“Nice hotel for vacation and super animation team!”

Hilton Hurghada Plaza
Ranked #65 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Belgrade, Serbia
“Nice hotel for vacation and super animation team!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Everything was good! we hope next year back to Hilton Plaza. And we will never forget our crazy-aqua dances with Orest and Olga and Chingy with his taxi show. Hilton's team make our holidays great! Thank you all special thanks for bartenders in lobby and in marina bar. See you next year!

Room Tip: beach line bungalo
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Slava k
MehdiOthmani, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear Slava K,

Thank you for completing a short and directive Trip Advisor Review on your recent stay with us.

It was great to see you relaxed and enjoyed your holiday with us at our lovely resort and rest assure that I will pass all your positive comments on to my team members who will appreciate it so much.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you next year again.

Warm regards,

General Manage

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Walvis Bay, Namibia
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Definitely not Hilton Quality - the hotel is more like a hostel - poor service - poor food - it is more like a 1 star back yard hotel - very dirty - will definitely not go there again - disgrace to the Hiltons

Room Tip: Do not visit the hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank MarisaSmit
MehdiOthmani, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear MarisaSmit,

Thank you for completing a Trip Advisor Review on the return from your holiday.

In the first instance I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations during your visit. We operate 3 restaurant under the All Inclusive Programme (1 buffet style restaurant, the Gourmandise, 1 at the beach the seashell and 1 a la Carte Restaurant the Jasmin that require prior reservation ). We have a two-week menus with local, oriental and international cuisine. We have over 20 different nationalities in the Hotel during a 7 day period and we try our best to cater for everyone’s various tastes.

It was unfortunate not to meet you prior to your departure that we discuss and sort out your comments, yet I confirm that your findings were thoroughly discussed and the highest hotel level.

Regards,

Mehdi Othmani,
GM - Hilton Hurghada Plaza
Ireland
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I arrived at the Hilton Hurghada Plaza having just learnt of a serious family emergency back home and was in a state of great distress. The staff did literally everything within their power to make my 5 day stay as comfortable and stress-free as possible. I was treated with a kindness and compassion that you would struggle to find in many hotels and its sad that the majority of the guests in the hotel dont treat the staff with the same level of respect and compassion that the staff show their guests. In my opinion, one of the biggest issues in the hotel is not the people working there, its the appalling attitude of the people staying there and their lack of respect and consideration especially during Ramadan, when many staff members are fasting for 17 hours a day.

Yes the building is a little dated, yes the wind whistles through the balcony doors, yes the lifts dont work a lot of the time (this is a national grid issue, not the fault of the hotel who are doing their best to run a hotel with half the required voltage being supplied.) But in the greater scheme of things, my experience of the people working here was exemplary and on this basis, I cannot recommend a stay here highly enough and I very much look forward to returning in the near future.

Room Tip: The wifi signal doesnt work very well on the top 2 floors
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank intrepudtraveller
Dear intrepudtraveller,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for the time you spared to write your positive feedback about your experience on trip advisor. I am glad to read that in general you enjoyed your holiday at our property and you were satisfied with the staff service rendered. My pleasure to share your kind comments with my colleagues as your stay comments and feedback are of great importance to us.

We are looking forward to welcome you again at your second home, when no efforts will be spared to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as would wish.

Sincerely ,

Personal Assistant to General Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The only common thing this hotel has with Hilton is the name!!!
Air con. in rooms doesn't work.
Food variety and quality is awful!
Service at restaurant ( just one restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner) is very slow.
Same goes for bars and reception!
will never visit this hotel again.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room here!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Josh H
Hi Josh H,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete the review for your last visit to our property. I was really concerned to know that you did not enjoy your short stay with us, I would like to highlight that the resort contains One main restaurant ( the Gourmandise) offering breakfast, lunch and dinner, one beach restaurant (the Seashell) offering lunch and one a la carte restaurant (The Jasmin) that offers Oriental dishes and requires prior reservation . I totally agree that during your stay we faced a challenge with electricity that the whole city of Hurghada suffered from however the management bought its standby generator and since then all air con. work perfectly.

Meanwhile, we always consider valid comments in order to continue enhancing our level of service provided to maintain our guests’ loyalty and remain always on top.
At Last, I do appreciate your point of view and regret that we were not up to the level of your expectation. However, in case you decide to give us another chance, I will be looking forward to welcome you back to our lovely paradise

London, United Kingdom

Food was terrible.
Check in took us hours.
Staff untrained, had to wait too long to get a drink and when we complained to them the waiters told us "this is the instructions we have from our big manager"
This is for sure not a Hilton hotel.
Animation was stupid.
Simply, I do not recommend it................ but management.

4 Thank G K
Many thanks for your Trip Advisor Review. We appreciate both negative and positive comments from our guests as this enables us to continually review our service standards

I would like to apologise as there is no excuse to wait too long to get a drink nor to be given a similar answer from our waiter, the Food and Beverage Manager has been informed of this issue and has taken the necessary corrective action.

I am sorry to read our animation team was not up to your expectation, would you please write me on the hotel email address reservations.hurghadaplaza@hilton.com any extra or specific indications or comments that enable us better understand what you did not like from the animation program, I the meantime I confirm that the animation team do perform a day and night program offering sport activities, games, dance lessons as well as shows at nights such oriental shows, Fakir, karaoke, competitions .

I am personally sorry that you felt the way you did and hope you will give us the chance to stay at our hotel again

regards

Zrenjanin, Serbia
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Very nice hotel. Good service, good food, nice beach. This is hotel for all family. We have been in July, also weather was good:34-35 degrees maximum. Staff is nice and kind. Hotel is full of green-different from other hotels in Egypt I will come in Egypt again in Hilton definitely!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

4 Thank Irena Z
Dear Irena ,

It is our real pleasure and gratitude to receive positive comments from a very important guest like yourself, I am glad that we succeeded to meet your expectations and we managed to make your recent holiday as enjoyable as ever. Our pleasure to read your warm kind comments that in general you were happy with the services you received during your stay with us , as it was our great honor to serve you all your stay .

For your kind information, I will share your kind comments with my colleagues as your comments are of a great importance to us.

We are looking forward to welcome you again in the near future, when no efforts will be spared to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as would wish.

Personal Assistant to General Manager
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Just like other reviews, this is definitely not a 5 star hotel. We experienced the same issues with food, service, management.
Management,
Do something about this otherwise your ratings will continue to go down.
Not going there again.

4 Thank Chris K
MehdiOthmani, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Chris K ,

I would like to seize this opportunity to thank you very much for the time you spend to write your valuable comments regarding your recent stay at Hilton Hurghada Plaza and the efforts you took to share your views with us.

For your kind information, your comments are of a great importance to us, I read that the hotel experience was not up to your satisfaction. Therefore, I have discussed all your respective comments / ratings into details with our management team. Who I can assure you, has taken the necessary measures to ensure that those comments are rectified.

Please rest assured that we take such comments seriously and follow them through in every case. It is always our intention to create the best possible environment for our guests’ satisfaction whilst on vacation.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you once again at Hilton Hurghada Plaza in the soonest future.

Personal Assistance to General Manager