This is the first time I have written a review on Tripadvisor but I feel that I need to tell you how this hotel stands out from the many I have visited all over the world. I had my reservations about this holiday as we are used to luxury all inclusive in the Caribbean, however I should never have worried.
The hotels look and feel is of the same standard of many five star hotels rated number one on tripadvisor throughout the Caribbean. The attention to detail is exceptional and the grounds that surround the property are well maintained and kept to a high standard.
We had a side sea view room which was great. The room was large with fantastic walk in shower and large balcony overlooking the complex.
The food, this was my reservation before travelling. I have to say the hotel exceeded my expectations with the fantastic choice of restaurants and great buffet selection throughout the day. The food is of the high standard that you will find in many high end restaurants cooked to perfection. We were lucky to try all the a la carte options available. They were all great but the ones that stood out for me was the Mexican, The Mediterranean and the Asian. The only gripe is staying up until midnight to ensure you get a reservation, however the guest services did help up when we forgot.
The staff around the complex work hard to ensure you have a perfect holiday, even after a 13 hour shift they still have the biggest smile on their faces and are ready to help.
I do however want make a special mention to Mohammad Saby who works in the pyramid bar, he is a real credit to your hotel and should be recognised for his hard work, he really does but the customer at the heart of everything he does which shows in his work.
We also used the facilities of the beauty salon and spa. Even though they are a little expensive it was well worth it for the treatments and massages we had.
The animation team was in transition whilst we was there but the guys from Matrix did a fantastic job and where not pestering you all day to take part in games.
We did have a few niggles during the holiday but they were rectified quickly and in a professional manner by the hotel management.
Overall, the hotel is fantastic and I would recommend this to anyone. We have never returned to a hotel before but we are going to make an exception and defiantly return to the crystal bay in the very near future.
Thank you to all the staff who made our experience one we will never forget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the hospitality of Egypt. The 5 Star resort is located in a wonderful Garden Area and directly at the sandy beach with an own lagoon, which guarantee you a relaxing time. 20 km to Hurghada center and 15 km to the Hurghada International Airport provide you short distances during your vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Prestigia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your SUNRISE Grand Select Crystal Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sentido Crystal Bay Hotel Hurghada
- Sunrise Crystal Bay Hurghada