“I regret going back there” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dessole Aladdin Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hurghada
Dessole Aladdin Beach Resort
Ranked #115 of 228 Hotels in Hurghada
Ravenna, Italy
“I regret going back there”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

I went to this hotel exactly 2 years ago, and I wrote a nice review about it,, for that reason we come back again last month, and for my surprise, was not any more that wonderful place to stay in,, the food ws poor,only white rice, rice with veggies,, boiled veggies,,, sautee veggies,, chiken lunch and dinner, so we was having difficulty to choose what to eat, as its always the same menu,, the stuff are very rude specially the one in the bar,, when u ask ice looks like we are asking gold,, and when u ask the waiters in the pool to bring some drinks,, they always answer why dont u go by ur self! The animation ws only in russian language! So every night we was walking to jasmine village for entartainment ,,, my advice if u r not russian ,, dont go there ,,
I was happy to plan again my holiday there , but I will never ever come back there again,, even for free....
By the way happen very strange thing there; we were out we came back by midnight and my cousin was staying in single room,,, she enter and found the lock broken ,wish is very strange thing cause this lock from inside , and cannot be broken unless if some one has entered inside the room,, so she was scared and she have to sleep with us ( me and my husband and our son)!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

just returned from aladdin titanic aqua park has taken over this hotel it is owned by DeSSole you can no longer use jasmin or ali baba hotels but you can use titanic roast chicken every night. i am a diabetic and asked for diet coke was given ordenary cola with soda in resturant and pool bar i complained but nothing was done. they were doing upgrades to some of the rooms i was told after 3days to leave my room and go to another why put me there if they knew they were upgrading that room.i have been this hotel 6 times but never again animation team who are they nobody asked if we wanted to do anything we found aladdin to be very boring the lobby bar is now 24hrs dont go to this hotel

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jackieb600

Travellers are raving about these Hurghada hotels

Stourbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

After reading a lot of negative reviews on this hotel we decided to go! Well the tale is the hotel is very clean, the food is ok and got better during our holiday. There are a lot of Russians who are rude but that's the normal with any nationality to be honest. There are plenty of Dutch who are lovely to speak with. The reception is lovely and so are the staff, the waiters are fabulous and very helpful in all the restaurants. The rooms do need a little maintenance but for the money you cannot grumble. The beach is lovely but if you have small children go to the side of the Jasmine as it is better. You are able to use the Jasmine Hotel which is the 3* and the Alibaba which is 5*. We went to the Alibaba for drinks and they have all inclusive cocktails bonus! The hotel is rather large and if you have young children you would not be happy leaving them in the pool alone with armbands. The Aladdin swimming pools are fabulous and there are small areas for youngsters. The only real negative for us was the service in the Lobby Bar was poor. So for us we had a great time.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Nicola P
dartford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

Not long home from a great two weeks at the Aladdin Beach Resort. Can’t wait to go back again. It was my second trip and my partners sixth to this hotel. For us the hotel has everything we want. The place never seems to be crowded, the grounds are spacious and well laid out. You have the use of the facility’s in the two sister hotels (Jasmine and Ali Baba) It offers a good verity of food and drink. There are many activities you can take part in, beach volley ball, aerobics, water polo etc. The staff are great and really take good care of you. We met some people we’d met previously there and other Brits who keep returning to the same hotel. Brits are in the minority. The Europeans and Russians who speak English will have a conversation with you. People are on holiday to have a good time. A couple of excursions we found good were, the glass bottomed boat and the catamaran sunset trip. The marina is worth a visit. To eat there expensive. The restaurant’s charge UK prices for the food. Already planning our next trip.

Room Tip: Tip the staff you get better service. Room 1153 is 50mts from terrace bar.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank dartfordsteve
Luxor
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

This is our second visit to the Aladdin Hotel. The reception is still unfriendly and unwelcoming. The lobby bar is a disgrace, plenty of staff yet most tables are dirty with full ashtrays. They turn off the aircon at 11am which means if you do not want to sit in the sun all day and wold like to sit and read you have to do it in your room as there is not a single airconditioned area during the day.
The food has gone down hill from last year, boring tasteless and the same every day. The Italina (poolside) was closed on 2 evenings that I went, so we had to eat at the buffet, you can get a voucher from reception and eat in the Ali Baba, but the Egyptian restaurant was closed every night.
The entertainment is diabolical in all 3 of the hotels. There is a children's disco at about 7, and an attempt at a show at 9pm this finished at 9.25. You can go to the disco but is really only suited for 18 to 30's it is loud house and club music, nothing that I would want to dance to, also you have to buy your drinks there. There is also a beach party $10 per person, again suited to 18 to 30's.
My husband and I are in the 30 to 45 age range, we were in bed by 9.30 nearly every night, bored senseless, the TV had 70 channels only one in English the rest Russian, German and Italian.
The beach (Jasmine) is excellent, but it is a long walk to get a drink or go to the toilet.
The room 2564 was spacious spotlessly clean and comfortable. I have stayed in many hotels all around Egypt, this is the only one that I have never seen a rat or a cockroach, thanks to the well behaved cats that patrol the area, (good management decision), believe me I have seen some really big rats in some hotels here, but never this one :o)
The entertainment team appear not to speak English, most of the staff speak Russian or Arabic, but they try to be helpful and are always polite, same cannot be said about the entertainment team, if you are overweight, older than 20 or with a partner expect to be completely ignored by all of them. The only people asked to join in the shows were the exact opposite of those mentioned!!!!!
I have to say I find the comments about the Russians unfair, the hotel was about 80% Russian, 10% German, 8% Dutch and 2 % English, we did not see anyone miss behave at all.

Who would this hotel suit????
Those of you that want to sit around all day and night boozing..... basically nothing else to do. IF you can't be convinced I suggest you bring plenty to read.
All in all I would not stay here again, it is a shame as the staff and the hotel are great, but the lack of anything to do other than sunbathe and drink is enough to put me off.

Room Tip: We stayed in 2564 it was quiet and central to all ammeneties.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank PopsyLuxor
Southampton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

Firstly. The confusion - Ali baba, Aladdin and jasmine hotel altogether owned by one person in same location but 3 different prices for hotels but you can use all facilities in each hotel apart from main restaurant

The hotel -a first glance looks a nice hotel if a little basic and dated
The security - basically there is none anyone can walk in and out of hotels without being checked and no patrols
The rooms - basically good apart from mattresses in rooms very poor .. The doors to the rooms are very poor standard and can easily be opened . Whilst we were in our room we had huge cockroaches come in under the door and someone tried to break in thru our balcony door whilst we were in the room. The room safes do not work so everything has to be left at reception which is a pain and they do not have space for laptops iPads etc so no where to leave anything safe ... Best advice keep with you else risk losing
The guests - well my partner is Russian and she was embarrassed by her countries behaviour but worse than the Russian are the polish guests who make the Russians look like angels
The pools - very average and not very safe - they have rules about jumping diving in pool but either staff nor guests pay attention nor do they pay attention at the bars by serving alcohol at 8am
The food - contrary to what other people say it is not Russian orientated food it's just basic and poor standard
The animation - this is very poor and often no idea what is going on and where ... What is done is very poor the animation people are not around much and speak a lot of time talking to preferred guests. The seem to have about a team of 15 people but you rarely see more than 5 or 6 at a time

They do have a nice seafood restaurant which you have to pay for and only once per week which is only time to get decent food but odd as meant to be all inclusive hotel so why pay .... You also have to pay for one of the evening animation shows

The whole hotel set up between the three hotels is very odd and confusing .... The service throughout the hotel is very poor and slow .... They seem to serve certain guests and ignore others

The beach is terrible and the photos usd on websites are not of this hotel

MY BEST TRAVEL TIP do not ever stay at any of these three hotels , if you want to experience real egypt go to Luxor instead if you want a beach type holiday go to a 5 star hotel or save a bit more and go to the titanic aqua park hotel ... This hotel is how a hotel should be run properly

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank kurtmaxfire
home
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

NB! English is not my native language, sorry for poor grammar!

In General. It is three hotel complex on a very large territory - Jasmine 3*, Aladdin 4* and Ali Baba 5*. You can use all services in all hotels, regardless in which hotel you stay, except dinner - you have to make reservation at resception in the morning to go to dinner to another hotel. You can use one time Titanic water park (across the road) - make reservation in the morning at reception.

SERVICE - excellent. Staff is hard working, very friendly and willing to help. Some of them spoke english, some russian, some german. I felt safe and looked after in this hotel. They are not smiley but this does not mean they are not friendly. When I was smiling, they were always smiling back. In my mind the staff was much better than in some turkish 5* hotels. It was truly sad to see some tourists (mostly russians) act arrogantly and nasty with staff and sometimes with other tourists also.

ROOM - we stayed at Ali Baba, second floor room 4845. The room was simple but large, bed comfortable and view was to pools and palm trees. Large balcony. The only disturbing noise came from next room people, who loved to return late and shout and laugh loudly (no surprise here - russians). One night there was party noise but it was not too loud and ended at ~23.00. We did not see any bugs. They had problem with water pressure (sometimes low) but we always had water - both cold and warm.

FOOD - simple, fresh, tasty, they barely used salt. My favorite - fresh tomato souse and salads. NB! Fresh juices, watermelon, shrimps, lobster etc are for extra money. Read the information what is included and what not. The simple rule is - if they offer it, then it is for extra money.

SEA & BEACH - Just wonderful sea with fish and riffs. The smaller sandy beach between Aladdin and Jasmine, left from the russian bar "serp i molot", was our favorite. It had small riffs, lots of different fish, sandy bottom of the sea, sand on the beach, no rocks. Other beaches were closer to bars but had rocks on the beach and in the bottom of the sea. With children it was more comfortable on the sandy beach. There is "no reservation" rule for sun beds, however again mostly russian tourists do not give a sh... of any rules and the best places were reserved (towels left on the sun beds and no people for hours).

POOL - nice, no water park just pools but you can go to Titanic water park once.

TITANIC WATER PARK - big, lots of different attractions, place for all ages and genders to have fun in the water. You can use this complex once (we stayed for a week). You must take the free of charge tickets at reception.

ZOO - terrible, why such a nice hotel have this horrible thing at its territory. I would love to see it gone :( Poor animals.

RUSSIANS - I can`t say that they are all like this but what I`m about to say, can be said about lots of them - loud, arrogant, hungry. When they see food, they run like they see it for the very first time. I was still taking food, when a woman tried to crab the spoon out of my hand. Lots of them stand so close to you in the line that you can smell their breath. Where ever they stand there is yelling and loud commenting about everything they see or what they think or what her grandma is doing at the moment on the other end of the world. Everybody must hear and know it. The way they talk to staff - here boy, get lost, do you hear me, know etc. Rules are not for them - sun beds were reserved by leaving towels and people left for lunch or to sleep for hours. There were signs that no reservation for sun beds, staff kindly reminded about that. The answer was - so what, I don`t care, get lost. Making fun of local people and country. I really loved the hotel but these people... hm

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family