“Nice short break”

Aladdin Beach Resort
Ranked #91 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed 5 December 2012 via mobile

Went here with my fiancé and 2 friends for a bit of late sunshine .. The price was good the food was good there was always something you would like even our friend who is a veggie found it ok to eat which was surprising! The rooms were kept clean everyday and he couldn't do enough for us.... Also we made friends which one of the waiters by giving him a few tips then he soon look after you for the rest of the stay.. There is plenty to do at this location the beach is clean and the snorkelling off the coast was pretty good too..! Nice little bar down at the beach too! The entertainment was very entertaining... At times!... At this resort there is hardly any English people. It's all Russians Germans etc.. Slight lack of us..... I do suggest if you are a social person go to sharm... Because there will be hardly anyone to talk to.. We would of struggled if we wernt with another couple... 4/5 for the hotel tho! Hope this review helps

• Stayed: November 2012
There are newer reviews for Aladdin Beach Resort

Reviewed 3 December 2012

i stayed for 1 week with my husband and my 8 months baby,,was nice hotel ,,very good service specially in the main restaurant, the stuff treat me like a queen,,whatever i ask they help me( clean the feeding bottle for my baby, mushing food for him) the room was clean, there is many show at night ,,and near by there is Jasmine village and Ali baba hotel and u can access to both hotel and even eat there, the only thing i didn't like the stuff in the reception, they didnt help us at all , and they was complicating things, i recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 November 2012

Just had 2 weeks at the aladdin,not a bad hotel some good points and a few not so good.The main dinning room was not that good ,service was poor,unless you were giving tips ,I do not mind tipping for good service,but not tipping to get service.The hotel is ok and has lots of good points,also you can use the ali baba and the jasmin hotels,in my opinion the service was a lot better at these hotels.We did enjoy our stay at the aladdin,and with a few minor adjustments it would be fine

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mick195059
Reviewed 12 November 2012

My partner and I have just returned from a week’s holiday at the Aladdin beach resort. She had been there three times before and recommended it. We wanted to go for longer but we couldn’t get the time off work. I just wanted a week away from it all to relax and chill out. Never took a mobile phone and had no contact with GB for the week. It was great. If you want to get away and relax we’d recommend this place. We got up in the morning. Had breakfast, laid in the sun, (skipped lunch) had dinner, went to the bar had a few beers in the evening and did nothing all week. There wasn’t a lot of kids running around, the animation team never played the music too loud, there was entertainment on the terrace bar in the evening. So for us everything we wanted was there. Its good to go somewhere where the all inclusive don’t end at 23.00. or earlier as at some all inclusive places we’ve stayed. The staff were hard working and friendly. Its custom to tip in Egypt so for a couple of pound’s a day you got your sun bed saved and drinks brought to you all night. We are looking to go back again next year. It pays to book early if flying with budget airline’s, as early flight booking can save a couple of hundred pounds on the holiday costs. Then maybe some people wont begrudge bunging the hard working staff a couple of quid in tip’s. As for the Russians, watch and enjoy. Be glad we wasn’t born there, because I think they know no better.

Room Tip: As my partner had been here befor we chose a bungalow, which was large and comfy.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dartfordsteve
Reviewed 11 November 2012

This all inclusive hotel seems to built for russians - even the staff the first speaks russian to everybody. I noted , that russians does nt honor local people very much and behave with egyptians like slaves , especially if they are drunk. And I understand, why locals like them ONLY for money. It is realy sad to see. If you visite other country, you might be interested of local culture, food and habits and honor them.
We had a very nice room and sunny holiday, but I noted that if you ever ask to repair anything is wrong ( no soap, no soapholder, air - conditioner does nt work, curtains are broken and does nt move) - it all takes days. If you pay - it probably goes faster. Russians always pay.
The food? You must be creative yourself to find something new and good from the assortment on the stands. There 3 places for nice dinner in this hotel + special restoran for russians on the beach( not included to the all-inclusive).
Beaches are pretty clean and workers are working on it whole day.
I also want to admire for international animation team - they were always everywhere very cheerful, energetic,friendly and creative - their programs are interesting, even if I wanted to have very quiet vacation.

Room Tip: Rooms away from pools are quieter. If air -conditioner works, you dont hear anything else anyway...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Hotel geared for Russians so didn't want to know us uk people. Food was inedible and my son and I were very unwell. Waiters didn't want to serve you unless you tipped every time they brought you a drink.reception the most unhelpful I have ever witnessed. I cannot express how terrible the food was, pity as we love Egypt but will stick with sharm in future years.

Room Tip: The bed for a child is a foam mattress on the floor. Paying full ,price we did expect a proper bed f...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank donnaj1
Reviewed 29 October 2012

This was my 4th visit to Egypt and this time I was seriously missing the smiles on the faces of the local staff. From how I have seen Russian guests treating the staff, I do not wonder much that they do not have much reason to smile; however, I would appreciate an effort.
For a 4 star the hotel is seriously lacking in service. Dirty tables at any time at restaurant, ineffective staff (that is what happens if there is no one to train them and supervise them). Main restaurant at dinner did not offer any good food, was busy all the time and the tables have been a mess. I kind of started to believe that this is the hotel strategy, do not change the dirty tables to save on washing of the table cloth. If this is not true than they just do not care at all. The only one restaurant worth visiting was the Italian restaurant, at least there were less people and the food was better than average.
Rooms were average, I liked that they keep you bottled water in the fridge, but I do not understand why they cannot have a working safe in the rooms (safe is there, but it`s closed and the reception will tell you that they are broken). When we were allowed to enter the rooms (at 2:00PM with our luggage left in front on the hotel at the direct sun for 3 hours), the rooms were cleaned, but no towels were present. They came later in the day... No big deal, but this was the kind of inefficiency you could have seen anywhere, instead of cleaning the room and make it ready at once, the staff came to the room at least 3 times.
Beach is mostly sandy, there is a small reef at the beach of Jasmine hotel. All 3 hotels, Ali Baba, Aladdin and Jasmine are connected, so there is no problem to stay in any of the 3 hotels beaches. However, for eating at a different hotel you have to have a card from the reception. There is an ice rink and bowling center in Ali Baba.
The main reason we chose this hotel was the dive center that was in it, so that you do not have to wake up too early in order to go on a boat and dive with them (Deep Divers). If you are looking for a good instructor ask for Martin (if you prefer to have Slovak/Czech speaking person, he is the one for you). I have made my OWD in there with him and the staff at the dive center is friendly, the food they serve on the boat is a blessing, and you have fun diving near the coral reefs.
If you want to go out from the hotel (which is what we have done most of the time), take a cab to Hurghada Marina. It should not cost you more than 3-5 Euro to get there. We used to hang a lot at Friends bar and we have been also to Papas Beach Club, plus were eating out in there as well. The staff at Friends did go for menu`s to eat into different restaurants, took you order, came to you with meal and with the bill as well, it was fabulous.
Overall, Aladdin was a good place to sleep over, eat your croissants for breakfast and have light dinner + the all inclusive drinks. I did not expect much from the hotel and was not surprised. I would probably go there again if there would be a good deal on the hotel, of course, with a plan to get on the boat the most of the time and spend the evenings out.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends