Lisa and I have been going to Egypt for the last 10 years or so and this is our third time to this hotel.
We stayed for the first two weeks of June and we greeted upon arrival like old friends by the regular staff. All the staff are fantastic and work hard to make sure your stay is excellent. The guest relations staff Carla, Yulia, Susan, and Nicole will sort any problems you have – not that we ever had any which was great! The pool guys are great and (Mustafa and Mahmoud) were always waiting to greet you each morning with a smile, and to put your towel out on your sun lounger for you! We preferred being round the pool although you can go to the beach instead either way even when the hotel is busy it doesn’t busy as there is always plenty of space somewhere. You can hire a beach cabana and they had some great offers on those whilst we were there. It can be very hot in June (peaked at 45 degrees C whilst we were there) so we drank lots of soft drinks during the day which Yousif and Mahrous, the barmen at the pool bar, will make sure you have plenty of along with alcoholic drinks whenever you need them. For lunch the beach bar and buffet was the place to be where Ahmed and Mohamed will look after you where you can eat from the buffet or they will serve you freshly cooked food to your table from the menu. The restaurants are all great and I think our favourite was the Indian again, although they are all good with lots of choice to suit everybody’s taste. You can also use the restaurants in the hotels next door so you have about 6 or so restaurants in total that you can choose from. They do get booked up quite early but that is a sign of their quality so it’s fine. The animation team are all great (MoMo, Mark, Ango and Yulia) and have a day time programme of water polo or water aerobics around the pool, although we were always too busy doing nothing and sunning ourselves to take part! The evening entertainment has improved and now had a snake charmer along with various nightly shows which were good. We also like sitting on the relaxing wicker furniture at the outside terrace where the waiters (Mohamed and Sabry) would bring you drinks throughout the evening, nothing was too much trouble for them. Our room was lovely and overlooked the garden/pool and kept to a really high standard of cleanliness, in fact the whole hotel is really! The garden is kept nicely and is watered every morning and evening. The service throughout the whole hotel is excellent and this year they now have free Wi-Fi which is great.
We had a wonderful relaxing break, which is what we go for, and would recommend this hotel to anybody and can’t wait until we go again next year!
Julian and Lisa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the hospitality of Egypt. The 5 Star resort is located in a wonderful Garden Area and directly at the sandy beach with an own lagoon, which guarantee you a relaxing time. 20 km to Hurghada center and 15 km to the Hurghada International Airport provide you short distances during your vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Odigeo, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your SUNRISE Grand Select Crystal Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sentido Crystal Bay Hotel Hurghada
- Sunrise Crystal Bay Hurghada