“Perfect week in the sun”

Siva Grand Beach Hotel
Ranked #69 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Cheshire
“Perfect week in the sun”
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Travelled with Red Sea Holidays on 6/4/12 to 13/4/12 Flew with Monarch from Manchester and both flights good and on time. Red Sea Rep 'Kay' was always there in the evenings if you needed him, but most evening he had nothing to do - this tells you what a good hotel it is when the reps have no complaints.

Hotel was excellent and exceeded our expectations. We only booked one week before we went so we were really pleased.

Staff are very friendly and the service was excellent throughout the hotel.

We had 2 standard rooms one for the adults and one right next door for our 2 teenage girls. Rooms were very large and spotless. The guy who cleaned our room kept it very clean and he always stopped to chat when he saw us and ask if we needed anything and if he could get us anything. The rooms were in the blocks near to the beach and we had a lovely view and they were close to everything. Beach towels are provided as well as a beach bag for the duration of your stay. The sheets and towels were spotless. Fridge and hairdryer also in the room. Air Con was very effective and fairly quiet.

The grounds are immaculate, they are always cleaning and even the walkways were scrubbed every evening, gardeners were always around keeping the gardens looking so nice. The pool was freezing but we still went in and you did get used to the temperature after a few mins. The pool area is large with plenty of sunbeds for everyone. You did not need to get up early to reserve beds, you could still get a bed up to 9am each morning and right next to the pool Plenty of shade if you needed it. The waiters around the pool gave you first class service and as soon as your glass was empty they brought you another.

The beach is clean but Egypt beaches are not the best. Plenty of beds and shade and the water was clear. We did see lots of jelly fish though.

There was a barbeque by the pool at lunch as well as a Pizza hut and they did Fresh Waffles in the afternoons with cholcoate sauce, strawberrys and ice cream - very yummy !!

The restaurants were small but we never had a problem getting a table and again the service was excellent and a very nice atmosphere. The food was cooked more towards the Germans and a little more choice for the English taste buds would have been nice but we didn't go hungry and the deserts are gorgeous. Fresh omlettes every morning cooked in front of you. A Pasta station would have been nice in the restaurant.

We did not see much entertainment as we sat in the beautiful lobby area in the evenings as free wi-fi was provided and the girls were hooked to their mobiles as usual ! The service by the waiters in the lobby area again was excellent. The lobby is all marble and very large with comfy seating everywhere - very classy.

The weather was good a mixture of sun and cloud, some days no wind at all and others very windy but very hot. It did go dark around 6.30pm and it did start to cool off quite quickly and a cardigan was needed for the evening.

Outside the hotel is a strip of shops, you do get hassled a little but a quick chat and a firm no does the job.

Overall - this hotel is excellent throughout, very clean and with very efficient staff and we will definately be returning. Thank you to everyone who made our week such a good one and to all the staff who are so friendly and professional.

The Walker family

Room Tip: We enjoyed our standard room it was quiet and had lovely views of the gardens
3 Thank pjne2009

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Stavanger
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Well, it is windy every time my husband and I visit Hurghada. You must always bring warm cloths for the evening. This time we chose Siva hotel. It is situated about eight km from airport and Hurghada town. If you are not disabled you can walk to town. On your way you will meet nicce egyptens. Somebody want to sell something. The others want to talk. But back to hotel: It has pleasent, clean rooms, nice waiters and very good food, special the fish was tasty. The sevice in the respetion is not so good. It is difficult to find a person who can tell you where to book a table when there are special arrangements for dinner. The staff do not know where to adress a wish about a clean towel for swimming pool. And I have seen to many belly dancers in the evening shows. But some of them were clever, but to much is to much. But still, I recomend Siva hotel.

Room Tip: On the ground floor, in the main building.
Chichester
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Just returned from Siva Grand and had a very enjoyable holiday.
Positives:
food, good quality and plenty of choice considering the bad reviews on here I was pleasantly surprised. We tried everything and didnt get ill. If anything there was too much choice and we ended up eating too much
All inclusive drinks are good, beer is cold and tasty and you can refill yourself or there is waiter service everywhere even on the beach. Wine is drinkable!Generous amount of alcohol in cocktails
Swimming pool and beach are both lovely although you need to get up early to reserve a bed
Waiters at dinner were so friendly and helpful....really smiley.
Trip to the desert was worth the money....we went on quad bikes, camels, donkies etc and it was a really good day
Loads of English people there even though lots of reviews on here say there weren't many. Maybe it was because we went in the Easter holidays though
All the public areas were really clean

Negatives
Room was definitely not 4* We were not in the main hotel we were in one of the side buildings. We met some people and found out alot of them had been upgraded at check in and we hadn't! So definitely worth asking to be in the main hotel. Our room felt dusty and just felt a bit old and neglected
Reception staff were a bit moody
LOADS of birds everywhere outside...if you leave your food for 5 minutes there will be a bird after it!
Brochure says badminton.....there is no badminton court!

All in all a good, relaxing holiday but wouldn't go again only because I like to explore the local town when I am abroad but there is nothing really beyond the hotel unless you get a taxi or shuttle bus...and we were warned against going into the town anyway.

Room Tip: Try and get a room in the main hotel rather in the side buildings.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rebecca P
Wales
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Just arrived back from Siva a week ago, the accommodation was great me and my partner had junior suite and the cleanliness was at a high standard yet food was very very poor, all food was for German guests, also food would be used from the evening for the morning for example beef burgers for breakfast! Also the staff were very very rude at dinner I would ask for a coke and beer I would be waiting for 15 minuets by that time I had finished my dinner. We would go to the bar at night I would ask for an all inclusive cocktail they would say which one I would say I don't know what type of cocktails have you got their reply would be "If you don't know how am I supposed to know". Yet the waiters would be running around for the German guests. Me and my partner where at the beach relaxing then we where pestered around 4 times in an hour if we wanted to buy sand bottles. My partner was then walking down with his wallet going to change his traveler cheques when a cleaner stopped him and was curious to know if he had money in his hand! We would go out of the hotel at night for a stroll and we would get pestered from shopkeepers CONSTANTLY and at times if you didn't buy they would swear at you, watch out for the perfume shops! And at the end of the stay I started to realize my knickers had gone missing. Would I recommend the Siva no, would I go back no.

2 Thank Iwan R
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2012

After using Trip Advisor prior to booking all my holidays I thought I'd add my review! I have been to Egypt 3 times on an all inclusive basis. No its not on a par with an A/I in Mexico, but we were not in Mexico!! The service from all staff was good, yes we tipped, but only when we recieved service that deserved it! We found chatting and a polite thank you went a long way!

We had a room that slept 4, and was of a good size. It was worn in places but in general of a good standard. Nothing to complain about on the food front. Buffet service and there was something there for everyone, including 2 'picky' children.

The pool was a bit chilly, but was well used by the children, and on occasion by me!

All in all I would recommend the Siva and would have no hesitation on recommending it to friends

Room Tip: Can confirm athe review that says dont join the queues for the visa at the airport. As you arrive i...
4 Thank Annette B
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I learnt from reading these reviews that the hotell was about 10 min away from airport and was advised to take a taxi instead of booking tour buss, which cost's more, we paid 40 EP which is about 4 £ but that is after haggling from 60 EP. Get ready for haggling!!
(although the hotel's not so far from airport, there were hardly any noise disturbance) A very pluss from my husband.

Beautiful and inpresive hotel on arrival, checking in went smoothly thanks to us taking the taxi, otherwise we would have had to wait some time as we had to fill in a form and if everyone had to do this it would take some time.
We asked for a room with a view and since we booked semi suite we got one anyway.
Nice big room but after a little looky around the bathroom it was apparent they tried to build the hotel in rush, this i'm sure you'll notice yourself. Nothing really off putting, i'm a pickie person, but just a sloppy job for a 5*. But it serves it's purpose. Shampoo, shower gel, bath gel and soap is provided as a hairdryer to. Fresh towels every day if dessired. The hotel also supplies beach/pool towels which is found in room.
Huge bed but hard and pillows to so take your own pillow if you want to sleep well. There's a little minni bar fridge in the room, i just took out their stuff and put my own in.

We went with the all-in connsept and there are many food areas/restarants to choose from and all nice and clean, food was good i thought, i love foods of different cultures so i wasn't affraid to try. My husband wasn't happy with the food but he never went hungry and he's a big man.
I was affraid of getting a belly bug because i know when everyone is touching the same serving spoons how easy germs are spred, so i made sure to have handwipes in my bag at all times. I'm sure this helped as we were bug free all week :-))
The all-in drinks were a bore, don't be looking for quality, you can tell these were like squash and alcohol mixed. But the beer and the red wine was good.
There are outside restarants the hotel recomends, it can get a bit boring the same sort of food everyday. We ate out once at the Hard Rock Hurghada to celebrate my husbands Birthday. It's more or less the same thing as any other Hard Rock, not many poeple there but the waiter was good and helpful.

Noticed the hotel staff, most of them, were very pleasent and not just for tips. I didn't do my tips rounds until the last day. But yet the staff were very polite.

If any young girls traveling alone PLEASE do not be naive, these men are like vultures when any girls travelling alone. Although the staff can not interact with the costumers on a personal level they find a way to. Even on the streets they'll try. I was always with my husband when we went out of the hotel but yet they didn't care and still tried it on, we found it funny since my husband is a big man and tall, but this didn't matter.
A bit stressful going out to look or shop they wouldn't leave you alone, all the shop owners wanted you to come in their shop, this my husband hated, me too!
They always say the same thing all of them...."Hello...where you from....whats your name" not that they care, it's just about a sale.
So if you want to make it a bit more exciting, add a bit of spice to the holly. My husband and i are from Norway but over there we were from different parts of the world and couldn't speak english well. This helped with the haggling also.

We didn't go there for all the touristy thing only for a good relax and felt we got it. We would deffenitely go back!

The weather perfect, sun and blue skys with a cool breez.
Cold in the eavnings, take some warm clothes.

Room Tip: Added a photo of a drawn out site map of the hotel grounds, all rooms are with pool/garden view. Our...
1 Thank kimbell37
Devon
Reviewed 8 April 2012

My 14 year old daughter and I have just returned from the Siva Beach, and having been to both Hurghada and Sharm, I felt compelled to write about the high standards at this hotel. From the moment we entered, we were treated so well. We were upgraded to a junior suite and then, although it was great, we felt it was really close to reception and were instantly moved to an alternative. The rooms are huge with the most comfortable bed I have ever had when on holiday. Fantastic air con that actually worked and was so quiet.The service throughout was fantastic, with nothing too much trouble from the staff. Everywhere was kept so clean and great choice of food. There were plenty of sunbeds around the pool and on the beach. We preferred the beach as it was much quieter. The entertainment was very low key but we just wanted to relax so suited us fine. The best part of it was that we weren't pestered by staff to book trips, massages, etc. Great location as handy to go out for a walk to the shops. Will definitely be rebooking and can't wait to return. Thanks for just a great holiday.

Room Tip: The junior suites are really roomy
1 Thank mumchelsea