“The Best Staff Possible. It made for a Great Holiday”

Hilton Hurghada Plaza
Ranked #67 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Just enjoyed a lovely week here. The hotel, it's true, is a little tired (they are expanding and renovating at the moment) but spotlessly clean. The gardens are beautiful and sea view excellent. What makes it one of the most enjoyable stays I have had in any hotel in the world (more enjoyable than in posher places) is the superb staff. They are so friendly, polite, hard-working and really can't do enough to cater for you and make you happy. In the restaurant I would mention waiter Yahia (and Mahmoud)who looked after us superbly; the Executive sous chef (sorry can't remember his name) whose charm, enthusiasm and attention to detail was second to none and who made a special dish for my wife; the very helpful and pleasant DJ Youssef; our wonderful room cleaner ( room 621) who made all sorts of witty shapes with the towels such as hearts and swans; and the fantastic Mr Adel Hawary, in charge of the private beach. It was mostly windy (perhaps avoid February as it is often windy and also the Egyptian holiday season so the hotel was quite crowded) and Adel always had our loungers ready well protected with wind breakers and extra towels. He could not be more helpful and was always immediately on hand if one needed anything. He was assisted by a great team, and we were impressed with the scrupulous daily inspection Adel carried out with his boss (again, didn't get his name) to make sure the sand was clean and facilities in good order. I should also mention Mahommed Fatty on the animation team who tried with great good humour, and failed, to get my wife to join the exercise class. Great guy.
The food was excellent, particularly the salads, breads, freshly barbecued fish and meat, fantastic soups, breakfasts (including an interesting wheat porridge my wife took to, and fresh omelettes etc.), wine and beer. Everything was included. We could have eaten in the a la carte once as part of the deal but didn't feel the need to. The biggest challenge was to avoid over eating because it was all so delicious.

Hurghada the town is not the most lovely place so apart from a couple of walks we stuck to the hotel. When they finish their extension work there will be more space for walking within the hotel.

Thank you to everyone in the hotel for all your efforts. Much appreciated

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
MehdiOthmani, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Dear shm40 ,

Thank you so much for completing a positive Trip Advisor Review on your recent visit to our Hotel. Great to read that in general you and your boyfriend enjoyed your holiday and were satisfied with the service rendered, I will share your lovely comments with my colleagues , who will appreciate it so much .

We look forward to welcoming you back soon at your second home Hilton Hurghada Plaza .

There are newer reviews for Hilton Hurghada Plaza

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I would like to thank everyone in your staff for their hospitality and cooperation .every member of your team did his tasks perfectly more than expected. They succeed to make your hotel is the only place I will chose with my family in any vacation All the best for you

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
MehdiOthmani, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear HeshamG ,

Thank you for the time you spared to write your positive feedback about your experience at Hilton Hurghada Plaza on trip advisor. It was our pleasure to read that in general you had joyful holiday and you were satisfied with hour hospitality and staff services rendered .
My pleasure to share your kind comments with my colleagues, who will appreciate your lovely warm comments and feedback , as your stay comments and feedback are of great importance to us.

We are looking forward to welcome you again in the near future, when no efforts will be spared to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as would wish.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Absolutely amazing hotel, staff, facilities and food!

I literally want to live there, didn't want to leave.

Room was always spotless after being cleaned (loved the swans and hearts they made out of the towels) , staff were really helpful and friendly; always remembered your name and said hello everytime they'd see you.

Other than doing activities outside of the hotel, we spent most of our time enjoying the sun and the facilities at this amazing place.

5* isn't enough for this hotel, but unfortunately, it wont let me rate any higher.

Myself and my Boyfriend will definately be back again!!!

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Amy192,

Reviewed 11 February 2014

We had a fantastic week.
Room is spacious, very well look after from the cleaner and with a great view. Food is nice big choice every day from the buffet and also from the grill outside, breakfast/lunch/dinner. Very nice also "La Gondola" restaurant; we decide to go back after we had the complimentary dinner from the hotel, staff more professional. Gym small but with all you need and clean. Spa is nice. Pool looks good, however we never used it, we prefer sand under our feet. The beach is very nice and very well kept.

The only thing I would say, the hotel is under renovation, therefore some areas through the week were closed like garden, tennis court and the spa on sunday was without lighting.

But what is making this place special definitely is the staff. Egyptian people are very funny. From the waiters in the restaurant, very fast and attempt, to the crazy bar staff that always remember your drink. The animation team was great on the beach and also on trying to organize the "showtime". Especially DJ Giuseppe (Youssef, very good man) that really look after us and make us feel like VIP and make our holiday so special. All of them are very nice and constantly smiling and willing to chat with you even those one that doesn't speak english, very funny.

Thank you all!!
Fabio&Azzurra

Dear Fabio B ,

Many thanks for completing a positive Trip Advisor Review on your recent visit to our property.

Glad to hear that in general you enjoyed your stay with us and had good special holiday and were satisfied and happy with our services rendered , specially our qualified , helpful and friendly staff , DJ and animation team activities. Also you had good time and liked La Gondola restaurant food and service .

We will be honored to welcome you back in the nearest future, when we assure to your good-self that no efforts will be spared to make you stay as comfortable as you would wish.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 February 2014

We booked this hotel as the reviews appeared to be very good and we wanted somewhere nice to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. We booked for a 14 day break which as it turned out this was 10 days too many.
On arrival the reception area was a SMOKING zone as well as the only bar open in the evening so only book if you want to smell smoke all the time.
The room was extremely poor and the wardrobe doors stuck and drawers did not open properly. The bathroom was in a poor state with the bath having a large damaged area which had been painted over,the fittings were rusty and the tile grout was a grubby black/brown colour.
The curtains were dirty and torn and did not draw right across and on several occasions when the wind was blowing they were flapping as the doors would not close properly.
The UK holiday companies should review the description of this hotel as many websites have inaccurate information and out of date photographs
No food available on the beach and no cocktails or wine just a very poor stocked bar
No shisha bar
No food available around the pool and a very poor bar often with no staff. I did have to help myself one day, as waiting half an hour and phoning reception did not have any effect.
The food in the dining room was acceptable although very repetitive but on arrival the wine was disgusting and we had to complain on the 1st evening. The red wine was a very poor grape juice not even resembling wine. Lunch time on day 2 we ordered Rose but were told this was red and white mixed so we decided to have a white wine and to our shock this was diluted down with water. I will say that having complained the wine was changed to a drinkable wine but why were we told that the wine had to be signed off for our room, does this mean others were getting the rubbish.
The management had no control what so ever over the dining room as the Egyptian families were allowed to do as they wished as they came straight from the pool into the restaurant with wet cloths and would not wait to be seated. The manager said "What can we do as they take no notice". The question I ask is he a Manager or not??
The Italian restaurant was also a joke as the set menu started with a very Italian "Greek salad" and a choice of grilled sea-bass or chicken and chips, how imaginative!!
No other restaurants or bars were available.
The staff were very good,polite and helpful. A special thanks to Sayed who made us feel very welcome.
One very annoying thing that happened on several occasions was being pestered to ensure that no negative comments were put on Trip Advisor and I am sure this is what give the high rating on this web site and I think somebody should look closely at the comments made and who is putting the positive feedback as I am certain a lot is incorrect.This even came from the General Manager.
I could keep on as I have not covered all the building work (not maintenance I might add) with hammers and diggers even on the beach but I am now fed up as it has brought back too many bad memories of what should have been a good 2 weeks.
Very cut off and run down area outside the gates with a taxi taking 15/20 mins to the centre or new marina and airport 30 mins so do not believe what you read. No where safe too walk.
Met some great people though to sit and chat with in the evenings.
This is no where near a 5* and should not be rated as such.
I fully agree with RogerH.

Room Tip: Cant think of one that would be positive as most people complain (English)
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phil T
Reviewed 9 February 2014

The people: All the staff are very friendly, from Ayman who looked after our room exceptionally well (404), Yahia who served us in the restaurant (nice touch remembering our drinks preferences and bringing them ready) to DJ Youssef who chatted to us regularly wherever we bumped into him. He kindly ordered us a discounted taxi to the airport on our final day, although I'm sure thats not his job!! Even the ground staff looking after the gardens will smile and wish you an enjoyable stay or give you a freshly picked flower. The happy people looking after us really made our stay 5*. I almost forgot Adel on the beach, make friends with him if you want to have the best spot on the beach!!! We were also impressed with the hotel deputy manager who asked us where they could improve, which led to the Chef cooking my wife special bread that is gluten free. They even imported gluten free flour from Cairo for us and baked muffins freshly when we appeared for breakfast.

The hotel is grand looking, secure and the grounds are very well looked after. The food is very good, freshly baked breads, amazing desserts, wide range of options, amazing grilled fish and tandoori chicken some days! Always something nice to eat for everyone. You are well looked after with drinks. The only thing I would say could be improved is the bathrooms, they are looking a little tired. Our room was very clean, very well looked after by our cleaner, spacious (we were in a standard room) and the location was great. Nothing we could complain about at all. A very relaxing and enjoyable holiday! Thanks to everyone, sorry to those we've missed! Ian + Laura (31st Jan - 7th Feb)

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ian B
MehdiOthmani, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Ian B ,

It is our real pleasure and gratitude to receive positive comments from a very important guest like yourself, I am so happy and proud that we succeeded to meet your expectations and we managed to make your recent holiday as enjoyable as ever.

It is a pleasure to see that in general you were happy with the services you received during your stay with us.

For your kind information, your comments are of a great importance to us, only through your comments, we aim to improve the level of services that our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential.

Once again, I would like to thank you for the time spent to write to us and we really are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again to your second home Hilton Hurghada Plaza.

Sincerely yours,

Personal Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 8 February 2014

We booked this all inclusive holiday with Fleetway Travel after seeing a very good deal with them on Travel Zoo. They proved to be one of the best companies I have ever dealt with, especially Cindy, who even printed our boarding passes for EasyJet and put them in the post to us.

Firstly, I would say that in my opinion this is not a 5 star hotel and is in need of a little tlc, but they are currently renovating.
We were lucky enough to be allocated a chalet room adjacent to the beach with lovely sea views, a large well furnished terrace and pretty private garden area. The room was extremely spacious, with a very large flat screen tv with around 60 channels, lots in English, tea and coffee making facilities, fridge, safe, telephone, massive amount of storage and all kept immaculately clean. The bathroom, although very dated, had a full size bath with shower over and very nice towels. The hairdryer was dreadful, so ladies bring your own - there is a UK plug point adjacent to the dressing table.
The food is buffet style, sadly most of the 'hot' food was tepid, but eggs are cooked to order on the terrace at breakfast time, there is also a huge cold buffet with the most delicious mini rolls and Danish pastries. Again at lunch time and dinner we preferred the freshly bbq main courses from the terrace as opposed to the lukewarm self service main dishes.
As much bottled water as you want is available 24/7, as well as numerous hot and cold drinks if you are on the inclusive package. Delicious ice creams are served between 2 and 4 on the beach.
There was a very good entertainment programme throughout the day and during the evening
The best aspect of the hotel is the staff. Having travelled extensively, I have never come across such a nice team, nothing is too much trouble for anyone

Room Tip: Book a chalet room as feed back from other guests was that the main hotel rooms were not very soundp...

Dear francesanne ,

I would like to seize this opportunity to thank you for the time you spend to write your valuable comments , I am happy and proud that we succeeded to meet your expectations and we managed to make your recent holiday as enjoyable as ever.

It is a pleasure to read that in general you were happy with the services you received during your stay with us specially you like your room's location to the beach with sea view and room facilities and amenities, also satisfied with food's buffet style especially delicious mini rolls and Danish pastries and the delicious ice creams served on the beach, also enjoyed the the day and evening entertainment program .

My pleasure to share your kind comments with my colleagues, who will appreciate your lovely warm comments and feedback .

We are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again to your second home Hilton Hurghada Plaza.

Sincerely yours,