“Great hotel!”
Review of Sun & Sea Hotel

Sun & Sea Hotel
Ranked #154 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed 14 April 2011

I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to have a quiet vacation in a beautiful place!

The hotel was well located, about 10-15 min from the aiport and 10 min by foot of the more crowded place with the restaurants and shops. The hotel was very nice and clean, we were received with a fruit basket; the view from the balcony was amazing, we had a room with 2 beds and a huuuuuge balcony where we had food ordered every day and we had breakfast there.
We had someone cleaning our room once a day, so it was always nice and organized.
The pools were great, the beach was nice, it is small indeed, but why whould you need a big beach? There are chairs and umbrellas and a boy gives you clean towels. It is really good!

Around Hurghada we were harassed countless times by the shop vendors who wanted us to go in their shops, so that got us a little desperate. We also recommend this wondersul bar, The Retro Bar, if you like retro music, we went there every night, the drinks are good, the music is great and on Sunday you get free snacks and tequila and let me tell you the live music is EXCELLENT!

I also had a massage in the spa of the hotel, excellent service and very cheap, 60 min full body massage for only 140 EGP.

I will definitely go again!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank snowflakeblack

Reviewed 23 August 2010

Got a hot trip over there for my friends birhtday. Very cheap price for this. We got the apartments on the 5th floor. Huge balcony lager than the room with the sea view, so we get the matrases to the terrace and sleeo over there. TV, refregirator with drinks, big bathroom, everyday two times cleaning (with some tips). The sea is in front of behind the road. The beach is small but there is some sand. Better is to get a boat and go somewhere else. Outside when you go about a 200 metres on the left side of the road there is a nice bar (I don`t remember the name) with a perfect tea. So for Egypt visiting for weekend (I spend 3 nights) it is perfect.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank timurhan099
Reviewed 2 May 2010

This was the worsest hotel I've ever been in. Fist of all all I wanted to visit the beach, but I was dissapointed -it was so tiny and there was a lot of bottles and other garbage in the water. The room where I lived was as big as in 4+ star hotels. I know that for these money what I payed for the trip I should expect nothing good, but it doesn't matter if it is a 2* hotel or 5* - it is required that everything should be clean! In my room (434) there were footprints everywhere on walls and on sealing. We asked the cleaner to clean the walls and even gave him a tip,but he didn't done anyhting! My mother had to clean by herself the walls and the dirty bathtub. Also there were a lot of mosquitos in my room and i had to ask the cleaner for so many times to use mosquito spray in my room. The most horrible thing that some of the hotel staff men are gays and perverts!!! I made an acquaintance with a man from Russia. He told me that hotel cleaner wants to rape him. I didn't believed it untill I saw it for myself. Also I made an acquaintance with russian teenagers: the boy from Ulan-Ude and girl from Bothuchisk nuclear station.The boy told me that at two o'clock past midnight, two security guards barged into his room and they searched for two girls there (me and Snezanna), they just wanted to see something perverted. if you still want to go there i wouldn't recomend if you are not from Russia or Poland, because people who are staying there are from these countries. Also people who go to such 3* hotels are mostly from wild russian villages and are just crazy!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank Booosa
Reviewed 18 November 2009

Nice small hotel,with very kind staff.
The hotel is located in between new and old part of Hurgada,so you can get anywhere on foot,if you like walking.
In this hotel,unlike others, you can use swimming pool any time day or night.
Food is avrage,but good if you like spicy food.You can also ask them to strengthen the food.
Sun&Sea has a small lovely beach,with various sea life and sea reef. Egypt agencies that are located on the beach are great.You can go on excursion with them and have even better time for less money.Only ask for Sherif. :)
Summary, if you choose Sun&Sea Hotel , you will have good time in Hurghada.
p.s. Best agency for Egypt is Spirit Travel, def.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
4  Thank TBonsai
Reviewed 19 August 2009

Rooms are big, but light in the rooms is bad! New building in hotel is better than the old ones, so if u get the old room u will not be so satisfied! Food is not so good, meaning there is no so much different meals. Pools are great, u can swim all night, and area around the pools is beautiful especially at night! Beach is great, with lots of corals and different fish! And that's the best part! And people working at the beach are the best! :)

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank AnchicaBelgrade
Reviewed 6 July 2009

Hotel is rundown and Staff unfriendly just like everywhere in the area. Only the housekeeping did a ok job after the expected tip. Air condition is working if you’re lucky. The worst part of all was the horrible breakfast. Even got better food at the army, and that one was real crap.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
3  Thank Ganymedes
Reviewed 29 June 2009

Hotel is great!!! Our room was VERY BIG, beds was huge and comfortable, bathroom and its showers are beautiful. Everybody was so kind and friendly, especially Hushram and beach waiter Mahmoud (best regards to both of them if they are reading this!!!). Higyen is OK, means-changing towels every day, cleaning room and beds too. We have trouble only with mosquitos, but we menage it easily. Food was delicious, we returned home with few pounds more, but we look very nice, becouse we look also ten years younger!!! Beach is small, but has open sea and beautiful sites for diving-guests from more expensive ( sunrise hotel) was visiting our beach to swim, dive and enjoy in company of Magic lampe boys ( we recomande this agency for excursions-find Sherif for details)!!!!
For that amount of money you will get the best holiday ever!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family