“Unbelievable”

Ranked #119 of 221 Hotels in Hurghada
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Unbelievable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

The internet really does not do this place justice at all.... it was amazing, the staff were freindly it was clean the food was good. the pool was amazing it has its own private beach. i did 7 nights and it just wasnt long enough. If you want to get away and have an amazing time in the sun this place is absolutely ideal! our room was great the bath room was good with a massive shower. the food in the resturant was just what you needed and had a great selection. the service at the bars was fast and easy. we did the excursions and they even made lunch bags and breakfast bags up for us. i would happily gp back as me and my girlfriend had an unforgetable time!

Room Tip: just the standard room is more than you need for a holiday very spacious and clean.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank stefan k

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Bat'umi, Ajaria, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

holiday its waz so good ) thank for entertaimen team )) the waz so good specil thank for cheaf animation roko, and animators )) we will be back for shur ) evrything its fine in hotel i will be happy to see the same peopel in the hotel

Room Tip: rooms on the side of pool
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank gio705
Blandford Forum, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

We went to the Aladdin Beach Resort at the beginning of February 2013. The hotel is not completely disabled friendly. We did have a disabled room with wet room and this was ok but was in need of updating but served the purpose. The hotel ground were ok but access to the pool and pool bar were up a steep slope and would be exceedingly difficult for anyone to push up by them sleves. The access to the restaurant in the pool area was exceedingly steep. There are no disabled toilets apart from our room. The main restaurant the food is in the middle but a couple of steps up to the seating area. The good point was that the beach was hard sand and meant we could get on the beach without any hassle.
Regarding food, its ok but caters more for the eastern block countries. The Beach bar is good for lunch but can get a bit boring and sometime the food is luke warm. You can access the other two hotels but you need to book. We had a couple of meals in the Ali baba hotel, which was a lot better. Also the lobby bar in Ali Baba is far more entertaining compared to the Aladdin.
Most of the bar staff in the Aladdin were friendly and Machmood in the main restaurant was really helpful. But generally the staff didnt look like they enjoyed their jobs. Reception staff were not really happy or helpful. Perhaps this is due to being around too many Russians. Brits are only 4% of the guests.
We went to Hurghada to go shopping but be warned if you are in a wheelchair it is a nightmare as the kerbs are over a foot high and the pavements are not very long before you meet with a high kerb again. There is a mariner a short walk from the main high street. Not a lot there but plenty of bars and restaurants. At least it is flat.
For those of you using a wheelchair it would be best to go to the Hard Rock Cafe where it is situated in an area where it is flat and loads of shops and places to eat.
We did have a lovely time and as seasoned travellers were not put off, its part of the adventure. The weather was great.

Room Tip: We had a disabled room, Which is situated next to the main restaurant but on the walk through to the...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joy D
Wisbech, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

We've just come back from our holiday in Egypt, this was our first time, and would like to say not our last, as I think hurghada does have something to offer everyone. The hotel was very clean and kept to high standard of cleanliness. The food in main restaurant and Milano restaurant was good, but please be aware to get served of a lunchtime in the Milano expect a long wait, service lunchtimes was the worst I've ever encountered, and a slight improvement for an evening meals. The service at pool bar was non existent, best go to the beach for drinks, unless you were Russian you'd get served all the time.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jason A
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013 via mobile

Me and my friends stayed here on a girlie holiday. At first when we arrived at our rooms it was ok but then our shower broke and then our electric kept going off they came to "fix it" but it never did work properly, we stayed in one of the little bungalows which we found to be a problem as when your sitting outside anyone can just walk up its not like a balcony and that's what happened a drunken man (foreign) so we couldn't understand also very drunk can bouncing on our porch he was very big for us demanding something barged past my friend into our room and started helping himself to her cigarettes, whilst this was happening and my other friend and I was trying to find help my other friend (there was 4 of us) was in the shower she came out to see what the commotion was in just her towel and the bloke came out of our room laughing trying to pull her towel off and put his hand up it as well it was very scary we told her to lock her self in the room and eventually we found a worker of the hotel that could speak his language to help us and he said he was going to take him to reception to sort it out however I didn't trust this bloke so I went to make sure that something would be done the man tried to get out of going and get to the bar the man that was taking him didn't let him I explained to the reception staff what had happened and to my surprise they thought it was funny I'm obviously upset by then one of my friends came and the luggage men that worked there thought it was funny too I don't find being harassed funny by this time I am fuming that we are being laughed at the the foreign bloke was smirking, the manager came down as I told the reception I want him arrested as no one was taking me seriously how would they feel if it was their daughter niece wife that just got felt up by some drunken man? The manager didn't find it funny and told the man in Russian that he is banned from Aladdin and cut his bracelet off, the day after we went to see guest relation as we still wasn't happy about the staffs attitude and we certainly didn't feel safe. She said to make a official complaint so we went to reception at Aladdin to get paper and pen, that evening my friend in the other room left her key in the slot for the electric and the door shut she spoke to some English people near by and they said to ring reception and they will send someone to unlock the door so she rang from our phone and they refused to come down she had to go to reception however she was in her pj as she was getting ready to go to dinner but she went when she got there they refused to give her a key unless she signed a form stating that the problem we had the other night was dealt with correctly she refused and had to kick up a fuss to some people checking in to get the key as they clearly didn't want a scene, the day after we had a letter to meet the manager in reception so we did and I wasn't there for the most of it as I was talking on the phone but eventually we signed the paper and accepted a dinner, as the manager wouldn't let us go until we accepted something and the day was wasting away. I will not be staying at this hotel again it's like they didn't have a clue how to deal with this kind of problem. Also all inclusive is all inclusive you have to pay for cocktails fresh juice in the morning and extra water if you want it, and they are forever asking you to go on this trip to do this to do that it's very annoying when your trying to relax on the beach want as bad, my friend went to shalm and she said they give you a little flag you can put up so no one bothers you I think they should have that here leave it down the first day then pop it up the rest of the time, the food was nice however it says you can eat in any of the 3 restaurants when we tried booking into jasmine they said we couldn't, also if or when you go in to town do it in the day not at night like us it was a nightmare they are all desperate to make a sale and it scary as well we didn't think it would be so bad but was, also when we first arrived and came out of the airport our bus was tiny and they put all your bags on the roof there was a bloke asking for a tip as soon as you approach him to put your luggage up and refused to do it unless he got one some people paid but I demanded he put it up I'm assuming he's not allowed to do this and was trying to do it quick before the tour guide came. I'm not saying I had a dreadful holiday we had a great time went snorkelling would recommend it watched the belly dancers ate food that I've never tried before got a tan it's just the incident with the bloke it could have happened to anyone but the way the staff dealt with it was just terrible we felt a tad bit anxious for the rest of the holiday as they didn't seem to take us seriously and we didn't feel safe, and the manager badgering us to say they delay with it great was just annoying, would recommend hurgada but not this hotel and what my friend said about shalm I think I'll be trying there next anyways.
Thanks for reading Sarah

Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sarahslinn2010
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

Travelled with a family of 10. We stayed at the Aladdin 18/12/12 - 02/1/2013 and i can honestly say it was a good holiday with good and bad moments & memories.
The bar staff and the entertainment team where brill, shame the management were not as caring they had a very bad attitude with there guests including people in my family. They also made us pay double for one person in the group as they said we did not pay. Which we did!
The food was lovely but the hotel mostly catered for Russians, although you could get English food down at the beach bar through the day. The rooms are pritty decent, good enough to sleep in anyways. The animation team always have something on for you through day and night making sure you have a good holiday. The hotel is a taxi drive away from the town but i did not like the town center or outside of the hotel grounds as the locals where quite intimidating. Overall i would go back to Egypt just not Hurghada.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Georgia D
Tula, Tula, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

It is very nice place near Red sea with several beaches, blue swimming pools, green trees and numerous flowers. In vicinity, there is aqua-park (Titanic resort). You can by cheep souvenirs in shopping center Cleopatra opposite, crossing the road.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family