“average at all”

Hilton Hurghada Plaza
Ranked #73 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed 1 March 2014

hilton plaza is a very average hotel,nothing special to offer.i wouldnt recommend it to a friend and i will not came again.needs renovation a soon as possible everywhere.with the same price you can find much better hotels in hurghada.the only think that i liked was the buffet and especially the desserts.it was my 3rd time in hurgada btw.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
MehdiOthmani, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear georgiosdimitriadis,

I would like to seize this opportunity to thank you for the time you spend to write your valuable comments regarding your recent stay at Hilton Hurghada Plaza and the efforts you took to share your views with us.

For your kind information, your comments are of a great importance to us, only through it, we can aim to improve the level of services that our guests receive, and in today’s world this is essential.

We are sorry that the hotel experience was not up to your satisfaction. Therefore, I have discussed all your respective comments / ratings into details with our management team, who I can assure you, has taken the necessary measures to ensure that those comments are rectified. It is always our intention to create the best possible environment for our guests’ satisfaction whilst on vacation.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you once again at Hilton Hurghada Plaza in the near future.

Regards,

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Good, observant staff that aims to please. Some of the staff showed a remarkable eye for details and had good memory.

A large portion of the hotel needs renovation, but it is reflected in the price, so I mean it is still good value for the money spent, and the beds were good.

The only "Cleanliness" problem I can mention is that the hotel has many door handels that you have to pull/touch. Bacterias easily spread that way, and your immune system is only effective against wellknown "homely" bacterias. Needless, to say, I got a little sick, even though I practice good hygiene.

Training facilities were medium, but sufficient if you only do benchpress or walk the treadmill like a hamster. Must be unbearingly hot in the summer. Not enough room for crossfit or free weight excercising. Tennis and squash facilities were good. I'd recommend everyone to take tennis classes, affordable prices and a good teacher.

Every night, after dinner, there is a 1-2 hours entertainment show that is varying from simple to exotic, and fun for all ages. Encouraging and smiling entertainers make the most out of it. I recommended it, even just for the social happening.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Christopher L ,

It is our real pleasure and gratitude to receive your kind comments from a very important guest like yourself, I am glad that in general you had a relaxing holiday at our property and you were satisfied with staff services rendered , aslo enjoyed the hotel facilities and entertainment show every evening.
I have taken a note of your comments which have been passed to all concerned department for direct rectification, as your comments are of a great importance to us, only through your comments, we aim to improve the level of services that our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back in the very near future , when no efforts will be spared to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as would wish.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

It was a wonderful holiday with friends. We enjoyed every day spent in Hilton Hurghada Plaza.
Rooms are very comfortable, I miss now the moments when opening my eyes in the morning, first thing I saw is a great view of the blue sea.
Weather in late February was perfect, it was only 2 windy days from 10 that we stayed, we bathed in the sea and the pool, sunbathing on the comfortable loungers.
The food was delicious, a large assortment of dishes every day.
Hotel staff all are very cheerful and funny. I want to say a special thanks for the pleasant memories to our animators : Momo, Dasha, Fathi and Vicka. Even though that every time I like to visit new places, thanks to them, I want to return to Hilton Hurghada Plaza again someday.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Va1entyna_K
MehdiOthmani, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Dear Va1entyna_K ,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for the time you spared to write your positive feedback about your experience on trip advisor. I am glad to read that in general you enjoyed your holiday at our property and you were satisfied with the staff service rendered , food quality and variety and you liked your room location and view . My pleasure to share your kind comments with my colleagues specially the animation team, as your stay's comments and feedback are of great importance to us.

We are looking forward to welcome you again at your second home, when no efforts will be spared to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as would wish.

Sincerely ,

Reviewed 27 February 2014

We had a very good week’s holiday here. Had the Resort been listed as a 4* then the interpretation of the below would be different but as it claims to be a 5* you have to review with this in mind. Like many other reviewers have said the place needs a face lift and some money spent on it. It is spotlessly clean but very tired looking in places.

Location

It is set in the middle of the old town. Not really anywhere to go locally if that’s what you want. We are happy to stay in the hotel and use the facilities here. We did venture out one night but was a maze of roadwork’s and building sites so soon turned back as we were constantly being hassled by taxi drivers!

There is building work going on right next door which can be noisy at times. Looks like these could be going on for some time.

Staff

Generally good but can be variable. Some days you get table service in the restaurant and others you have to get the drinks yourself. Same for table clearing.

It was very hard to get a cold drink. Even when it was 30+ degrees. In the restaurant the wine was often warm. It is from a box and not kept in the fridge.
At the pool bar there was a coke machine but never used. All soft drinks were serve from 2L plastic bottles that were mostly warm but sometimes cold.
Lifts were one of the areas that needed a makeover. Just old looking.

Rooms

Entrance doors were a bit tatty. Same for the bathroom. Repairs done to the bath that did not look great cosmetically.

Big screen Samsung TV here that was good with enough channels if you wanted it.
Bed was very comfortable and the male chambermaid cleaned it beautifully each day.
All the rooms had a fantastic view of the pool area and gardens down to the private beach.
Unfortunately our Air Con blew hot air into the room. We reported it and someone came quickly but was not able to fix it. Luckily the rooms were not too warm so a nice breeze from the window was enough to keep cool. Maybe not so in peak season.

Restaurant Main

Food improved each day. It was very good if not 5* special.
My highlight was the outdoor BBQ for lunch and dinner with grilled fish and meats. Make sure you get them fresh cooked and not from the hot displays.
Drinks were poor. Orange Juice in the morning was not fresh and warm generally. Wine from a box and warm mostly. My wife wanted a Baileys but they did not know what that was. Range seemed very limited.

Pool area was excellent. Lots of open spaces. Not crammed in like sardines. The best and most comfortable mattresses I have ever seen. Loved the basket style beds for 2.
The pool men were great and would do anything for you.

Food stopped serving at 3pm till dinner at 7pm. There was the Mosaic “Restaurant” by the pool but we tried this only once as it was just bridge roll type sandwiches, pizza and chips.

Try out the Spa. We both did the Cleopatra. fantastic. 2 hours of Sauna, salt Rub, massage, steam room, Jacuzzi etc. All for less than £50 each. 2 hours!

Trip Advisor reviews says this is the 9th best hotel in Hurghada. To me, not worth its 5* rating. Probably a 4* at best.

Room Tip: Take one that is not on the ground floor. Better views.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ian_Stephenson

Dear Ian_Stephenson ,

Thank you very much for completing a positive Trip Advisor review about your recent visit to our Hilton Hurghada Plaza , I am glad to read that in general you had a very good week’s holiday at our hotel and you were satisfied with the services rendered you received during your stay with us and enjoyed the hotel facilities .

Kindly note that I have taken a note of your comments , please rest assured that your feedback is passed to all concerned to be properly addressed,as your comments are of a great importance to us .

It will be our pleasure to welcome you again in the near future , when no efforts will be spared to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as would wish .

Regards ,

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I would love to say this was a great holiday for me and the wife , the animation team (Fathi Dasha,Vika & Momo ) we're just great , always their if needed some thing & and we're always making sure our holiday was what we wanted , also like to say big thanks to Weal on the Beach great person , also all the other staff which made our holiday great for the 10 nights we were their , must mention the restrauants manager .
A Big thank you to the Hilton Plaza

Room Tip: I Believe that the rooms are most the same , but we found the best view was level 4 up to 6 , we wer...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
MehdiOthmani, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Ian S ,

Thank you for the time you spared to write your positive feedback about your experience at Hilton Hurghada Plaza on trip advisor. It was our pleasure to read that in general you had joyful holiday and you were satisfied with our hospitality and staff services rendered
My pleasure to share your kind comments with my colleagues, who will appreciate your lovely warm comments and feedback , as your stay comments and feedback are of great importance to us.

We are looking forward to welcome you again in the near future, when no efforts will be spared to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as would wish.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

the best animators
Fathi. Cool animator and a great friend. Advise on any questions related to Egypt. Very cheerful.
Momo. Magnificent showman. Able to fire up the crowd. Funniest of all animators.
joseph. DJ. Very good guy. Never pass by.
Dasha And Vicki. Russian girl. Dance better than many Egyptians. Very beautiful girl. Carry out a great aerobics and belly dancing.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
MehdiOthmani, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear IvanS ,

It is our real pleasure and gratitude to receive positive comments from a very important guest like yourself, I am so happy and proud that we succeeded to meet your expectations and we managed to make your recent holiday as enjoyable as ever.

It is a pleasure to see that in general you were happy with the services you received during your stay with us. My pleasure to share your kind comments with my colleagues specially animation team . as your stay's feedback and comments are of a great importance to us, only through your comments, we aim to improve the level of services that our guests’ receive .

We are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again to your second home Hilton Hurghada Plaza .

Kind regards,

Reviewed 18 February 2014

its not my first time in hilton plaza ?i like the view of this hotel ...clean beach very frinedly staff....the animation delay program very funny...evening program its really funny ..thank you the animation team and the cheif animation Momo...i will come again and again

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank yusufre
MehdiOthmani, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear yusufre ,

Thank you so much for completing a positive Trip Advisor Review on your recent visit to our Hotel.

Great to read that in general your enjoyed your holiday and were satisfied with our staff service rendered, hotel cleanliness , beautiful location and you enjoyed the animation' program .
I will share your lovely comments with my colleagues , who will appreciate it so much .

We look forward to welcoming you back soon at your second home Hilton Hurghada Plaza .