“Really Clean and tidy”

Hilton Hurghada Plaza
Ranked #77 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed 24 August 2014

First ever review, and I thought I'd choose Hilton for the first one. We went back in May 2014.

Overall a really good hotel, clean and tidy. However the first night we had a black out and no power for about 2 hours, but nothing major to worry about.

We stayed next to the pool most of the vacation and have to say that it was great not to be hassled all the time.

The only thing that doesn't make it excellent is the fact there is no entertainment. It would be great if they could build an outdoors area for entertainment like most other hotels in egypt.

There was also no late night bar area/seating area outside to relax in the warm evening.

Other than that, a nice small and quiet hotel to relax and have a base to explore the area and I recommend the LUXOR trip - long day but well worth it! do a private tour!

Cheers

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alex G
MehdiOthmani, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2014

Dear Alex G,

Thank you so much for completing a kind Trip Advisor Review on your recent visit to our Hotel, it was a great pleasure to know that my teams have managed to create a nice holiday experience for you.

Rest assured that your feedback shared with the concerned for direct rectification, as our comments are of great importance to us, only through your feedback and ratings can we aim to improve the service our guests’ receive.

We will be looking forward to welcome you back to our lovely paradise .

Kind regards,

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

I want to thank the following people
Mena gerges & Magdi abdel Ghany & aly Hassan & abel at the swimming pool and special thanks for Hany Emam .... the service at the hotel make me comfort all the 6 days all the staff do the best to solve all the problem
About the hotel:
The room is very clean with best view
The food is very good except lunch
The swimming pool always clean
The beach is beautiful
I feel sad coz I leave the hotel

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Walaa B
MehdiOthmani, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Walaa B,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Hurghada Plaza and for taking the time to write your recent holidays’ experience with us .

I am glad to read your positive comments in regards to our hotel 's facilities , our friendly staff service rendered , your room panoramic view , cleanliness and very good food
I have shared your warm stay feedback with my team who are appreciate it very much and sending their regards.

We are waiting the pleasure to welcome you back again to your second home .

Regards,

Reviewed 24 August 2014

This is family hotel. Ideal for vacation and leisure. Staff was very kind and helpful. Wi-Fi should be free in this kind of hotel. View was spectacular, very nice room, sea view, animation team with all day activity.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank AmirCaus
MehdiOthmani, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear AmirCaus,

Thank you for your kind Trip Advisor review on your recent stay with us.

It was great to know that you were satisfied with our friendly staff service rendered, animation team and other hotel facilities. Our goal is to go the extra mile to ensure that all our guests have a memorable stay in our hotel.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again at your SECOND HOME , where no effort will be spared in making your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as you would wish.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 24 August 2014

The hotel was very bad overall the air conditioner at the room was too weak and mainly doesn't working properly although i called maintenance and they came and fix it but it remained as it is also the taste and variety of the food was so bad and the room wasn't clean This is a 2 star hotel maximum i think i must write a letter explaining the awful holiday that i spent in hilton plaza to hilton world wide hotels

Stayed: August 2014

Dear Ahmedtarekeissa ,

Thank you for the time you spent to write your valuable comments regarding your recent stay at Hilton Plaza Hurghada.

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us. It is always our intention to balance the high quality and standard of service accordingly.
As per your comment about the food, I would like to highlight that we operate three restaurants under the All Inclusive Programme , 1 buffet style restaurant, the Gourmandise, 1 at the beach the seashell and 1 a la Carte Restaurant the Jasmin that requires prior reservation, also we have a two-week menus with local, oriental and international cuisine.
I regret that the air con was not up to the level of your expectation and do appreciate your point of view about the same , I have shared your comment with our Chief Engineer who took the right action.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you at Hilton Hurghada Plaza in the soonest future, where we will do every possible effort to make your stay as much pleasant and comfortable as possible. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Our dive group stayed over at the Hilton Plaza before flying back to South Africa last month (July 2014).
The view from my room was absolutely spectacular although other people in our group had back rooms, which doors could not lock and was very small and in a bad state.

I realise that it is a family hotel, but the overall service; cleanliness of the dining room and general upkeep, was definitely not the standard of the Hilton hotels I am accustomed to.
The tables in the dining room was very dirty and when the dishes were taken off the tables by the staff, they did not even bother to wipe the tables. It was so dirty my arms stick to the table.

I got stuck in the lift, when the power went off. Immediately there was no aircon - although the music was still playing - and extremely hot (it is a glass lift with sun shining through the windows). I pressed the bell non-stop but no response. After about 10 minutes the power came back on and I walked out in the foyer soaking wet.

When ordering a drink at the bar (as simple as a glass of wine or a beer), it would take between 15 - 30 minutes before you receive your drink. Ordering light meals at the bar took more than a hour.

The hotel has such huge contrasts - very bad service; passages quite run-down and food not great. On the other hand fantastic views; great pools etc.

I will never stay in that hotel again.

Room Tip: Take a seaview room on the top floor - preferably at the end of the passage. It has an extra huge pr...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Summer444 ,

Thank you for completing a Trip Advisor review on your last July stay at Hilton Hurghada Plaza.
We are glad to hear you were satisfied with our pool, landscape and the views however we were disappointed to read that you did not find the standards of our hotel up to your satisfaction, please accept our sincere apologies. In fact I confirm that the month of July was marred by many repetitive power cuts that the whole city of Hurghada has suffered from yet since then we have installed our own generator and the issue has been sorted out.

Concerning your Food & Beverage experience, we were very sorry to hear your were disappointed with our service rendered, I have personally shared your feedback with our training manager as well as our Food and Bev manager and we can assure you that new training program were implemented so as to make sure similar short come won’t happen again.

We really would like you to consider our hotel for your future holidays and we assure you that all this issues were corrected last July already.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

My sister and I stayed here at the start of August for one week and had a lovely holiday. The hotel is very clean, with beautiful sea views and the staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. We spent most of our time around the pool and we were always able to get beds in the shade thanks to the lovely Adel (pool area manager- not sure what his title was?) and enjoyed drinks throughout the day from Mina at the Splash Bar.

We had been a little concerned after reading reviews before our holiday, particularly regarding the power cuts and the food. However, yes there were a few power cuts but these usually only lasted for about two minutes each day and honestly did not disrupt our holiday. The food was fresh and was constantly refilled but there was not a great deal of variety at lunch and dinner. We enjoyed two meals in the Jasmine Restaurant but were the only guests in there one night!

I would recommend this hotel for a relaxing break.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
MehdiOthmani, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Dear Steph_C_842014 ,

Thank you for completing a nice and fair Trip Advisor Review on your recent visit to our Hotel. It was great to see you relaxed your stay and enjoyed our facilities.
That is correct, Adel is the person in charge of our swimming pool and I will definitely share with him and Mina your positive feedback as I am sure both will appreciate it so much.

Back to July the whole city of Hurghada faced the challenge of repetitive power cuts yet since then we bought our own generator and as you have experienced it yourself this has been sorted out however I want to sincerely thank you for the trust in this regard.

Thank you once again for recommending our hotel and we are waiting the pleasure to welcome and serve you in the near future .

Best regards,

Reviewed 21 August 2014

The hotel is luxurious(except for the elevators that needs some renovation), very good rooms, service, atmosphere, scenic views, nice shops at the lobby level where you will find most of your needs, great entertainment at night and the activities desk offers great deals of activities... however food during lunch and dinner is awful in term of taste, variety and quality but cleanliness is guaranteed.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank msebaei

Dear msebaei,

Thank you very much for your positive review you posted on trip advisor .

I am glad to read my team have managed to create a truly nice holiday experience for you and were satisfied with our service rendered , your room view and our lobby shopping arcade as well as the day and evening entertainment activities .

I like to confirm that we have 2 restaurants, 1 buffet style restaurant, the Gourmandise open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and offering a two-week menus with local, oriental and international cuisine for dinner and 1 restaurant at the beach, the seashell open for lunch and 1 a la Carte Restaurant the Jasmin that requires prior reservation ).

I will pass all your comments onto my team, who will appreciate them very much.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our lovely resort.

Warm regards,