“Would not go back there”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hurghada
Safir Hotel Hurghada
Ranked #167 of 222 Hotels in Hurghada
Reviewed 21 August 2012

This hotel needs some changing of management, and a quick one!
First of all, the hotel's location is bad. You literally don't have anything around it, to get a bottle of water you have to walk 15 minutes one way (on that heat!).

Another thing is the food. Not much choice, pretty poor actually, and a lot of national cuisine, which is not good for people who happen not to like it.

Also the rooms need some serious restoration, new beds and sheets, etc.

I definitely wouldn't go back there. But I would go back to Hurghada and to Egypt, I had a great time besides the bad accommodation!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Dzeny

Reviewed 15 August 2012

I was here with Contiki in August 2011. This was a last minute switch. The room was an average size for a hotel in the USA so that meant it was larger than an international one. Most of the rooms had a beautiful view. AC worked well, the bed was comfy, and there was a fridge. It was very quiet. I also had a balcony overlooking the pool. The lobby was nice and the gift shop kept strange hours. The pool area was lovely. I had some issues with my key/door at first, but I eventually got the hang of it.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank JackieNYC28
Reviewed 19 July 2012

The Hotel is very nice. We stayed in the back building and got a great room with a view. The fact is that you can not open the blinds since it is too hot, so the view is something you know its there  The back side of this building is odd, only sand, construction material and few construction workers, that’s its. The main flaw of the room was the bathroom, it was way too small for a 4* hotel, but you’ll get used to it. The room was quite clean, and there was no need for tipping anyone in this hotel since they are nice even without the tip  We also went to the “Health Centre”, the massage was excellent!
The staff was great, so polite, fast, smiling. Perfect. The Chefs did awesome job with the dinner and the lunch. The breakfast was a bit poor but there was enough food for the morning. Overall very very good food- vegetables, fruits, chocolate cakes, cookies, meat...
The beach was awesome! Quiet, sandy, clean, polite staff- prefect. The water is very clear and rather deep, which I loved. The view is awesome, and it is not crowded since it is a private beach of the hotel. There were no “angry” fish nor medusa- as it was the case for some of the surrounding beaches.
The general grade for this vacation is – more than I hoped for! I would certainly go to Egypt again!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Stayed here as part of a tour and was pleasantly suprised.
Hotel was clean but the rooms were a little dated. Not sure where the mosquites were coming from (possibly the air conditioning) but my friends two rooms had them as well. Room and bed was comfortable and the private beach and pool was very nice.
Buffet dinner and breakfast was good but was not so nice that smoking was still allowed in the restaurant. Everyone smokes in Egypt but in a resort town catering to international visitors you would think non-smoking restaurant would be easy to enforce. Non-smoking tables were 2 metres away from the smoking ones so made no difference where you sat.
Staff were friendly and the beach towel service was really good, but could take time to get service for drinks in the restaurant, whether is was coffee for breakfast or evening drinks.
A fair way from downtown but there were plently of taxis going by to get you there. More restaurants only a few minutes walk up the road. Overall a good stay and the diving on the Red Sea is a must. Not sure on value for money as all included in the tour price.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 June 2012

The following points summarise our stay at the Safir Hotel:

In bath shower. Grout in bathroom was dirty.
No complimentary toiletries apart from soap (but this is not unusual in Egypt).
Table linen at one of our breakfasts was soiled – prior guests had spilt coffee/tea and the linen was not replaced for our meal.
Range of food at breakfast was acceptable.
Overall, accommodation was ok - we were on the ground floor and had a very short walk to the private beach.
Overall, staff were helpful.
Fee for wi-fi.
Watch out for the taxi drivers in Hurghada – they will rip you off if given the opportunity and we were not dropped off at the correct location by another. (This is not the fault of the hotel but a warning for travellers to the area)

Room Tip: Would recommend the ground floor room so you can just walk out your door to the pool or to the beach...
Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WayneandKaren_55
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Everything you need here. Friendly staff, nice beach, food, mostly the same, but edible unlike bigger hotels. Functional, clean rooms, nothing too much trouble for the staff (you only have to ask). Quiet hotel, no entertainment, good for chilling out.

Room Tip: Room in main hotel building not across the busy road in the garden annex. All rooms very similar, e...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Busychick1
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I'm not hard to please, especially when it comes to hotels as I typically don't plan to spend a lot of time there. I worked through a travel agency that had me at this hotel and then upgraded me. The upgraded hotel had worse TA reviews so I asked to be put back with Safir. This was a hugely disappointing part of my trip. It's also the first time I've really felt mislead by TA reviews, but it is what it is and everything worked out in the end.

The room was really outdated. It had an older style door which means that you can hear anything in the hallway (and probably vice versa). The bathroom was dirty and the shower was old. We were provided one bottle of shampoo and would have preferred to not get any at all. The bottle looked like it was several years old and had shampoo caked all over it. Just a bad impression.

We were on the second floor and I was appalled to find that the door to the terrace has no lock. Yes, it's the second floor, but still. There was a security box available in the front of the hotel for no charge so we had to put everything in there each time we left the room.

The food was terrible. We were starved and so ordered something from Jimmy's bar. Sam at the bar was super nice but the food was just bland and there were few options. We didn't eat in the restaurant upstairs. The buffet didn't look great and it was 160LE total -- you can get better for less if you just walk downtown.

Yes, all the stores were closed. This place was a ghost town. I know the whole city/country is hurting though so somewhat understandable but it felt like the effort just wasn't put into things for those of us that were there.

The pool area and beach looked nice but didn't spend much time there. It's about a 20 minute walk to downtown which is where we spent most of our time.

And as someone else said, it's 40LE for 30 minutes of wi-fi.

I'm not hard to please but I would stay in a different hotel the next time I'm in Hurghada.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room in the main hotel area (not the annex) and if you want a locking terrace...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple