“Very good and friendly staff members”

Sea Star Beau Rivage
Ranked #20 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed 13 March 2014

It was a nice stay of 3 days at the hotel , the staff are friendly specially Mr Ahmed who handles security in night shift and most of the receptionists are good too .. I enjoyed the food and the chief was friendly also .. it was just you need to go out of your room to get water and that's what I didn't like about it

Room Tip: Pick a room near to the sea
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Sea Star Beau Rivage

Reviewed 11 March 2014

The Sea Star Beau Rivage is ideal for those people looking for a complete break and little adventure. Set outside Hurghada, 30 mins from the airport, this hotel offers a high standard in all areas, accept possibly, though it might suit some, the entertainment which in the evenings was amatureish to say the least and noisey when resting around the pool during the day. That aside, all the staff are absolutely wonderful and to be honest grateful, I think, from some interaction with the Brits, which are thin on the ground right now, the place is awash with Russians, so be prepared for their overall lack of finesse abroad. There are plenty of excursions available, all offering great value for money, though we only did the one, a snorkelling trip to Paradise Island, fantastic day out. The surrounding area outside the hotel needs investment and I think the people are generally struggling to make a living, so if you go shopping be prepared to be harassed 'big time'. The food in the hotel is plentiful, offering great quality and variety for all tastes, practically all day long. We were fully inclusive, which I recommend, as the choice of restaurants in the immediate area are very limited indeed. When you check in at the the hotel, be prepared to offer up your wrist for the fitting of a coloured band which denotes your level of 'board' yellow indicating full board. The state of cleanliness is to be highly commended, they never ever stop cleaning, made me think about my own home, which I'd always considered to acceptably clean, until this holiday. We liked the hotel a lot but not the area very much which is a bit of a building site. Unless you have a death wish I strongly advise that you do not hire a car, they drive without rules and the roads are generally in a shocking state of repair, though it's fun to watch when someone else is at the wheel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Stephen P
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We returned on 7th March'14 from 2 weeks in the delightful Sea Star, having exchanged the British winter for glorious sun and sea. The hotel is in a very quiet area with no bars or restaurants within walking distance but taxis are cheap and Hurghada town is approx.10 mins drive away.
The hotel does have a night club and the Animation team delivered regular entertainment, which seemed to go down well, but for us, the excellent service and friendly attention, particularly from the restaurant, pool and bar staff, made the holiday memorable. Food was great and varied (granted, with an Egyptian bias - as you would expect, being in Egypt!) and drinks, plentiful. Our room was very clean, comfortable and we had a fabulous sea view. Great holiday, thank you Sea Star.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Norma S
Reviewed 21 February 2014

As a last minute decision i decided to take my mother on a five day break for her 50th birthday to sea star from the 10/02/2014-15/02/2014. I'd looked through nearly all the reviews for several hotels and ultimately decided on sea star. I was extremely anxious the entire journey as the negative reviews had made me apprehensive about the hotel, staff and food. However, it was one of the best holidays I've had and i tend to travel at least twice a year. This was my first visit to Egypt and i loved it!

The English pound is equivalent to around ten Egyptian pounds so everything is pretty cheap. I was quite shocked on arrival when I asked the price of WiFi for five days as i had previously read a review in which a holidaymaker was disgusted that they had to pay '£150' for WiFi for seven days! However, they failed to state that this was 150 Egyptian pounds which is only around £15 English pounds.. So cheap if you ask me, and i cannot live without the internet as i need to keep on top of my emails.

The food was good, lots of variety, it was always piping hot! Foods not really a big deal for me when i go on holiday because i go for the beach and a tan! But i ate quite a lot.

The staff were very friendly, always greeting you asking if everything is OK. I am British and I did not feel 'neglected' as i had read in other reviews! I also met two British couples out there who also loved it, one was on there third visit to sea star which is evident of how much they enjoyed themselves.

On arrival i would advise you to buy the visa! It costs £13 (english pounds) and you need it if you want to leave your hotel grounds E.g. if you want to go on any boat trips or safari excursions. Both of which I did and would recommend to anybody!The snorkelling was insane! You are literally surrounded by fish of all different colours, shapes and sizes! I also went on the safari desert quad biking and it was awesome! i even got my mother driving the quads on her 50th birthday!
If you do decide to go on any excursions book with Adel from sea star! our travel agent was charging £10 more than what sea star was for the exact same trip!

Hope this helps with your decisions, i sure needed this info before i went!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank casey418
Reviewed 12 February 2014

It was a very boring holiday but thanks for the animation team they did help us alot to forget the rest of the bad things in the hotel, especially the boys they were funny and really cool I will never forget them, they are Simone, Mammad, Hisham and that funny DJ. I really thank them for making a bad holiday bearable.
The food was bad, everyday was chicken and the bar was only serving coke, sprite & fanta, not a great choice!!
The rooms however were clean so that wasnt so bad.
There was a very annoying food & beverage manager ibrahim which always was flirting with me infront of my husband which was really inappropriate! He made me feel very awkward.
This will be the the first and last time for me there and i will never return again back EVER!!

Room Tip: I wouldnt bother going!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Yvonne O
Reviewed 11 February 2014

It was a strange holiday ..Especially after recieving everyday a basket of fruit in my room with a letter from a guy his name is Dahab.. inviting me and my daughter to go to disco outside the hotel..
The food was good but the drinks were limited.. I really did like the animation shows it was amazing! And the funny animators erika kristina hisham mammad!
The rooms were nice a clean….
But the beach was full of stones...

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Asta0303
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Just returned from 7 night all inclusive. If your content to stay within the hotel grounds for just a relaxing break this is the place for u. All your needs are catered for by really friendly hotel staff who cant do enough for you without being a nuisance. Two pools one heated and one quite cold [ for the brave that one]. Private beach with plenty of sun loungers and staff to help u move them as the sun goes round. Great beach bar between the cold pool and the beach, snacks, drinks readily available. Also for those with energy to burn the entertainment team are there every day with aerobic classes, pitonk. darts and dance classes. Foooood choices seem to cater for everyone but more importantly it was well presented and cooked properly. Whether u wanted fish,chicken,pasta,salads,or freshly cooked omelettes/eggs anyway u want. Beautiful desserts which u wont be able to resist its all there and the waiters ensure that you get what ever is your favourite drink to go along with your meal. Evening entertainment was a bit amateurish but u cant fault the energy of the team they do try hard and are all very pleasant people. All in all the only thing they need to improve on are the mattresses on the beds as they are rock hard, however once I complained I received a very comfortable sprung mattress within the hour.

Room Tip: Seems most rooms have balconies, the shape of the building is horseshoed 60% of the rooms will have...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family