snorcel next to the pier. We saw murena also in the near. Very very good beach, absolutely! The beach deck chairs are also very old and the pads are dirty and torn, but you will get towels and with that, it can be enjoyable.
The worst thing, that in the beach you can not get cold beer, wrong point, you have to walk 200 meter for it. :( The alcohol drinks are very bad, don't try it, egypt made, not import.
So all together, if you go, go in the four star part, there will be great, the beach is super, for cold beer you has to walk. The three star part, is old and smelling bad, don't chose that part!

We was in the old part, so in my rating I will rate the three star part!

Room Tip: 407, beds are fine, AC working, baths was ok, smelling bad!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Gergo P
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

I'm here now, two rooms were stolen, money, cell phones and cameras were taken.
This is terrible.
Concerning food, it's the worst ever. For two days now, the salad was too bad.
Concerning rooms, some are ok and others are too bad. For example, my friend was in room 904 and after He entered the room He figured out that the door can not be closed ! I was supposed to be in room 5109 then they apologized because AC is not working !
Will never come again

• Stayed: August 2013
9  Thank Eagletony
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Older but still enjoyable hotel with very kind stuff.
There were 2 beaches both with laguna. Beaches were like hard trampled sand, with some small rocks. Very beautifull coral with color fishes was located at the farther beach.
Quality of food was very good, but weaker variety. For lunch and dinner was almost always (every other day) the same food. Fish, chicken, beef, vegetables, many salads, 2 kind of soup, very good cakes. Breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Talmer
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I've read the reviews about the hotel ranging from very bad to very good, and decided to share my ideas about it. I believe my review is impersonal and helpful. I stayed there with my last year from late July till early August, so I'm not actually aware with the current state of things, but I believe the approach of the hotel's management did't change for worse.
The main point is, if you opt for a 3-star hotel you shouldn't expect a 5-star-type of ccomodation. However, the rooms are good enough except toilet equipment which should be actually replaced, alongside some air conditioners, by modern ones. But, in my opinion, it's just an inconvenience, and in no way a major problem. Now I'm gonna list all good things about the hotel and its staff.
First of all I'd like to mention a good managemnet policy. Every day a group of managers, including either the hotel manager or his deputies, walk around all three beaches asking tourists whether they are satisfied with staying in the hotel, and what they are not satisfied with. During our first highly friendly conversation I mentioned that the room service had forgotten to bring big towels to my room. When I came back to my room I saw that my problem had been fixed. You can solve all your problems at the reception. Just ask Sami, their chief at the reception, he is highly skilled and able to handle any issue, keeping polite even with aggressive customers.
Other pros:
- three beaches with a snack bar on each, unlike most 5-star hotels
- sun-protected swimming pool
- friendly staff (NB! be friendly to them and they'll be friendly to you)
- large and lovely territory
- good meals for a 3-star hotel, and delicious bakery (although it's a bit hot in the dining hall)
The biggest knock against is that this year their price almost doubled from last year. Iin my opinion,it was not well grounded and reasonable, and was the main reason why I opted for another (5-star) hotel this year.
In conclusion, the hotel is quite good for having a nice rest on the beach for fair price.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family