“Review of 3 Nights at Regina Resort Hurgada”

Regina Swiss Inn Beach Resort & Aqua Park
Ranked #113 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I stayed 3 nights at Regina Resort Hurgada in the period from 24 January to 27 January 2014. The hotel is in a very good place at the heart of Hurgada. You can find a lot of shopping places, restaurants, bazaars, etc...very near to the hotel. You can find famous junk-food restaurants very close to you like McDonald, Moa'men, KFC, etc...

The first impression is that the hotel was clean, full of green spaces that are well-organized and maintained. I reached my room, and I found it also clean, beds were good, path-room also good. I found the room service near to the room, Yasir, he was very welcoming and helpful. He brought a third bed for my kids for free, and he was always around. In all days, Yasir took care of the room, so, when we return, the room was always clean and organized.

The dinner of the first day was good, and I was surprised with this as I read before about this hotel that the food is not good. However, the first dinner was good. The next breakfast was almost good, except for some remarks. I couldn't find a hot milk, Milk was cold, beans was also cold, the person responsible for egg-cooking does only single type of egg.

The next dinners and breakfasts were more bad. The main remark is that the food is very little, most of the time, there is no food, and you always get the answer "Please Wait". The person responsible for chicken were the master of the delay. Always says, "Chicken(s) on the way" when Chicken reached, I discovered that it was (3/4 of a single chicken) that should be separated into small pieces to be distributed on guests !! He was mastering how to cut chicken in smaller and smaller pieces. As a summary, the restaurant is not good at all. The staff should be replaced as soon as possible.

There are two swimming pools. As they indicate on the website, swimming pools are "All Year" pools, which means that pools should be warm in winter. However, this is not true, even the reception didn't know if pools are warm or not, or should be warmed or not. Weird !! In addition, the swimming pools were dirty, as if it's not cleaned weeks ago.

There are no services on the swimming pools, services exist, but no people are there. This may be due to the very weak existence of tourists in the hotel, and in Hurgada in general.

The hotel has a private clean sandy beach with a very good look, with a special place for yachts, but when we needed to have a trip in the red sea, we went from a different hotel. (Don't know why?)

The night show is very good. The animation team is very friendly, welcoming, polite, and funny. They always wait in front of restaurant to invite people to the night show. The night show starts with mini-disco for kids, very funny. Then, the main show, which is changing everyday. The show place is very good, well-designed, full of decoration and good seats.

One thing I didn't like, is that there are some people in the reception always inviting you to some event in the upper floor as a kind of advertisement for their new hotels. This reminded me of people in street for time-sharing advertisement. Was very annoying to me as they stopped me several times.

There is a health club in the hotel. I'm always interested in using Jaccusi in hotels I visited. When I asked about it, they shocked me that the heater is damaged, and the Jaccusi water is cold.

So, there were not a chance for me to touch water in the hotel, not in swimming pool, no health club.

I saw some work to enhance the swimming pool, it looks like a small aqua park in progress along with a new swimming pool, but still not finished.

In general, tourism is very very very weak, as I was told by people inside the hotel, the occupation is about 9% in the hotel, and reaching 12% in other hotels. This may be the reason for the bad service.

Room Tip: Don't go to this hotel unless you make sure of: Swimming pool cleanness, warm water, restaurant...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank amabdelsalam
Regina R, Guest Relations Manager at Regina Swiss Inn Beach Resort & Aqua Park, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2015

Good afternoon from us all at Regina Resort! Thank you sincerely for your review and your words. We appreciate your feedback and I would like to reassure you that we take all comments seriously in our endeavors to improve standards and meet guest expectations. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future, until then kind regards from the team here. Sincerely, Guest Relation Maria.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

This hotel has more advantages than disadvantages. one of their advantages is the location which is in the center of the town with many shops nearby and its beach is very good plus the bungalow is really making you feel that you are staying in a private villa.
The worst thing about this hotel is the food, no varieties and sometimes nothing to eat at all.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
8  Thank Ramikh

Reviewed 27 August 2013

What are you doing here ?! you don't need to read my review or any other, save your self and your family from this place,.. okay still reading ? Let's start with the goods, The location is in the heart of Sheraton road, the road full of bazaars and shops and it direct on the sea with a private beach and good gardens as you can see from the photos.

maybe 10 years ago this was a good nice property but now it's a wreck..
let's see, ummm the rooms: we have changed 4 rooms in the first couple of hours only to find one with a working air condition, it ended up that we were guessing which key to try first.. the from desk guy finally gave us a key for a bungalow in the first row of bungalows, by first row i mean it's the furthest bungalow from the hotel lobby with garden view, it was nice enough for us.

here comes the big hit: The Food and The restaurant if you call it so !! OMG.. the food there is not made for respectful human guests. I was really insulted buy the food quality and the variety especially for the rate i payed. Mashed potato, rice and pasta only ! seriously ! sure the milk was ms mixed was water, too much water in fact. the soft drinks bar, after like 10 to 15 minutes waiting in a queue he poured like 30mm of cola in a tiny glass for me !

As one guest reviewed Mac. across the street tastes like heaven comparing to this so called resort food !!

Hopefully this review may save somebody's vacation someday

Room Tip: do not accept a room in the main building, if you must stay here choose a bungalow in the front rows...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank m_yosri

Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

Yst I checked out before time
very bad rooms, bad service and all air conditions older than 10 years.

bathrooms not good, ac not working and even after complain nobody care.

no events no good staff and all and all bad experience.

worst experience.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Rakesh_mt

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Very poor and old room furniture, no tv remote, room should have sea view I only can see trees, veey poor reception,small bed, bed cover not clean, no maintained happened since hotel is built
First and last time to visit

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ramy E

Reviewed 19 July 2013

It was the second time to be in Regina Resort. Nothing to say but every one should pay a week there , to enjoy what nature have offered this area.Weather ,sea ,accomodation, food ,people every thing we experinced was fantastic.
My advice to all, dont miss this place.

Room Tip: Rooms near the beach.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank MohamedAbouArab

Good afternoon from us all at Regina Resort! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and also the fact you have taken time to write your review on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is invaluable. We hope you will visit us again in the future. Sincerely, Guest Relation Maria.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

This was my first trip to Egypt . I liked everything very much . Egypt is absolutely new world for me. All staff of Regina was very friendly. They all worked professionally. I liked my rest in Regina so much that I did not want to go home .Iwill come to Regina many times , I know that for sure . I thank everybody for my wonderful vacation. Special thanks to Mr. Karim Milad

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends