“Brilliant!”

Ranked #64 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
St. Petersburg, Russia
“Brilliant!”
Reviewed 14 April 2011

Relaxing and best vacation ever! nice people, best service, great place! So nice pool area and private beach were sooooo amazing!! Rooms were bit of poor but who stay in rooms in holiday? beds were great so u could get nice sleep there. Animation team is so great and waiters so nice and helpful! I go there again with my friends, straight when i get the chance! :) Go there and have fun at the pool area, pool bar, beach, disco, and whole area! also easy to get out and go clubbing, shopping etc. great place, great value for money :) and if u wanna shop in hotel area, there is many shops also!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
HIHRG-Plaza, Quality Control Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, 7 May 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Hurghada Plaza and for taking the time to leave a comment about our hotel. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Many thanks for your positive feedback as well as your decent compliments, it is only through valuable feedback received from our valued guests, such as your good self, that we are able to maintain and further improve the quality of our services.

I am very pleased that you have enjoyed your overall stay with us at the Hilton Hurghada Plaza and that we have met your expectations. We place great value on your continued relationship with Hilton.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again at the Hilton Hurghada Plaza and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Hilton Hurghada Plaza

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
England
Reviewed 8 April 2011

Recently returned from this holiday. Very quiet but that meant even better service. Only one main restaurant open but food was plentiful and good variety including healthy eating. Service excellent and really good value.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Victor1943
HIHRG-Plaza, Quality Control Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, 12 April 2011

Chapel-en-le-Frith, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2011

My wife and I have just returned from an extremely pleasurable week at the Hilton Plaza.Although the hotel was quiet the service we received was 5star.All the staff went out of the way to make our stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Looking forward to welcoming you and your wife once again at the Hilton Hurghada Plaza and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 2 April 2011

Well, hope not to bother distinguish staff’s friends revues style ‘’Veni Vidi Vici’’ with our humbles opinions as insignificant clients. Again, forgive our impudence for interrupting yours micron dissertations. Anyway, I have understood : yours is the best. Actually is difficult to write about, a new era is coming.
Hilton Hurghada Plaza is like a mixed grill. With surprises. I’m excited because my wife lets ME to write my opinion because in our home the man is equal to his wife and have the right to write.
Seven great stars with diamonds for all staff members. No mistake, no hesitation, fast decisions, clever guys. Never imagined something like that in Egypt. Particularly, waiters from restaurant were bright, girls and boys from reception…quality ones, boys who polished corridors funniest.
Zero stars for surrounding area, it’s a disaster. If you like to go around in the evening or if you have special feeling for touching the local merchandise ... sorry for you. This hotel is located in one of the worst and isolated areas of Dahar. Some advices : avoid at any price the pharmacy across the street, prices are huuuuuuuuuge and medicines…mathusalemic with flies little brown spots on it !!!! A good one is five minutes to the left. There is also a good ( yammmy !!!! ) clean bakery and some stores with fresh local food utilities. But first you’ll see a local coffee house, shisha & tea, with an amazing taste of coffee and a dummy little waitress. In order to enjoy .... and you have for what ... be sure about understanding process regarding your wishes.
Five stars for building and architecture, also for beach and pool area. How to explain, the whole complex has a taste of familiar, nothing hurts your eyes.
Four stars for the garden, it’s missing a drop of madness among regularly life forms.
Five stars for customers. No noisy people, no bad friends, nu hungry wolves in the restaurant, no western social drinkers with aggressive behavior and arrogance against Egyptians, no stupid and rude families with grossiere behavior, no eastern screaming aroused by many vines with vodka. And all this WAS a little sweet surprise.
Six stars for having the idea to build one mélange of little stores inside and a bureau for Bank of Egypt. Mister tinny banker, MINUS five stars for your program. It is stupid to have CLOSE between 12am and 6pm. Ridiculous like words ‘’ reliable bank ‘’. But you are a banker.
Five stars regarding rooms and utilities inside. Eleven stars for the guy who had idea to put one samovar inside every room. Helped by him I discovered pleasures of many sort of traditional Egyptian teas. May Allah give him o lot of happy years. About furniture .... huh ... two stars .... man ... or entity .... or Ramses dear ... you REALLY like a new wood looking like a fresh cleaned one after being whitewashed ... many times ?!?!?!?
Five stars for the idea to build giant single space composed by reception, entrance, bar, restaurant, armchair area and stores. All together. I had the feeling to be again in a campus. Good feeling.
Bay area with all facilities, wind guards, quality of sand, little cliff, utility and design of the bay, ice cream + beer + juices ... for whole six stars. Particularly for beer-boys from bar seven stars again, good ones, first seen serious, polite and without bad words against a person who took his seventh ice cream.
Three stars for food, menu & presentation of the dishes. The only excuse is if Monsieur le Chef is a relative of Mubarak .... it is my pleasure to see you also gone. Man, cuisine is NOT war !!!!! Pigeons ‘’ a la Terminator ‘’ or moussaka ‘’ a la Aliens ‘’ and verdure prepared sometimes style Rambo-in-the-jungle gave me the exact measure of your lack of knowledge. Is a crime to invest such money and to NOT expose the good image & taste & spices of Egypt. Instead of a boring discussion about, ask a taxi driver about food of Hilton Hurghada Plazza, he will tell you: ‘’ but, you know, it is not a real Hilton, is only name ‘’. THOSE words I’ve heard for tree times. One moment ... I’ve learned from Tahrir Square some new song, I will play it for you : gOOoO hOOomE, GoooooO HomE !!!
Animation team ... huh ... who ? The stars are expensive, I keep them for others things.
Arrangement and ornaments for the New Year quite beautiful and inspired, ten stars for the designer. Nice. Veeeeery nice. Is soooooo good to be an artist!
New Year celebration was aaaabsolutely original, fantastic we can say. Five stars. Neutron ones. Interesting belly dance, fabulous, all waiters were fascinated by the girl, they all came in the area, fantastic to see how we can celebrate New Year together, Muslim and Christian. We celebrated many dances, all belly ones. And again, with stomach figures. Fantastic. And more. All staff adored the show. And the girl danced, balancing her....her... all fatty things. And again. So, dear Egyptians, I agree with you, the woman MUST be FULL covered. Otherwise, our species will disappear. Today I have some nightmares, a big stomach goes up and down inside me, and the computer began to shake ... things ... around me. All night long. And I started to buy paintings with nuns. Another exquisite moment was the dances of Russian girls. The... only twelve dances. Beautiful and perfect human beings, excellent movements, great atmosphere. All Egyptians looked like after seeing goddesses. They were left breathless. Also I found very inspired the idea to use the entire time professional dance instead to let us to practice dangerous tribal rhythmic movements. How kind was such care!!! Personal opinion, best dance was played by one of Egyptian’s security man, he is a real talent!!! Had some pictures, I’ll try to put ones ... no problems, all WITHOUT the big plank fence from the middle of the garden. And finally, I understood the reason of many-many-many piles of cold food sculptures, Nigerian-Libyan stile, they are made to remember us how god is to not be in Somalia. Ouch !!! and not to forget !!! BIG evolution this year, mood has begun to stop around 1:30, not like other years, to 1:15. This IS a great evolution for Egypt’s New Year. I am very happy for boys of Hilton’s staff, they were ecstatic. I got the new idea, in Rome act like Romans, first time when my Egyptian friend will come to my country with his sister, wife and his girls, I’ll make a surprise with local French male stripper, he’s doing a great job. An ultra-special consideration also for Egyptian Hilton’s manners, all wives were extremely delighted because every husband exercised slalom to the food, I understood movement around tables is particularly good for health. Same for the invisible bottle of champagne on each table in the moment of New Year, is soooooooooo healthy not to drink alcohol .... or other juices. I revealed my ancestral capacities for hunting beverages some distance away. Meantime, I saw few mountains of sweet little cakes probably only for ...fatty girls with big ...things... Sincerely, I’m not a Saint, so I’m still waiting a boy with my bottle of champagne, two grains of caviar, one little piece of Roquefort and a bit of salmon, two little glasses with daiquiri to celebrate with my Russian neighbor at the same table the end of the Cold New Year’s War ...

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank anagh
Swansea
Reviewed 28 March 2011

I was surprised my Husband with this beautiful 2 week holiday. We were treated like royalty from the moment we arrived. The service was exemplary and the place was divine. Fantastic diving, clean beaches,extremely friendly staff.
On our actual wedding anniverasary we dined ON the beach with our own personal waiter and violinist, surrounded by flowers, torch & candle lights. We danced at the edge of the ocean sipping champagne, all this was done at my husbands request by the staff, who could not do enough for us and we were totally spoilt. They even gave us a celebration cake to cut and flowers on our table very day. I cannot praise them highly enough, from the Managers to the cleaners all were so helpful,and friendly.
I would love to go back and would recommend it to anyone. Do get a facial and manicure/pedicure....fantastic value!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased that you have enjoyed your overall stay with us at the Hilton Hurghada Plaza and that we have met your expectations. Also, I very glad to hear from your good-self that we succeeded hosting your anniversary to your expectation. We place great value on your continued relationship with Hilton.

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 27 March 2011

Due to the political instability in Egypt these days, Hilton was making a good offers which makes me, my wife and two small daughters take instantaneous unplanned vacation, regardless of comparing the amount paid to the service taken, the service worth a lot more, I was 100% satisfied, I was treated like a king, I am Egyptian and I went to Hurghada and Sharm many times and stayed in five stars hotels, but Hilton is something else, the hotel is not big you can reach any place easily, all rooms see a big beautiful garden then the sea which has different water colors due to corals. The hotel has a lot of activities which you don’t pay for; there are tennis and squash courts, well equipped gym, steam, guacos, and separate sex sauna. There is a kid’s park in a good location with a friendly girl called Maryam where you can leave your kids. On the beach you can play mini golf and beach volleyball also there is a room for Billiard, Table tennis, cards. There are wind surfing and kite surfing with Russians trainers and you can rent a canyon from someone who you don’t find him sometimes, beside the hotel there is a port for snorkeling and diving trips.
It was my first time to play Yoga with the animation team who speak to everyone with the language which he understands, thanks for your excellent hospitality, thanks for receptionist smiling persons, thanks for room service, thanks for animation team, thanks foe well behaved persons in the gym area, thanks for Maryam and Adel on the pool, thanks for the chef who prepare amazing delicious food every day. Once when an item was finished form the buffet the chef brought me a plate by himself, thank you so much.
For Egyptians who read this review, you will not find any discrimination between you and a foreigner, you receive the same service, in other hotels you may not be told if there is an event, but here you are told and then you choose whether to participate or not, a very small things sometime makes me feel discriminated, the receptionist man didn’t gave us the card towels at the time of check in, in the kids park there was a TV displaying a TV series at the time I entered with my daughter and there was no other kids, after a while when a foreigner came she closed the TV suddenly, also when there was no towels in the gym., one of the persons told me to go to the pool to get one but the other offered to go and get it by himself, thank you. In general I was so happy and I was going to reserve for another vacation in October at Check-out.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Bassem R
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased that you have enjoyed your overall stay with us at the Hilton Hurghada Plaza and that we have met your expectations. It is always to our pleasure to treat you as a king. We place great value on your continued relationship with Hilton.

UK
Reviewed 3 March 2011

Took my young daughter for our yearly trip to Egypt. Normally go for the resorts however chose the Hilton this time..

The hotel itself is lovely, views beautiful, there is some building work on the go, so there are some boards up but nothing that would spoil your view etc..

We were instantly upgraded to a nice big suite when we arrived and that was because there was no one there!! Literally a hand full of people in the hotel.

The food was fine although on a few occasions we didn't have any buffet and had set menu, which to be honest was fine. My daughter was well looked after and even on the set menu days she was given whatever she asked for, pasta and things like that..

The pool bar only opened one day when we had a few more English people in. No animation and no kids club... Again because no one there to use it.

All in all it was a nice place and I'm sure when things settle down would get real busy there so was nice not to fight for sunbeds etc.

If you fancy going out, you can get a cab to the Marina for about 20Egyptian (about £2), and there are some lovely bars and restaurants there. very very cheap.

Going back to Egypt in less than two weeks’ time (different resort), so definitely not put off.

Nick

• Stayed February 2011
HIHRG-Plaza, Quality Control Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, 16 May 2011